Disappearing plays

Disappearing plays

Postby JDB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:18 pm

For some reason, all of the jumbo and shotgun 4wr plays have disappeared out of the playbook in the game. They are still in the plays.xml file, but they don't get used in the game. I had a number of custom playbooks that used some of these plays, but I can no longer export and import them because it says that it doesn't recognize the plays. The same thing happened awhile back with a number of option plays I had added to the game and they were working fine for a while, but they suddenly stopped showing up in the playbook. Any reason for this?
JDB

Re: Disappearing plays

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:53 am

Do you have a modded plays.xml file that it's picking up somewhere? Otherwise I'm not sure what's happening since we haven't updated the game in a while that would have affected any of this.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:17 pm

That was the issue. I just deleted the modded plays.xml file and it worked fine. But how do I know which plays file the game is using?
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:05 pm

The default plays.xml file is in the folder where you installed the game. like c: program files\ wolverinestudios\ddspf20 \data or something like that.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:06 pm

I had the default plays file intact and installed in that location. But for some reason my game seemed to be feeding of a plays file I had tried to mod, saved in another location. Not sure why it was doing that.
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:13 pm

Yea, if you mod the plays.xml and put it in your my docs\wolverine\ddspf20 folder it will use the modded file instead of the default file
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion