XFL 2001

Re: XFL 2001

Postby BengalErnst » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:49 pm

Year Eight Financial Report Released

July 1, 2008

New York, NY - The attendance numbers went down slightly to an average of 28.4k per game, likely due to the United Football League. The salary cap is set to rise to $4.5M and each franchise will now be allowed to have two designated franchise players that will not be counted against the salary cap.

The report states that the league is 16.6% owned by Alpha Entertainment LLC(McMahon), 16.6% Legendary Field Exhibitions LLC(Ebersol), 16.6% 2929 Sports & Entertainment LLC(Cuban), 3.1% Dallas Football LLC(Desperados), 3.1% Kroenke Sports & Entertainment LLC(Stars), 3.1% Trifecta Sports Entertainment LLC(Guardians), 3.1% Speros Ventures LLC(Steel), 3.1% Benson Sports LLC(Commanders), 3.1% Maloof Sports LLC(Aztecs), 3.1% FedEx Express Sports LLC(Express), 3.1% Williams Corporation Sports LLC(Rage), 3.1% Wirtz Sports Corporation LLC(Enforcers), 3.1% Foundation Ohio Sports LLC(Renacci), 3.1% Monumental Sports & Entertainment LLC(Valor), 3.1% Sunburst Sports & Entertainment LLC (Bandits), 3.1% TD Omaha Sports & Entertainment LLC(Mammoths), 3.1% United Mountain Lions Sports LLC(Mountain Lions), 3.1% Professional OKC Sports Club LLC(Roughnecks) and 3.1% Gleiberman Sports & Entertainment LLC(Force).

Expenditures totaled $166.9M for the 2008 season. Costs consisted of $66M from player contracts, $12.9M for Player Bonuses, $48M in front office/coaching contracts, $3M on league staff contracts, $16M in stadium leases, $16M in traveling expenses, and $4M on insurance.

The league did receive $30M from TV contracts, $5.5M from each of the sixteen franchise owners, $84.5M in ticket sales, $2.5M in loan repayment from Gleiberman Sports & Entertainment LLC, $16M in merchandise and $6M in sponsorships totaling $227M.

The league ended the 2008 season $60M in surplus. The league will continue to operate under a hybrid franchise model, as each franchise is individually ran and operated, but all profits and costs are still league orientated.

XFL To Provide Employees Tuition-Free College Degree Program

July 5, 2008

New York, NY - The XFL is partnering with Strategic Education, Inc., a leader in online education, to offer its players and league staff a tuition-free, debt-free college degree program. XFL players and staff can enroll at Strategic Education’s Strayer University and Capella University, both institutionally accredited universities that support busy working adults in achieving their academic goals.

“We are delighted to partner with Strategic Education, a market leader in online education in the United States,” said Mark Cuban, XFL owner. “Athletic dreams often compete with educational goals, so we are hoping to reduce the burden by supporting USFL players and staff in their effort to achieve college degrees by proudly offering this free benefit.” “We are thrilled to partner with the XFL to provide their players and staff with engaging and flexible degree programs,” said Robert Silberman, executive chairman of Strategic Education. “Strategic Education’s institutions have been educating adult learners for 130 years, and this innovative education benefit demonstrates the XFL’s strong leadership and care for their players.”

XFL Announces Game Enhancements For 2009 Season

July 8, 2008

New York, NY - In an effort to make XFL games innovative, modern and accessible to the fans, the XFL's Competition Committee announced game enhancements and rule modifications for the league's 2009 season. "The XFL's Competition Committee looked at the current rules that govern most professional football leagues and determined ways to enhance the overall experience for both the players and the fans," said XFL co-Founder Vince McMahon. "Our mission is to provide greater access to traditionally off-limit locations, including the locker room and behind the bench, to better engage the fans and bring them closer to the action."

The rule enhancements that have been approved for the 2009 season include:
- The deletion of the "Tuck" rule which makes a loose ball a fumble if the passer loses possession of the ball as he is putting it away after completion of the forward pass motion.
- A fumble into and out of the end zone returns the ball to the spot of the fumble when not recovered in the end zone - making it consistent with other fumble rules.
- The Quarterback can legally ground the football if inside or outside the pocket area while under duress.
- Approved television cameras will be allowed in the locker rooms for the first four minutes of halftime.
- Head Coaches will be wired for sound for television broadcasts. Cameras and microphones in the bench area will be allowed during the game to capture real-time emotional moments.
- TV audience will hear coach to quarterback communications on tape-delayed basis

XFL Hires Former NFL Executive Rick Mueller To Lead League's Football Operations

July 11, 2008

New York, NY - The XFL has hired former NFL executive Rick Mueller as President of Football Operations & General Manager of the expansion Hartford Colonials. "Having built football teams for most of my career, I am well aware of the pool of talent out there that is often overlooked and could thrive in a league like the XFL," said Mueller. I am excited to reconnect with Commissioner Huyghue, with whom I worked in Jacksonville and I look forward to collaborating with the league's highly qualified coaches and staff."

"Rick Mueller brings a wealth of experience and knowledge from his more than 14 years in the NFL," said Commissioner Michael Huyghue. "Rick has played a significant role in building winning sports franchises from the scouting of players to draft day decisions to contract negotiations. The XFL is very fortunate to have him leading the league's football operations and working with the individual teams as we move closer to our 2009 season."

XFL Players Sign With NFL Teams

July 15, 2008

New York, NY - The XFL announced that several of its players have signed with NFL teams. The XFL concluded its season this past month and since then, four current players have been signed to NFL teams' active rosters. Standout Birmingham Steel WR Larry Brackins has signed with the NFL's New York Jets. "I'm happy to get him another shot at the NFL," said Steel head coach Marty Schottenheimer. "We feel he's come a long way in the past two years as a professional and we wish the best for him." Salt Lake City Mountain Lions OL Phil Bogle signed with the San Diego Chargers.

All-XFL Los Angeles Stars DB Marquis Floyd signed with the Seattle Seahawks. "Marquis deserves the opportunity to showcase his talents on the big field," said Stars head coach Rick Neuheisel. "He's a big, athletic defensive back who can help Seattle's secondary and he can also play special teams." Omaha Mammoths' DL Maurice Fountain, a member of the 2008 XFL All-Rookie Team, has signed with the Miami Dolphins. Fountain tallied 33.5 tackles in 2008 and was second on the team in sacks with eight with two pass deflections and a forced fumble. "Maurice had a tremendous season for us in 2008 and was one of the main reasons why we made the playoffs for the third straight time in our franchise history," Omaha Mammoths head coach Frank Solich said. "We wish him the best in his endeavors with the Dolphins."

XFL Announces 2009 Season to Air on VERSUS

August 20, 2008

New York, NY - The XFL announced VERSUS, a national sports network in more than 75 million homes, will air three of the league's regular season games weekly beginning with the 2009 season. Versus will be joining NBC and FOX as a broadcast partner for the league. NBC currently broadcasts the primetime Thursday, Friday and Monday night games while FOX broadcasts the Saturday and Sunday night games along with the Sunday noon game. Versus will now have the rights to the Saturday noon and afternoon game along with the Sunday afternoon game.

"The XFL's business model is to align with companies who are willing to grow with us and embrace the XFL's vision of innovation, accessibility, excitement and entertainment," said Commissioner Michael Huyghue. "As a national sports network with more than 75 million viewers, we felt there was no better network to showcase the XFL. The XFL is very excited about many of the enhancements our television broadcast will have during the season. Airing our events on VERSUS along with NBC and Fox, will allow us the opportunity to provide our at-home audience with a true inside look on game day."

"We are excited to be a television home of the XFL," said Marc Fein, Executive Vice President of Programming, Production and Business Operations for VERSUS. "The XFL has put together a great management team and sound plan and we are looking forward to the opportunity to expose these games to a national audience each week that will allow for the growth of both of our companies."

Fans to Help Decide XFL Championship Game Site

September 15, 2008

New York, NY - The fans of the XFL will have a unique opportunity to influence the venue for the 2009 Million Dollar Game when the top two teams play for the championship in June. Several factors will determine the site for the 2009 XFL championship game, including each team's record and local support, a combination of attendance, fan club membership, social media interaction and atmosphere in the home stadium. The XFL will decide between five current cities which will host. The venue options for the championship game are: the Florida Citrus Bowl, Orlando, Rentschler Field, Hartford, Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas, Rosenblatt Stadium, Omaha and Alamodome, San Antonio(San Antonio Commanders).

"From day one we have attempted to be as fan friendly as possible and have sought to include the fans in major decisions," explained XFL Commissioner Michael Huyghue. "This year we want to extend the opportunity for five of the XFL markets to have a shot at hosting the game and will empower their fans to influence our decision. Our championship game will provide the host city with a financial boost during and it will give all of the football fans in the city the opportunity to witness the exciting season finale. Fans will have a say in where we host the biggest game of the year and that is exciting for us as a league."

Thurman Thomas Joins Roughnecks' Ownership Group

September 16, 2008

Oklahoma City, OK - Former Buffalo Bills running back and 2007 National Football League Hall of Fame Inductee, Thurman Thomas has joined current owner Clay Bennett's in the Oklahoma City Roughnecks' ownership group. "Over the past couple of months Thurman and I have become extremely good friends," stated Bennett, "It's a great thing for this team and the future of football in Oklahoma City. He is very excited about joining our organization. This is an amazing league. They have compiled the best football minds in the country and put them all into one league. It is going to be extremely competitive and a lot of fun for our fans and the City of Oklahoma City."

Conquerors and Colonials Complete Expansion Draft

September 20, 2008

Las Vegas, NV - Tight End Quinn Sypniewski became the first player in Hartford Colonials history when the team made him the first overall selection in the 2009 XFL Expansion Draft. The Colonials also selected QB Mike McMahon, RB Dahrran Diedrick, WR Craphonso Thorpe, OL Joe Toledo and Jasper Harvey, LBs Saleem Rasheed, Matt Sinclair and Jonny Baldwin and DBs Adam Archuleta, Bruce Thornton and Diamond Ferri. The Conquerors selected QBs Timmy Chang and Omar Jacobs, WRs PK Sam and Troy Walters, TE Jed Weaver, OL Rick DeMulling and Jeremy Parquet, DL Bill Swancutt, Peppi Zellner and Kevin Vickerson, LB Spencer Toone and DB Alan Zemaitis. This is the first of several player announcements for the Las Vegas and Hartford franchises that will be made over the next few months.

"In our inaugural season as a franchise, it has been very exciting going through the player allocation process and utilizing a blank canvas to create a winning franchise," said Hartford head coach Chris Palmer. "There are many talented players who are looking for another chance to shine and I am glad the XFL is providing that opportunity for both of us."

"The players who have signed with the Las Vegas franchise thus far are a top-notch line-up of former NFL veterans and skilled players who have the experience to produce on the field," said Las Vegas head coach Dennis Green. "I am anxious to complete my roster and begin training camp in January."

2008 Territorial Draft

October 20, 2008

New York, NY -
RB Kevin Jones, DB Mike Doss, LBs Dontarrious Thomas and Teddy Lehman, TE Ben Troupe, OL Arron Sears, DL Jerome McDougle
"We are taking an aggressive approach to putting a quality team on the field immediately," said Cleveland president and CEO BERNIE KOSAR. "Raymond, Silas and Brandon are exactly the type of players that we can build a foundation around as we continue to put together a championship-caliber team."

2008 Supplemental Draft

November 20, 2008

New York, NY - DL Dewayne Robertson, LB Boss Bailey, WR Reggie Williams, OL James Marten, Force, RB Tatum Bell, LB Rufus Alexander, LB Buster Davis, WR Koren Robinson, OL Kwame Harris, WR Dexter Jackson, RB Marcel Shipp, OL George Foster, OL Al Johnson, DL Erasmus James, LB Gilbert Gardner, DB Stuart Schweigert and LB Odell Thurman

"We went into free agency with the idea that we wanted to bring in some players with experience," Guy said about his first day signings. "We feel like we've done that. These players have all been battle-tested, and will provide a great nucleus for this team in 2009 and beyond."

"Wendall Gaines was one of our absolute top priorities in free agency, and we're thrilled to have him back in a Rattler uniform. We feel like he can do a lot of things for us, and he's one of the premier pass-rushers in this league," said Guy.

"Eric is one of the best in the league at his position," said Guy. "He is very dependable, and doesn't give up any push. He's a great leader, and he's as good a person as he is a player."

Hartford Colonials Uniforms Unveiled

November 22, 2008

Hartford, CT - The Hartford Colonials unveiled their new uniforms for the 2009 season. The Colonials uniforms, with the home (blue) and road (white) jerseys, were modeled by running back Troy Hambrick and WR Craphonso Thorpe. Hartford's colors are blue, white and gold. The helmet and pants are gold.

"I think the uniforms are very nice. It symbolizes a lot with the State Capitol on the helmet and the colors. There's blue, just like UConn," said Hambrick. "Being that we play at Rentschler Field, having blue in there is good. The color selection is great. I think these are jerseys that the fans would buy."

"I like them. I like them a lot. It reminds me a lot of Notre Dame," said Thorpe.

Hartford Colonials Host Select-A-Seat Open House Event At Rentschler Field

January 5, 2009

Hartford, CT - The Hartford Colonials are offering fans an exciting opportunity to meet players and choose the best available seats at Rentschler Field for the upcoming 2009 XFL season. Fans will have an opportunity to purchase season tickets and choose their seat. Current season ticket holders can view their seat location and have the option to move. Season ticket prices start at $175. Colonials jerseys and t-shirts will be available for purchase. Players and cheerleaders will be at the event to sign autographs and pose for pictures.

"We have already received a great response from our fans for the inaugural season, and we are hosting this Select-A-Seat event so that our fans can reserve the best available seats for this season," said Evan Mitz, Manager of New Business Development for the Colonials.

Conquerors Sign JP Losman

January 18, 2009

Las Vegas, NV - The XFL announced that the Las Vegas Conquerors have signed former NFL first-round draft pick Jonathan Paul "JP" Losman. "I have followed JP's career since his early days with Buffalo where he impressed me with his raw talent, passing accuracy and on-field competitiveness," said Conquerors head coach Dennis Green. "JP has all the attributes of a great professional quarterback and I am truly looking forward to working with him. I am anxious to start the season with JP at the helm and show what we can do on the field."

"The XFL is providing me with the opportunity to play the sport I love at a high level and for that, I am extremely grateful," said Losman. "There are many players just like me who possess the skills to compete at the highest levels and just need the playing time to showcase their talents. The XFL is filling that void and giving more players the opportunity to play. I am excited to get back out onto the field and represent Las Vegas."

Doug Flutie to Visit Hartford Training Camp

January 31, 2009

Hartford, CT - Former Buffalo Bills and CFL quarterback Doug Flutie will attend Hartford Colonials training camp at Sage Park in Berlin, CT to scout the team as part of his preparations for analyzing the upcoming 2009 XFL season as he prepares for his career as an XFL announcer on the VERSUS network. "You want to grab a ball and start slinging," Flutie admitted after his first visit to a XFL camp this summer. "You miss that competiveness. Being around these guys, I understand what they're going through in camp."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:56 am, edited 25 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:24 pm

XFL 2009 Roster Update

February 14, 2009

Our analysts have compiled their preseason Power Ranking and we will go in their predicted order to explore all 18 XFL franchises and see what we see as the strengths and deficiencies of each club, including recent roster departures, arrivals, draftees, and the coaching stability of each club. So, let’s get started with our look at how the XFL shapes up.

2008 Recap -

2009 Omaha Mammoths - HC Frank Solich, OC Terry Shea, DC Scott Frost, GM Steve Ortmayer, QBs Shane Boyd, Russ Michna and Brad Banks, RBs Cory Ross, Brian Calhoun, Marlon Lucky, Lamar Gordon and Ron Dayne, WRs Paul Williams, John Broussard, Ryne Robinson, CJ Jones and Herb Haygood, TE Ryan Krause, Adam Bergen and Mark Anelli, OL Bruce Nelson, Toniu Fonoti, Greg Eslinger, Chad Ward, Pete McMahon and Mo Collins, DL AJ Schable, Cullen Jenkins, Erasmus James, Langston Moore, Julian Jenkins, Matthias Askew and Jared Clauss, LBs Karon Riley, Patrick Chukwurah, Beau Bell, Alfred Fincher, Patrick Sapp and Caspor Stiles, DBs Daren Stone, Eric Crouch, Keyuo Craver, Dennis Weathersby, Daniel Bullocks, Jammal Lord and Jovon Johnson, P Derrick Frost and K Paul Edinger

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Salt Lake City Mountain Lions - HC Dennis Erickson, OC Steve Sarkisian, DC Greg McMackin, GM Kathrin Platz, QBs JT O'Sullivan, Casey Bramlet and Ingle Martin, RBs Larry Croom, Fred Russell, Ian Smart and Eric McCoo, WRs Freddie Mitchell, Samie Parker, Kendrick Sterling, Aaron Boone and Paris Warren, TEs Teyo Johnson, Doug Jolley and Michael Gaines, OL Ben Sobieski, Lui Fuata, Marko Cavka, Lance Nimmo, Rolando Cantu, David Loverne and Brad Lekkerkerker, DL Felipe Claybrooks, Lauvale Sape, Junior Ioane, Stanley McClover, Anthony Harris, Stalin Colinet and Jason Parker, LBs Sekou Sanyika, Colby Bockwoldt, Cody Spencer, Gilbert Gardner, LaMarcus McDonald and Mauguala Tuitele, DBs Ronnie Prude, Josh Lay, Brannon Condren, Antwain Spann, Rashad Washington, Marcus Maxey, Lenny Walls and Colin Branch, P Kyle Larson and K Bill Gramatica

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Oklahoma City Roughnecks - HC Dave Campo, OC Larry Kirksey, DC Joe Avezzano, GM , QBs Jared Zabransky, Andre Woodson and Brock Huard, RBs Ken Simonton, JD Runnels, Jamal Robertson and Dan Curley, WRs Dane Looker, Sean Morey, Travis Wilson, Adarius Bowman and Keenan Howry, TEs Trent Smith, Mikhael Ricks and Scott Kuhn, OL Lenny Vandermade, Tavares Washington, Greg Randall, Mike Houghton, Tyrone Hopson and Makoa Freitas, DL DeLawrence Grant, DeVone Claybrooks, Dwayne Missouri, Larry Tripplett, Dusty Dvoracek, Cleveland Pinkney and Terdell Sands, LBs Hakim Akbar, Otis Floyd, Khari Samuel, Lance Mitchell, Rufus Alexander, Teddy Lehman, Antico Dalton and Zeke Moreno, DBs Andre Woolfork, Derrick Strait, Gary Baxter, Deke Cooper, Dexter Reid, Rashad Bauman, Antonio Perkins and David Irons, P Taylor Mehlhaff and K Hayden Epstein

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Dallas Desperados - HC Jerry Glanville, OC Wes Chandler, DC Dan Quinn, GM Drew Pearson, QBs Rod Rutherford and Tim Rattay, RBs Rod Smart, Allen Patrick, Thomas Brown and Taurean Henderson, WRs MarTay Jenkins, Dialleo Burks, Chad Owens, Bobby Sippio and Marcus Monk, TEs Ryan Hannam, Jake Nordin and Bobby Blizzard, OL Bernard Holsey, Calvin Collins, Mike Pucillo, Anthony Alabi, Jacob Rogers, Trey Darilek, Jamain Stephens and Solomon Page, DL Anttaj Hawthorne, Marcus Tubbs, Rodrique Wright, Steve Fifita, Remi Ayodele, Ahmad Miller and Gary Gibson, LBs DeShone Myles, Marquis Smith, Solomon Bates, Buster Davis, Travian Smith and Darren Hambrick, DBs Roderick Babers, Willie Offord, Dwayne Harper, Anthony Cannon, Jerome Carter, Terrance Joseph, Arturo Freeman and Jimmy Williams, P Scott Player and K Taylor Rowan

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 San Antonio Commanders - HC Mike Riley, OC Paul Chryst, DC Bill Bradley, GM Louis Riddick, QBs Michael Bishop, Reggie McNeal and Chad Hutchinson, RBs Quentin Griffin, Brandon Miree, Chris Fuamatu-Mu'afala and Musa Smith, WRs Dexter Jackson, Rashaun Woods, Bethel Johnson, Johnnie Morant, Siaha Burley and Ahmad Merritt, TEs Johnny Huggins, Jason Rader and Charles Davis, OL Rome Douglas, Jeb Terry, Taylor Whitley, Jim Molinaro, Kelly Butler, Claude Terrell, Marcus Spriggs and Mathias Nkwenti, DL Demetric Evans, Bo Schobel, Chartric Darby, Jason Jefferson, Kindal Moorehead and Marquise Hill, LBs Corey Atkins, David Bergeron, Jason Sykes, Will Overstreet, Levar Fisher and Jerrell Freeman, DBs Lance Frazier, Terrence Kiel, Norman LeJeune, Brandon Everage, Joselio Hanson, Marviel Underwood, Nate Salley and Calvin Lowry, P Adam Graessle and K Parker Douglass

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Los Angeles Stars - HC Rick Neuheisel, OC Eric Bienemy, DC Bob Valesente, GM John Elway, QBs Andrew Walter, Ryan Dinwiddie and Shaun King, RBs Kevan Barlow, JJ Arrington, Casey Cramer and Marcus Thomas, WRs Tab Perry, Jeremaine Copeland, Reggie Williams, Chris Jackson, David Kircus and Kareem Kelly, TEs Tremayne Allen, Eric Johnson and TJ Cottrell, OL Donta Kendrick, Drew Hodgdon, Matt Stinchcomb, Scott Whittaker, Mathias Vavao, Fred Matua, Jeff Grau, Robby Felix and Zack Quaccia, DL Chris Cooper, Roderick Green, Babatunde Oshinowo, Damonte McKenzie, Baraka Atkins, Curtis Eason and Otis Grigsby, LBs Ryan Nece, Richard Seigler, Jamir Miller, Robert McCune, Kendyll Pope and Kris Griffin, DBs Chidi Iwuoma, Marques Anderson, Chris Roberson, Reynaldo Hill, Joey Thomas, Willie Amos, Jason Shivers and Jeff Shoate, P Ryan Plackemeier and K Clay Rush

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Chicago Enforcers - HC Mike Singletary, OC Peter Vaas, DC Robert Lyles, GM Steve Livingstone, QBs Joey Harrington, John Navarre and Bryson Spinner, RBs Ahmaad Galloway, Noah Herron, Chris Perry and Jarrett Payton, WRs David Givens, Jeff Webb, Marquis Walker, Ruvell Martin and Luther Leverson, TEs Tory Humphrey, Aaron Shea and Jabari Holloway, OL Tony Pashos, Jesse Boone, Dan Santucci, Derrick Turner, Alex Stepanovich, Branndon Braxton, Dan Stevenson and Tony Pape, DL Israel Idonije, Michael Haynes, Brian Johnston, Ryon Bingham, Eric Powell and Cyron Brown, LBs Courtney Watson, Joey LaRocque, Victor Hobson, Chike Egbuniwe, Boss Bailey and Sean Tufts, DBs JoJuan Armour, Brent Grimes, Justin Wyatt, Shane Walton, Marcus Hamilton, Tony Parrish and Guss Scott, P Andrew Bayes and K Shane Andrus

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Mexico City Aztecs - HC Jim Tomsula, OC Bart Andrus, DC Jeff Reinebold, GM Bob Ackles, QBs Quinn Gray, Cody Pickett and Travis Lulay, RBs Tatum Bell, Brock Forsey, Damien Nash and Stefan Logan, WRs Marcus Nash, Keron Henry, Airese Currie, Marques Hagans and Taco Wallace, TEs Mondriel Fulcher, Christian Hopkins and Tim Massaquoi, OL Frank Savis, Kili Lefotu, Dustin Fry, Dan Buenning, Marques Sullivan, Enoka Lucas, Julius Wilson and Terrance Pennington, DL Kareem Brown, Chase Page, Ross Kolodziej, Earl Cochran, Fred Bledsoe and Erik Flowers, LBs Joe Tuipala, Rian Wallace, Quinton Caver, Rob Fredrickson and Tim McGarigle, DBs Kelly Herndon, Reggie Austin, Rayshun Reed, Vernon Cox, Dexter Wynn, Bobby Gray and Wade Davis, P Brooks Barnard and K Jeff Chandler

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Las Vegas Conquerors - HC Dennis Green, OC Mike Kruczek, DC Ted Cottrell, GM Sid Pillai, QBs JP Losman, Brian Johnson, Timmy Chang and Omar Jacobs, RBs Terrence Whitehead, Cecil Sapp, DeDe Dorsey and Shannon Woods, WRs Koren Robinson, PK Sam, Troy Walters, DJ Hackett and Aundrae Allison, TEs Jed Weaver, John Madsen and Nate Lawrie, OL Adrian Jones, George Gause, Brandon Joyce, Jeremy Parquet, Tavares Washington, Seth Wand, Martin Bibla and Jason Capizzi, DL Willie Williams, Peppi Zellner, Kevin Vickerson, Eric Henderson, Bill Swancutt and Paul Carrington, LBs Terrence Melton, Colby Bockwoldt, Quinton Culberson, Chad Nkang, Ezra Butler and Spencer Toone, DBs Alan Zemaitis, Isaiah Trufant, David Lofton, Terrell Maze, Ahmad Treaudo, Nick Turnbull and Chaz Williams, P Durant Brooks and K Graham Gano

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Tampa Bay Bandits - HC Steve Spurrier, OC Doug Pederson, DC Martin Bayless, GM Pepper Rodgers, QBs Rohan Davey, Chris Leak and Gibran Hamdan, RBs Avon Cobourne, Vernand Morency, Chris Barclay and Mike Cloud, WRs Chad Jackson, DeAndrew Rubin, Troy Edwards, Taylor Jacobs, Reche Caldwell and Drew Haddad, TEs Ben Troupe, Erron Kinney and Dan O'Leary, OL Adrian Klemm, Carlos Joseph, Jabari Levey, Charles Spencer, Duke Preston, Garin Patrick and Kenyatta Walker, DL Shaun Smith, Winfield Garnett, Darrell Wright, Darrell Shropshire and Dave Tollefson, LBs Mason Unck, Raonall Smith, Antonio Wilson, Tyson Smith, Byron Thweatt and Byron Hardmon, DBs Mark Estelle, Stanford Samuels, Jeff Sanchez, Paul Gause, Jason David, Mike Rumph and DeMario Minter, P Tom Malone and K Xavier Beitia

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Columbus Ghosts - HC Marc Trestman, OC Kippy Brown, DC Fred Pagac, GM Chris Spielman, QBs Joe Germaine, Gino Guidugli and Clint Stoerner, RBs Jamar Martin, Bruce Perry, Eric Shelton and Maurice Clarett, WRs Ken-Yon Rambo, Lance Moore, Brandon Middleton, Mario Urrutia and Jamall Broussard, TEs Dwayne Blakley, Daniel Wilcox and Jason Pociask, OL Tre Stallings, Adam Kieft, Shane Olivea, Alex Sulfsted, Al Johnson, Javiar Collins, Kirk Barton, Eric Ghiaciuc, Adrien Clarke, Ben Wilkerson and Tyson Walter, DL Antonio Smith, Tim Anderson, Johnathan Sullivan, Darrion Scott, Josh Savage and Eddie Freeman, LBs James Harrison, Anthony Schlegel, Keyon Whiteside, Khalid Abdullah and Antwan Peek, DBs Mike Doss, Abraham Elimimian, Cornelius Coe, Anthony Floyd, Steve Bellisari, Nijrell Eason and Rashidi Barnes, P BJ Sander and K Matt Bryant

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Orlando Rage - HC Jay Gruden, OC Jeff Brohm, DC Pete Kuharchek, GM Sammy Schmale, QBs Joe Hamilton, Chris Weinke and Kliff Kingsbury, RBs David Kirtman, Onterrio Smith, Artose Pinner and Ciatrick Fason, WRs Doug Gabriel, Skyler Green, Dallas Baker, Travis Taylor and Travis McGriff, TEs Lawrence Hart, Aaron Walker and Bennie Joppru, OL Joaquin Gonzalez, Josh Sewell, Matt McChesney, Damion Cook, Char-ron Dorsey, Antoine Mirambeau, Isaac Sowells, Cheston Blackshear and Ben Brielmaier, DL Randy Chevrier, Simeon Rice, Jamaal Green, Jerome McDougle, Elton Patterson and Cameron Wake, LBs Matt Stewart, Jordan Beck, Odell Thurman, Marquis Cooper, Wes Bautovich and AJ Nicholson, DBs Mario Edwards, Derrick Gibson, Ifeanyi Ohalete, Atari Bigby, Michael Boulware, Stuart Schweigert, Dexter Jackson and Clevan Thomas, P Kyle Basler and K Rhys Lloyd

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 New York Guardians - HC Jim Fassel, OC Greg Roman, DC Chuck Bresnahan, GM Ron Jaworski, QBs Chris Redman, Colt Brennan and Spergon Wynn, RBs Nehemiah Broughton, Josh Scobey, Tony Hunt and James Jackson, WRs Yatil Green, Jerome Mathis, Devard Darling, Syndric Steptoe, Roy Hall and Zuriel Smith, TEs Mike Merritt, Sean McHugh and Tim Euhus, OL Rob Petitti, Anthony Davis, Clint Oldenburg, George Foster, Scott Young, Morgan Pears, Jacob Bender, Will Svitek and Mike Mabry, DL Gabe Nyenhuis, Aubrayo Franklin, Adrian Awasom, Anthony Maddox, Bryan Save and Kenechi Udeze, LBs Isaiah Kacyvenski, Jameel Dumas, Ryan LaCasse, Ronnie Palmer, Jeremy Cain and Raheem Orr, DBs Randee Drew, Brandon Browner, Joey Eloms, Robb Butler, Michael Waddell, Rashad Barksdale and Ray Ventrone, P Joel Stelly and K Nick Novak

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Birmingham Steel - HC Marty Schottenheimer, OC Kurt Schottenheimer, DC Scott Milanovich, GM Joe Cealera, QBs Quincy Carter, Alex Brink and Bryan Randall, RBs Curtis Keaton, Marcel Shipp, Shaud Williams and Quincy Wilson, WRs Onome Ojo, Will Franklin, Andrae Thurman, Chad Lucas and Freddie Milons, TEs Patrick Hape, Branden Ledbetter and Keith Heinrich, OL Gennaro DiNapoli, Todd Williams, Atlas Herrion, Nat Dorsey, Roy Schuening, Jason Watkins, Kelvin Ingram and Brian Rimpf, DL Claude Harriott, Quinton Reese, Josh Cooper, Donnell Washington, Cedric Pittman, Adrian Dingle, Reggie Grimes and Reggie McGrew, LBs Trev Faulk, Dontarrious Thomas, Keith Franklin, Orantes Grant, Tony Bua and Derrick Pope, DBs Woodrow Dantzler, Lamont Thompson, Blue Adams, Paul Pratt, Ramon Walker, Waine Bacon and Keyon Nash, P Mat McBriar and K Lawrence Tynes

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Memphis Express - HC Butch Davis, OC Terry Robiskie, DC Dennis Thurman, GM Tillman Engle, QBs Adrian McPherson, Jeff Smoker and Erik Ainge, RBs Michael Pittman, Odie Armstrong, DeCori Birmingham and Trung Canidate, WRs Andy McCullough, Eddie Berlin, Michael Spurlock, Tyrone Calico and Jarrick Hillary, TEs Marlon Chambers, Hunter Goodwin and Jonathan Dekker, OL Michael Toudouze, Ryan Gibbons, Anthony Oakley, James Marten, Arron Sears, Isaiah Ross, Austin King, Tyler Luellen, Chukky Okobi and Qasim Mitchell, DL DeAngelo Lloyd, Claude Wroten, Marcus Bell, Rashad Moore, Andrew Shull, Demetrin Veal and Seante Williams, LBs Raynoch Thompson, Marcus Riley, Gary Stills, Eric Westmoreland, Rocky Calmus and Eddie Moore, DBs Gerrick McPhearson, Matteral Richardson, Cory Peoples, Ricky Manning, Idrees Bashir, Bhawoh Jue and Brian Bonner, P Bill LaFleur and K David Kimball

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Ottawa Force - HC Jim Haslett, OC Joe Paopao, DC David Catapano, GM Forrest Gregg, QBs Cade McNown, Craig Nall and Jason Gesser, RBs Obafemi Ayanbadejo, DeAndra Cobb, Justin Hamilton and LaBrandon Toefield, WRs Darius Watts, Quincy Morgan, Sonny Shackelford, Joe West, Marcus Maxwell and Dante Ridgeway, TEs Ryan Neufeld, Bradford Banta and Jerome Collins, OL Travis Claridge, Matt Lentz, Cameron Spikes, Josh Warner, Edward Ta'amu, Doug Nienhuis, Nate Bennett and Erik Pears, DL Lionel Barnes, Chad Lavalais, Tom Johnson, Jimmy Verdon, McKinley Boykin and Jonathan Goddard, LBs Lester Towns, Worrell Williams, Kyle Killion, Brian Toal, Zac Woodfin and Sedrick Hodge, DBs Pat Dennis, Ben Emanuel, Kyries Hebert, Donte Nicholson, Daven Holly, Michael Grant and Therrian Fontenot, P Pat Fleming and K Shaun Suisham

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Hartford Colonials - HC Chris Palmer, OC Keith Rowen, DC Rick Lantz, GM Rick Mueller, QBs Brooks Bollinger, Kurt Kittner and Mike McMahon, RBs Andrew Pinnock, Adimchinobe Echemandu, Dahrran Diedrick and Troy Hambrick, WRs Taye Biddle, Craphonso Thorpe, Maurice Mann, Cortez Hankton and Jayson Foster, TEs Ronnie Ghent, Matt Sherry and Quinn Sypniewski, OL PJ Alexander, Rick DeMulling, Ramiro Pruneda, Kwame Harris, Joe Toledo, Justin Geisinger, Mike Fladell, Steve Justice and Jasper Harvey, DL Josh Mallard, Jonas Seawright, Michale Spicer, Stanley McClover, Kenneth Pettway and Jason Stewart, LBs Saleem Rasheed, Maurice Crum, Leon Williams, Matt Sinclair, Johnny Baldwin and Liam Ezekiel, DBs Diamond Ferri, DeJuan Tribble, Michael Lehan, Bruce Thornton, Adam Archuleta, Brandon Harrison, Darius Vinnett and TJ Wright, P Todd Sauerbrun and Paul Ernster

2009 Preview -

2008 Recap -

2009 Washington Valor - HC Hue Jackson, OC Frank Reich, DC Jim Criner, GM Doug Williams, QBs Shaun Hill, Drew Henson and Kevin O’Connell, RBs Lee Suggs, Wali Lundy, Kevin Jones and Doug Easlick, WRs Geroy Simon, Marcus Henry, Matt Jones, Harry Williams, Arman Shields, Chas Gessner and Rod Gardner, TEs Martrez Milner, Jermaine Wiggins and Patrick Estes, OL Mike Brisiel, Patrick Estes, Doug Brzezinski, Elton Brown, Adam Stenavich, Steve Edwards, Cory Lekkerkerker, Luke Butkus and Dave Costa, DL Chukie Nwokorie, Ryan Boschetti, Dewayne Robertson, Carlos Hall, Jesse Mahelona, Charles Hill and John Schlecht, LBs Torrance Marshall, Dane Krager, Chase Bullock, Charlton Keith, Ben Taylor and Dustin Cohen, DBs Kalvin Pearson, Tra Battle, Willie Andrews, Fakhir Brown, Dainon Sidney, Cory Bird and Jeremy Unertl, P Danny Baugher and K Todd France

2009 Preview -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 33 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:42 pm

XFL Week 1: Colonials Open XFL Season with 31-23 Victory Against Defending Champions

February 23, 2009

Hartford, CT - The Hartford Colonials made the return of professional football to Hartford a successful one with a 31-23 victory over the Tampa Bay Bandits before 34,384 fans at Rentschler Field Saturday in the opening contest of the 2009 XFL season. The Colonials earned their first-ever win as a franchise with a dominant performance. Tampa Bay wasn't able to muster much in the first half. QB Gibran Hamdan wasn't sharp, completing just 6 of his first 18 passes for 32 yards and one interception. Hamdan was off on some of his throws while on others, his receivers dropped the ball.

The Colonials took a 28-0 lead when WR Larry Brackins took a short five-yard pass from QB Brooks Bollinger got into open field and took off for an 60-yard touchdown reception with 14:03 left in the third quarter. Tampa Bay began to show some life in the third quarter when they employed a hurry-up offense to drive 76 yards on 15 yards to get a 21-yard field goal with 6:45 left in the quarter. Hamdan completed six straight passes at one point and 8-of-10 on the drive. The Bandits added their first touchdown of the season on a five-yard pass from Hamdan to WR Chad Jackson on the next drive and then quickly added their second touchdown when Hamdan found WR Taylor Jacobs to cut the lead to 28-17. After a Colonials field goal, the game was essentially over.

"I think what people saw was a good football team that got after you," Colonials head coach Chris Palmer said. "And I think the fans felt very much part of the game."

-- (0-0)Bandits 23 - 31 Colonials(0-0)
(TB): QB Hamdan - 23/29 383 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Cobourne - 13 carries, 53 yards, 4 catches, 42 yards, 2 TDs, WR Gabriel - 4 catches, 129 yards, TE Wrighster - 6 catches, 93 yards, WR Jackson - 3 catches, 76 yards, 1 TD
(HART): QB Bollinger - 27/35 392 yards, 2 TDs, RB Hambrick - 7 carries, 22 yards, WR Biddle - 7 catches, 102 yards, WR Brackins - 6 catches, 107 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-0)Roughnecks 21 - 28 Commanders(0-0)
(OKC): QB Davey - 20/37 268 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, RB Anderson - 13 carries, 30 yards, 1 TD, WR Bowman - 5 catches, 97 yards, WR Bellamy - 6 catches, 86 yards, 1 TD
(SA): QB Bishop - 28/41 231 yards, 2 TDs, RB Toefield - 9 carries, 82 yards, WR Morgan - 6 catches, 94 yards

-- (0-0)Desperados 33 - 23 Conquerors(0-0)
(DAL): QB Rattay - 20/35 289 yards, 3 TDs, RB Redmond - 16 carries, 29 yards, WR Sippio - 5 catches, 73 yards, 2 TDs, WR McNeal - 4 catches, 82 yards
(LV): QB Losman - 16/26 171 yards, 2 TDs, RB Dorsey - 12 carries, 129 yards, WR Walters - 6 catches, 75 yards, 2 TDs

-- (0-0)Mammoths 22 - 13 Enforcers(0-0)
(OMA): QB Banks - 21/31 212 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Dayne - 25 carries, 84 yards, WR Hatchette - 5 catches, 61 yards
(CHI): QB Harrington - 21/27 273 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, RB Galloway - 6 catches, 39 yards, WR Terrell - 4 catches, 94 yards, TE Humphrey - 4 catches, 53 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-0)Guardians 31 - 48 Force(0-0)
(NY): QB Redman - 18/25 267 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, RB Scobey - 15 carries, 64 yards, 1 TD, WR Givens - 8 catches, 103 yards, WR Darling - 3 catches, 91 yards
(OTT): QB Huard - 14/24 211 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Simonton - 19 carries, 187 yards, 2 TDs, WR Caldwell - 6 catches, 118 yards, WR Looker - 6 catches, 58 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-0)Valor 8 - 38 Ghosts(0-0)
(DC): QB McPherson - 21/37 202 yards, RB Suggs - 15 carries, 70 yards, WR Jones - 4 catches, 74 yards
(COL): QB Germaine - 22/28 219 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Shelton - 20 carries, 41 yards, 1 TD, WR Furrey - 6 catches, 87 yards, 1 TD, WR Germany - 5 catches, 55 yards

-- (0-0)Stars 14 - 26 Mountain Lions(0-0)
(LA): QB King - 17/32 207 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Barlow - 10 carries, 55 yards, WR Copeland - 10 catches, 58 yards, 2 TDs, WR Williams - 9 catches, 70 yards
(SLC): QB O'Sullivan - 18/23 280 yards, 3 TDs, RB Smith - 10 carries, 43 yards, WR Mitchell - 5 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD, WR Warren - 2 catches, 78 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-0)Express 13 - 19 Rage(0-0)
(MEM): QB Ramsey - 24/33 229 yards, 1 INT, RB Canidate - 27 carries, 76 yards, 1 TD, WR Calico - 6 catches, 91 yards, WR Berlin - 5 catches, 48 yards
(ORL): QB Hamilton - 12/27 146 yards, 2 TDs, RB Hicks - 11 carries, 42 yards, WR Lelie - 5 catches, 50 yards, 1 TD, WR Edwards - 5 catches, 56 yards

-- (0-0)Aztecs 17 - 24 Steel(0-0)
(MEX): QB Gray - 26/39 261 yards, 1 INT, RB Irvin - 9 carries, 34 yards, WR Nash -7 catches, 92 yards, WR Wallace - 6 catches, 75 yards
(BIRM): QB Carter - 17/25 203 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Duckett - 10 carries, 47 yards, WR Lucas - 6 catches, 142 yards

For Hartford Football Fans, Colonials a Long Time Coming

February 26, 2009

Hartford, CT - February 21, 2009, is a day football fans in and around Hartford, Connecticut have been dreaming of for a long time. That's because those fans finally have a professional football team to call their very own. "This community, they had the (National Hockey League's) Whalers abandon them, they had the (National Football League's) Patriots at the altar and they turned around and went back to Massachusetts," said Colonials head coach Chris Palmer. "The fans are accepting us. They will definitely embrace us." Palmer said that connection between the Colonials and their fans has begun to grow. He said a son will always remember his mother taking him to meet the Colonials, and that families are coming to practices and sitting in the stands.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:48 pm

XFL Week 2: Los Angeles Gets First Victory of Season in Dallas

March 3, 2009

Dallas, TX - QB Shaun King threw for 403 yards and a pair of touchdowns and LB Napoleon Harris had a sack, forced fumble and an interception to lead the Los Angeles Stars to a 27-20 win over the Dallas Desperados in the XFL. Los Angeles had to rally from a 10-0 deficit. "We did enough to win on offense, but it was the defense that carried us today," Los Angeles head coach Rick Neuheisel said. "I believe Napoleon Harris is one of the best linebackers in pro football and he showed it again today. We have to clean up that part of the game. Penalties and turnovers really hurt us tonight," Neuheisel added. Fourteen of their 20 points came after a turnover and both of their touchdown drives were aided by multiple penalties. Dallas has a great defense and they came in with a good game plan, but the bottom line is that when you go on the road, particularly when you have to travel across the country, you will take any win you can get."

The Stars would take their first lead of game on a bizarre series of plays. LB Kendyll Pope set the Stars up on the Dallas 11-yard line on a sack and forced fumble of QB Tim Rattay. Three plays later, RB Kevan Barlow apparently fumbled on the goal line, but after an official review, the Desperados were called for an illegal defense to set the Stars up with a first and goal. One play later, RB DeShaun Foster got it and Los Angeles led 14-10 at the 9:15 mark of the second period. On the ensuing drive, QB Rattay drove the Desperados down to the 19, but would miss a 37-yard field goal and Los Angeles held on to its 14-point lead. The Stars would up the lead to 17-10 when K Clay Rush hit a league-record 54-yard field goal with 52 seconds remaining in the half. Dallas would tie the game at the midway point of the third quarter. A RB Foster fumble gave the Desperados possession deep in Los Angeles territory and following a pass interference penalty on DB Ricky Manning, QB Rattay hit WR Dialleo Burks on a 1-yard touchdown pass to make it 17-17. Following a Dallas turnover, QB King set the Stars up with a first and goal from the seven on a 33-yard pass to WR Reggie Williams. But three plays netted no yardage and K Rush booted 24-yard field goal to give the Stars a 20-17 lead. Los Angeles would then build a 27-17 lead in the waning seconds of the third period when QB King hit WR Jeremaine Copeland on a 68-ayrd bomb on a third and 12 play. QB Rattay would put together his best looking drive of the day on the Desperados' next possession, only to have LB Napoleon Harris come up with an interception in the end zone to thwart the drive. On their next possession, the Desperados drove down to the 7, but the drive stalled and the game concluded.

-- (0-1)Stars 27 - 20 Desperados(1-0)
(LA): QB King - 24/33 403 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Barlow - 20 carries, 62 yards, WR Copeland - 9 catches, 199 yards, 2 TDs, WR Williams - 7 catches, 109 yards
(DAL): QB Rattay - 17/33 262 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Cloud - 13 carries, 23 yards, WR Sippio - 5 catches, 104 yards, WR McNeal - 3 catches, 70 yards

-- (1-0)Mammoths 15 - 19 Aztecs(0-1)
(OMA): QB Banks - 24/41 238 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Dayne - 26 carries, 117 yards, WR Haygood - 5 catches, 78 yards
(MEX): QB Rowe - 10/26 145 yards, 1 TD, RB Shipp - 7 carries, 41 yards, WR Nash - 4 catches, 64 yards, 1 TD

-- (1-0)Commanders 24 - 30 Enforcers(0-1)
(SA): QB Bishop - 17/30 208 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, RB Toefield - 7 carries, 32 yards, WR Woods - 7 catches, 71 yards, WR Morgan - 5 catches, 52 yards, 1 TD
(CHI): QB Harrington - 14/23 192 yards, 1 INT, RB Perry - 12 carries, 43 yards, 2 TDs, WR Martin - 4 catches, 63 yards, TE Humphrey - 4 catches, 42 yards

-- (0-1)Conquerors 25 - 27 Mountain Lions(1-0)
(LV): QB Losman - 33/38 400 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Dorsey - 18 carries, 42 yards, WR Robinson - 8 catches, 152 yards, 1 TD, WR Walters - 6 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD
(SLC): QB Boyd - 19/26 333 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB McCoo - 19 carries, 149 yards, WR Warren - 4 catches, 107 yards, WR Mitchell - 3 catches, 74 yards, 2 TDs, TE Johnson - 5 catches, 62 yards, 2 TDs

-- (1-0)Ghosts 10 - 31 Bandits(0-1)
(COL): QB Germaine - 24/40 246 yards, RB Shelton - 18 carries, 67 yards, WR Germany - 6 catches, 62 yards, WR Rambo - 6 catches, 61 yards
(TB): QB Hamdan - 21/37 293 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Cobourne - 21 carries, 134 yards, WR Jackson - 5 catches, 85 yards, 1 TD, TE Wrighster - 4 catches, 117 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-1)Roughnecks 27 - 33 Express(0-1)
(OKC): QB Nall - 20/34 229 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Bell - 13 carries, 136 yards, WR Bellamy - 6 catches, 74 yards, WR Bowman - 6 catches, 58 yards
(MEM): QB Ramsey - 24/40 187 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Canidate - 30 carries, 169 yards, WR Calico - 7 catches, 47 yards

-- (1-0)Force 17 - 23 Rage(1-0)
(OTT): QB Huard - 31/41 249 yards, 2 TDs, RB Robertson - 14 carries, 28 yards, WR Caldwell - 8 catches, 65 yards, WR Looker - 5 catches, 55 yards
(ORL): QB Hamilton - 15/27 180 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Fason - 9 carries, 108 yards, 1 TD, TE Hart - 3 catches, 52 yards

-- (1-0)Colonials 37 - 14 Valor(0-1)
(HART): QB Bollinger - 20/32 275 yards, 3 TDs, RB Hambrick - 12 carries, 30 yards, WR Brackins - 5 catches, 94 yards, 2 TDs, WR Biddle - 3 catches, 101 yards, 1 TD
(DC): QB McPherson - 11/30 134 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Suggs - 11 carries, 51 yards, WR Jones - 7 catches, 96 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-1)Guardians 31 - 28 Steel(1-0)
(NY): QB Redman - 18/40 242 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, RB Scobey - 12 carries, 120 yards, 1 TD, WR Givens - 7 catches, 89 yards, 1 TD
(BIRM): QB Carter - 15/23 181 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Arrington - 14 carries, 107 yards, 1 TD, RB Duckett - 17 carries, 65 yards, WR Lucas - 3 catches, 83 yards, 1 TD

Colonials' QB Brooks Bollinger an Early Standout

March 5, 2009

Hartford, CT - From the moment Las Vegas quarterback J.P. Losman signed on to play in the XFL, the league hailed him as its top player. But Hartford Colonials quarterback Brooks Bollinger apparently has something to say about that. Through two games, Bollinger has put up the league’s most impressive statistics while leading his team to a 2-0 start. And it almost never happened. Although Hartford coach Chris Palmer drafted Bollinger to play for the Colonials months before training camp, Bollinger couldn’t make up his mind about the XFL. “I wasn’t really sure what I was going to do or where my career was headed,” Bollinger said. “I have a family and kids, so I wasn’t sure if this would be in our best interest.”

But then he realized how much he missed football. He thought about it some more and called Palmer to tell him he wanted to be a Colonial. Ironically, Losman played a role in Bollinger’s decision. “When I first heard about the league, the first thing that gave it credibility was the head coaches, obviously,” Bollinger said. “But when I first started hearing about guys like J.P. Losman and Tim Rattay, I got interested in this league.”

Cash-Strapped UFL delays start of 2009 season

March 7, 2009

New York, NY - The United Football League will move the start of its season from mid-April to mid-July because of ongoing financial problems, founder Cedric Dempsey said Tuesday. Dempsey said in a statement that the delay will give the league time to finalize television agreements and "other critical business affairs." Players who reported to training camps this week are returning home at league expense, with the plan being to reopen them in about a month. Dempsey said he and other investors, who have lost millions of dollars, are committed to funding the 2009 season. "Ultimately, this delay is due to our inability to secure television agreements and other related business partners. We believe, though, that the added time will allow for some necessary housekeeping that will strengthen our product and our brand." The UFL lost $30 million in 2008 and Dempsey told the press in the spring that investors considered folding after last season.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:42 pm

XFL Week 3: Express Fall to Birmingham 23-20

March 10, 2009

Birmingham, AL - K Lawrence Tynes booted a 21-yard field goal as time expired to give the Birmingham Steel a 23-20 win over the Memphis Express on Thursday night. The win lifted the Steel to 2-1 on the season, while the Express fell to 1-2. The Express took a 20-13 lead lead at the 6:36 mark in the 4th quarter on a 14-yard pass from QB Patrick Ramsey to WR Eddie Berlin. But the lead was short-lived as QB Quincy Carter directed a five-play, 70-yard drive that ended in a 15-yard touchdown pass to WR Jerome Mathis. RB JJ Arrington has the key play in the drive, busting off a 47-yard run. On Memphis' ensuing possession, the Express went three and out when they failed to convert on a third and three. That set up Birmingham's game-winning drive.

"They dominated in the first half and we were fortunate to go into the locker room with a tie," Memphis head coach Butch Davis said. "And we took a lead in the fourth, I thought we had a chance to take control. But give them credit, Quincy led them down for a tying score. It was really frustrating tonight. Offensively we could only put together a few first downs at the time and defensively we couldn't get off the field tonight."

-- (1-1)Express 20 - 23 Steel(1-1)
(MEM): QB Ramsey - 19/30 309 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Canidate - 17 carries, 87 yards, 1 TD, WR Berlin - 3 catches, 99 yards, 1 TD, WR Calico - 4 catches, 90 yards
(BIRM): QB Carter - 22/35 196 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Arrington - 19 carries, 61 yards, 1 TD, WR Mathis - 4 catches, 40 yards, 1 TD

-- (1-1)Desperados 38 - 27 Roughnecks(0-2)
(DAL): QB Rattay - 22/28 243 yards, 2 TDs, RB Cloud - 16 carries, 129 yards, 1 TD, RB Redmond - 13 carries, 40 yards, 2 TDs, WR Johnson - 5 catches, 71 yards, 1 TD
(OKC): QB Nall - 22/31 219 yards, 1 TD, RB Anderson - 13 carries, 149 yards, 2 TDs, WR Bowman - 6 catches, 78 yards, 1 TD

-- (1-1)Stars 10 - 23 Mammoths(1-1)
(LA): QB Walter - 26/39 227 yards, 1 TD, RB Barlow - 10 carries, 39 yards, WR Copeland - 7 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD, WR White - 7 catches, 85 yards
(OMA): QB Banks - 16/24 150 yards, 2 TDs, RB Dayne - 23 carries, 76 yards, WR Haygood - 4 catches, 57 yards, 2 TDs

-- (1-1)Ghosts 31 - 8 Force(1-1)
(COL): QB Germaine - 30/35 252 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Shelton - 22 carries, 110 yards, WR Rambo - 7 catches, 55 yards, WR Furrey - 6 catches, 51 yards, 1 TD
(OTT): QB Huard - 21/39 178 yards, RB Simonton - 21 carries, 27 yards, WR Looker - 9 catches, 81 yards, WR Caldwell - 4 catches, 51 yards

-- (2-0)Mountain Lions 10 - 59 Enforcers(1-1)
(SLC): QB Boyd - 15/31 170 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Smith - 8 carries, 38 yards, WR Warren - 4 catches, 63 yards, WR Mitchell - 3 catches, 51 yards, TE Johnson - 5 catches, 33 yards, 1 TD
(CHI): QB Harrington - 24/34 327 yards, 2 TDs, RB Perry - 18 carries, 130 yards, 2 TDs, RB Galloway - 9 carries, 108 yards, 3 TDs, WR Martin - 6 catches, 122 yards, 1 TD, TE Humphrey - 4 catches, 57 yards, 1 TD

-- (2-0)Colonials 24 - 13 Conquerors(0-2)
(HART): QB Bollinger - 18/24 207 yards, 3 TDs, RB Hambrick - 11 carries, 44 yards, WR Biddle - 5 catches, 62 yards, 1 TD, WR Brackins - 4 catches, 50 yards, 1 TD
(LV): QB Chang - 26/42 229 yards, 1 TD, RB Dorsey - 24 carries, 102 yards, RB Sapp - 11 carries, 80 yards, WR Walters - 6 catches, 99 yards

-- (1-1)Aztecs 22 - 14 Commanders(1-1)
(MEX): QB Rowe - 20/30 266 yards, 1 TD, RB Irvin - 10 carries, 27 yards, WR Nash - 6 catches, 101 yards, WR Wallace - 4 catches, 90 yards
(SA): QB Hutchinson - 22/29 233 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Croom - 4 carries, 62 yards, WR Woods - 7 catches, 61 yards, 1 TD, WR Morgan - 6 catches, 99 yards

-- (2-0)Rage 13 - 20 Bandits(1-1)
(ORL): QB Wynn - 18/26 187 yards, 1 TD, RB Hicks - 7 carries, 72 yards, WR Lelie - 4 catches, 52 yards, 1 TD, TE Hart - 4 catches, 57 yards
(TB): QB McNown - 18/28 278 yards, 2 TDs, RB Cobourne - 19 carries, 121 yards, WR Jackson - 5 catches, 74 yards, WR Gabriel - 4 catches, 73 yards, WR Jacobs - 4 catches, 82 yards

-- (1-1)Guardians 27 - 24 Valor(0-2)
(NY): QB Redman - 18/32 304 yards, 2 TDs, RB Scobey - 11 carries, 24 yards, WR Williams - 5 catches, 113 yards, 1 TD, WR Darling - 5 catches, 65 yards, 1 TD
(DC): QB McPherson - 17/35 216 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Suggs - 20 carries, 57 yards, RB Jackson - 8 carries, 96 yards, 2 TDs, WR Gardner - 5 catches, 70 yards, 1 TD, WR Jones - 5 catches, 65 yards

Chester Stadium could be on XFL Radar

March 13, 2009

Philadelphia, PA - The XFL has an expansion eye on the Philadelphia area, and for good reason. With Eagles tickets at a premium, it’s an underserved market to which the XFL would like to cater. XFL commissioner Michael Huyghue is well aware of the soccer stadium being built in Chester, one that could have fall dates open for football. He believes the area is fertile ground for expansion. “I think the reality is there’s a shortage of opportunity for fans in a number of those suburbs and markets outside the Philly area, just like there is in the Long Island area of New York,” Huyghue said. “So as we look at expansion, no question those are the type of markets we look at, very strong, knowledgeable fans who can embrace it and are thirsting for more professional football.”

“We all are in the entertainment business to sell tickets to events,” Huyghue said. “I think the proof is in the pudding.”
Last edited by BengalErnst on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:13 pm

XFL Week 4: Rage Hand Colonials First Defeat Of Season With 24-20 Victory

March 17, 2009

Orlando, FL - Orlando QB Joe Hamilton hit WR Troy Edwards for a 33-yard touchdown pass with 31 seconds remaining to give the host Rage a memorable home opener win in front of 33,812 fans. The score capped a wild fourth quarter in which Orlando scored 17 points. WR Ashley Lelie was Hamilton's big-play go-to receiver, hauling in catches of 18, 54 and 37 yards, respectively, the latter of which set up the 54-yard field goal that got the Rage to within seven points of the lead at 17-10 midway through the third quarter. Another favorite target of Hamilton's was WR Troy Edwards, caught seven passes for 94 yards. RB Maurice Hicks was caught a game-high eight passes for 57 yards. Hartford took a 10-7 lead into the half as QB Bollinger directed a fine drive near the end of the half, completing four straight passes, including a 14-yard touchdown strike to WR Taye Biddle, to take the lead with 1:12 remaining in the half. Midway through the third quarter the Colonials rolled the dice on fourth and eight from the Orlando 35 yard line and QB Bollinger hit Biddle soaring down the right sideline for a 34 yard gain to the one-yard line. RB Troy Hambrick punched it in on the next play to put Hartford up 17-7.

"You couldn't ask for a better ending," Orlando head coach Jay Gruden said. "Joe was a warrior right to the end and the guys really stayed together. Despite our discouragement from last week there was never any doubt that the guys would stay together and put forth that kind of game."

"This is really a terrific market and you could tell by the enthusiasm of the crowd," XFL commissioner Michael Huyghue said. "It's been one of our best markets since year one."

-- (3-0)Colonials 20 - 24 Rage(2-1)
(HART): QB Bollinger - 23/41 328 yards, 1 TD, RB Hambrick - 13 carries, 37 yards, 1 TD, WR Biddle - 9 catches, 112 yards, 1 TD
(ORL): QB Hamilton - 26/42 374 yards, 3 TDs, RB Hicks - 11 carries, 64 yards, 8 catches, 57 yards, WR Lelie - 7 catches, 134 yards, 1 TD, WR Edwards, 7 catches, 94 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-3)Roughnecks 19 - 21 Valor(0-3)
(OKC): QB Davey - 16/23 222 yards, 1 TD, RB Bell - 23 carries, 70 yards, WR Morey - 4 catches, 74 yards, 1 TD, WR Bellmay - 4 catches, 69 yards
(DC): QB McPherson - 16/30 131 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Suggs - 13 carries, 106 yards, 1 TD, RB Jackson - 17 carries, 129 yards, 1 TD, WR Gardner - 4 catches, 40 yards

-- (2-1)Ghosts 31 - 9 Mountain Lions(2-1)
(COL): QB Germaine - 21/28 287 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, RB Shelton - 17 carries, 148 yards, WR Moore - 4 catches, 119 yards, 1 TD, WR Furrey - 4 catches, 76 yards, 2 TDs
(SLC): QB Boyd - 19/34 193 yards, RB Smith - 12 carries, 76 yards, WR Mitchell - 5 catches, 71 yards, TE Johnson - 5 catches, 58 yards

-- (2-1)Enforcers 23 - 13 Guardians(2-1)
(CHI): QB Harrington - 20/26 247 yards, RB Perry - 18 carries, 52 yards, 1 TD, RB Galloway - 17 carries, 52 yards, 1 TD, WR Martin - 6 catches, 99 yards, WR Terrell - 4 catches, 62 yards, TE Humphrey - 5 catches, 57 yards
(NY): QB Redman - 14/20 199 yards, RB Scobey - 12 carries, 59 yards, 1 TD, WR Givens - 4 catches, 81 yards

-- (2-1)Mammoths 17 - 20 Force(1-2)
(OMA): QB Banks - 22/33 269 yards, 2 TDs, RB Dayne - 25 carries, 47 yards, WR Hatchette - 7 catches, 136 yards, 1 TD
(OTT): QB Huard - 22/37 227 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Simonton - 19 carries, 150 yards, WR Caldwell - 5 catches, 100 yards, WR Looker - 8 catches, 47 yards, 1 TD

-- (1-2)Stars 10 - 25 Express(1-2)
(LA): QB King - 14/30 116 yards, 1 INT, RB Barlow - 13 carries, 83 yards, 1 TD, WR Copeland - 6 catches, 60 yards
(MEM): QB Ramsey - 22/31 225 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Canidate - 29 carries, 92 yards, WR Maxwell - 7 catches, 58 yards, 1 TD, WR Berlin - 4 catches, 66 yards

-- (1-2)Aztecs 23 - 24 Conquerors(0-3)
(MEX): QB Rowe - 18/29 180 yards, 1 TD, RB Irvin - 14 carries, 23 yards, WR Nash - 6 catches, 69 yards, WR Wallace - 5 catches, 85 yards, 1 TD
(LV): QB Losman - 25/29 327 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Dorsey - 23 carries, 69 yards, WR Robinson - 8 catches, 112 yards, 1 TD, WR Walters - 5 catches, 83 yards, WR Sam - 6 catches, 66 yards

-- (2-1)Desperados 30 - 13 Commanders(2-1)
(DAL): QB Rattay - 25/27 292 yards, 3 TDs, RB Cloud - 11 carries, 19 yards, WR Johnson - 6 catches, 143 yards, 2 TDs, WR Sippio - 5 catches, 54 yards
(SA): QB Hutchinson - 13/31 217 yards, 1 TD, RB Griffin - 7 carries, 26 yards, 1 TD, WR Woods - 5 catches, 95 yards, 1 TD, WR Merritt - 4 catches, 92 yards

-- (2-1)Steel 12 - 20 Bandits(2-1)
(BIRM): QB Carter - 26/32 229 yards, RB Duckett - 11 carries, 60 yards, 1 TD, WR Mathis - 4 catches, 70 yards
(TB): QB Hamdan - 12/28 235 yards, 2 TDs, RB Cobourne - 12 carries, 65 yards, 2 catches, 45 yards, 1 TD, WR Gabriel - 4 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD, WR Jacobs - 2 catches, 67 yards
Last edited by BengalErnst on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:16 pm

XFL Week 5: Harrington Rallies Enforcers Past the Bandits

March 24, 2009

Chicago, IL - The largest crowd in Enforcers' history turned out in Friday night to celebrate one of the young league's most spectacular games. Chicago QB Joey Harrington threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to David Terrell on fourth down with six seconds to play to give the Enforcers a 34-33 win over the Tampa Bay Bandits in the pulse-pounding game. A crowd of 43,067 watched the Enforcers fall behind 23-10 before outscoring Tampa 17-3 in the fourth quarter behind the clutch play of Harrington. Tampa K Brian Simnjanovski hit a 25-yard field goal to give the Bandits a 26-20 lead with 2:43 to go before Harrington led the game-winning drive. He connected with Terrell for 12 yards and WR Ruvell Martin for 11 yards on either side of a 14-yard scramble to set up first down at the Tampa 18 with 38 seconds remaining. Harrington narrowly avoided disaster two plays later when Tampa LB Jeremy Cain dropped what would have been the game-clinching interception. Harrington made them pay on the next play. After scrambling to his left he fired a perfect strike to Terrell in the back corner of the end zone to tie the game 26-26 before the PAT made Chicago a winner.

"I thought our team lost their poise a time or two that resulted in penalties," Tampa head coach Steve Spurrier said. "When you do that against a good team like Chicago, they're going to hurt you." The comeback spoiled a sterling night from Bandits' QB Gibran Hamdan, who finished 20-of-27 passing for 389 yards and four touchdowns. Hamdan was again unflappable, not throwing an incompletion until midway through the second quarter.

-- (3-1)Bandits 33 - 34 Enforcers(3-1)
(TB): QB Hamdan - 20/27 389 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT, RB Cobourne - 15 carries, 40 yards, WR Gabriel - 2 catches, 133 yards, 2 TDs, WR Rubin - 2 catches, 80 yards, 1 TD
(CHI): QB Harrington - 25/32 329 yards, 3 TDs, RB Galloway - 11 carries, 46 yards, 1 TD, WR Martin - 6 catches, 127 yards, WR Terrell - 4 catches, 64 yards, 1 TD

-- (2-2)Commanders 38 - 21 Aztecs(1-3)
(SA): QB Hutchinson - 30/40 293 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Griffin - 12 carries, 87 yards, 1 TD, WR Morgan - 6 catches, 89 yards, WR Stevens - 5 catches, 40 yards, 2 TDs
(MEX): QB Rowe - 10/25 72 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, RB Denson - 10 carries, 135 yards, 1 TD, WR Nash - 3 catches, 34 yards, 1 TD

-- (2-2)Express 20 - 28 Colonials(3-1)
(MEM): QB Ramsey - 18/35 207 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, RB Canidate - 30 carries, 116 yards, 1 TD, WR Calico - 6 catches, 109 yards, WR Berlin - 6 catches, 66 yards, 1 TD
(HART): QB Bollinger - 21/30 217 yards, 3 TDs, RB Hambrick - 13 carries, 39 yards, WR Biddle - 8 catches, 110 yards, 2 TDs

-- (2-2)Force 35 - 24 Conquerors(1-3)
(OTT): QB Huard - 19/30 252 yards, 3 TDs, RB Simonton - 19 carries, 108 yards, TE Ricks - 5 catches, 91 yards, 1 TD
(LV): QB Losman - 23/39 198 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Dorsey - 17 carries, 101 yards, WR Robinson - 6 catches, 71 yards, 1 TD

-- (1-3)Roughnecks 28 - 6 Desperados(3-1)
(OKC): QB Davey - 19/24 219 yards, 2 TDs, RB Anderson - 20 carries, 90 yards, RB Bell - 9 carries, 114 yards, 1 TD, WR Bowman - 5 catches, 71 yards, 1 TD, WR Wilson - 4 catches, 75 yards
(DAL): QB Rattay - 11/19 68 yards, RB Redmond - 10 carries, 54 yards, WR Johnson - 3 catches, 22 yards

-- (2-2)Mammoths 41 - 21 Guardians(2-2)
(OMA): QB Banks - 16/20 251 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Dayne - 17 carries, 74 yards, 3 TDs, WR Hatchette - 4 catches, 81 yards, 2 TDs, WR Haygood - 4 catches, 65 yards
(NY): QB Redman - 25/40 269 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, RB Scobey - 13 carries, 63 yards, WR Williams - 6 catches, 77 yards, 1 TD, WR Givens - 5 catches, 98 yards

-- (1-3)Valor 40 - 31 Mountain Lions(2-2)
(DC): QB McPherson - 25/30 284 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Jackson - 13 carries, 140 yards, 1 TD, RB Suggs - 17 carries, 100 yards, 1 TD, WR Gessner - 6 catches, 70 yards, 1 TD, WR Jones - 6 catches, 112 yards, 1 TD
(SLC): QB O'Sullivan - 22/30 398 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, RB Smith - 9 carries, 38 yards, WR Mitchell - 5 catches, 88 yards, WR Warren - 5 catches, 93 yards, TE Johnson - 4 catches, 53 yards, 1 TD

-- (3-1)Ghosts 13 - 27 Stars(1-3)
(COL): QB Germaine - 13/33 152 yards, 3 INTs, RB Shelton - 14 carries, 36 yards, 1 TD, WR Furrey - 4 catches, 45 yards, WR Moore - 4 catches, 47 yards
(LA): QB King - 18/30 189 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Barlow - 10 carries, 56 yards, WR Williams - 7 catches, 94 yards

-- (3-1)Rage 31 - 11 Steel(2-2)
(ORL): QB Hamilton - 12/17 232 yards, 3 TDs, RB Hicks - 12 carries, 72 yards, WR Lelie - 6 catches, 126 yards, 1 TD, WR Edwards - 4 catches, 97 yards, 1 TD
(BIRM): QB Carter - 17/28 101 yards, 2 INTs, RB Arrington - 13 carries, 65 yards, RB Duckett - 13 carries, 44 yards, 1 TD, WR Mathis - 4 catches, 35 yards

Wiggins See XFL As Viable Alternative For Former NFL Players

March 28, 2009

Washington, DC - Washington Valor TE Jermaine Wiggins is enthusiastic about the opportunity the XFL has given him and other players. "The one thing I really want to get out there is that the XFL is a great opportunity for guys to create a career," he said. "Look at the XFL and say 'Hey, I'm fortunate enough to be in the XFL. Let me try to build a career here.' If you're blessed enough to get the opportunity to play in the NFL, that's great but the main focus is building that career with the XFL." Valor Head Coach Hue Jackson understands what it means to the veterans in the XFL. "I think one, they love to play the game and two, they feel like they have a lot more football left in them despite people telling them they don't," Jackson said. "Jermaine proved he has a lot more football left in him. For his part, Wiggins sees the opportunity long-term. "I'm trying to build a fan base where fans will look at like 'Hey we're going to get to know these guys who will play for our teams for four, five, six years,'" Wiggins said. "I'm a sports fan myself. I'm a die-hard Red Sox and Celtics fan and it's good to see some consistency with your players."

"It's the opportunity to continue doing what it is that I do, and that's playing professional football," Wiggins said. "It's a way to keep my career going and have the opportunity to make a living. The NFL only has so many jobs and the XFL is giving guys the opportunity to continue their careers, whether on the field, as a coach or working in the front office."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:27 pm

XFL Week 6: Entertaining Pillow Fight in Mexico City

March 31, 2009

Mexico City, MEXICO - With the score tied at 17-17, the Conquerors took over on their own 24 and drove the ball 75-yards down to the 1-yard line. But three plays netted a -11 yards and they were forced to settle for a 30-yard field goal to take a 20-17 lead. QB Quinn Gray was outstanding on the game's final drive. After converting a fourth and two with a quarterback sneak, he completed passes of 13 and 8 yards to set up the game winning touchdown pass. The Conquerors drew first blood on the opening drive of the game. QB Timmy Chang led them on a 53-yard drive that was capped on a 48-yard field goal to give Las Vegas a 3-0 lead at the 9:41 mark of the first period. On Mexico City's first possession, Las Vegas DL Paul Carrington grabbed hold of Gray when he was throwing and LB Terrence Melton stepped in front of the errant pass and returned it down to the Aztecs' 37-yard line. But on the first play, Chang's screen pass went off RB Shannon Woods' hands and LB Quincy Monk intercepted to give the ball back to the Aztecs. The defenses then took control of the game before the Aztecs drove the length of the field to take a 7-3 lead. Gray capped a 12-play, 86-yard drive with a 4-yard scoring pass to TE Werne Hippler at the 8:56 mark of the second quarter. Las Vegas' offense finally got on track in its final possession of the period. Chang directed an 8-play, 76-yard drive hitting TE Aundrae Allison on a 14-yard scoring strike to give the Conquerors a 10-7 lead with 1:31 remaining.

The Conquerors would grab a two score lead on their second possession of the second half. TE John Madsen bulled over from the one with 8:17 remaining to give Las Vegas a 17-7 lead. Las Vegas had a chance to extend its lead late in the third quarter, but on a fourth and one play from the Mexico City 16-yard line, RB Cecil Sapp was stuffed for no gain. The play would factor into the final score as K Jeff Chandler would tie a league record by booting a 54-yard field goal on the Aztecs next possession to make it 17-10 at the 14:48 mark. QB Gray would then direct a game-tying drive, leading the Aztecs on a 10-play, 80-yard drive that was capped off by a 1-yard pass to WR CJ Jones at the 6:59 mark of the fourth quarter. A 30-yard pass and run play by WR Skyler Green on a third down play keyed the drive.

"We had our chances and didn't take advantage of it," Las Vegas head coach Dennis Green said. "We all had a hand in this one and now we have to rebound from it and get ready to play Dallas in a very short week."

-- (1-4)Conquerors 20 - 24 Aztecs(1-4)
(LV): QB Chang - 20/38 181 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Dorsey - 21 carries, 114 yards, WR Robinson - 5 catches, 64 yards
(MEX): QB Gray - 25/36 264 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Denson - 14 carries, 63 yards, WR Nash - 7 catches, 118 yards

-- (2-3)Steel 28 - 31 Colonials(4-1)
(BIRM): QB Carter - 23/37 236 yards, 1 TD, RB Duckett - 15 carries, 100 yards, RB Arrington - 7 carries, 71 yards, 1 TD, WR Lucas - 7 catches, 76 yards, WR Mathis - 5 catches, 68 yards, 1 TD
(HART): QB Bollinger - 25/41 269 yards, 3 TDs, RB Hambrick - 19 carries, 70 yards, 1 TD, RB Diedrick - 5 carries, 63 yards, WR Biddle - 6 catches, 94 yards, WR Brackins - 7 catches, 86 yards

-- (3-2)Commanders 20 - 30 Desperados(3-2)
(SA): QB Hutchinson - 25/32 251 yards, 2 TDs, RB Croom - 9 carries, 34 yards, WR Merritt - 6 catches, 85 yards, 1 TD, WR Woods - 5 catches, 79 yards, 1 TD
(DAL): QB Rattay - 20/29 238 yards, RB Redmond - 20 carries, 39 yards, 1 TD, WR Johnson - 8 catches, 64 yards, WR McNeal - 7 catches, 88 yards

-- (3-2)Bandits 22 - 19 Express(2-3)
(TB): QB Hamdan - 26/34 274 yards, 2 TDs, RB Cobourne - 15 carries, 60 yards, WR Gabriel - 7 catches, 86 yards, 1 TD, TE Wrighster - 7 catches, 103 yards
(MEM): QB Ramsey - 17/25 196 yards, 2 TDs, RB Canidate - 25 carries, 107 yards, WR Calico - 4 catches, 40 yards, 1 TD, WR Berlin - 3 catches, 84 yards

-- (3-2)Force 29 - 14 Ghosts(3-2)
(OTT): QB Huard - 18/27 209 yards, 3 TDs, RB Robertson - 15 carries, 46 yards, WR Looker - 8 catches, 121 yards, 2 TDs, WR Caldwell - 7 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD
(COL): QB Germaine - 21/35 109 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Shelton - 10 carries, 29 yards, 1 TD, WR Furrey - 5 catches, 27 yards

-- (4-1)Enforcers 31 - 38 Mountain Lions(2-3)
(CHI): QB Jackson - 18/30 217 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Perry - 11 carries, 139 yards, 1 TD, RB Galloway - 14 carries, 56 yards, 1 TD, WR Terrell - 4 catches, 44 yards, 1 TD, WR Martin - 7 catches, 51 yards
(SLC): QB O'Sullivan - 20/31 384 yards, 3 TDs, RB Smith - 16 carries, 63 yards, 2 TDs, 5 catches, 77 yards, 1 TD, WR Mitchell - 6 catches, 113 yards, TE Johnson - 4 catches, 55 yards, 3 TDs, WR Warren - 4 catches, 79 yards

-- (4-1)Rage 23 - 20 Roughnecks(1-4)
(ORL): QB Wynn - 18/30 226 yards, 2 TDs, RB Hicks - 13 carries, 30 yards, WR Lelie - 6 catches, 113 yards, TE Hart - 6 catches, 52 yards, 1 TD
(OKC): QB Davey - 21/30 228 yards, 1 TD, RB Bell - 10 carries, 62 yards, 1 TD, WR Bowman - 6 catches, 119 yards, WR Bellamy - 5 catches, 52 yards

-- (3-2)Mammoths 23 - 3 Stars(2-3)
(OMA): QB Banks - 20/30 228 yards, 2 TDs, RB Dayne - 19 carries, 89 yards, WR Haygood - 5 catches, 70 yards, 1 TD, WR Hatchette - 5 catches, 57 yards
(LA): QB Walter - 20/40 197 yards, RB Barlow - 10 carries, 31 yards, WR Copeland - 4 catches, 57 yards

-- (2-3)Guardians 24 - 22 Valor(2-3)
(NY): QB Hill - 13/23 326 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, RB Lundy - 15 carries, 54 yards, WR Darling - 2 catches, 134 yards, 1 TD, WR Williams - 5 catches, 70 yards, 1 TD
(DC): QB McPherson - 23/36 220 yards, 2 TDs, RB Jackson - 14 carries, 31 yards, RB Suggs - 9 carries, 56 yards, WR Gardner - 6 catches, 72 yards, 1 TD, WR Jones - 6 catches, 61 yards, 1 TD
Last edited by BengalErnst on Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:56 pm

XFL Week 7: Bandits Exact Revenge For Opening Game Loss With Victory Over Hartford

April 7, 2009

Hartford, CT - QB Gibran Hamdan completed all eight of his first quarter attempts, including a 68-yard strike to WR DeAndrew Rubin, who took advantage of blown coverage and scored untouched on the final play of the period. Tampa took a 27-0 lead when Hamdan hit WR Doug Gabriel on a 13-yard touchdown with 6:36 remaining, but Hartford answered quickly with a 5-play, 71-yard drive that produced QB Brooks Bollinger's 17-yarder to WR Larry Brackins with 4:12 left for the Colonials only touchdown of the game. An Avon Cobourne 14-yard run with 1:24 remaining one play after WR Taylor Jacobs's 47-yard punt return brought the score to 38-7 at halftime.

"We could have easily been behind 49-0," said Hartford head coach Chris Palmer. "Tampa dominated the first half and we had to feel lucky it was only 38-7. "We're not all playing good at the same time. Individuals are having good plays, but we're not consistent."

"We could not afford to go 0-2 against them," said Tampa Bay head coach Steve Spurrier. "We fought back after losing that first game. There's a lot of character on this team."

"Outstanding," Spurrier said of Hamdan's performance. "He's played well in the past. I knew I wanted to let him throw the ball and he came through for us." Hamdan felt good about the Bandits' matchup in the passing game. "I just needed a refresher course to pick up the offense," Hamdan said. "We felt our guys would be better than the guys covering them. Anytime our guys could get out and catch a pass would be good for us."

-- (4-2)Bandits 52 - 10 Colonials(5-1)
(TB): QB Hamdan - 19/27 367 yards, 3 TDs, RB Cobourne - 13 carries, 50 yards, 2 TDs, WR Jacobs - 3 catches, 83 yards, WR Gabriel - 3 catches, 59 yards, 2 TDs, TE Wrighster - 3 catches, 85 yards
(HART): QB Bollinger - 20/34 184 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Hambrick - 25 carries, 40 yards, WR Biddle - 8 catches, 101 yards

-- (2-4)Steel 12 - 14 Aztecs(2-4)
(BIRM): QB Carter - 26/42 227 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Duckett - 13 carries, 40 yards, WR Mathis - 7 carries, 61 yards, 1 TD, WR Lucas - 6 catches, 64 yards
(MEX): QB Gray - 11/20 138 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Denson - 20 carries, 41 yards, WR Wallace - 4 catches, 98 yards

-- (1-5)Conquerors 24 - 20 Desperados(4-2)
(LV): QB Losman - 19/35 166 yards, 1 TD, RB Dorsey - 13 carries, 90 yards, WR Sam - 5 catches, 57 yards, 1 TD, WR Robinson - 6 catches, 50 yards
(DAL): QB Jacobs - 19/38 239 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, RB Cloud - 21 carries, 60 yards, 1 TD, WR Johnson - 6 catches, 83 yards, WR McNeal - 6 catches, 76 yards

-- (5-1)Rage 17 - 23 Express(2-4)
(ORL): QB Wynn - 15/34 197 yards, 2 TDs, RB Fason - 17 carries, 87 yards, WR Lelie - 2 catches, 65 yards, 2 TDs
(MEM): QB Ramsey - 11/21 102 yards, 1 TD, RB Canidate - 23 carries, 165 yards, 1 TD, WR Calico - 4 catches, 50 yards

-- (3-3)Guardians 30 - 35 Ghosts(3-3)
(NY): QB Redman - 18/27 264 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Scobey - 10 carries, 65 yards, WR Williams - 3 catches, 70 yards, 1 TD, WR Givens - 4 catches, 50 yards
(COL): QB Germaine - 25/34 234 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Shelton - 17 carries, 111 yards, RB Clarett - 7 carries, 79 yards, 2 TDs, WR Furrey - 7 catches, 90 yards, WR Rambo - 5 catches, 33 yards, 2 TDs

-- (3-3)Commanders 14 - 38 Roughnecks(1-5)
(SA): QB Hutchinson - 28/40 222 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, RB Croom - 19 carries, 73 yards, 1 TD, WR Merritt - 8 catches, 59 yards, 1 TD, WR Woods - 7 catches, 64 yards
(OKC): QB Davey - 13/22 198 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Bell - 16 carries, 72 yards, 2 TDs, RB Anderson - 8 carries, 32 yards, 1 TD, WR Bowman - 5 catches, 116 yards, 1 TD

-- (4-2)Mammoths 38 - 23 Mountain Lions(3-3)
(OMA): QB Banks - 19/33 267 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Dayne - 19 carries, 112 yards, 1 TD, WR Kasper - 4 catches, 74 yards, 1 TD, WR Haygood - 4 catches, 65 yards, WR Hatchette - 6 catches, 67 yards, 1 TD
(SLC): QB O'Sullivan - 18/31 251 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Smith - 14 carries, 42 yards, WR Warren - 4 catches, 70 yards, WR Mitchell - 4 catches, 70 yards, 1 TD, TE Johnson - 4 catches, 68 yards

-- (4-2)Enforcers 27 - 16 Stars(2-4)
(CHI): QB Jackson - 24/36 271 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Galloway - 8 carries, 55 yards, 1 TD, WR Martin - 6 catches, 102 yards, 1 TD, TE Humphrey - 4 catches, 73 yards
(LA): QB Brink - 13/33 182 yards, 1 TD, RB Barlow - 7 carries, 39 yards, RB Foster - 13 carries, 45 yards, 1 TD, WR Copeland - 6 catches, 65 yards, 1 TD, WR Williams - 3 catches, 72 yards

-- (4-2)Force 23 - 30 Valor(2-4)
(OTT): QB Huard - 27/38 234 yards, 1 TD, RB Simonton - 18 carries, 64 yards, 1 TD, WR Watts - 3 catches, 88 yards, TE Ricks - 4 catches, 70 yards, 1 TD
(DC): QB McPherson - 16/28 220 yards, 3 TDs, RB Jackson - 30 carries, 71 yards, WR Gardner - 6 catches, 86 yards, WR Jones - 5 catches, 95 yards, 1 TD

Michael Vick: XFL Bound?

April 10, 2009

New York, NY - The XFL has sent mixed signals over the past year regarding its potential interest in quarterback Mike Vick. Initially, XFL commissioner Michael Huyghue was gung-ho on the possibility. He subsequently cooled on the proposition. But now the pendulum has swung back in the pro-Vick direction, possibly due to the general sense that public opinion favors giving Vick a second chance, despite his guilty plea to federal felony charges of conspiracy to engage in interstate gambling and interstate dogfighting, and his subsequent 21-month prison term.

“The chances of a XFL team signing Michael Vick to play the 2009 season are 98 percent. Michael's not going to be able to walk right back into the NFL, he's going to need some kind of buffer before he signs in the NFL, and we'll be able to provide that for him," said Huyghue. “One of the things that is important in our league is to showcase the quality of talent and the coaches, and to be able to show outstanding players who find themselves in this quagmire the NFL creates. “Michael Vick might be that kind of player because he is a phenomenal talent, but he needs transitioning back into the NFL. Also gaining as much widespread exposure for the league as possible might be addressed with Michael Vick.”

Regarding the league’s interest in Vick is the fact that the Washington franchise already has secured dibs on Vick, if/when he lands in the XFL. Not only would the XFL benefit from revenue with more publicity from Vick fans and the sports nation; but it would also help Vick prove to the naysayers about his athletic shape, and arm accuracy coming out of prison since he has not played a professional football game since December 31, 2006. “What he did was very wrong, and he paid his debt to society. He was a model inmate, otherwise he never would have made it out from prison early. We would love to add him to our team for the 2010 season," said Valor head coach Hue Jackson.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 am

XFL Week 8: Mountain Lions End Losing Streak With 33-20 Victory Over Dallas Desperados To Get Back To .500

April 14, 2009

Dallas, TX - Trailing by three points at halftime, the Mountain Lions didn't change their defensive philosophy in the second half of their XFL contest with the Dallas Desperados on Saturday. With the game tied at 13-13 with 5:55 left in the third quarter, Salt Lake's LB LaMarcus McDonald stripped QB Omar Jacobs of the ball and teammate LB Marcus Reese pounced on it at the Dallas 19-yard line. Salt Lake K Johnathan Ruffin hit his third field goal of the game from 24 yards away for a 16-13 lead with 2:37 remaining. The Mountain Lions didn't let up. On Dallas' next possession, Salt Lake DL Dave Tollefson sacked Jacobs for a five-yard loss, which jarred the ball loose. Tollefson outfought Dallas OL Al Johnson for the fumble, giving back to Salt Lake the ball on the Dallas 33-yard line. "He had it but I took it away," Tollefson admitted with a grin. "I just got up quickly with the ball." Salt Lake QB JT O'Sullivan found TE Teyo Johnson in the back of the end zone with 56 seconds remaining for the touchdown and a 23-13 lead. Dallas tried to rally. They drove 67 yards on seven plays, scoring on a fourth-and-goal from its one-yard line with 9:11 remaining on a touchdown pass from Jacobs to WR Reggie McNeal, who outjumped two defenders for the ball.

But Dallas' defense had been pushed too much on this day. Salt Lake marched 60 yards on 13 plays to take a 26-20 lead on Ruffin's 26-yard field goal with 2:29 remaining. When Dallas finally got the ball back, Jacobs was sacked twice by DL Jonathon Sullivan and the Desperados turned the ball over on downs. RB McCoo added a 16-yard touchdown run. "Any time, you turn the ball over four times and commit seven penalties, you're going to have a difficult time," Dallas coach Jerry Glanville said. "We came back in the fourth quarter and we played hard but we didn't get any points when we needed to down the stretch."

-- (3-4)Mountain Lions 33 - 20 Desperados(4-3)
(SLC): QB O'Sullivan - 21/31 376 yards, 2 TDs, RB McCoo - 12 carries, 70 yards, 1 TD, WR Mitchell - 6 catches, 139 yards, TE Johnson - 5 catches, 115 yards, 1 TD
(DAL): QB Jacobs - 19/26 232 yards, 2 TDs, RB Redmond - 10 carries, 73 yards, WR Johnson - 5 catches, 117 yards, WR McNeal - 4 catches, 43 yards, 1 TD

-- (5-2)Enforcers 22 - 6 Aztecs(3-4)
(CHI): QB Jackson - 21/28 195 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Herron - 14 carries, 92 yards, RB Perry - 12 carries, 86 yards, 1 TD, WR Martin - 6 catches, 102 yards
(MEX): QB Gray - 25/37 213 yards, RB Shipp - 10 carries, 40 yards, WR Nash - 8 catches, 65 yards

-- (2-5)Conquerors 20 - 38 Bandits(5-2)
(LV): QB Chang - 25/37 157 yards, 2 TDs, RB Dorsey - 13 carries, 44 yards, WR Robinson - 6 catches, 53 yards
(TB): QB Hamdan - 19/26 292 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Cobourne - 24 carries, 68 yards, RB Pittman - 9 carries, 49 yards, 1 TD, WR Gabriel - 4 catches, 104 yards, WR Jackson - 6 catches, 76 yards, 1 TD

-- (3-4)Valor 10 - 14 Express(3-4)
(DC): QB McPherson - 20/31 176 yards, RB Suggs - 10 carries, 37 yards, WR Gardner - 3 catches, 64 yards
(MEM): QB Ramsey - 23/27 221 yards, 2 TDs, RB Canidate - 29 carries, 43 yards, WR Berlin - 5 catches, 83 yards, 2 TDs, WR Calico - 4 catches, 49 yards

-- (2-5)Steel 7 - 48 Force(4-3)
(BIRM): QB Carter - 13/22 160 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Arrington - 9 carries, 43 yards, WR Mathis - 3 catches, 29 yards, 1 TD
(OTT): QB Huard - 21/30 229 yards, 3 TDs, RB Simonton - 17 carries, 170 yards, 1 TD, RB Robertson - 20 carries, 68 yards, 2 TDs, WR Looker - 6 catches, 61 yards

-- (5-2)Colonials 17 - 34 Ghosts(4-3)
(HART): QB Kittner - 18/23 201 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Hambrick - 14 carries, 18 yards, WR Biddle - 7 catches, 119 yards, 1 TD, WR Brackins - 6 catches, 74 yards
(COL): QB Germaine - 16/22 165 yards, 2 TDs, RB Shelton - 16 carries, 67 yards, 2 TDs, WR Furrey - 3 catches, 42 yards

-- (3-4)Commanders - Mammoths(5-2)
(SA): QB Hutchinson - 24/37 264 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, RB Toefield - 6 carries, 63 yards, 1 TD, WR Woods - 8 catches, 138 yards, 1 TD, WR Morgan - 4 catches, 59 yards, 1 TD
(OMA): QB Sorgi - 24/35 222 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Dayne - 25 carries, 31 yards, WR Haygood - 4 catches, 90 yards, 1 TD

-- (3-4)Guardians 20 - 17 Rage(5-2)
(NY): QB Redman - 17/36 280 yards, 1 TD, RB Scobey - 12 carries, 51 yards, 1 TD, WR Darling - 3 catches, 70 yards, WR Givens - 4 catches, 45 yards, 1 TD
(ORL): QB Wynn - 13/25 185 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Fason - 9 carries, 83 yards, WR Edwards - 5 catches, 69 yards, 1 TD, WR Lelie - 3 catches, 71 yards, 1 TD

-- (2-5)Roughnecks 27 - 9 Stars(2-5)
(OKC): QB Davey - 16/29 208 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, RB Anderson - 13 carries, 34 yards, WR Bellamy - 6 catches, 81 yards, 2 TDs, WR Bowman - 5 catches, 71 yards, WR Morey - 3 catches, 52 yards, 1 TD
(LA): QB Walter - 17/42 169 yards, 1 INT, RB Barlow - 8 carries, 28 yards, WR Copeland - 6 catches, 58 yards, WR Williams - 5 catches, 55 yards
Last edited by BengalErnst on Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BengalErnst

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football Dynasty Reports