XFL 2001

Re: XFL 2001

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:58 pm

XFL Week 2: McGloin Struggles Against Kaepernick and Breakers

February 13, 2020

Pittsburgh, PA - The Los Angeles Breakers absolutely dominated the Pittsburgh Maulers in all facets in the game. The Breakers rode a solid offensive performance and a dominant defensive/special teams effort to a 27-0 win. QB Colin Kaepernick was 23/37 for 264 yards, 2 touchdowns and an interception. The offense was boosted by an unreal defensive performance by the Breakers. They got to the QB Matt McGloin all game, making him extremely uncomfortable in the pocket. LB Su'a Cravens was absolutely dominant on passing downs, recording 1.5 sacks with literally zero practice time with his new team. DL Da'Quan Bowers was a dominant force in the Fleet 3-4 scheme, recording three tackles, a sack, and a tackle for loss. The secondary, certainly held up to the pressure. DB Marqueston Huff made impactful plays all game. This all rounded out to a great day for K Blair Walsh, who was 3/3 on attempted field goals for the day.

On the Maulers side, it was a pretty terrible performance on offense. With the team missing two starting offensive linemen, they struggled to protect McGloin. To be completely fair to the team, McGloin himself was completely off on routine throws all game. The defensive effort wasn’t too bad, but the last of offensive possession time gave them virtually no chance to take a breather. The Breakers kept the intensity up all game and it ultimately proved to be too much for the Maulers.

-- (0-0)Breakers 27 - 0 Maulers(0-0)
(LA): QB Kaepernick - 23/37 264 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Bibbs - 24 carries, 96 yards, WR Bryant - 4 catches, 95 yards, 1 TD, WR Lee - 6 catches, 67 yards
(PIT): QB McGloin - 12/27 95 yards, 2 INTs, RB Lasco - 15 carries, 71 yards, WR Wheaton - 4 catches, 42 yards, WR Hamilton - 3 catches, 31 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)
(): QB

McGloin rips Coaches during and after Maulers loss

February 14, 2020

Pittsburgh, PA - The XFL has been hoping increased in-game access to players would give fans a more unvarnished look at what goes on during a football game and Maulers QB Matt McGloin didn’t disappoint during a halftime interview. “We need to change the whole entire game plan at halftime,” McGloin said of the Maulers, who were blanked in their 27-0 loss. “There’s a lot going on right now. It’s embarrassing for us for an offense. There’s a lot of things for us to fix and correct.”

Maulers head coach Tony Dungy said he wasn’t pleased with McGloin’s play in the first half. “I need to go talk to him and figure out what the problem is because he needs to play better.” But McGloin wasn’t done, ripping the play calling after the game, too. “There’s a lot of stuff going on behind closed doors,” said in his final on-field interview. “We need to clean that up. Communication especially is one, and it showed today. At no point in time did I think we were comfortable out there. At no point in time did I think we were in a position to try to be successful. I think it was pretty easy to see.”

XFL Week 2: Guardians Fall, Losing to Rival Valor

February 14, 2020

Washington, DC - Washington QB Cardale Jones led the Valor to the 24-point victory with 276 yards passing, two touchdowns and a QB rating of 91.7. WRs Paul Richardson and DeAndre Thompkins combined for 187 yards on 10 receptions. QB Luis Perez, who replaced Josh Freeman in the fourth quarter, led the Guardians to their only points of the game and WR Mekale McKay led the team in receiving for the 2nd straight week with 30 yards. RB Donald Brown handled the ball 10 times for 39 yards in the loss.

After the game, head coach Kevin Gilbride spoke to the media and expressed his displeasure, "I'm disappointed with how we played, and that's on me. When you play as poorly as we did today, one of two things is going to happen. You will either recognize that this wasn't good enough and you're going to dig down deeper and you're going to rally each other and inspire each other. Or you splinter apart." Gilbride continued, "I thought our defense played inspired football, it's not wasted. The effort that was put forth, it was quite an example of how to go about your business. Knowing the character that was demonstrated today, I would be very very surprised if we don't rally around each other and come back ready to play next week."

-- (1-0)Guardians 3 - 27 Valor(1-0)
(NY): QB Freeman - 8/19 44 yards, 2 INTs, QB Perez - 4/8 51 yards, RB Brown - 10 carries, 39 yards, RB Victor - 5 carries, 32 yards, WR McKay - 3 catches, 30 yards
(DC): QB Jones - 20/34 276 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB West - 12 carries, 52 yards, RB Pumphrey - 16 carries, 56 yards, WR Richardson - 4 catches, 95 yards, WR Rogers - 5 catches, 49 yards, WR Thompkins - 6 catches, 67 yards, 1 TD

XFL Week 2: Queiro Seals Bandits Win with Interception

February 15, 2020

Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Bandits LB Kyle Queiro iced the game with an interception of QB Taylor Cornelius in the final seconds to seal a 17-9 victory over the Omaha Mammoths. A huge celebration ensued as Queiro was mobbed by his teammates. "What a moment, having some of my best friends with me as well, it's definitely a good feeling," he said. Queiro's play was part of a huge day for the entire Bandits defense, with DB Jeremy Clark and DL Marcell Frazier each adding interceptions of their own and LB Steven Johnson leading the team in total tackles for the second straight week, with 10. Not to mention the four sacks the Bandits tallied as a team. It couldn't have been an easy task for the Bandits to prepare for the Mammoths not knowing whether they would see Aaron Murray or Quinton Flowers or Taylor Cornelius at quarterback. However, defensive coordinator Clayton Lopez was adamant that was not a concern. "We prepare the same every week, week in and week out," Lopez said. "Whoever they put back there at quarterback, on the offensive line, at wide receiver, at running back, it makes no difference to us, we're still going to play."

The Tampa fans did not disappoint either. A raucous crowd showed up to support the Bandits in their home opener, and the players felt their support. WR Keenan Reynolds took note, saying "this is amazing, they are the best fans in the world."

-- (0-1)Bandits 17 - 9 Mammoths(0-1)
(TB): QB Silvers - 7/18 91 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Farrow - 10 carries, 45 yards, RB Gardner - 21 carries, 72 yards, WR Reynolds - 3 catches, 87 yards, 1 TD
(OMA): QB Cornelius - 16/27 154 yards, 2 INTs, RB Patrick - 14 carries, 73 yards, RB Smith - 16 carries, 61 yards, WR Horn - 5 catches, 51 yards, TE Truesdell - 6 catches, 52 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 2: Artis-Payne, Jones Lift Roughnecks to Week 2 Win

February 16, 2020

Oklahoma City, OK - The Oklahoma City Roughnecks relied on their run game in the second half of a turnover-heavy game to beat the San Diego Fleet, 25-18. RB Cameron Artis-Payne sealed the game for the Roughnecks down the stretch, scoring two touchdowns in the fourth quarter. "I was just running," Artis-Payne said. "We've been focusing on finishing, so at the end of the day once we got down there, there was nothing else but to score. Offensive line did a good job wearing them down. We exploited some weaknesses after halftime," he added. "They continued to get a push to the second level on the linebackers and allowing us to get it downhill." The Roughnecks gave Artis-Payne the ball 10 times in the final nine minutes, and he tallied 80 yards in that span. Oklahoma City head coach Bob Stoops credited the former NFL back and the team's ability to establish the run in the second half of the game as "huge." "That was a major part of the win," Stoops said. "I thought we put them in a tough spot defending the run."

The Roughnecks offense turned the ball over three times, but the Fleet were unable to get points off of the turnovers. Stoops credited his defense with fighting out of some tough situations the team faced early and holding the Fleet offense down. "When you lose the turnover battle three to zero and still win, you're doing a lot right defensively," he said. Despite throwing for 305 yards and a touchdown, Roughnecks QB Landry Jones looked rusty, throwing two interceptions and losing a fumble through three quarters. "If I would've taken care of the ball, I feel like it would've been a different day altogether," he said. "Accuracy, that was my main problem."

-- (0-1)Fleet 18 - 25 Roughnecks(0-1)
(SD): QB Johnson - 18/34 196 yards, 2 TDs, RB Hood - 10 carries, 31 yards, WR Spruce - 6 catches, 89 yards, 2 TDs
(OKC): QB Jones - 28/40 305 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, RB Artis-Payne - 14 carries, 99 yards, 2 TDs, 5 catches, 32 yards, RB Dunbar - 10 carries, 55 yards, 5 catches, 34 yards, WR Badet - 6 catches, 53 yards, TE Parham - 5 catches, 76 yards, 1 TD, WR Davis - 2 catches, 57 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 2: Brawlers hold on to Defeat the Crusaders

February 17, 2020

Philadelphia, PA - WR Cam Phillips hauled in three touchdown passes from QB PJ Walker to lead the 2-0 Philadelphia Brawlers to a thrilling 29-24 win over the visiting London Crusaders. Philadelphia was up 21-6 at the half, but London QB Jordan Ta'amu connected with WR L'Damien Washington with a touchdown to cut the lead to 21-12 at 8:56 in the third quarter. Ta'amu then ran one in with 1:30 to go in the third to make things snug at 21-18. However, Ta'amu made a crucial mistake with the Crusaders driving in the fourth quarter when he threw his second interception of the contest with 10:48 to play. The ill-fated pass, intended for WR Alonzo Russell, instead found its way into Brawlers DB Jeremiah Johnson's grip. Johnson returned the pick to the six-yard line. Three plays later, Walker found Phillips in the end zone for their third touchdown connection. Walker then converted on the two-point conversion to make it 29-18.

London tacked on a touchdown when Ta'amu found WR Kamar Jorden for a 36-yard touchdown with 1:50 to play. The Brawlers were then able to maintain possession and run out the clock. Ta'amu's first thrown interception, 10:12 in the second quarter, was picked by DB Cody Brown, who returned it 50 yards to the one-yard line. That set up a one-yard touchdown run by RB James Butler. Phillips finished the game with eight catches for 63 yards and three touchdowns for Philadelphia.

-- (1-0)Crusaders 24 - 29 Brawlers(1-0)
(LON): QB Ta'amu - 30/37 284 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 8 carries, 32 yards, 1 TD, RB Jones - 16 carries, 44 yards, RB Michael - 19 carries, 50 yards, WR Washington - 6 catches, 77 yards, 1 TD, WR Russell - 5 catches, 42 yards, WR Jorden - 9 catches, 50 yards, 1 TD
(PHI): QB Walker - 21/30 170 yards, 3 TDs, RB Butler - 13 carries, 51 yards, 1 TD, WR Phillips - 8 catches, 63 yards, 3 TDs, WR Coates - 3 catches, 41 yards, WR Lewis - 4 catches, 50 yards

-- (0-0)Stallions 20 - 30 Rage(0-0)
(STL): QB Lynch - 16/32 199 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, RB Mason - 16 carries, 75 yards, WR Listenbee - 4 catches, 58 yards, WR Quick - 4 catches, 36 yards, 1 TD
(ORL): QB Gilbert - 21/27 243 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Johnson - 20 carries, 69 yards, 1 TD, RB Hunt - 11 carries, 55 yards, WR Johnson - 7 catches, 90 yards, 1 TD, WR Mitchell - 6 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD, WR Marshall - 4 catches, 43 yards

Stallions Excited to be Heading Home

February 18, 2020

St. Louis, MO - St. Louis' road trip started well with a win over the Memphis Express in Week 1, but the Stallions suffered a taxing, 30-20 defeat at the hands of the undefeated Orlando Rage last week. The loss wasn't pretty, with St. Louis QB Paxton Lynch passing for 199 yards and three game-changing interceptions. "We're really going back with a whole new mindset," Stallions OL Greg Robinson said after the game. "We're trying to get things back on track and try to give a good performance."

For Stallions coach Jonathan Hayes, a new mindset after the grueling loss that saw St. Louis come heartbreakingly close to beating Orlando is exactly what's needed before his squad meets their home crowd for the first time. "I think our team is growing that way," Hayes said of the loss' effect on the Stallions. "They're maturing that way. Even at the end, no one quit. Everyone was fighting to find a way to win. That will make us better down the road. Now they've felt that sting."

"I can sit here and make an excuse. Why we did this or that or that," Lynch said. "Come on. You have to go play the game. It's not the first time we've played in a loud place, and last week was loud, too." As for loud crowds, Lynch anticipates a loud and rowdy St. Louis crowd when he and his teammates are introduced for the first time at home. "I'm expecting The Dome to be rocking," Lynch said. "We just have to do our job and put a good product on the field." And he assured the fanbase craving professional football since the Rams left for Los Angeles five years ago will be satisfied come Sunday. "St. Louis has been hungry for football," he said. "It's back now."

Cam Phillips is Ready to Play his Game

February 18, 2020

Philadelphia, PA - Cam Phillips needed a second to remember the last time he scored three touchdowns in a game. The wide receiver did it in the Philadelphia Brawlers' 29-24 victory over the London Crusaders. "I think that's only my second time doing it," Phillips said, recalling a three-score game as a senior at Virginia Tech in 2017. "I was in school against ECU. This was definitely more fun. I think the timeliness of these touchdowns made it better. We needed every one of them today. I'm just glad I could help the team win."

Bandits Offense Is 'Close' to Breakout

February 19, 2020

Tampa, FL - It was one of those moments when a team needed someone to make a play, something to provide some juice, a jolt that would help determine the course of the game. With the result of team's inaugural home opener in doubt, WR Keenan Reynolds delivered a big play. The receiver caught a well-place deep ball from QB Brandon Silvers that he took 68 yards for a touchdown during the Bandits' 17-9 victory. "That was huge," said Reynolds, who caught three passes for 87 yards and caught a two-point conversion. "We were stumbling the whole first half, shooting ourselves in the foot. We saw it on film. It was actually on the same guy. We had it set up right. Coach called it and we got the look we needed."

"It was big just to get our offense going," Silvers said. "We stalled a little bit, didn't make enough plays, starting with me. That was a big change in the game. The next drive they go throw a Pick-6. That was a really big play for Keenan to get open. Omaha's got a good defense. They held New York to only 200 yards last week. They've got a really good defense and they brought the pressure. I've just got to move around and make some plays."

"I look back on this game," Reynolds said. "I look back on the last game, and I don't feel like anyone has actually stopped us. I feel like we continuously shot ourselves in the foot and that's something we've definitely got to get cleaned up going into next week. We're close. We've got to keep working. We've got to get the reps, communicate, practice. All that stuff is big, but we're close. It's always good to look at the film, see what we missed, where we can get better and go from there."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 16 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:16 pm

XFL Week 3: California Clash

February 20, 2020

San Diego, CA - Fleet QB Josh Johnson outdueled Breakers QB Colin Kaepernick down in San Diego in front of the 43,004 fans. After a slow start to the game that led to a 6-3 Los Angeles halftime lead, both quarterbacks led three touchdown drives a piece making the score 27-26 Breakers going into the 4th and the fireworks didn't stop there. Johnson hit WR Nelson Spruce down the sideline for 64 yards on the first play of the final quarter making it 34-27. Kaepernick returned the favor and led a scoring drive of his own ending with an RB Kapri Bibbs touchdown plunge and the score being 34-34. Fleet head coach Mike Martz decided to slow down the game and rode RB DuJuan Harris the next drive which turned out to be a good idea as Harris finished the drive with a 13 yard touchdown carry giving San Diego a 40-34 lead. Now with not much time left on the clock, Kaepernick had to take chances down the field and after two big completions, he was sacked and stripped ending the game.

-- (0-0)Breakers 34 - 40 Fleet(0-0)
(LA): QB Kaepernick - 23/38 288 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Bibbs - 22 carries, 88 yards, 1 TD, WR Bryant - 7 catches, 95 yards, 1 TD, WR Lee - 6 catches, 84 yards, 1 TD
(SD): QB Johnson - 30/39 366 yards, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Bibbs - 23 carries, 132 yards, 1 TD, WR Spruce - 8 catches, 116 yards, 1 TD, WR McBride - 6 catches, 99 yards, 1 TD, WR Smallwood - 6 catches, 65 yards, 2 TDs

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 3: Stallions Ground Maulers in St. Louis

February 21, 2020

St. Louis, MO - The towel waves got faster and faster while screams and bird noises became deafening before the St. Louis Stallions, the team that officially brought professional football back to the Gateway to the West. The Stallions didn't disappoint, getting out to a 23-3 first-half lead before winning 29-9 in front of a raucous lower-bowl crowd that was passionate throughout the afternoon. Fans gave the team an opening-day crowd that was larger than the Los Angeles Chargers' average crowd for this NFL season. Some Stallions players think the fanbase can grow after an impressive opening act. "We've got to open those upper decks," WR Kolby Listenbee said. "I think we can fill them up. It's the first game and I think we still can fill up those open seats."

St. Louis never trailed in Week 3 and sustained their drives thanks to an effective 1-2 run tandem of RB Tre Mason(95 yards, one touchdown) and RB Daryl Richardson(47 yards, one TD). A lateraled kickoff return also went for a Stallions touchdown thanks to WR J'Mon Moore's finish and a jaw-dropping 58-yard field goal that provided plenty of moments to mark in pro football's return to The Lou. The Maulers, meanwhile, failed to get anything going on offense with erratic quarterback play. QB Matt McGloin battled ineffectiveness and injury. QB Chris Streveler got a late audition and threw a touchdown, but by then, Pittsburgh was far from contending. The support of the team showed civic pride, but there were also gestures of disdain toward Rams owner Stan Kroenke, the man who moved the team from St. Louis to Los Angeles after the 2015 season. "We don't need the NFL," XFL fan Brandon Jones said. "The XFL is where it's at."

-- (1-1)Stallions 29 - 9 Maulers(0-0)
(LON): QB Lynch - 12/18 119 yards, RB Jones - 15 carries, 94 yards, 1 TD, RB Michael - 14 carries, 47 yards, 1 TD, WR Listenbee - 3 catches, 36 yards
(PIT): QB McGloin - 8/11 84 yards, 1 INT, QB Streveler - 11/20 133 yards, 1 TD, RB Lasco - 11 carries, 62 yards, RB Helu - 10 carries, 50 yards, WR Hamilton - 4 catches, 43 yards, 1 TD, WR Archer - 3 catches, 41 yards, WR Streeter - 3 catches, 41 yards

XFL Week 3: Walker, Phillips Show No Signs of Stopping

February 22, 2020

Omaha, NE - The PJ Walker & Cam Phillips Show was on display on Saturday. The QB connected with his go-to WR eight times for 194 yards and three TDs as the Philadelphia Brawlers(3-0) stayed perfect on the XFL season with a 34-27 victory over the Mammoths. Teams in the XFL are well aware of the presence of Phillips, but, so far, he's been unstoppable. Certainly, the receiver was a focus in the Mammoths' preparation for the Brawlers this week. The Omaha defense was first overall coming into the game, allowing only 264 total yards passing. However, it didn't have an answer for Phillips and his play-making ability, as Walker threw for 306 yards.

The two have only been playing together for a short time, but in watching the chemistry they have, you would think it's been seasons. Walker finds Phillips for 84-yard touchdown. "We talk mid-drive, and we talk on the sidelines," Walker said. "He gives me his input on what he sees from the secondary, and it helps. I tell him, 'If you're there, I'll find you.'" And it shows. Walker has thrown for a total of 748 yards, 324 of which have been to Phillips, and they've connected for seven scores. "P.J. knows if he gets the ball around Cam, he's going to make some catches," said Brawlers head coach June Jones. "Cam has really, really impressed me ever since he got here," Jones added. "He's bought into what we're doing and what we're teaching him."

-- (0-2)Mammoths 27 - 34 Brawlers(2-0)
(OMA): QB Cornelius - 16/31 193 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, QB Flowers - 4/6 51 yards, 12 carries, 52 yards, 2 TDs, RB Smith - 15 carries, 49 yards, WR Tolliver - 5 catches, 34 yards, 1 TD, WR Callaway - 8 catches, 104 yards,
(PHI): QB Walker - 24/36 306 yards, 3 TDs, RB Butler - 12 carries, 81 yards, WR Phillips - 8 catches, 194 yards, 3 TDs, WR Lewis - 6 catches, 41 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 3: Underdog Panthers rip Valor

February 23, 2020

Oakland, CA - The eight and a half point underdog Oakland Panthers blew out the previously undefeated Washington Valor in a 39-9 rout. Despite a slow-starting offense in the two prior games, the Panthers came out firing in the first series. QB Brett Hundley led them on a five-play, 71-yard drive that ended with a 40-yard touchdown reception by WR Dorial Green-Beckham. Green-Beckham had a banner game with five receptions for 109 yards and two touchdowns. He averaged 21.8 yards per reception. RB Benny Cunningham scored the only other receiving touchdown of the game in the third quarter. Cunningham's impact was felt on the ground and in the air. On the day, Cunningham had three receptions for 41 yards and 11 carries for 34 yards. Off those 34 yards, he scored two rushing touchdowns, including a one-yard rushing touchdown that he scored by doing a flip over an incoming defender in the second quarter, showcasing his athletic abilities.

Hundley posted a near-perfect passer rating of 148. He finished the night 18-of-25 for 278 yards and three touchdowns. Defensively, the Panthers racked up four interceptions, one by DB Javier Arenas and DB Stanley Jean-Baptiste. DB Craig Mager had two interceptions and a fumble recovery off of an erroneous Valor punt by P Hunter Niswander in the third quarter.

-- (0-0)Panthers 39 - 9 Valor(2-0)
(OAK): QB Hundley - 18/25 278 yards, 3 TDs, RB Cunningham - 11 carries, 34 yards, 2 TDs, 3 catches, 41 yards, 1 TD, WR Green-Beckham - 5 catches, 109 yards, 2 TDs, WR Jones - 3 catches, 75 yards
(DC): QB Jones - 13/26 103 yards, 4 INTs, RB Pumphrey - 16 carries, 87 yards, RB Pressley - 12 carries, 95 yards, 1 TD, WR Rogers - 3 catches, 38 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 3: Bandits See Room for Improvement After Loss

February 24, 2020

Tampa, FL - The Bandits knew the game was within reach. But, after a 24-12 loss to Oklahoma City, they also know they didn't execute enough down the stretch. Offensive coordinator Jim Zorn spoke about missed opportunities postgame: "When you watch the tape on this, you're going to see, he was open wasn't he? But you didn't get him the ball or we had the right defense on him but he ran 40 yards because we lost contain. It will be that kind of a deal."

The loss was not how Seattle envisioned ending its day after a quick start on offense that had them leading 12-6 at halftime. QB Brandon Silvers hit WR Austin Proehl for a 21-yard touchdown on the first offensive drive. Later in the first half Silvers found RB Kenneth Farrow for a 19-yard score. Unfortunately, the offense stalled in the second half, leaving the pressure on the defense. The defense picked up where they left off last week with three turnovers, while LB Steven Johnson appeared to be in on almost every play. He led the team in tackles for the third straight week with 14. While the defense played well overall, the Iron made some halftime adjustments that led to them racking up 94 of their 103 rushing yards in the second half. Oklahoma City's ground game was effective in keeping the Bandits offense off the field, helping them secure the win. The Bandits are already moving forward, though. With everybody gathered in the locker room during postgame, Johnson addressed the team, saying, "We've got enough in this room." Zorn added, "Keep your heads up, we get them again."

-- (0-0)Bandits 12 - 24 Roughnecks(0-0)
(TB): QB Silvers - 21/34 204 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Gardner - 14 carries, 51 yards, RB Farrow - 13 carries, 48 yards, WR Proehl - 6 catches, 81 yards, 1 TD
(OKC): QB Jones - 30/41 274 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Artis-Payne - 13 carries, 80 yards, 6 catches, 30 yards, RB Dunbar - 8 carries, 23 yards, 9 catches, 56 yards, TE Parham - 5 catches, 101 yards, 1 TD, WR Ferguson - 7 catches, 58 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

How the NFL CBA may Affect the XFL

February 26, 2020

New York, NY - The NFL and the NFL Players Association are in the middle of negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement. The NFL is looking to pass this agreement as soon as possible so they can start negotiating their new TV deals but the players aren’t as thrilled. A 17-game season is a rather important issue and the players are all but split on accepting. Whether or not the CBA passes in this current form, this could have unintended consequences in other areas of the sport. Not that the NFL is necessarily worried about them but the XFL is going to be affected whenever the CBA passes. To what extent is probably going to be unknown until the CBA goes into effect but the NFL’s potential new roster rules could push XFL player pool further down.

The NFL active roster is set to go up by two to 55 players per team under the new CBA. And in addition to four more practice squad players, that makes an additional 128 to 192 football players joining the NFL in either an active or practice squad role.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:47 am, edited 21 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:22 pm

XFL Week 4: Panthers Lose to Maulers in Pittsburgh

February 27, 2020

Pittsburgh, PA - The Oakland Panthers lost 17-14 to the Pittsburgh Maulers in the cross-country matchup. Despite coming off a 39-9 defeat of the Washington Valor in Week Three, the Panthers were held to six-points, 19 yards rushing and 84 yards passing in the first half. Their second score of the game did not come until four minutes remaining in the third. WR TJ Jones, who finished the night five of seven for 75 yards and a two-point conversion, drew a crucial pass interference call that kept a fourth and two drive alive. On the following play, TE Randall Telfer found the end zone on his first reception for Oakland and score tied the game 14-14. On the next two drives, QB Brett Hundley threw two interceptions. The following drive, K Nick Novak's kick pushed wide right with the Pittsburgh wind. Those two failed drives would seal Oakland's loss. The Maulers leaned on an efficient, safe effort from QB Chris Streveler(18-for-26, 150 yards) but the real weight was carried by RB Daniel Lasco, who barreled through the Panthers defense for 82 yards on 18 carries frequently moving chains all afternoon. "Well, I thought we had our opportunities to win the game, and we did not take advantage of them," said Hundley. "Just really focus on the fundamentals of football, the details. Just going out there and playing the quarterback position the way I have been taught and the way our coaches want me to play it and just play one play at a time."

-- (0-0)Panthers 14 - 17 Maulers(0-0)
(OAK): QB Hundley - 25/40 330 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Cunningham - 8 carries, 36 yards, WR Green-Beckham - 8 catches, 127 yards, 1 TD, WR Jones - 5 catches, 75 yards
(PIT): QB Streveler - 18/26 150 yards, 1 TD, RB Lasco - 18 carries, 82 yards, RB Helu - 11 carries, 40 yards, WR Hamilton - 5 catches, 34 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 4: Controversy in Seattle

February 28, 2020

Seattle, WA - We finally have some XFL controversy and it screwed over the Seattle Dragons. They had a 14-0 lead in the 1st half against the undefeated Philadelphia Brawlers but squandered it all by halftime before surging to a 25-14 lead in the 3rd quarter only for QB PJ Walker and WR Cam Phillips to help lead Philadelphia to 18 unanswered points for the 32-25 win. QB Tom Savage was 14/22 for just 114 yards and a critical lost fumble that meant his first turnover of the game doubled as Seattle’s final offensive play. He did pass for two touchdowns but the offense as a whole, despite the 25 points, only averaged 3.46 yards per play with two of their touchdown drives being 1 yard and 18 yards respectively. The Dragons defense intercepted QB Walker twice, strip-sacked him once, but couldn’t make critical stops whatsoever in the 4th quarter. WR Phillips caught a pair of touchdowns but thanks to big stops on the point-after conversions, Seattle was still in it in the final two minutes.

Unfortunately, with the game on the line, they were gashed on a 3rd and 10 draw that should’ve resulted in kneel downs and the clock running out. Well technically, that’s what happened. In reality, the Dragons should’ve had a chance to tie the game with a play from Philadelphia’s 21. In what can only be considered a horrible look for what has otherwise been a smooth-sailing season, QB Walker was instructed to kill the remaining four seconds of game clock on 4th down. Usually this means flinging the ball along the sidelines and out of bounds. Instead, he took another kneel and was clearly down with :02 left. That should’ve been a turnover on downs and Seattle getting the ball back. Instead, we had the clock run to :00, game over, referees leave the field, and no one could do a thing about it. The officiating supervisor Wes Booker then went on live TV and spewed some verbal diarrhea that, if this were the NFL, would dominate headlines for an entire week. No one is saying the Dragons got screwed out of a win, but they sure as hell got screwed out of a chance to tie. The XFL handled it in the most erroneous way imaginable. Now speaking of clock problems, Jim Zorn blew both of his timeouts in the 3rd quarter because of total failure to get the play off in time. One of them was at the 1-yard line after a near pick-six by DB Chris Cook. Hardly the first time a Seattle football team had the ball at the one and then forgot to have the next play and the right personnel ready.

-- (3-0)Brawlers 32 - 25 Dragons(0-0)
(PHI): QB Walker - 27/38 351 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Williams - 22 carries, 106 yards, 2 TDs, WR Phillips - 10 catches, 122 yards, 2 TDs, WR Coates - 6 catches, 95 yard, 1 TD
(SEA): QB Savage - 12/22 114 yards, 2 TDs, RB Rawls - 22 carries, 70 yards, 1 TD, WR Graham - 6 catches, 76 yards

XFL Week 4: Daniels Sparks Rally, But Comeback Falls Short

February 29, 2020

Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Bandits backup QB BJ Daniels was one of the first players to run out onto the field before the start of the second half. After picking up a ball, he turned, gave a nod, an acknowledgment he was going in the game and jogged over to continue his warmup. In the second half of the Bandits' fourth game, the quarterback was given an opportunity. He made the most of it. He created opportunities with his legs and found open receivers after buying time, helping to spark a second-half rally that fell just short as Tampa fell to the London Crusaders, 23-16. "I just tried to make the most of an opportunity that was given. I feel like I've earned it. I've worked hard. I just really wanted to help the team in any way I could, leave it all out on the line and, even though we were down, I had the thought in my head, the belief that we could still win."

Daniels entered the game with the Bandits trailing 17-3 and quickly led a scoring drive capped by 1-yard touchdown run by RB Kenneth Farrow. "In the second half we created some juice, some energy on both sides of the ball," Daniels said. "We were fighting an up-hill battle, but I could definitely see the growth and fight in this team, especially being on the road against a good team."

Crusaders QB Jordan Ta'amu completed 20 of 27 pass attempts for 264 yards and a touchdown, while leading the team with 63 yards rushing on 16 carries. London dominated the time of possession, keeping the ball 40:19 compared to Tampa's 19:41. DB Will Hill sealed the victory with his first interception of the season with 3:56 left in the 4th quarter. "We're all fighters. A lot of us have chips on our shoulders, have always had chips on our shoulders and we're just trying to do what we can to continue to prove ourselves and just put ourselves in a position to be successful. I tip my hat to those guys, they fought all along and got passion," said Ta'amu.

-- (0-0)Crusaders 23 - 16 Bandits(0-0)
(LON): QB Ta'amu - 20/27 264 yards, 1 TD, 16 carries, 63 yards, RB Michael - 15 carries, 50 yards, WR Washington - 5 catches, 71 yards, 1 TD, WR Mumphery - 2 catches, 51 yards
(TB): QB Daniels - 5/10 100 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 7 carries, 84 yards, RB Farrow - 8 carries, 41 yards, 1 TD, WR Peake - 1 catch, 57 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 4: Valor No Match for Mammoths

March 1, 2020

Omaha, NE - The Omaha Mammoths controlled the pace with a suffocating rushing attack during a 25-0 home win. RB De'Veon Smith notched a 100-yard rushing game with his 122-yard performance on 24 carries. RB Jacques Patrick had 108 yards, playing with a heavy heart after the recent passing of his father. QB Taylor Cornelius rarely missed a bit, going 24-for-31 for 211 yards and a touchdown, adding a rushing score. He's found a groove with offensive coordinator and play-caller Jaime Elizondo the past two weeks. "We have to tackle and we have to stop the run. They did a really good job of running the football, and they did it well all game," said Valor offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton. "They played their game. We missed on opportunities that we wanted to exploit. We just missed it. They played a great game overall, but not anything we weren't ready for."

-- (0-0)Valor 0 - 25 Mammoths(0-0)
(DC): QB Jones - 9/22 72 yards, 1 INT, RB West - 13 carries, 46 yards, WR Rogers - 3 catches, 32 yards
(OMA): QB Cornelius - 24/31 211 yards, 1 TD, RB Smith - 21 carries, 122 yards, RB Patrick - 21 carries, 108 yards, 1 TD, WR Williams - 7 catches, 72 yards, WR Callaway - 3 catches, 41 yards, 1 TD, WR Tolliver - 4 catches, 45 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 4: Fleet Hold on to Defeat OKC 27-20

March 2, 2020

San Diego, CA - San Diego picked off Oklahoma City QB Landry Jones three times in the first quarter that led to two field goals by K Giorgio Tavecchio and a touchdown catch by WR Nelson Spruce. Fleet LB Victor Ochi sacked Jones on the Oklahoma City 12-yard line and forced a fumble that he scooped and score with 11:48 to play and to give San Diego a 27-20 lead. On second-and-three from the San Diego three-yard line Oklahoma City was on the verge of scoring, when San Diego LB Taiwan Jones collected his second interception of the season. This time he picked off back-up QB Brogan Roback. The ball caromed off a Oklahoma City receiver and popped up when Ochi made initial impact hit and Jones was nearby to secure the pick. "We talk about those takeaways all the time. Our defense just kept hanging in there. We needed to score more points when we had our chances with those takeaways, but it's a team game and did enough on each side of the ball to win and that's gonna be the start of a pretty good rivalry," said Fleet head coach Mike Martz. "I thought the defense played exceptional today. They carried us in. Offensively, we played decent and we gotta play next week moving into the next week. Just play our game."

-- (2-1)Roughnecks 20 - 27 Fleet(1-2)
(OKC): QB Jones - 25/38 205 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, RB Dunbar - 11 carries, 56 yards, 1 TD, RB Artis-Payne - 12 carries, 31 yards, TE Parham - 6 catches, 56 yards, 1 TD, WR Badet - 6 catches, 76 yards
(SD): QB Johnson - 25/41 239 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Harris - 11 carries, 39 yards, WR Spruce - 8 catches, 97 yards, 1 TD, WR McBride - 6 catches, 53 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

Mammoths Run to Must-Have Win

March 3, 2020

Omaha, NE - A sense of urgency hit the Omaha Mammoths like a ton of bricks. In what is a short season in the XFL, something needed to change and quickly if the Mammoths had any hopes to salvage the season. QB Taylor Cornelius played with confidence, and it was thanks in-part to a stellar ground performance from RBs De'Veon Smith and Jacques Patrick. "We go in, and we work really hard with our run game because we think we have two running backs who deserve to handle the ball," head coach Frank Solich said. "We don't plan on how we're going to get it done, but we work hard both and equally with our run and pass game throughout the week, and I think that takes the pressure off a quarterback."

At 49 running plays including four from Cornelius, the two backs carried the game and averaged 5.1 yards per carry. 230 total yards rushing from Smith and Patrick marks for the league. The Mammoths are also the only team to have two 100-yard rushers in a single game. "What a great one-two punch we have with those two guys playing off each other throughout the game," said Solich. "We knew it was a must-win game for us," said Patrick. "Me personally, I just changed the way I prepared this week because we weren't getting the wins that we want on the scoreboard. So, personally, I changed the way I prepared this week. It paid off a bit."

Roughnecks Jones to miss time with Another MCL Injury

March 4, 2020

Oklahoma City, OK - Oklahoma City Roughnecks QB Landry Jones suffered another injury to his left knee in Week 4, potentially sidelining him for the rest of the season. Jones said after the 27-20 loss to the San Diego Fleet that it's likely an MCL injury. He suffered a similar injury at the start of training camp in early January and wasn't cleared to practice until the week before the opener, which he missed. Jones hasn't ruled out a return this season. "I hope so," he said. "Usually MCLs are 4-6 weeks. We have twelve weeks left, so hopefully I'll be able to come back."

"We don't know yet," Roughnecks head coach Bob Stoops said. "Fortunately he had the brace on, and hopefully that minimized what the damage is. I don't know just yet."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:18 pm, edited 14 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:23 pm

XFL Week 5: Brawlers Remain Undefeated

March 5, 2020

Philadelphia, PA - The Philadelphia Brawlers rallied from an early 14-0 deficit and then from a 23-14 margin in the third quarter to defeat the Tampa Bay Bandits 32-23 and remain the lone undefeated team in the XFL in front of a season-high 39,773 fans. The Brawlers(5-0) scored twice in the final six minutes of the second quarter tie the game at 14. The first score came when WR Nick Holley caught a season-long 50-yard touchdown pass from QB PJ Walker to make it 14-6. RB James Butler then scored with :13 to play in the half on a 1-yard run. Holley's two-point conversion on a pass from Walker tied the game at 14. Tampa Bay opened the scoring in the third quarter on a 47-yard field goal by K Ernesto Lacayo and QB BJ Daniels rushed for one yard to give the Bandits a 23-14 lead with 8:56 on the clock. From that point on, it was all Philadelphia. Philadelphia answered immediately when Butler scored his second touchdown of the game at 6:58. Then, Walker connected with WR Cam Phillips for the game's last two scores, a five-yard strike at 9:08 in the fourth and an 11-yard pass with 3:28 to play. On Tampa's subsequent and last drive, Philadelphia LB DeMarquis Gates came up with his third-straight big play on defense. This time he recovered Daniels' fumble on 3-10 on the 40-yard line. RB Andre Williams's 13-yard rush up the middle on third and 10 gave Philadelphia a first down with 1:31 to play and the Brawlers were able to run out the clock for their fifth win of the season.

-- (4-0)Brawlers 32 - 23 Bandits(0-0)
(PHI): QB Walker - 27/38 351 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Butler - 12 carries, 52 yards, 2 TDs, RB Williams - 10 carries, 54 yards, WR Phillips - 10 catches, 122 yards, 2 TDs, WR Mobley - 6 catches, 95 yards, WR Coates - 4 catches, 72 yards, 1 TD
(TB): QB Daniels - 14/22 114 yards, 10 carries, 30 yards, 2 TDs, RB Farrow - 17 carries, 58 yards, 1 TD, WR Proehl - 3 catches, 56 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 5: Fleet Defeat Omaha Mammoths

March 6, 2020

Omaha, NE - A 20-point second quarter propelled the San Diego Fleet to victory over the Omaha Mammoths 41-34 live on ESPN in their first night game of the season. Despite the showing of the final score, the Fleet were slow to start with double-digit unanswered points. They trailed 17-0 in the second quarter until WR Jordan Smallwood served as the catalyst to the stalling offense. From second-and-14 from the 45, QB Josh Johnson connected with Smallwood for 54 yards up the right side. Smallwood made a defender miss before being brought down at the one-yard line. RB DuJuan Harris scored a rushing touchdown on the next play to seal the Fleet seven-play, 71-yard drive and brought the score to 17-6. The Mammoths answered with a touchdown reception by WR Jalen Tolliver and a successful one-point conversion to WR Dan Williams. The Fleet trailed 24-6 at the two-minute warning. After the two-minute warning, the Fleet found their rhythm and scored 14 points in 77 seconds. A nine-yard touchdown reception by TE De'Quan Hampton followed by a successful two-point conversion by RB Larry Rose officially began the scoring run. The next possession took just two plays to cover 56 yards. A 48-yard reception by WR Saeed Blacknall set up the eight-yard touchdown to TE Brandon Barnes. The Fleet defense held the Mammoths scoreless in the third quarter; they allowed just three first downs giving the offense an opportunity to take their first lead. With 1:42 remaining in the third, Johnson found WR Tre McBride for the 11 yard touchdown grab. The first play of the fourth quarter foreshadowed how the shootout would end. DL Boogie Roberts grabbed an interception which the offense turned into a touchdown in just 50 seconds. The Mammoths would score a field goal and a touchdown in the fourth quarter putting them in position for a game winning-or tying drive with over a minute of game time remaining. An interception by DB Ahmad Dixon with 47 seconds remaining secured the victory for the Fleet. Despite his passer rating hovering about 41% midway through the first half, Johnson finished the night 20-of-36 for 288 yards, four touchdowns, one interception and with a 107.2 passer rating. The receiving core thrived in the absence of injured WR Nelson Spruce. Smallwood caught four passes for 86 yards and a 21.5-yard average. Saeed Blacknall record three receptions for 78 yards and a touchdown. WR Tre McBride, TE DeQuan Hampton and TE Brandon Barnes all had touchdown grabs.

-- (0-0)Mammoths 34 - 41 Fleet(0-0)
(OMA): QB Cornelius - 22/34 300 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Smith - 24 carries, 69 yards, RB Patrick - 16 carries, 73 yards, 2 TDs, WR Williams - 5 catches, 86 yards, WR Callaway - 9 catches, 90 yards, WR Tolliver - 4 catches, 95 yards, 1 TD
(SD): QB Johnson - 20/36 288 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT, RB Harris - 21 carries, 41 yards, 1 TD, WR Smallwood - 4 catches, 86 yards, WR Blacknall - 3 catches, 78 yards, 1 TD, WR McBride - 3 catches, 35 yards, 1 TD

XFL Week 5: Maulers get First Road Victory of the Season

March 7, 2020

Berlin, GERMANY - The Pittsburgh Maulers played their best game of the season with a 30-12 victory over the Berlin Bolts. All three facets of the game showed up for Pittsburgh, starting with QB Chris Streveler throwing for 229 yards on 16 completions including an 80-yard touchdown to WR Cobi Hamilton. The balanced rushing attack combined for more than 100 yards. DL Adolphus Washington extended his league lead in sacks with one in each half while both LBs Simoni Lawrence and Khairi Fortt, earned interceptions. The low-scoring first half was dominated by each team's defense, including an impressive six tackles from Maulers LB Prince Shembo as well as a sack from Washington, his fourth of the season. The 2nd half opened with the Maulers' most impressive drive thus far of the 2020 season as they traveled 76 yards on 10 plays, ending with a touchdown run by Streveler. The game took a turn from the low-scoring first half as three scores took place in the span of three plays. The first of these plays was an 80-yard touchdown pass to Hamilton down the right sideline which was promptly followed by the Maulers 2nd defensive touchdown of the year as DL Ejuan Price batted a pass to himself and returned the interception for six. Fortt also recorded an interception off of a DB Prince Charles Iworah deflection with 5:00 left in the 4th quarter, allowing the Maulers to take over and run the clock out.

"I think our defense has played well most of the games. They had fallen upon some slack times in terms of our red-zone defense over the last few weeks but they did outstandingly this time in that area. The good thing is, the offense holds on to the ball which keeps it at a minimum, the time that the defense has to be on the field. Its great complementary football and that's what we're looking to do," said head coach Tony Dungy. "I'm very proud of the defense but I'm very proud of the entire team because I think the style of play that we employ right now will give us a chance week in and week out against some of the teams that have very explosive offenses. Hopefully, we will minimize the number of chances we have to defend on defense, the number of chances they get offensively."

-- (0-0)Maulers 30 - 12 Bolts(0-0)
(PIT): QB Streveler - 16/30 229 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Lasco - 15 carries, 58 yards, RB Helu - 16 carries, 85 yards, WR Hamilton - 5 catches, 95 yards, 1 TD, WR Archer - 3 catches, 67 yards, WR Streeter - 3 catches, 46 yards
(BER): QB Kessler - 28/49 210 yards, 2 INTs, RB Sankey - 10 carries, 44 yards, TE Green - 7 catches, 46 yards, TE Escobar - 4 catches, 34 yards

-- (0-0)Dragons 14 - 27 Stallions(0-0)
(SEA): QB Savage - 16/31 184 yards, 2 INTs, RB James - 16 carries, 105 yards, 1 TD, WR Wilson - 6 catches, 54 yards
(STL): QB Lynch - 10/17 192 yards, 2 TDs, RB Mason - 15 carries, 104 yards, RB Richardson - 12 carries, 81 yards, 1 TD, WR Listenbee - 4 catches, 84 yards, 1 TD, TE Gray - 3 catches, 54 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 5: Perez Steps In, Guardians Defense Steps Up

March 8, 2020

New York, NY - By making a first-quarter quarterback change, winning the battle in the XFL's most ground-focused game of the year and excelling on defense, the New York Guardians plowed to a 15-6 victory over the London Crusaders. These two squads combined for the most rushing yards (402) of any XFL game, but a change at quarterback for the winning team played a major role in that result. After Josh Freeman's first drive ended with an interception, QB Luis Perez got the call under center. While the backup didn't push the ball downfield much, his presence allowed the run game to stand tall and control the pace, getting sizable help from RBs Darius Victor and Matt Colburn. Guardians also limited QB Jordan Ta'amu to 174 aerial yards, made several key stops on third and fourth downs, and blocked a fourth-quarter punt to seal the deal.

The seismic event that sealed the game for New York was this blocked punt by LB Frank Ginda, which was scooped up by LB Darnell Leslie to bury the ball at London' 4-yard line. Upon replacing Freeman, Perez led a crisp drive and fired a RPO-fueled laser to TE EJ Bibbs for the touchdown. "The reason we won today is because we, every single player on this team played together as one and contributed. The difference in how we are feeling now and how we felt the last two games is togetherness. We won today because we played as a team," said Perez. "That was a great team win. Our defense and special teams made plays and allowed me to do my thing. The running backs carried the load, and I'm really proud of how the offense played together down the stretch."

-- (0-0)Guardians 15 - 6 Crusaders(0-0)
(NY): QB Perez - 9/14 39 yards, 1 TD, RB Victor - 15 carries, 107 yards, RB Colburn - 8 carries, 60 yards, RB Starks - 22 carries, 69 yards, TE Bibbs - 3 catches, 14 yards, 1 TD
(LON): QB Ta'amu - 15/25 174 yards, RB Jones - 13 carries, 70 yards, RB Michael - 12 carries, 69 yards, WR Washington - 5 catches, 114 yards

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

Jagodzinski Named Offensive Coordinator

March 9, 2020

Oklahoma City, OK - The Oklahoma City Roughnecks have named Jeff Jagodzinski offensive coordinator, effective immediately. Jagodzinski takes over the role previously held by Hal Mumme, who is unable to continue those responsibilities due to an injury suffered in a sideline collision with a player on March 1. Mumme will remain as an advisor on offense for the team. Bobby Blizzard will have added duties as assistant offensive coordinator and will handle play-calling, while also continuing as running backs coach. Jagodzinski will maintain his role overseeing the offensive line.

"We appreciate Hal's hard work and efforts with our squad, particularly after his injury last weekend," noted head coach Bob Stoops. "Unfortunately, it prevented him from performing in the way we needed for the Roughnecks."

XFL is Closely Monitoring COVID-19

March 10, 2020

New York, NY - XFL Commissioner Bill Polian sent out a league announcement this morning concerning the league's approach to the Covid19 emergency. He said, "All games this weekend will be played as planned without fans being able to enter the venue. All fans will be reimbursed as the league takes this concern very seriously and will decide early next week how the league will move forward. Thank you for your understanding and your support."

“The health and safety of the entire XFL family is of the utmost importance,” XFL Founder Dick Ebersol said. “We have established a COVID-19 task force and are closely monitoring this public health issue. We are in regular contact with our Medical Advisory Board, as well as health and public safety officials on a national and local basis. Additionally, we have connected with other professional sports leagues to share information and best practices. Consideration of this input, a fact-based perspective, and our priority for safety will guide our decisions going forward.”

Dragon Player Tested Positive

March 11, 2020

Seattle, WA - A player for the Seattle Dragons has tested positive for COVID-19. The player participated in the March 7th game against the St. Louis Stallions and was asymptomatic at that time. He self-reported to team medical staff on March 10 and has been in quarantine since. A test was administered as early as possible, with the results received this morning. All Dragons players met with team medical staff this morning for exit physicals. Each player was screened for symptoms, educated on the CDC recommended guidelines and offered free extended-stay housing for those that chose to self-quarantine.

The league is alerting players, staff, vendors and partners associated with the Dragons, Brawlers and Stallions, as this player also participated in the February 28th game against Philadelphia. The XFL is monitoring the situation closely and taking every measure necessary in accordance with recommendations set forth by the CDC and the Washington State Department of Health.

The XFL is replacing the Seattle Dragons for this weekend's game against the Baltimore Brigade with the Greenwich Road Warriors, the Eastern Conference's practice squad. The Road Warriors roster includes QBs Chase Litton, Vincent Testaverde and Wilton Speight, RBs Jordan Scarlett, Karan Higdon and Mack Brown, WRs Daniel Braverman, Trey Griffey, Max McCaffery, Darius Jennings and Bryce Treggs, and TEs Xavier Grimble and Tyrone Swoopes. Veteran coaches Jerry Glanville, Kurt Schottenheimer, Turk Schonert, Bart Andrus and Terry Shea will lead the Road Warriors.

California Teams Halt Season

March 12, 2020

Sacramento, CA - The Los Angeles Breakers, Oakland Panthers and San Diego Fleet have all pulled out of their XFL games this weekend at the demand of California Governor Gavin Newsom. The Breakers were scheduled to host the Panthers, while the San Diego Fleet was scheduled to host the Pittsburgh Maulers. Now the Maulers, will play host to the Austin Generals, the Eastern Conference's practice squad in Pittsburgh. The Generals roster includes QBs Anthony Gordon, Tyler Bray and Steven Montez, RBs Dexter Williams, Bo Scarborough and Josh Ferguson, WRs Fred Ross, Damion Willis, Robert Foster and George Campbell and TE Isaac Nauta. The Generals will be coached by Dom Capers, Mike Sherman, Steve Fairchild, Bob Bratkowski and Monte Kiffin.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:51 pm, edited 20 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:24 pm

XFL Week 6: Replacement Teams Had No Chance

March 13, 2020

Pittsburgh, PA - With the NBA, NCAA, MLB, NHL and NASCAR all halting their seasons, Vince McMahon wanted all eyes on his XFL for the weekend and he got exactly that. All of the league's Week 6 games were amongst the top twenty most watched television broadcasts for the week. QB Chris Streveler returned to the starting line-up for the Pittsburgh Maulers and the team picked up the victory against the Austin Generals, the Western Conference's practice squad. With the recent insertion of Streveler into the starting lineup, head coach Tony Dungy has been able to unleash a deep vertical passing attack and Streveler has delivered.

Streveler threw for 325 yards and 4 scores with each of his talented receivers, Markus Wheaton, Cobi Hamilton, Tommy Streeter and Ricardo Louis all having over 60 yards and a touchdown. The Austin Generals on the other hand tried to stay in the game with a ground attack combining the efforts of RBs Bo Scarborough, Josh Ferguson and Dexter Williams, who combined for 93 yards on the day but rookie QB Anthony Gordon couldn't do much in the air before being benched in the late third quarter for fellow rookie QB Steven Montez. Montez was able to hit WR Robert Foster for a score in the 4th but it was too little too late for the Generals as they fell 34-10.

-- (0-0)Maulers 34 - 10 Generals(0-0)
(PIT): QB Streveler - 27/38 325 yards, 4 TDs, RB Anderson - 19 carries, 87 yards, WR Strong - 10 catches, 100 yards, 1 TD, WR Posey - 5 catches, 85 yards, 1 TD, WR Smith - 3 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
(AUS): QB Gordon - 7/20 87 yards, 1 INT, RB Scarborough - 10 carries, 40 yards, WR Foster - 5 catches, 62 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-0)Road Warriors 3 - 21 Brigade(0-0)
(GRW): QB Speight - 9/21 113 yards, RB Brown - 11 carries, 31 yards, WR McCaffery - 4 catches, 70 yards
(BAL): QB Thorson - 20/35 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB - 23 carries, 132 yards, 1 TD, WR - 9 catches, 106 yards, WR - 5 catches, 50 yards, 1 TD

XFL Week 6:

March 14, 2020

Columbus, OH -

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Week 6:

March 15, 2020

Columbus, OH -

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0)Stallions 21 - 17 Bandits(1-4)
(STL): QB Lynch - 19/34 194 yards, RB Mason - 10 carries, 35 yards, RB Richardson - 8 carries, 51 yards, WR Listenbee - 3 catches, 83 yards, 1 TD, WR Quick - 4 catches, 67 yards, TE Gray - 3 catches, 36 yards, 1 TD
(TB): QB Daniels - 13/23 159 yards, 1 TD, 13 carries, 62 yards, RB Farrow - 13 carries, 51 yards, RB Gardner - 12 carries, 87 yards, 1 TD, WR Peake - 2 catches, 44 yards, 1 TD, WR Greene - 4 catches, 59 yards

-- (0-0)Renegades 35 - 26 Defenders(0-0)
(DAL): QB Petty - 26/36 288 yards, 3 TDs, RB Randle - 15 carries, 54 yards, RB Seastrunk - 13 carries, 47 yards, 1 TD, WR Evans - 8 catches, 83 yards, 1 TD, WR Dunbar - 4 catches, 71 yards, 1 TD, WR Butler - 2 catches, 43 yards, 1 TD
(COL): QB Mallett - 16/30 245 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, RB Carey - 17 carries, 115 yards, 2 TDs, WR Pettis - 6 catches, 127 yards, 2 TDs, WR Burbridge - 2 catches, 33 yards

-- (0-0)Guardians 16 - 44 Brawlers(5-0)
(NY): QB Perez - 18/30 267 yards, 2 TDs, RB Victor - 12 carries, 40 yards, WR McKay - 4 catches, 57 yards, WR Burks - 2 catches, 89 yards, 1 TD
(PHI): QB Walker - 27/33 302 yards, 4 TDs, RB Butler - 14 carries, 96 yards, 2 TDs, WR Phillips - 3 catches, 83 yards, 2 TDs, WR Coates - 3 catches, 62 yards, 1 TD, WR Holley - 2 catches, 49 yards, 1 TD

XFL Week 6:

March 16, 2020

Columbus, OH -

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

-- (0-0) - (0-0)

XFL Cancels Week 7 and 8

March 18, 2020

New York, NY - Due to the Covid-19 pandemic sweeping the nation, the XFL has announced that they would be cancelling the games of Week 7 and Week 8. Due to television and stadium contracts, the league will not try to reschedule those games. The league intends to finish a fourteen game season starting the first weekend of April.

XFL Cancels Remainder of 2020 Season

April 1, 2020

New York, NY - With no end in sight for the Covid-19 pandemic, the XFL has cancelled the remainder of the 2020 regular season. However, the league does intend to play a single game elimination playoff on the dates of July 11th, 18th, 25th and August 2nd. Those games will all take place inside of the Dallas Cowboys' practice facility, Ford Center at the Star, in Frisco, Texas. The facility has a capacity of 12,000 but the league has not announced whether or not fans will be able to attend the event as of now. All games would be nationally televised.

“The XFL is scheduling a single game elimination football tournament in Frisco for July, using a bubble concept that would be the first of its kind in the sport during the coronavirus pandemic," stated XFL Commissioner Bill Polian.

Carolina Panthers Select Kenny Robinson

April 1, 2020

Oakland, CA - The Carolina Panthers selected Robinson with the 152nd pick in the fifth round of the 2020 NFL Draft. Robinson was the first underclassman to join the XFL since Maurice Clarett, Mike Williams and Adrian McPherson went that route. With Robinson's Oakland Panthers not making the XFL playoffs, he intends to sign with the NFL's Carolina Panthers next month.

XFL Ownership Groups Questioning League's Future

June 15, 2020

New York, NY - The XFL owner's pocket books were hit very hard by the covid-19 pandemic and for the first time in awhile, they're facing a lot of negative momentum. Some analysts believe the league was set back three years financially due to the cancellation of the season, but those numbers won't be known until the financial fiscal year report is posted publicly. With the financial numbers starting to roll in, compounding with the XFL facing questions about next season, rumors are circling that some ownership groups are waffling on the future plans of their franchises.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:50 pm, edited 13 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:28 pm

XFL First Round: Two Months Without Football is Never Ideal

July 18, 2020

Frisco, TX - The first round of the 2020 XFL playoffs showed a lot of rust from the teams on the offensive side of the ball with the two month layoff. The teams only got together for practice ten times over the last two months and it showed. However, two of the three "home" favorites advanced to round two. K Blair Walsh kicked a 44-yard field goal as time expired to give the San Diego Fleet a wild 27-25 victory over the St. Louis Stallions on Saturday night in the first round playoffs of the Alliance of American Football in Frisco, Texas. Walsh’s third field goal of the night was set up moments earlier by a 45-yard completion from QB Colin Kaepernick to WR Martavis Bryant. QB Jordan Ta'amu had led the Stallions on a 76-yard scoring drive in the closing minutes to go up 25-24 with just under a minute remaining. DB Ron Brooks had three interceptions, returning one 23 yards for a fourth-quarter touchdown, as San Diego moved on to the 2nd round. In the third quarter, Fleet DB Leon McFadden returned a fumble 41 yards for a touchdown to give San Diego a 12-11 lead. On the ensuing Stallions drive, Fleet DL Damontre Moore sacked QB Ta'amu, forcing and recovering a fumble. The offense capitalized on the turnover when QB Kaepernick connected with TE Marcus Baugh for an 18-yard touchdown and an 18-11 lead. Kaepernick threw for 304 yards and a touchdown for San Diego. RB Christine Michael ran for two touchdowns to keep the Stallions within striking distance. QB Ta'amu overcame three interceptions and his first Alliance start to lead the Stallions on what seemed to be a game-winning final drive, tossing a 6-yard touchdown pass to TE Nick Truesdell to pull St. Louis within one. Ta'amu then scrambled and completed a 2-point conversion pass to WR Kenny Bell to give the Stallions a 25-24 lead. Kaepernick, however, drove the Fleet into field goal position. Walsh split the uprights from 44 yards, and the Fleet remain in the championship hunt.

(0-0)Fleet 27 - 25 Stallions(0-0)
(SD): QB Kaepernick - 22/43 304 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Bibbs - 14 carries, 57 yards, WR Bryant - 3 catches, 94 yards, WR Miller - 4 catches, 65 yards
(STL): QB Ta'amu - 32/51 386 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, RB Michael - 17 carries, 95 yards, 2 TDs, WR Clay - 8 catches, 130 yards, WR Pryor - 6 catches, 71 yards

(0-0Maulers 23 - 15 Wildcats(0-0)
(PIT): QB Streveler - 22/31 178 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Anderson - 27 carries, 85 yards, 2 TDs, WR Posey - 8 catches, 90 yards, 1 TD
(LA): QB Johnson - 22/39 222 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Oliver - 21 carries, 66 yards, WR Spruce - 6 catches, 51 yards

(0-0)Commanders 3 - 8 Dragons(0-0)
(SA): QB Tebow - 11/22 155 yards, 2 INTs, RB Cobb - 33 carries, 92 yards, WR Patton - 4 catches, 32 yards
(SEA): QB Smith - 22/37 210 yards, 2 INTs, RB Prosise - 14 carries, 54 yards, 1 TD, WR Graham - 8 catches, 79 yards, WR Lockette - 6 catches, 73 yards

XFL Quarter-Final: Rage Earn Right to Play for Eastern Conference Championship

July 24, 2020

Frisco, TX - Rage' QB Garrett Gilbert was the standout, throwing for 272 yards and four touchdowns on 23-for-39 passing. Gilbert's performance was complemented by Orlando's defense, which didn't allow a touchdown in the final 39 minutes of the game and shut out the Storm in the second half. Tampa Bay QB Blake Bortles looked good early, pushing the Storm to a 14-6 lead with a pair of touchdowns, one on the air and one on the ground. But Orlando took the lead just before halftime and never looked back winning, 37-17.

(0-0)Rage 37 - 17 Bandits(0-0)
(ORL): QB Gilbert - 27/36 272 yards, 4 TDs, RB Hunt - 16 carries, 80 yards, WR Moncrief - 7 catches, 93 yards, 1 TD, WR Johnson - 6 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD, WR Marshall - 8 catches, 70 yards, 1 TD
(TB): QB Bortles - 20/34 215 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Collins - 20 carries, 68 yards, WR Benjamin - 6 catches, 79 yards, 1 TD

XFL Quarter-Final: Birmingham Opted into Playoff Run

July 24, 2020

Frisco, TX - The Birmingham defense was just too strong for the Blues. Despite, QB Tahj Boyd's two interceptions, the Blues still just weren't able to finish drives with points. EJ Manuel played well in the regular season for Miami but today wasn't his day with his top two WRs, Leonard Hankerson and Kevin White opting out. Birmingham know this may be their best chance at a championship after being so close the last few years and they're playing like it on defense. The Steel will serve as the home team next Saturday and open as 3.5 point favorites.

(0-0)Blues 10 - 20 Steel(0-0)
(MIA): QB Manuel - 17/30 200 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, RB Robinson - 17 carries, 45 yards, WR Jones - 4 catches, 60 yards, 1 TD
(BIRM): QB Boyd - 9/21 184 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, RB Richardson - 25 carries, 127 yards, 1 TD, WR Washington - 3 catches, 101 yards, 1 TD

XFL Quarter-Final: Maulers Ride Red Hot Streveler

July 25, 2020

Frisco, TX - Maulers QB Chris Streveler does it again! Streveler took over for Dalton Sturm and he hasn't lost a game yet. QB Streveler didn't put up huge numbers on Saturday but he took care of the football and took advantage of the short fields provided to him from the turnovers of the Conquerors and pulled off the upset. RB CJ Anderson and WR Devier Posey also once again did what they did best all season and that was finding the end zone. The Maulers will serve as the away team for the league's championship game next week.

(0-0)Maulers 21 - 17 Defenders(0-0)
(PIT): QB Streveler - 17/25 217 yards, 2 TDs, RB Anderson - 23 carries, 102 yards, 1 TD, WR Posey - 6 catches, 87 yards, 1 TD, WR Strong - 5 catches, 72 yards
(COL): QB Mallett - 15/32 226 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Crowell - 19 carries, 69 yards, WR Coleman - 7 catches, 145 yards, 2 TDs

XFL Quarter-Final: Dragons' Hopes Go Wide Left

July 25, 2020

Frisco, TX - Missed opportunities in the red zone cost the Dragons dearly on Sunday Night. The team was unable to convert short fields into Touchdowns and settled for 4 Field Goals on the night from K Garrett Hartley. After a great first drive that ended in a Field Goal, Fleet QB Colin Kaepernick had a fumbled snap for San Diego that the Dragons pounced on but again, the Dragons were only able to get another 3 points. QB Kaepernick then drove the length of the field and hit athletic TE Joseph Fauria for a 23 yard score to end the first with the Fleet up 7-6. The second quarter saw both teams move the ball pretty well through the air with both teams scoring touchdown drives making the game a 14-13 score at the half. The third quarter was a quarter absolutely dominated by the Dragons but the team once again couldn't finish drives in the end zone, so they only added two more Field Goals from Hartley. This proved costly in the 4th quarter when QB Kaepernick hit WR Martavis Bryant for the go ahead Touchdown, 20-19. QB Smith gave his team one last chance at the win but Sturgis missed a long 53 yarder with zeros on the clock.

(0-0)Fleet 20 - 19 Dragons(0-0)
(SD): QB Kaepernick - 17/28 185 yards, 3 TDs, RB Bibbs - 19 carries, 71 yards, WR Bryant - 6 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD, WR Miller - 5 catches, 53 yards, 1 TD
(SEA): QB Smith - 25/36 313 yards, 1 TD, RB Prosise - 16 carries, 85 yards, RB Rawls - 13 carries, 67 yards, WR Graham - 10 catches, 140 yards

XFL Semi-Final: Steel Flattens the Eastern Conference

July 31, 2020

Frisco, TX - After a Predators' Field Goal, QB Tahj Boyd and the Iron rode an 18 play drive down to the one yard line where RB Trent Richardson finished the possession in the end zone. Orlando QB Garrett Gilbert then responded with back to back nice drives of his own that concluded with a 13 yard touchdown scamper by RB Akeem Hunt and a 2 yard TD pass to TE Ben Koyack. After an Iron Field Goal, the game went to halftime with a score of 17-10 in favor of Orlando. After a boring third quarter, that only saw Birmingham add another Field Goal, the fourth quarter brought more offense. Predators' RB Antonio Andrews finished an impressive drive with a 7 yard touchdown run that put Orlando up 24 to 13. However, Iron Head Coach Byron Leftwich and the Iron stuck to the game plan and stayed patient and conservative. RB Trent Richardson decided to take over the game late, where he punched in his second touchdown from 1 yard out, then gave his team the lead when he repeated the feat with only 0:37 left in the ballgame.

(0-0)Rage 24 - 27 Steel(0-0)
(ORL): QB Garrett Gilbert - 25/37 325 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Hunt - 17 carries, 81 yards, 1 TD, RB Andrews - 16 carries, 66 yards, 1 TD, WR Johnson - 9 catches, 150 yards, WR Moncrief - 6 catches, 81 yards
(BIRM): QB Boyd - 11/19 160 yards, RB Richardson - 31 carries, 171 yards, 3 TDs, WR Washington - 5 catches, 74 yards

XFL Semi-Final: Streveler Becoming an XFL Star

August 1, 2020

Frisco, TX - Columbus Generals QB Chris Streveler hit WR Devier Posey three times for Touchdowns in the 2nd quarter on Sunday putting the Generals up 21-3 going into halftime. After an abysmal first half, Fleet QB Colin Kaepernick rebounded in the third quarter finding a rhythm with former Pittsburgh Steelers WR Martavis Bryant and WR Braxton Miller to bring the game to 21-17 at the conclusion of the quarter. After a three and out for the Generals and with all of the momentum, the Fleet turned to RB Kapri Bibbs and he delivered big, gaining 44 yards on the drive that he finished with a touchdown and a Fleet 24-21 lead. However, Chris Streveler was named the game's MVP for a reason and that reason was the game's final drive. He connected with six different pass catchers en route to the 1 yard line where RB Charcandrick West jumped over the pile on 3rd and goal to give the Generals the lead, the win, 28-24, and the birth in the Alliance Championship.

(0-0)Maulers 28 - 24 Fleet(0-0)
(PIT): QB Streveler - 22/31 300 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, RB Anderson - 20 carries, 104 yards, WR Posey - 6 catches, 129 yards, 3 TDs, WR Strong - 8 catches, 90 yards
(SD): QB Kaepernick - 17/27 222 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Bibbs - 21 carries, 90 yards, 1 TD, WR Bryant - 10 catches, 115 yards, 1 TD

Canadian Football League Cancels 2020 Season

August 3, 2020

Toronto, ONTARIO, CANADA - The Canadian Football League canceled its 2020 season Monday because of the pandemic, marking the first year since 1919 the Grey Cup won't be awarded. The move by the nine-team league dashed hopes of a shortened season in the hub city of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Commissioner Randy Ambrosie said in a statement the decision was in the "best long-term interests" of the league. "We are absolutely committed to 2021, to the future of our league and the pursuit of our vision of a bigger, stronger, more global CFL," he said.

The CFL, unlike other major leagues in North America, does not have the luxury of a billion-dollar television contract. While its deal with TSN has become more lucrative over the years, the CFL remains a gate-driven league, a major problem when fans aren't allowed in the stands. The league was unable to secure financing from the federal government after requesting an interest-free loan of $23.7 million on Aug. 3 to stage an abbreviated 2020 campaign. The deal fell through Sunday night. The commissioner has said the league lost more than $15 million last season. "Even with government funding and a new CBA, our owners and community-held teams would have had to endure significant financial losses to play in 2020," Ambrosie said.

The league also needed approval from the Public Health Agency of Canada. Dr. Howard Njoo, Canada's deputy chief public health officer, said last Friday he was encouraged by the CFL's plan, but couldn't provide a timeline for a decision the league quickly needed to proceed. The CFL said last month it had chosen Winnipeg as a hub city for a regular season with six games, followed by an eight-team playoff. No fans were to attend. But it was contingent on the league securing financial assistance from the federal government, solidifying an extension of the collective bargaining agreement and approving health and safety protocols. The league also struggled to mend fences with the CFL Players' Association. Politicians from all major parties criticized the CFL for not having its players involved in its initial financial assistance request.

When the pandemic first hit in March, the CFL had time on its side, with training camps not set to open until May. But as the situation worsened, the CFL began postponing camps and eventually the start of the regular season in June. Later, the CFL called off the championship Grey Cup game in November in Regina, Saskatchewan, saying the model would not work without fans. The cancellation also puts the new-look Edmonton team on hold. The team announced it was dropping the name Eskimos this summer after facing pressure from sponsors.

XFL Veterans Bowl: Streveler is a Star

August 8, 2020

Frisco, TX - As the third drive of the game started to get rolling, Iron QB Tahj Boyd’s pass was intercepted by LB Marcus Smith who returned it for a touchdown. Putting themselves in a 7-0 hole early, the Iron finally put together a decent offensive drive. The second quarter begins with the Iron near the end zone, however, a sack by Generals DL Shawn Oakman and a penalty pushed the offense back to 3rd and 22. A dropped pass made it 4th and 22 with the Iron settling for the field goal. Generals QB Chris Streveler and the offense trots out for what would be the final drive of the half. Streveler connects with WR Devier Posey for a monster 52 yard gain. WR Jaelen Strong also got involved with some short completions of his own. Streveler then connects with TE Clive Walford on a 27 yard route that has the score 14-3 at the half.

The Iron were finally able to put some points up on the board in the third quarter. RB Trent Richardson continued to pick up solid yardage as the offense marched down the field. A successful 4th and 4 conversion gave the team some life on the drive, and it was capped off by a Tahj Boyd QB sneak for a touchdown. The Aviators went for two and converted thanks to TE Asante Cleveland who went up and snatched the ball away from the defender. The lead was trimmed 14-11 following the score. The Aviators started the fourth quarter on defense and failing to stop the Generals offense as they find pay dirt. The score leaves a steep uphill climb for the Iron as they trail 21-11. The Iron would turn to RB Richardson as they have done so many times before. They march down the field. RB Richardson caps it off with a rushing touchdown to make it 21-18 but with little time remaining. On this drive, little used backup RB Byron Marshall showed off the wheels and had some nice chunk yardage runs. WR Eugene Lewis would end the drive as he hauled in a pass from QB Streveler, Streveler’s third touchdown pass of the game. This score all but ended the game theoretically, as the Generals took a commanding 28-18 lead.

(0-0)Maulers 28 - 18 Steel(0-0)
(PIT): QB Streveler - 22/32 263 yards, 3 TDs, RB Anderson - 15 carries, 51 yards, WR Posey - 4 catches, 100 yards, 1 TD, WR Lewis - 6 catches, 66 yards, 1 TD
(BIRM): QB Boyd - 8/20 88 yards, 2 INTs, RB Richardson - 23 carries, 102 yards, 1 TD, WR Jones - 3 catches, 41 yards
Last edited by BengalErnst on Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:08 pm

Year Twenty Financial Report Released

September 1, 2020

New York, NY -

In an attempt to lower the expenditure budget for at least for the 2021 season, the XFL would be dropping the Austin Generals and Greenwich Road Warriors as the league's practice squads.

Ottawa Force Must Convince Vets to take Paycuts

September 2, 2020

Ottawa, ONTARIO, CANADA - The Ottawa Force is looking to chop $600,000 in salaries for the 2021 season, Marcel Desjardins has a tough job ahead of him. The Ottawa Force general manager needs to convince some of his star players, who are already under contract, and their agents that the XFL’s financial crunch is real. He needs them to restructure their contracts and take less money. It’s Economics 101, with the XFL coming off a 2020 season that was shortened because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Having lost oodles of money, as in millions of dollars, some of the league’s teams are cutting costs wherever they can. For 2021, there will be a cap on football operations departments (about a $500,000 whack from a year ago), so that will save some money. Teams need to find savings on the player side, too, though. While the current collective bargaining agreement has a salary-cap ceiling of $5.35 million, it sure seems as if like that number will come in much closer to the $4.75-million salary floor for the coming season.

An XFL agent, who asked his name not be used, said most players understood the league’s situation. “Everybody understands there was no CFL season and the XFL is in a unique situation where general managers have to spend to the floor,” the agent said. “It seems that’s consistent around the leagues. It makes for a challenging market when there’s about a 15 percent reduction you can only get from your veteran players. It’s definitely tough, but I would say the players, in general, understand the financial situation. It can’t get any worse than not having a season. Guys are still grateful for the opportunity to play in the league and support their families.”

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson buys XFL for $150 million with partners RedBird Capital and Dany Garcia

September 3, 2020

New York, NY - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, RedBird Capital and Dany Garcia teamed up to purchase the majority stake of the XFL for approximately $150 million. RedBird Capital is an investment firm that focuses on providing flexible and long-term capital to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses and the XFL will be its latest challenge. Garcia, Johnson's business partner and ex-wife, will also be a stakeholder in the league. "The acquisition of the XFL with my talented partners, Dany Garcia and Gerry Cardinale, is an investment for me that's rooted deeply in two things -- my passion for the game and my desire to always take care of the fans," Johnson said in a press release. "With pride and gratitude for all that I've built with my own two hands, I plan to apply these callouses to the XFL, and look forward to creating something special for the players, fans, and everyone involved for the love of football."

"It is a privilege to partner with Dany and Dwayne on the acquisition of the XFL," said Gerry Cardinale, Founder and Managing Partner of RedBird Capital. "Their track record in building dynamic businesses speaks for itself, and their vision and passion for developing the XFL as a world class sports and entertainment property will enable a new future for this organization.

Mexico City Aztecs Join the LFA

September 21, 2020

Mexico City, MEXICO -

Ottawa Force Announce Two Year Hiatus

September 30, 2020

Ottawa, ONTARIO, CANADA - The Ottawa Force announced that the franchise would need to take a two-season hiatus from play in the XFL due to financial issues stemming from the pandemic. The Force expect to resume play in a thriving and stronger-than-ever XFL for the 2023 season. "The Force have established a strong level of support and while this required hiatus to accommodate is necessary, we also understand it is important for our community and the long-term future of the Force as an important community asset," said Force owner Bernie Gleiberman.

"The Force are a historic XFL team and remain an important part of the XFL," XFL Commissioner Bill Polian stated. "We look forward to having the Force return in 2020. We remain committed to continued growth for the 2021 season and beyond. The XFL has significant expansion opportunities and strategic initiatives which are currently under discussion. We believe the future of the XFL is very bright."

Project FANchise Launches First-Ever Fan-Run Pro Sports Team

October 15, 2020

Houston, TX - Project FANchise LLC and CEO Sohrob Farudi announced that they will debut a fan-controlled franchise in the 2021 XFL season after purchasing the Houston Stampede from BP Capital Sports & Entertainment Management LLC. Through Project FANchise's proprietary technology, fans who are used to screaming from the stands will have an unprecedented voice, allowing them to control every part of the FANchise. From choosing the players that make the roster to making in-game play calls, fans will run the show.

"Today is an incredibly exciting day for the millions of sports fans who have always dreamed of running their beloved team," said Sohrob Farudi, Project FANchise Founder and CEO. "We are empowering fans to make real decisions; to be part of the team. This is the start of a new era of fandom, designed to give fans true, legitimate power."

"The addition of Project FANchise to the XFL provides the ability to be on the cutting edge of a completely new and hands-on approach to team operation that will bring fans closer to the action than ever before," said XFL Commissioner Bill Polian. "Project FANchise Founder & CEO Sohrob Farudi has dedicated his organization to bringing a truly unique and revolutionary product to the XFL community."

Project FANchise takes over as Owner of Roughnecks

November 9, 2020

Oklahoma City, OK - Project FANchise LLC was announced as the new owner of the Oklahoma City Roughnecks after purchasing the franchise from Professional OKC Sports Club LLC for $12.5M. The Roughnecks are the second XFL team FANchise took ownership of. The first team was the Houston Stampede last month. Project FANchise is co-owned by former Broncos linebacker Al Wilson. “I am so excited to bring the FANchise technology to the Oklahoma City Roughnecks as I know how passionate and engaged they are in understanding the business of professional football,” Wilson said in the release.

With the FANchise ownership, the team will be a fan-run franchise. The fans will have input on coach hiring, player selection and play calling, all things fans have only been able to do in fantasy sports. Starting with the 2021 season, fans will have the chance to be part of a virtual front office as scouts, coaches and general managers. The opportunities will also include private forums, calls with the general manger, coaches and staff. “Football fans have evolved and are now more sophisticated in how they engage with the sport. Our goal is to not only provide our fans with unheard of access in the decision-making process of the team, both on and off the field, but to showcase how fantasy football can become a reality,” said Sohrod Farudi, Project FANchise LLC’s CEO.

Atlanta Alphas Hire Mark Richt to be next Head Coach

November 15, 2020

Atlanta, GA - The Atlanta Alphas of the XFL have hired former University of Georgia and Miami(FL) head coach Mark Richt to be the new face of the franchise.

Manning Family Purchase Express

November 20, 2020

Memphis, TN - Archie Manning, the former New Orleans Saints QB, along with sons, Peyton, the former Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos QB and Eli, the former New York Giants QB, and Manning Sports LLC have purchased the Memphis Express from Frederick Smith and FedEx Express Sports LLC. Manning Sports LLC outbid Robert Pera, the Memphis Grizzlies owner for the team that will now go by as the Memphis Showboats. Smith would stay on as a minority owner of the Showboats.

Manning Sports LLC announced the signing of North Dakota State's QB Trey Lance. Lance is projected to be a second round selection in the 2021 NFL Draft. Lance was currently preparing for that draft as his NDSU Bison had their 2020 season cancelled due to the Covid-19 virus. Lance signed a one year $2.3M contract with Memphis and intends to enter the 2021 NFL Draft. Lance became the starting QB for the Bison as a redshirt freshmen in 2019 and proceeded to lead them to FCS National Championship.

Fans Vote for FANchises to Trade Names

November 29, 2020

Houston, TX -

XFL takes Advantage of CFL Cancelling Season

December 20, 2020

New York, NY - The XFL only went out and signed five of the CFL's premier Free Agents. The XFL's level of talent has set them above the CFL and the signings will likely be pretty marginal moving forward. The Baltimore Brigade sign DB Cariel Brooks and K Justin Medlock, San Diego Fleet sign Devier Posey, St. Louis Stallions sign LB Henoc Muamba, Berlin Bolts sign LB Cameron Judge and Atlanta Alphas sign LB Patrick Levels.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:29 am, edited 20 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby zo82 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:02 pm

Does the CFL still have teams in America or have they retracted to only Canadian teams
zo82

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:22 pm

zo82 wrote:Does the CFL still have teams in America or have they retracted to only Canadian teams

As of now, the CFL does still have a "Detroit-Windsor" team in this timeline but the storyline for the CFL is just about to really begin here soon.

I apologize that I'm jumping around so much but I wanted to go back and add a lot more details to this league to make it more realistic and more interesting. I'm currently back in 2008 altering subtle things. Thank you for tuning back in with me here. I always appreciate people taking time to read what I write here and I love hearing your thoughts. Thanks guys.

QB Garrett Gilbert Agrees to Pay Cut to Stay with Rage

January 9, 2021

Orlando, FL - XFL championship-winning QB Garrett Gilbert said it was an easy decision for him to agree to a restructured contract with the Orlando Rage for the 2021 XFL season. The Rage originally signed Gilbert to a two-year contract extension in January of 2020. He was believed to be due to make close to $500,000 in 2021, including pre-season bonuses, but will now be paid closer to $410,000. He was asked if this was his way of taking one for the team. “I don’t necessarily see it that way,” he said. “Obviously the total deal is under what the original one was but given the climate that we’re living in right now, everybody knows it’s gonna be tough for the XFL and obviously it’s tougher for everybody. I’m not ignorant or pig-headed enough to think that I’m still not making great money. It was a pretty easy decision for me.”

Gilbert is taking a pay cut to stay in Orlando and many of the league’s highest paid players are doing the same. Teams are trying to move money around in terms of how it is dispersed to players in order to help with a salary crunch. Some XFL teams have been mandated to spend $500,000 less on player salaries than they did in 2019. In order to re-sign free agents and attract new talent, the teams will need higher-paid players under contract to restructure their deals or potentially be released.

Birmingham to Host Eastern Games for XFL in 2021

January 25, 2021

Birmingham, AL - The XFL announced that Birmingham, Alabama will be the home of all Eastern conference XFL games in 2021. Games will be held at Protective Stadium, the 45,000-seat home of the University of Alabama-Birmingham, with a number of additional games also staged at historic Legion Field, the current home of the Birmingham Steel. The Birmingham City Council voted to approve $500,000 in in-kind services to the XFL. The season begins in April with twenty-four of the games played at the new Protective Stadium, while the rest at Legion Field. The season will end in July. The $500,000 in-kind support includes personnel, police, fire and rescue services for the games played at Legion Field. The XFL is estimated to have a $15 million economic impact on the area, according to Greater Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau. Some of that includes the league paying for hotels to house players, coaches and other staff over the ten week truncated season. “They have committed to staying in hotels within the city limits of Birmingham, and it’s going to be a pretty significant commitment, not only for city coffers, but also for the restaurant and hospitality industry, as well,” City Councilor Hunter Williams told the Birmingham Times. Securing the XFL season shows that Birmingham is to be taken seriously, he added. “We’re now in an ‘arena’ where we can host this level of event, where it’s a lot more complex,” Williams said. “We have a lot more people coming in for an entire season than anything that we’ve ever done before in the city of Birmingham.”

"Birmingham is one of America's most dynamic and welcoming cities with world-class facilities highlighted by the state-of-the-art Protective Stadium, now home to the XFL," said Edward Hartman, XFL Executive Vice President, Business Operations. "Located downtown, it's within walking distance to the hotels where players will reside and many other amenities. We can't wait to make football magic in The Magic City on April 2, when the hometown Steel take on the Guardians to kick off the 2021 XFL season."

Memphis added as Second Hub City

February 15, 2021

Memphis, TN - XFL and Memphis city leaders announced that the XFL have come home to the Bluff City. Officials reached an agreement for the Western conference to play the XFL 2021 season at historic Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium. "The XFL is appreciative of the tremendous support and commitment from the City of Memphis, Mayor Jim Strickland, Frederick Smith and countless other community leaders for bringing professional football back to the Bluff City," said XFL commissioner Bill Polian. "I could not be happier to bring the XFL to Memphis and to get back to normal," said Mayor Jim Strickland. "I have so many fond memories of going to USFL games. The atmosphere was amazing, the spring weather was beautiful, there was quality football and it was an overall great experience. I know the XFL is no different, and I cannot wait to go to the first game on April 2."

"The XFL is committed to building a strong partnership with Memphis community leaders, and we can't thank Fred Smith enough for his personal support and vision to make today's historic announcement possible," said Polian. "Thanks to this legendary entrepreneur who is a prominent fixture in this community, he helped get the XFL to where it is today and we are here to stay."

Oakland Panthers Sign Quarterback Brett Hundley

February 21, 2021

Oakland, CA - The XFL announced that quarterback Brett Hundley has signed with the Oakland Panthers. Hundley, 28, joins the XFL after most recently appearing on the Baltimore Ravens practice squad. He was selected by the Green Bay Packers in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft. During the 2017 season, Hundley made nine starts with the Packers. He has thrown for 1,902 career yards and nine touchdowns in 17 career games with the Packers and Arizona Cardinals. He has also spent time with the Seattle Seahawks and Indianapolis Colts.

XFL Announces Playoffs, Championship Game in Canton, Ohio

February 26, 2021

Canton, OH - The birthplace of professional football will host the XFL's 2021 playoffs and championship game this summer, the league announced. The games will be held at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, a 20,000-seat professional-grade facility adjacent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which also hosts the annual Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony and the NFL Hall of Fame Game. The change of venue was necessitated because the opening ceremonies of the World Games has long been slated to begin in late June at Protective Stadium. The four-day gap after the scheduled date of the XFL’s championship did not allow for preparation, including setup and rehearsals. "We're excited to play our first playoffs and championship game at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium," said Edward Hartman, XFL Executive Vice President, Business Operations. "It's a beautiful stadium with all the facilities necessary to host football at the highest level, and we look forward to crowning our first champion in the shadow of the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

"We are honored that the state-of-the-art Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium was selected as the destination for the XFL's 2021 playoff," said Mike Levy, President of Operations for HOFV. "Our facility and campus will provide the perfect setting and backdrop for the XFL's playoffs and championships, offering fans and guests visiting our destination multiple opportunities to be engaged at the birthplace of professional football."

XFL Announces that 15 States have Approved Legal Betting on XFL games

March 3, 2021

New York, NY - The XFL issued a press release to say that 15 states have already confirmed that they will have legal, regulated betting on XFL games. “The XFL will be an innovator in how fans watch and root for the teams they love, and we believe that the availability of legal sports wagering is another way fans can deepen their engagement with our games,” said Edward Hartman, XFL Executive Vice President, Business Operations. “We look forward to our fans being able to bet responsibly on XFL games in every state where sports wagering is legal.”

Memphis Showboats Reveal New Look

March 5, 2021

Memphis, TN - Ahead of the XFL season kicking off on April 2, the Memphis Showboats revealed their brand-new look. The Memphis Showboats, unveiled their blue and yellow uniforms after previously playing as the Memphis Express.

XFL, CFL Discussing Potential Partnership

March 8, 2021

New York, NY - The XFL and Canadian Football League announced that the two leagues are working toward a potential partnership. The leagues said in a statement they will work together to "identify opportunities for the leagues to collaborate, innovate, and grow the game of football." No agreement has been reached regarding a potential merging of the leagues. The exact nature of a potential partnership has yet to be announced.

"We are honored and excited to be in discussions with the CFL. It's clear through our early conversations that we share a passion for football, an expansive sense of possibility, and a deep desire to create more opportunity for players and fans across North America and around the world," XFL president and CEO Jeffrey Pollack said in a statement. "Blending the CFL’s rich heritage with our fresh thinking, and the unique reach and experience of our ownership, could be transformative for the game. We look forward to learning more about what's possible together with the CFL and where our shared passion takes us."

The CFL in particular was hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic and might find a financial advantage to shared resources. The CFL canceled its 2020 season after failing to secure $30 million in aid from the Canadian government. It has announced a full 2021 schedule that would begin with preseason games in late May, but it is unclear how the ongoing pandemic will impact attendance at games, which accounts for the league's primary revenue stream.

XFL Announces Official NFT Marketplace that will pay Players & Coaches

March 10, 2021

New York, NY - To create a world-class experience for fans, players, and coaches, the XFL is partnering with FOX Entertainment's Blockchain Creative Labs (BCL) to launch an innovative NFT marketplace for digital collectibles, including minting and selling official digital tokens for the league, its teams, players, and coaches. Players and coaches will have the opportunity to work directly with BCL to create special tokens and that's not all. While specific details won't be finalized until players and coaches report to training camp later this month, a majority of sales revenue of these special NFTs will go directly to the players and coaches via digital wallets. Using smart contracts on the blockchain, XFL coaches and players will be the first from any professional sports league to receive revenue at exact time of sale.

"We're building a cutting-edge marketplace for digital collectibles that will create a world-class experience for XFL fans, players, and coaches," said Edward Hartman, XFL Executive Vice President of Business Operations. "We're proud to empower our players and coaches by offering them sales revenues for designated NFTs. Beyond the obvious financial benefit, XFL on-field talent will also be able to directly connect with fans like never before, allowing them to build and nurture long-term value for themselves that extends beyond the football field."

The Rock and RedBird Capital Purchase the Rage

March 13, 2021

Orlando, FL - Dwayne Johnson, alongside his ex-wife Dany Garcia, and RedBird Capital Partners LLC have purchased the Orlando Rage for $10M. Dwayne Johnson, a former WWE superstar for Vince McMahon was also a former professional football player in the Canadian Football League for the Calgary Stampeders. RedBird Capital Partners LLC is a private investment firm focused on building high-growth companies with flexible, long term capital possibilities. Under the new ownership, the Orlando Rage will now be known as the Orlando Apollos.

Johnson at a press conference in Orlando, “I have a huge passion for the game of football, and have been interested in this league since I first heard about the idea from Vince. I can't believe me, Dany, and RedBird, now are owners of a professional football team with Steve Spurrier and Tim Tebow evolved. All glory to God.”
Last edited by BengalErnst on Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:24 am, edited 16 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:00 pm

XFL 2021 Roster Update

March 14, 2021

2020 Recap -

2021 Dallas Renegades - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Landry Jones, Keith Wenning and Trevor Knight, RBs Joseph Randle, Lavon Coleman, Luke Sellers and Lance Dunbar, WRs Shaquelle Evans, Marquise Lawson, Steven Dunbar, Spencer Tears, Kendrick Rogers, Terrance Williams and Brice Butler, TEs David Grinnage, Jace Amaro and Thomas Duarte, OL Luke Joeckel, Travis Swanson, Joey Hunt, Lamar Holmes, Johnnie Troutman, Jordan Murray, Jonathan Cooper and Roderick Johnson, DL Olubunmi Rotimi, Jackson Jeffcoat, Julian Taylor, Beau Allen, Ja'Gared Davis, Phil Taylor, Trevardo Williams and Dontavius Russell, LBs Samuel Eguavoen, Martrell Spaight, Marquis Flowers, Kentrell Brothers, Telvin Smith and Jacquian Williams, DBs Jamar Wall, Monshadrik Hunter, Delvin Breaux, Troy Stoudermire, Shaun Prater, Derrick Kindred and Kalan Reed, P Richie Leone and K Garrett Hartley

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Los Angeles Breakers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Lindley and Sean Renfree, RBs Kapri Bibbs, Antonio Andrews, Devante Mays and Jordan Salima, WRs Taywan Taylor, Drew Morgan, DuShon David, Marquis Bundy, Martavis Bryant and Marquis Lee, TEs David Morgan, Hakeem Valles and Dequan Hampton, OL Seantrel Henderson, DL Da'Quan Bowers, Eddie Vanderdoes, Kendall Reyes, Brandon Deaderick, Cory Crawford, Sione Fua and Kevin Dodd, LBs Sio Moore, Josh Carraway and Su'a Cravens, DBs TJ McDonald, Bene Benwikere, Anthony Orange, Brock Vereen, Mykkele Thompson, Marqueston Huff and Leon McQuay, P and K Lirim Hajrullahu

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Omaha Mammoths - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs John Wolford, Taylor Cornelius and Quinton Flowers, RBs Jacques Patrick, Charcandrick West, De'Veon Smith and Brandon Wilds, WRs Antonio Callaway, Olabisi Johnson, Dan Williams, Jake Lampman, Tanner McEvoy and Jalen Tolliver, TEs DeAndre Goolsby, Pharoah McKever and Nick Truesdell, OL SirVincent Rogers, Jerald Foster, Martez Ivey, Christian Westerman, Russell Bodine, Marquis Lucas, Jordan McCray, Na'Ty Rodgers, Andrew Tiller, Isaiah Williams and John Yarbrough, DL Brandin Bryant, Shane Bowman, Deiontrez Mount, Jason Neill, Bobby Richardson, Anthony Zettel, Ryan Glasgow and Nikita Whitlock, LBs Kyle Emanuel, Thurston Armbrister, Jack Cichy, Emmanuel Beal, Terrance Plummer and Lucas Wacha, DBs Rannell Hall, Trey Caldwell, Marcelis Branch, Demontre Hurst, Tarvarus McFadden, Anthoula Kelly, Robert Priester, Herb Waters and Robenson Therezie, P Jake Schum and K Andrew Franks

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 San Antonio Commanders - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Robert Griffin III, Logan Woodside and Dustin Vaughan, RBs Jeremy Hill, Montee Ball, David Cobb and Aaron Green, WRs Josh Doctson, Demarcus Ayers, John Diarse, Alonzo Moore, Daniel Braverman, Darius Prince and Greg Ward, TEs Tim Tebow, Dimitrios Tsesmetzis, Cameron Clear and Rico Gathers, OL Brian Folkerts, Dillon DeBoer, Spencer Drango, Martinas Rankin, Mason Gentry, Jaryd Jones-Smith and Fred Lauina, DL Montori Hughes, Corey Vereen, Ashaad Mabry, Daeshon Hall, Deion Barnes, Matthew Godwin and Arthur Miley, LBs Jayrone Elliott, Tyrone Holmes, Joel Lanning, Austin Larkin, Nick Temple, Darnell Leslie and Shaan Washington, DBs Darryl Morris, De'Vante Bausby, Kurtis Drummond, Zach Sanchez, Jordan Holland, Derron Smith, Duke Thomas and Orion Stewart, P Joseph Zema and K Nick Rose

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Chicago Enforcers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs DeShone Kizer, Danny Etling, De'Andre Johnson and Kyle Lauletta, RBs Jeremy Langford, Denard Robinson, Darius Victor and Marcus Murphy, WRs Davaris Daniels, KaVontae Turpin, Gerrard Sheppard, Anthony Amos, Cameron Echols-Luper, Amara Darboh and Jehu Chesson, TEs Dion Sims, Woody Brandom and Dylan Stapleton, OL Brian Schwenke, Rees Odhiambo, Sam Jones, Tyrone Wheatley Jr, Khaled Holmes, Isiah Cage and Gabe Carimi, DL Jhaustin Thomas, Freddie Bishop, Woody Baron, Corey Wootton, LBs Tyrice Beverette, Antwione Williams, Cameron Smith, DBs Tre Roberson, Maurice Fleming, Taurean Nixon, Shalom Luani and Iman Marshall, P and K

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Memphis Showboats - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Trey Lance, Stan Bedwell and Zach Mettenberger, RBs Lorenzo Taliaferro, LaDarius Galloway, De'Lance Turner and Justin Stockton, WRs Rueben Randle, Justin Hunter, Deion Holliman, Denarius Moore, Devin Lucien, Jared Abbrederis and Carlos Henderson, TEs Dan Allen, Devin Funchess and Michael Roberts, OL Shon Coleman, Trevon Tate, Dallas Thomas, Evan Boehm, Jason Fox, DL Daylon Mack, Drake Nevis, Lavar Edwards, Sam Montgomery, Tourek Williams, Marvin Austin and Julius Warmsley, LBs Micah Awe, Brandon Marshall, Wynton McManis, Nico Johnson, DBs Nick Marshall, Anthony Cioffi, Rashaan Gaulden, Justin Gilbert and Aaron Colvin, K Nick Folk and P

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Salt Lake City Mountain Lions - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Luke Falk, Josh Woodrum and Austin Allen, RBs Robert Turbin, Branden Oliver, Terron Ward and Joel Bouagnon, WRs Kaelin Clay, Kenny Bell, Sam Mobley, Jordan Leslie, De'Mornay Pierson-El and Brian Tyms, TEs Troy Fumagalli, Austin Traylor and Anthony Denham, OL Jake Bennett, Nick Callender, Ryan Cummings, Austin Davis, Tim Gardner, Leon Johnson, Tuni Kanuch, Jeremiah Poutasi and Salesi Uhatafe, DL Darius Hamilton, Chris Odom, Tenny Palepoi, Bronson Kaufusi, Karter Schult, Sealver Siliga and Handsome Tanielu, LBs Josh Banderas, Luke Carrezola, Greer Martini, Bryce Hager, Kamalei Correa and John Timu, DBs Ciante Evans, Will Davis, Micah Hannemann, Jeremiah Johnson, CJ Smith, Jordan Sterns, Steve Williams and LeShaun Sims, P and K Taylor Bertolet

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Oklahoma City Stampede - HC Bob Stoops, OC, DC, GM, QBs Bryce Petty, Brogan Roback and Eric Dungey, RBs Cameron Artis-Payne, Kenny Hilliard, Austin Walter and Dimitri Flowers, WRs Geremy Davis, Freddie Martino, Jeff Badet, Armanti Edwards, Jazz Ferguson, Jerrod Heard, Flynn Nagel and Kermit Whitfield, TEs Donald Parham, Romello Brooker and Julian Allen, OL Chance Warmack, Josh Allen, Alex Balducci, Willie Beavers, Darius James, John Keenoy, Patrick Lawrence, Pace Murphy, Maurquice Shakir and Justin Evans, DL Frank Alexander, Omarius Bryant, Winston Craig, Tony Geurad, Tomasi Laulile, Gelen Robinson and Tyrell Thompson, LBs Jesse Aniebonam, Asantay Brown, Reshard Cliett, Ray Ray Davison, James Folston, Tobenna Okeke, Gerald Rivers, Tre Watson and Tegray Scales, DBs Ronald Martin, Micah Abernathy, Tenny Adewusi, Donatello Brown, Treston Decoud, Marwin Evans, Josh Hawkins, Ro Farris, Dashaun Phillips and D'Montre Wade, P Drew Galitz and K Austin MacGinnis

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Houston Roughnecks - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Brock Osweiler, Jake Rudock and Cole McDonald, RBs Alfred Blue, Romar Morris, Charles Sims and Tommy Bohanon, WRs Jaelen Strong, Cody Core, Ryan Switzer, Christian Gibbs, Tavonn Salter, Davion Davis, Cedric Byrd, Blake Jackson and Nate Holley, TEs Rob Housler, Nick O'Leary and Crockett Gilmore, OL Tyrell Crosby, Dru Samia, Sam Tevi, Ryker Mathews and Cody Wichmann, DL Jake Ceresna, Trenton Thompson, Geneo Grissom, Julian Howsare, Ego Ferguson, Chad Thomas and Ra'Shede Hageman, LBs Danny Mason, Avery Williams, Ben Gideon, Kennan Gilchrist, Randell Johnson and Duke Ejiofor, DBs Qudarius Ford, Andre Hal, William Likely, Tray Walker, Eric Pinkins and Dexter McDonald, P Jeff Locke and K Nathan Hierlihy

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Seattle Dragons - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Garrett Grayson, Keith Price and Tom Savage, RBs LaMichael James, Mike Gillislee, Byron Marshall, Kenneth Farrow and Thomas Rawls, WRs Josh Gordon, TJ Graham, Marquess Wilson, Damor'ea Stringfellow, Richard Mullaney, Michael Bandy, Brandon Arconado and Kwadarrius Smith, TEs Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Bear Pascoe and Colin Jeter, OL Jake Fisher, Isaac Asiata, Pierce Burton, Kirk Barron, Venzell Boulware, Jacob Ohnesorge and Brant Weiss, DL Marcell Frazier, Trevon Young, Hayes Pullard, Larry Webster, PJ Hall, Deon Simon and Will Sutton, LBs Steven Johnson, Adam Bighill, Justin Tuggle, Casey Matthews, Bear Woods and Kyle Queiro, DBs Winston Rose, Kamari Cotton-Moya, Erick Dargan, Brandon Ghee, Simeon Thomas, RJ Stanford, Kenneth Acker and Demetri Goodson, P Ty Long and K

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 St. Louis Stallions - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Paxton Lynch, Montell Cozart, J'Mar Smith and Alex McGough, RBs Tre Mason, Daryl Richardson, Sola Olateju, Chris James and Leroy Wilson, WRs Michael Dereus, Melvin Vaughn, Kolby Listenbee, J'Mon Moore, Stacy Coley, Brian Quick and Chaz Barnes, TEs Gerald Christian, Jeff Heuerman and Niles Paul, OL Greg Robinson, Weston Richburg, Takoby Cofield, DL Darius Allen, Jonathan Newsome, Willie Yarbary, Zach Moore, David Parry, Michael Wakefield and Willie Henry, LBs Henoc Muamba, Kendell Beckwith, Quentin Poling, DBs Dominique Franks, Malik Gant, Joshua Holsey, Clayton Geathers, Walt Aikens, Michael Tyson and David Amerson

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 San Diego Fleet - HC, DC, OC, GM, QBs Josh Johnson, Jalan McClendon and Chad Kanoff, RBs DuJuan Harris, Elijah Hood, Winston Dimel and DeAnthony Thomas, WRs Devier Posey, Saeed Blacknall, Vincent Brown, Adonis Jennings, Tre McBride, Jordan Smallwood and Nelson Spruce, TEs Seth Devalve, Kaden Smith and Ryan O'Malley, De'Quan Hampton and Brandon Barnes, OL Andrew Lauderdale, Damian Prince, Toa Lobendahn, Joshua Garnett, Kahlil McKenzie, Anthony Morris, Lene Maiava, Storm Norton, Nico Siragusa, Patrick Vahe and Jaelin Robinson, DL Shawn Oakman, Devin Taylor, Latarius Brady, Roderick Henderson, Alex Jenkins, Boogie Roberts and Andrew Stelter, LBs Peter Kalambayi, Sione Teuhema, Quentin Gause, Taiwan Jones, Cedric Reed, Will Smith and Alex Funches, DBs Bryce Cheek, Jerome Couplin, Mar'Sean Diggs, Ahmad Dixon, Jaylen Dunlap, Harlan Miller, Arrion Springs, Mike Stevens, Bradley Sylve and Roman Tatum, P Colton Schmidt and K Giorgio Tavecchio

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Oakland Panthers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Brett Hundley, TJ Yates and EJ Manuel, RBs DeAndre Washington, Edwin Baker, Paul Terry and William Stanback, WRs Dorial Green-Beckham, Markeith Ambles, TJ Jones, Siaosi Mariner, Da'Ron Brown, Deontez Alexander and Tevon Wright, TEs MarQueis Gray, Randall Telfer and Marcus Baugh, OL Alex Lewis, Jamon Brown, Jake Rodgers, William Campbell and Taylor Tappin, DL Breeland Speaks, Darius Kilgo, Leterrius Walton, JR Tavai, Josh Banks, Ed Stinson and Ethan Westbrooks, LBs Emeke Egbule, Kyrie Wilson, DJ Alexander, Corey Nelson, Jatavis Brown, DBs Forrest Hightower, Alden Darby, Jumal Rolle, Javier Arenas, Dee Milliner, Stanley Jean-Baptiste and Antone Exum, P and K

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Orlando Apollos - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Garrett Gilbert, Austin Appleby and Kevin Anderson, RBs Mark Walton, Akeem Hunt, D'Ernest Johnson and Ryan Green, WRs AJ Jenkins, Donteea Dye, Donte Moncrief, Ishmael Hyman, Charles Johnson, Jalin Marshall, Dillon Mitchell and Marcus Green, TEs Scott Orndoff, Sean Price and Jordan Leggett, OL Quinterrius Eatmon, Aaron Evans, Tre Jackson, Marquis Lucas, Chris Martin, Ronald Patrick and Andrew Tiller, DL Avery Moss, Kellen Soulek, Josh Banks, Izaah Burks, Giorgio Newberry, Leon Orr and Jerel Worthy, LBs Victor Ochi, Christian French, Cory James, Jachai Polite, Earl Okine and Devante Downs, DBs EJ Gaines, Josh Evans, LaDarius Gunter, Will Hill, Deji Olatoye, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Keith Reaser, Natrell Jamerson and Marquez White, P Ben Turk and K Elliott Fry

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Birmingham Steel - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Trevor Lawrence, Tahj Boyd and Blake Sims, RBs Trent Richardson, Ty Isaac, Brandon Ross and Marshaun Coprich, WRs Kelvin Benjamin, Quan Bray, Robert Foster, Quinton Patton, ArDarius Stewart and Amba Etta-Tawo, TEs Braedon Bowman, Wes Saxton and Colin Thompson, OL Larson Graham, Ucambre Williams, Brandon Greene, JC Hassenauer, Dominick Jackson, Jylan Ware, Korren Kirven and Kitt O'Brien, DL Quinton Dial, Joshua Frazier, Lawrence Okoye, Rickey Hatley, Johnny Maxey, Casey Sayles and Jeremy Faulk, LBs Stephone Anthony, Aaron Adeoye, Ramik Wilson, Xzavier Dickson, Shaheed Salmon and Tim Williams, DBs Gareon Conley, Cordrea Tankersley, Max Redfield, Chris Davis, JaCorey Shepherd, Trovon Reed and Jack Tocho, P Colton Schmidt and K Nick Novak

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 New York Guardians - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Josh Freeman, Matt McGloin and Luis Perez, RBs James Starks, Orleans Darkwa, Paul Perkins and Tim Cook, WRs Brandon Burks, DeAngelo Yancey, Austin Duke, Tanner Gentry, Joe Horn Jr., MeKale McKay, Colby Pearson and Teo Redding, TEs EJ Bibbs, Jake Powell and Keenan Brown, OL Zac Kerin, Garrett Brumfield, Anthony Coyle, Jarron Jones, Ian Silberman, Maea Teuhema and Avery Young, DL Rykeem Yates, TJ Barnes, Toby Johnson, Joey Mbu, Jarrell Owens, Rodney Gunter, Ryan Mueller, Cavon Walker and Charles Wright, LBs Nick DeLuca, Shilique Calhoun, Frank Ginda, Cassh Maluia, D'Juan Hines, Jawuan Johnson and Darnell Leslie, DBs AJ Hendy, Demetrious Cox, Dravon Askew-Henry, Jeremiah McKinnon, DeJuan Neal, Andrew Soroh, Wesley Sutton and Jamar Summers, P Justin Vogel and K Sam Sloman

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Columbus Ghosts - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Case Cookus, Alek Torgerson and Marquise Williams, RBs Dan Herron, Bernard Pierce, Matt Colburn and Spencer Ware, WRs Evan Spencer, Duron Carter, Braxton Miller, Devin Gray, Jordan Suell, Jamire Jordan and Carlos Baker, TEs Raymond Epps, James Hanna and AJ Derby, OL Andrew Donnal, Cameron Jefferson, Reid Fragel, DL Kwaku Boateng, Cortez Broughton, Brian Mihalik, Davon Coleman and Michael Bennett, LBs Jovan Santos-Knox, Sean Porter and Cameron Smith, DBs Calvin Pryor, Josh Bush, Cooper Taylor, Jayron Hosley, Quinten Rollins and Deiondre' Hall, P Ryan Winslow and K

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Washington Valor - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Cardale Jones, Tyree Jackson and CJ Collins, RBs Javorius Allen, Khalid Abdullah, Nick Brossette and Donnel Pumphrey, WRs Rashad Ross, Paul Richardson, Simmie Cobbs, Malachi Dupre, Tyler Palka, Eli Rogers, Jalen Rowell and DeAndre Thompkins, TEs Donnie Ernsberger, Bucky Hodges and Khari Lee, OL Jon Toth, Chris Brown, Derwin Gray, Malcolm Bunche, Rishard Cook, Randall Harris, De'Ondre Wesley, Terronne Prescod and Logan Tulley-Tillman, DL Kalani Vakameilalo, Kenny Bigelow, Jay Bromley, Elijah Qualls, Tavaris Barnes, Daryle Banfield and Siupeli Anau, LBs Scooby Wright, Jonathan Celestin, KeShun Freeman, Anthony Johnson, D'Andre Walker, AJ Tarpley and Jameer Thuman, DBs Reggie Cole, Elijah Campbell, Deion Harris, Josh Jenkins, Tyree Kinnel, Desmond Lawrence, Carlos Merritt, Shamarko Thomas and Josh Thornton, P Hunter Niswander and K Tyler Rausa

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Tampa Bay Bandits - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Brad Kaaya, Deondre Francois, Brandon Silvers and BJ Daniels, RBs Karlos Williams, Dontae Strickland, Trey Williams and Ja'Quan Gardner, WRs Rashad Greene, Charone Peake, Dontez Byrd, KD Cannon, Reuben Mwehla, Austin Proehl, Keenan Reynolds, John Santiago and Kasen Williams, TEs Evan Rodriguez, Orson Charles and Connor Hamlett, OL Matthias Goossen, Sukh Chungh, Isaiah Battle, Dillon Day, Michael Dunn, Brandon Haskin, Christian Morris, Robert Myers and Cyril Richardson, DL Martin Ifedi, Stansly Maponga, Praise Martin-Oguike, Jacquies Smith, Pasoni Tasini, Jordan Thompson and Anthony Moten, LBs Davis Tull, Brandon Bell, Tyrone Holmes, Damon Lloyd, Jonathan Woodard, Durrant Miles and Korey Toomer, DBs Anthony Cioffi, Mohammed Seisay, Jeremy Clark, Godwin Igwebuike, Derrick Jones, Marko Myers, Levonta Taylor, Jermaine Ponder and Santos Ramirez, P Brock Miller and K Ernesto Lacayo

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Philadelphia Brawlers - HC, OC Junes Jones, DC, GM, QBs Phillip Walker, Connor Cook and Marcus McDade, RBs James Butler, DeAngelo Henderson, Andre Williams and Marquez Williams, WRs Sammie Coates, Erick Brundidge, Charlie Jones, Taivon Jacobs, Ryheem Malone, Kahlil Lewis, Jalen Saunders and Cam Phillips, TE Caleb Wilson, OL Juwann Bushell-Beatty, Isame Faciane, Tejan Koroma, Terry Poole, Demetrius Rhaney, Sebastian Tretola, Marquez Tucker and Kevin Palmer, DL Corey Crawford, Kony Ealy, Nick James, Caushaud Lyons, Johnny Maxey, Vantrel McMillan, Walter Palmore and Gabe Wright, LBs Carl Bradford, Kaelin Burnett, DeMarquis Gates, Leon Jacobs, LaTroy Lewis, Brian Peters and Edmond Robinson, DBs Jonathan Rose, Trae Elston, Corrian Ballard, Cody Brown, Marqueston Huff, Charles James, Deatrick Nichols, Deji Olatoye and Saivion Smith, P Austin Rehkow and K Sergio Castillo

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 London Crusaders - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Jordan Ta'amu, Taylor Heinicke and Nick Fitzgerald, RBs Keith Ford, Matt Jones, Christine Michael and Lenard Tillery, WRs Malik Henry, Carlton Agudosi, Moritz Boehringer, Keith Mumphery, Kamar Jorden, Bralon Addison, Alonzo Russell and L'Damien Washington, TEs Cole Hunt and Marcus Lucas, OL Menelik Watson, Jake Campos, Kevin Bowen, Sean Hickey, Dejon Allen, Gerhard de Beer, Matt McCants, Andrew McDonald, Kent Perkins, Bruno Reagan, Brian Wallace and Brian Fineanganofo, DL Khyri Thornton, Andrew Ankrah, Will Clarke, Dewayne Hendrix, DaVonte Lambert, Gimel President, Casey Sayles, Channing Ward and JoJo Wicker, LBs Terence Garvin, Ro'Derrick Hoskins, Chris Covington, Shaq Jones, Dexter McCoil and Anthony Stubbs, DBs Ryan White, Darius Hillary, Harold Jones-Quartey, Robert Nelson, Joe Powell, David Rivers and Marquez White, P Marquette King and K Taylor Russolino

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Berlin Bolts - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Cody Kessler, Philip Nelson and Mike Bercovici, RB Rashad Jennings, Darius Jackson, Bishop Sankey and Terrell Watson, WRs Shelton Gibson, Josh Huff, Isaiah Burse, Dontez Ford, Shay Fields, Isaiah Burse, Laquvionte Gonzalez and Francis Owusu, TEs Clive Walford, Ladarius Green and Gavin Escobar, OL John Montelus, Daniel Brunskill, Brett Boyko, Phillip Norman, Jeremiah Kolone, Erick Browne, Damien Mama and Beau Nunn, DL Alex Barrett, Damontre Moore, Myles Nash, Tani Tupou, Alex Tchangam and Aaron Jackson, LBs Obum Gwacham, Cameron Judge, Travis Feeney, Zaviar Gooden, John Lotulelei and Eric Pinkins, DBs Jude Adjei-Barimah, Ron Brooks, Xavier Coleman, Greg Ducre, Kendall James, Kameron Kelly, Dominique Martin, Damarius Travis and Demetrius Wright, P Sam Irwin-Hill and K Donny Hageman

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Pittsburgh Maulers - HC Byron Leftwich, OC, DC, GM, QBs Brian Lewerke, Connor Kaegi and Ryan Willis, RBs Daniel Lasco, Roy Helu, Tra Minter and Khalfani Muhammad, WRs Markus Wheaton, Cobi Hamilton, Ben Putman, Delvon Hardaway, Reece Horn, Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi, DeAndre McNeal and Jeff Janis, TEs Delfonte Diamond, Arthur Lynch and Matt Seybert, OL TJ Johnson, TJ Clemmings, Cole Boozer, Tanner Hawkinson, Dariusz Bladek, Jon Asamoah, Eric Lofton, Corey Robinson and Adam Bisnowaty, DL Bennie Logan, Adolphus Washington, Ejuan Price and Stefen Banks, LBs Larry Dean, Blair Brown, Simoni Lawrence, Khairi Fortt, Prince Shembo and Michael Mauti, DBs Marcus Sayles, Loucheiz Purifoy, Prince Charles Iworah, Jonathon Mincy, Earl Wolff and Nat Berhe, P and K Austin Jones

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Baltimore Brigade - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Clayton Thorson, Jerod Evans and Aaron Murray, RBs Eddie Lacy, Jhurell Pressley, Elliot Taylor and Jordan Todman, WRs Leonard Hankerson, Anthony Ratliff-Williams, DeAndre Smelter, Riley Cooper, Tavarres King, Michael Campanaro, Joshua Simmons and Tyler Palka, TEs Ben Koyack, Jordan Cameron and James Casey, OL Vinston Painter, Luke Bowanko, Derek Sherrod, DL Nick Usher, Adrian Tracy, Charles Tapper, Joey Ivie, Dominique Easley and Jerrell Powe, LBs Jelani Jenkins, Beniquez Brown, Jake Ryan, Dadi Nicolas and Reggie Northrup, DBs Cariel Brooks, Martese Jackson, Branden Dozier, Ras-I Dowling, DaShaun Amos, Josh Evans and Sherrod Baltimore, P and K Justin Medlock

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Atlanta Alphas - HC Mark Richt, OC, DC Kevin Coyle, GM, QBs Matt Simms, JT Barrett and Justin Holman, RBs Isaiah Crowell, Tarean Folston, Bronson Hill and Akrum Wadley, WRs Montay Crockett, Bug Howard, Malachi Jones, James Wright, Justin Hardy, Ervin Philips and James Quick, TEs Keith Towbridge, Jake Sutherland and Gabe Holmes, OL John Kling, Tayo Fabuluje, Toby Weathersby, Tony Adams, Christian DiLauro, Ulrick John, Freddie Burden, Chase Farris, Avery Gennesy, Jared Machorro, Isaiah Williams and Trae Moxley, DL Tavaris Barnes, TJ Barnes, David Dean, JT Jones, Chris Okoye, Josh Avery and Tracy Sprinkle, LBs Patrick Levels, Khalil Bass, Dylan Donahue, Amarlo Herrera, Connor Strachan and Ukeme Eligwe, DBs Tyson Graham, Quincy Mauger, Dezmen Southward, Donatello Brown, Doran Grant, Dwayne Hollis, Brendan Langley, Ken Webster and Damian Swann, P Cameron Nizialek and K Younghoe Koo

2021 Preview -

2020 Recap -

2021 Cologne Defenders - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Ryan Mallett, Keller Chryst and David Fales, RBs Ka'Deem Carey, Elijah McGuire, Blake Morgan and Kenneth Dixon, WRs Chad Hansen, Josh Malone, Lucky Jackson, Kaelin Clay, Neal Sterling, Jawill Davis and Ka'Ronce Higgins, TEs Jerell Adams, Chris Clark and Jevoni Robinson, OL Travis Bond, Ty Allen, Daronte Bouldin, Jermarcus Hardrick, Spencer Long, Jon Halapio, John Urschel, Patrick Lewis and Hugh Thornton, DL Dylan Wynn, Jason Worilds, Cam Johnson, Vincent Valentine, Craig Roh and Avery Ellis, LBs Don Unamba, Tobi Antigha, Khaseem Greene, Aaron Wallace, Shane Ray and Steve Beauharnais, DBs Ed Gainey, Alfonzo Dennard, Colton Jumper, Sterling Moore, Chris Cook and Kieron Williams, LS Brian Khoury, P Drew Kaser and K Matt McCrane

2021 Preview -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:31 am, edited 86 times in total.
BengalErnst

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football Dynasty Reports