XFL 2001

Re: XFL 2001

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:06 am

Alphas Hire Michael Vick and Brad Childress as Offensive Coaches

June 3, 2018

Atlanta, GA - Brad Childress was named the team's head coach and Michael Vick was tabbed the offensive coordinator. "I've always had a passion for teaching, a passion for coaching," Vick said. "When Brad called me about this opportunity, I felt like it was obviously something I couldn't pass up. This is his team. I'm just a guy here to help players develop. Obviously to dive into the offense and make suggestions, be a crutch for Coach, but we're going to follow his lead. When he thinks I'm ready I'll graduate to the next level along with everybody else."

XFL Week 15:

June 5, 2018

New York, NY -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:06 am

XFL Week 16:

June 12, 2018

New York, NY -

Childress Adds Experienced Group to Coach Alphas Along with Vick

June 15, 2018

Atlanta, GA - The Atlanta Alphas have named nine additional assistant coaches to join head coach Brad Childress' inaugural staff. Michael Vick had been previously announced as the Legends' offensive coordinator. The Alphas have added Kevin Coyle(DC), Jim Hofher(WRs), Pete Metzelaars(OL), John Johnson(RBs), Corey Woods(TEs) and Leroy Thompson(DL) to the coaching staff.

"This was a very unique opportunity for me to get back into coaching. I've been privileged in my 30-year coaching career to be around some of the top coaching minds," said Childress. "When I was looking to put together my staff in Atlanta, I wanted to find a good mix of experience. This group of coaches in Atlanta have coached and played in the NFL and coached and played in Arena football. These coaches are going to give our players a great opportunity to excel at each of their positions. Offensively, we're going to be a fast paced, up tempo variation of the west coast offense that Michael Vick played in and will now coach in, stretching people from sideline to sideline. Defensively, we're going to be physical and aggressive. We're going to have a fun brand of football for our Alphas fans."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:07 am

XFL Quarter-Final:

June 19, 2018

New York, NY -

XFL Semi-Final:

June 26, 2018

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:08 am

XFL Veterans Bowl:

July 10, 2018

New York, NY -

XFL Mega Bowl:

July 17, 2018

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:09 am

Year Eighteen Financial Report Released

August 1, 2018

New York, NY -

XFL Announces New Commissioner and Chairman of Executive Committee

August 10, 2018

New York, NY - The XFL announced the appointment of Bill Polian to be Commissioner and Randall Boe to be Chairman of the Executive Committee. As Commissioner, Polian will run the league office and oversee all league operations. As Chairman, Boe will oversee football operations with the goal of ensuring that the caliber of play meets and exceeds the highest standards. "Together, Randall and I are committed to developing the best fan experience for all football fans, and to keep the XFL as one of the most cutting edge, technologically-advanced games in sports," said Polian. "We are excited to bring in new partners to continue to grow and evolve this innovative league."

"I am proud to continue working closely with some of the hardest working players I've ever been fortunate enough to work with," said Boe. "Our game is fast, exciting and constantly finding new ways to integrate the latest technology in everything we do."

Boe and Polian are succeeding Scott Butera, who is stepping down to become the CEO of MGM Resorts International. "The XFL is an outstanding organization that provides cutting edge fan experiences," said Butera. "I am proud of our team's ability to develop a platform for growth by creating financial stability and recruiting world class team ownership. I am fully confident in the league's future success and ability to be the most innovative organization in sports. I will now be dedicated to the world of gambling."

XFL Names Doug Whaley SVP, Football Operations

August 18, 2018

New York, NY - The XFL announced that Doug Whaley, former General Manager of the NFL's Buffalo Bills, has been named the league's Senior Vice President, Football Operations. "Based on his passion for all aspects of football, his intellect and vast experience as an NFL General Manager, we believe that Doug is the perfect choice to lead the XFL's Football Operations," said XFL Commissioner Bill Polian. "The quality of the on-field product is paramount to the XFL's success, and Doug, who is tech-savvy and a firm believer in analytics, brings football credibility and a strong work ethic to the team. I'm excited to begin working with him."

"I would like to thank Vince, Dick and Mark for giving me the opportunity to help continue bringing their vision for the XFL to life," said Whaley. "I'm excited an look forward to making this challenge a reality."

XFL Will Make “concerted effort” to Diversify Officiating Staff

August 21, 2018

New York, NY - The NFL hired Sarah Thomas as an on-field official in 2015. She remains the lone female on-field official in the NFL. The XFL will make a “concerted effort” to diversify its officiating staff, Dean Blandino. Blandino, the former NFL officiating senior vice president, serves as a consultant with the XFL in charge of rules and recruitment.

“We’re trying to create more opportunities for female officials and minority officials,” Blandino said. “The XFL is going to be a showcase for officials all over the country to get more looks and potentially have the NFL look at them. So we’re going to put together an inclusive officiating staff.”

Bob Stoops Named Head Coach of Oklahoma City Roughnecks

August 25, 2018

Oklahoma City, OK - The XFL announced that Bob Stoops, the winningest head coach in University of Oklahoma history, has been named head coach of the XFL team in Oklahoma City. "We're incredibly excited to have an individual as accomplished as Bob Stoops join the XFL family," said Bill Polian, XFL Commissioner. "Bob's achievements at Oklahoma are legendary, and he's the perfect person to lead our team in Oklahoma City. Having a coach as successful as Bob take over our franchise is extremely exciting."

"I'm looking forward to working with Vince McMahon, Oliver Luck and the great group of people they've put together to build an outstanding team for fans in the Oklahoma City area," said Stoops. "When the chance to play a key role in building a football team came my way I couldn't pass it up. The style of play in this league will allow us to innovate and refresh the game, and that makes me excited to get back to the sideline again."

Butera, MGM and the XFL Partner on Sports Betting Technology

September 12, 2018

Las Vegas, NV - MGM Resorts International and the XFL, have entered into a transaction that includes an investment in the XFL and a three-year sponsorship establishing MGM Resorts as the official sports betting sponsor of the league and exclusive gaming partner. For MGM Resorts, the investment represents its forward-looking view on the combination of live sports, real-time second generation stats, and fan engagement, either for fun or for those who may choose to wager. The XFL's new technology is revolutionary and will create a state-of-the-art experience for fans. "We are excited to team with the XFL on this unprecedented partnership, which allows us to fully engage with fans and revolutionize the fan experience," said MGM CEO, Scott Butera. "We look forward to expanding our customer base into the XFL and sports betting opportunity."

For the XFL, the partnership aligns the league with the best gaming operator in the country and gives the sports entity the ability to utilize MGM Resort's vast experience and industry-leading operations with mobile gaming. When the XFL takes the first snap for the 2019 season, fans will be able to stream XFL matchups for free through our first-of-its-kind App, while accessing integrated gaming with real rewards, and now, in states where sports gambling is legal, sports betting platform owned and operated by MGM GVC Interactive will provide fans with in-game wagering while also still providing traditional sports betting. "Our focus was always to bring together best-in-class partners to build a spring football league that would change the landscape of professional sports," said Dick Ebersol, XFL co-founder, "We realized our overall mission and vision were in complete alignment with MGM. As one of the world's largest and most successful gaming companies, and an industry leader in innovation, together we can revolutionize the sports wagering experience for fans in a way that's never been done before. I'm proud to welcome them as an XFL investor.

XFL Will have Enhanced in-game Betting

September 25, 2018

New York, NY - The future of gambling has found its home, the XFL. The XFL's in-house tech team has built a gambling product that not only will allow the gambler to watch a game on an app while betting on it on the same screen, it will also allow the league's exclusive gaming partner to better price the in-game odds by building a data set that correlates the likelihood of a certain bet winning.

Charlie Ebersol, Director of Football Technology, had in mind the idea of building a separate tech business alongside the league. While Ebersol effusively talked about gambling, he did not reveal that his team was building a robust product that would immediately bolster interest in the league. That revelation, which comes this week, makes it more clear why certain investors wanted in, including the Chernin Group, which owns the sports betting site and app The Action Network; tech investor Keith Rabois; and Brian Singerman from the Founders Fund.

"What's great for us is the access, provided that it's single entity, all the teams and venues are all aligned and there isn't any union issues," said Scott Butera, MGM's CEO who was formerly the commissioner of the XFL. The latter point is important because the league and MGM will put wearables on players to collect second-generation stats that will be used to better assess odds for in-game betting. Pro sports unions have strongly opposed the use of sharing any information from wearable data with outside parties.

"We'll collect the data and then be able to have the algorithm sort out what is relevant," Ebersol said, giving an example of a quarterback's greater chance of throwing an interception based on a certain amount of ball speed on his throws. After taking in the data from the tech on the field, the numbers are crunched and new odds are immediately set. Gamblers, Butera said, will also be able to bet on the data itself, including speed on the field and speed of the ball, among other things.

Ebersol also says that the opportunity exists to allow the league to disproportionately pay players whose prop bets are bet on more, as MGM has promised to share its betting data with the league. "In our system, there's really a limitless cap on what a player can make," Ebersol said. "Money from the amount of bets placed on them is one of the ways."

Butera said he can imagine the tech the XFL is creating to one day be used by other sport leagues and bookmakers. "It's why we didn't just sponsor it, we invested in it," Butera said.

Landry Jones is the First Pick in the XFL Supplemental Draft

October 2, 2018

New York, NY - The career of former Steelers backup quarterback Landry Jones isn’t over yet. The XFL announced that Jones was the first overall selection in the Supplemental Draft by the Oklahoma City Roughnecks. “We’re excited to welcome Landry to the Roughnecks,” Bob Stoops, Roughnecks head coach, said. “He’s an accomplished athlete with outstanding college credentials and pro experience, and his heart and desire to play football epitomizes the type of individual we want. He can still sling the ball, and just is in good shape, maybe not prime like he had been, but he’ll work himself back into shape. But he can still throw the football as well as anybody and has worked in our offense before, so I think Landry will have a really good future with us.”

“I’m looking forward to joining the XFL and playing the game I love,” Jones said. “I can’t wait to suit up.”

CFL Partners with LFA, GFL and XL for Developmental Purposes

December 18, 2018

Atlanta, GA - CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie announced this morning that the league would be focusing on expanding the game of football internationally. Ambrosie announced that the CFL has partnered with the Professional American Football League of Mexico (LFA), the German Football League (GFL) and the Japanese X-League, allowing all three leagues to serve as developmental leagues for the CFL.

The CFL also announced that they would be expanding their rosters to allow for two designated active roster international players along with three practice squad international players that wouldn't count against the league's salary cap. Diego Viamontes, the reigning MVP of the LFA, would be the first international player signed to the league as he would be joining the Edmonton Eskimos for the 2019 season as a WR/KR.

CFL Coach Jim Barker Calls XFL Quarterbacks ‘Hamburgers’, Says Maddox Better

January 3, 2019

Toronto, ONTARIO, CANADA - Long time CFL coach Jim Barker thinks the XFL’s QB’s are below par. “Who wants to go watch some of the hamburgers they have playing quarterback?” Barker said. “Johnny Manziel is fun to watch, he's an interesting guy, but I don’t know if you’ll ever see him in the NFL again. Barker knows a little bit about the XFL. He was the offensive coordinator for the Los Angeles Stars in 2001. XFL legend Tommy Maddox won XFL Player of the Year and the XFL Championship that year with Barker.

“The only XFL quarterback I can think of who made any kind of impact was Tommy Maddox, who played for us. When you don’t have identifiable players that people say, ‘You know what? I want to go see that,’ it’s tough,” Barker said. “It’s like minor league baseball. They move their franchises around because people lose interest because it’s not stars. “People aren’t going to continue to pay money to go watch the players they have playing.” If XFL quarterbacks were burgers, it doesn’t sound like Barker would go back for seconds.

Brad Childress steps down as coach of Alphas

January 20, 2019

Atlanta, GA - The Atlanta Alphas announced that Brad Childress has stepped down before coaching his first game for the team. No reason was given for the former Vikings head coach’s decision to move on at this point. Defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle will take over as the team’s head coach.

“I appreciate this opportunity that the XFL has given me to work with our 75 players as head coach and prepare them for the upcoming season,” Coyle said. “I have learned a lot from Brad and I am thankful for his support in this journey. I look forward to putting together a team that Atlanta can be proud to support and bring the city a championship.”

"Coach Childress has stepped away from his role as head coach of the Atlanta Alphas," XFL head of football operations J.K. McKay said. "We are grateful for his leadership, contribution to the XFL, and wish him well in his next endeavor.

XFL Reiterates its Willingness to Sign Players Not Eligible for NFL

January 22, 2019

New York, NY - XFL Commissioner Bill Polian reiterated the position that the XFL can, and presumably will, pursue players who aren’t yet eligible for the NFL. “We certainly believe that we have the ability to sign a guy that’s been out of high school for a year or two years or has played college ball and for whatever reason, academic ineligibility or needs to make some money or is transferring, doesn’t want to sit out a year,” Polian said. “We think there’s the possibility of taking some of those guys. I can almost guarantee that we’ll take a deep look into a lot players who might be two years or one year out of high school.”

The first candidate could be Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence, who remains two years away from eligibility for the NFL draft. He could spend one more year at Clemson, and then join the XFL next February. Alternatively, he could skip the 2019 college season, play and get paid in the XFL for 2019, 2020 and 2021, and head straight to the draft.

CFL Free Agency Begins Next Week

January 23, 2019

New York, NY - The Canadian Football League's free agency market opens in one week on February 6th. When asked his thoughts on whether he was worried about the XFL, the CFL Commissioner Jeffrey Orridge said, “The XFL is a great minor league in America, but we don't believe they're on our level. We're an established league that has been around since 1958. We have staying power. Our players know we'll still be around next year. There is no doubt that the XFL has spent the money on big name coaches to coach big name past their prime Quarterbacks. However, we believe we have greater talent here and we pay our stars as such. Some of our fringe players may sign down there, but our top guys will stay in Canada, I believe.”

XFL Commissioner Scott Butera also commented on the CFL's Free Agency, "Our rosters are pretty complete at this point in time. We won't go out of our way to negotiate with any players from the CFL but if those players reach out to us, we will listen. They are free agents and will be treated as such."

Jalen Hurts Transfers to the XFL

January 26, 2019

Houston, TX - Former University of Alabama Quarterback Jalen Hurts announced via social media that he would be forgoing his last year of eligibility to sign with his hometown Houston Stampede of the XFL. Hurts decided to sign a one year contract for $1M with the Stampede over the possibility of transferring to the University of Oklahoma, where many people believed he would be going to follow in the footsteps of QBs Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray. Hurts also stated he intended to enter the 2019 NFL Draft following a successful XFL season.

XFL has One Focus in CFL Free Agency

January 27, 2019

New York, NY - The league's focus during the CFL Free Agency was pretty clear. Find the young premier talent in the league and bring them back to the states. All of the signings the XFL made were under the age of 26 or they played in the trenches which is always focus point for the league.

The Memphis Express signed LB Micah Awe, #24 overall Free Agent, #2 LB. Columbus Ghosts signed LB Jovan Santos-Knox, #20 overall, #1 LB and WR Duron Carter, #18 overall, #6 WR and DL Kwaku Boateng, #8 overall, #3 DL. Omaha Mammoths signed OL SirVincent Rogers, #20 overall, #4 OL. Cologne Defenders signed LB Don Unamba, #15 overall, #3 DB. Philadelphia Brawlers signed DB Jonathan Rose, #12 overall, #2 DB. Tampa Bay Bandits signed OL Sukh Chungh, #9 overall, #2 OL and OL Matthias Goossen, #5 overall, #1 OL and the New York Guardians signed WR/KR Brandon Burks, #4 overall, #1 WR.

Michael Vick now Taking Non-Coaching Role in XFL

February 5, 2019

Atlanta, GA - The former Pro Bowl quarterback is now taking on a new role, still in the league, but away from coaching. "Vick is instead taking on a role in the league's administrative body. It was an unusual set of circumstances in that Mike had accepted a role with Brad Childress early on as an offensive coach, as an offensive coordinator," XFL Commissioner Bill Polian said. "And then with Brad's sudden departure, things, they kind of just, they got hard. I can't thank the Atlanta franchise enough for pulling through the hard times. But circling back to Mike, his role is going to change. You can appreciate the difficulty from a place he was put into. His role is going to change and we spoke to Mike over the past couple days and he's going to move over and assume a league role along with Hines Ward in player development. That's the best place for him."

"Because of the timing thing, it wasn't possible for him to come in and take an active role with respect to the offense," Alphas head coach Kevin Coyle said. "So Mike and I both agreed in a conversation last night that let's just take a deep breath and let's kind of embrace the league, embrace the experience and we'll see where the coaching opportunities are down the road."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 17 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:46 am

XFL 2019 Roster Update

February 14, 2019

2018 Recap -

2019 Dallas Renegades - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Bryce Petty, RBs Phillip Tanner, Joseph Randle, Tony Fiammetta, WRs Shaquelle Evans, Josh Boyce, Terrance Williams and Brice Butler, TEs Jace Amaro, OL Luke Joeckel, Jonathan Cooper, Lamar Holmes, Johnnie Troutman, JD Walton, Forrestal Hickman, DL Jackson Jeffcoat, Ja'Gared Davis, Phil Taylor, Trevardo Williams and Corey Lemonier, LBs Samuel Eguavoen, Martrell Spaight, Marquis Flowers, Tyler Starr, Telvin Smith and Jacquian Williams, DBs Jamar Wall, Monshadrik Hunter, Delvin Breaux, Troy Stoudermire, Ahmad Dixon and Derrick Kindred, P Richie Leone and K Garrett Hartley

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Los Angeles Breakers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Lindley and Sean Renfree, RBs Devante Mays, Stepfan Taylor, Kapri Bibbs and Antonio Andrews, WRs Vincent Brown, Bud Sasser, Jordan Payton, Damian Williams, Mike Williams, TEs Mychal Rivera, Randall Telfer and David Morgan, OL, DL Da'Quan Bowers, Kendall Reyes, JR Tavai, Sione Fua, George Uko, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Kevin Dodd, LBs Tristan Okpalaugo, Sio Moore, Su'a Cravens, Alex Hoffman-Ellis and Josh Carraway, DBs TJ McDonald, Bene Benwikere, Anthony Orange, Alden Darby, Kyrie Wilson, Mykkele Thompson, Marqueston Huff and Leon McQuay

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Mexico City Aztecs - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs John Wolford, Dalton Sturm and Trevor Knight, RB Jhurell Pressley, CJ Gable, John Crockett, Justin Stockton and Tim Cook, WRs Marquis Bundy, Deion Holliman, Freddie Martino, Richard Mullaney, Rashad Ross and Anthony Amos, TEs Gerald Christian, Thomas Duarte and Connor Hamlett, OL Josh Allen, Alex Balducci, Malcolm Bunche, Andrew Lauderdale, Patrick Lewis, Hugh Thornton, Pierce Burton, Jacob Ohnesorge and Brant Weiss, DL Trenton Thompson, Olubunmi Rotimi, Siupeli Anau, Will Sutton, Dylan Wynn and Rykeem Yates, LBs Steve Beauharnais, Carl Bradford, Kaelin Burnett, Obum Gwacham, Steven Johnson, Nyles Morgan, Edmond Morgan, Sione Teuhema and Scooby Wright, DBs Kamari Cotton-Moya, Erick Dargan, Dexter McDougle, Rahim Moore, Sterling Moore, Robert Nelson, Shaquille Richardson and Kieron Williams, P Jeff Locke and K Nick Folk

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Omaha Mammoths - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Keith Wenning, Jeremiah Briscoe and Tanner Lee, RBs Knile Davis, Chris Ogbonnaya, Montee Ball and Roy Helu, WRs Jared Abbrederis, Aaron Burbridge, Keshawn Martin, TEs Ryan Taylor, Tony Moeaki and AJ Derby, OL SirVincent Rogers, Jermarcus Hardrick, Peter Konz, Christian Westerman, Russell Bodine, DL Brandin Bryant, Craig Roh, Michael Buchanan, Faith Ekakitie, Bobby Richardson, Nikita Whitlock and Jason Neill, LBs AJ Edds, DBs Robert Priester, Alfonzo Dennard, Shaun Prater, Brock Vereen, Daimion Stafford

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 San Antonio Commanders - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Logan Woodside, Dustin Vaughan and Marquise Williams, RBs Kenneth Farrow, David Cobb, Aaron Green and Trey Williams, WRs Demarcus Ayers, John Diarse, MeKale McKay, Alonzo Moore, Daniel Braverman, Darius Prince and Greg Ward, TE Cameron Clear, Cole Hunt and Evan Rodriguez, OL Brian Folkerts, Dillon DeBoer, Spencer Drango, Mason Gentry, Jaryd Jones-Smith, Fred Lauina, Andrew McDonald, Cyril Richardson and Maea Teuhema, DL Ashaad Mabry, Richard Ash, Deion Barnes, Winston Craig, Matthew Godwin, Joey Mbu and Arthur Miley, LBs Jayrone Elliott, Tyrone Holmes, Joel Lanning, Austin Larkin, Nick Temple, Darnell Leslie and Shaan Washington, DBs Darryl Morris, De'Vante Bausby, Kurtis Drummond, Zach Sanchez, Derron Smith, Jordan Holland, Derron Smith, Duke Thomas and Orion Stewart, P Joseph Zema and K Nick Rose

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Chicago Enforcers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Kyle Lauletta, Jordan Lynch and Danny Etling, RBs Jeremy Langford, Akeem Shavers, Daniel Thomas and Marcus Murphy, WRs Davaris Daniels, Marcus Easley, Kevin Norwood, Jeremy Gallon, Jordan Williams-Lambert, Amara Darboh and Jehu Chesson, TEs Troy Niklas and Dion Sims, OL Brian Schwenke, Rees Odhiambo, Sam Jones, Chris Watt, Khaled Holmes, Fou Fonoti, Isiah Cage and Gabe Carimi, DL Jhaustin Thomas, Freddie Bishop, Mike Martin, Scott Crichton, Woody Baron, LBs Tyrice Beverette, Antwione Williams, Martez Wilson, DBs Tre Roberson, Maurice Fleming, Charles Gaines, Jalil Brown, Taurean Nixon and Lorenzo Doss, P and K

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Memphis Express - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Brandon Weeden, Logan Kilgore and TJ Yates, RBs Bryce Brown, Khiry Robinson and Orleans Darkwa, WRs Justin Hunter, Denarius Moore, Trindon Holiday, Dezmin Lewis and Carlos Henderson, TEs Mickey Shuler and Michael Roberts, OL Shon Coleman, Jason Fox, Trevon Tate, DL Drake Nevis, Lavar Edwards, Frank Kearse, Tourek Williams, David King, Curt Maggitt and Marvin Austin, LBs Micah Awe, Wynton McManis, Neiron Ball, Nico Johnson, DBs Nick Marshall, Leon McFadden, Duke Williams, Dwayne Gratz, Alex Carter and Craig Mager

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Salt Lake City Mountain Lions - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs BJ Daniels, Josh Woodrum and Austin Allen, RBs Matt Asiata, Branden Oliver, Terron Ward and Joel Bouagnon, WRs Kaelin Clay, Kenny Bell, Adonis Jennings, Sam Mobley, Jordan Leslie, De'Mornay Pierson-El and Brian Tyms, TEs Nick Truesdell, Austin Traylor and Anthony Denham, OL Jake Bennett, Nick Callender, Ryan Cummings, Austin Davis, Tim Gardner, Leon Johnson, Tuni Kanuch, Jeremiah Poutasi and Salesi Uhatafe, DL Darius Hamilton, Chris Odom, Tenny Palepoi, Mike Purcell, Karter Schult, Sealver Siliga and Handsome Tanielu, LBs Josh Banderas, Luke Carrezola, Greer Martini, Trevor Reilly, Ty Schwab and John Timu, DBs Cody Brown, Ciante Evans, Will Davis, Micah Hannemann, Jeremiah Johnson, CJ Smith, Jordan Sterns, Keith McGill, Steve Williams and Henri Toliver, P Austin Rehkow and K Taylor Bertolet

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Oklahoma City Roughnecks - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Landry Jones, James Franklin and Mitchell Gale, RBs Kendall Hunter and Allen Bradford, WRs Dorial Green-Beckham, Ryan Broyles, Armanti Edwards, Tevin Reese and Marc Mariani, TEs CJ Fiedorowicz, OL Chance Warmack, Travis Swanson, David Yankey, DL Frank Alexander, Louis Nix, Ed Stinson, Jamarkus McFarland, David Bass and Elijah Qualls, LBs Gerald Rivers, Sean Porter, Nick Moody, DBs Isaiah Frey, Justin Gilbert, Vinnie Sunseri, Lonnie Ballentine, Marcus Cooper and Treston Decoud

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Houston Stampede - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Jalen Hurts, Brock Osweiler and Jake Rudock, RBs Charles Sims and Cyrus Gray, WRs Jaelen Strong, Juron Criner and Vince Mayle, TEs Anthony McCoy, Rob Housler and Crockett Gilmore, OL Ryker Mathews, Cody Wichmann, Bryan Stork, DL Eric Striker, Jordan Hill, Ego Ferguson, Ryan Russell, LBs Tobi Antigha, Danny Mason, Randell Johnson, Cornelius Washington, Kennan Gilchrist and Travis Lewis, DBs Qudarius Ford, Jamell Fleming, Tray Walker, Andre Hal, Dee Milliner, Eric Pinkins and Dexter McDonald, P and K

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Seattle Dragons - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Jimmy Clausen, Bryan Bennett and Garrett Grayson, RBs LaMichael James, Mike Gillislee, WRs TJ Graham, Austin Pettis, Tommy Streeter, Marquess Wilson, Moritz Boehringer and Nick Toon, TEs Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Beau Sandland and Bear Pascoe, OL Jake Fisher, William Campbell, Isaac Asiata, DL Cleyon Laing, Larry Webster and Deon Simon, LBs Adam Bighill, Justin Tuggle, Casey Matthews, Tyrone Holmes, DBs Winston Rose, Jonathan Dowling, Brandon Ghee, Demetri Goodson, RJ Stanford and Kenneth Acker, P Ty Long and K

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Cologne Defenders - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Ryan Mallett, David Watford and Alek Torgerson, RBs Ka'Deem Carey, Elijah McGuire, Cameron Marshall and Tre Madden, WRs Dominique Rhymes, Neal Sterling and Tiquan Underwood, TEs Malcolm Johnson and Taylor Thompson, OL Ryan Seymour, Sebastian Tretola, DL Cam Johnson, Erik Lorig, Bjoern Werner, LBs Don Unamba, Dontay Moch, Jordan Tripp, Jeremiah George and Aaron Wallace, DBs Bacarri Rambo, Trey Caldwell, Jonathan Meeks, Tharold Simon

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 St. Louis Stallions - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Paxton Lynch, Montell Cozart and Alex McGough, RBs Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham, Christion Jones and Daryl Richardson, WRs Brian Quick, Kolby Listenbee, J'Mon Moore and Stacy Coley, TEs MarQueis Gray, Niles Paul, OL Takoby Cofield, DL Darius Allen, Jonathan Newsome, Michael Wakefield, Zach Moore, Chad Geter and David Parry, LBs, DBs Forrest Hightower, Dominique Franks, Joshua Holsey, Michael Tyson and David Amerson

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Orlando Rage - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Garrett Gilbert, Austin Appleby and Stephen Morris, RBs Akeem Hunt, D'Ernest Johnson, De'Veon Smith and Ryan Green, WRs Donteea Dye, Rannell Hall, Ishmael Hyman, Charles Johnson, Jalin Marshall and Chris Thompson, TEs Scott Orndoff, Sean Price and Matt Weiser, OL Quinterrius Eatmon, Aaron Evans, Tre Jackson, Marquis Lucas, Chris Martin, Jordan McCray, Ronald Patrick and Andrew Tiller, DL Kellen Soulek, Josh Banks, Izaah Burks, Anthony Moten, Giorgio Newberry, Leon Orr and Jerel Worthy, LBs Andrew Ankrah, Christian French, Terrence Garvin, Ronald Powell, Cory James, Terrance Plummer, Reggie Northrup, Earl Okine and Terrance Parks, DBs Bryce Canady, Jerome Couplin, Josh Evans, LaDarius Gunter, Will Hill, Deji Olatoye, Keith Reaser, Cody Riggs and Marquez White, P Ben Turk and K Elliott Fry

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Birmingham Steel - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Tahj Boyd, Blake Sims, Luis Perez and Keith Price, RBs Trent Richardson, Ty Isaac, Brandon Ross and Marshaun Coprich, WRs ArDarius Stewart, Quan Bray, Tobais Palmer, Quinton Patton, L'Damian Washington, Jamal Robinson and Amba Etta-Tawo, TEs Braedon Bowman, Wes Saxton and Colin Thompson, OL Michael Dunn, Larson Graham, Brandon Greene, Jylan Ware, JC Hassenauer, Dominick Jackson, Korren Kirven, Matt McCants, Kitt O'Brien and Avery Young, DL Quinton Dial, Joshua Frazier, Lawrence Okoye, Rickey Hatley, Johnny Maxey, Casey Sayles and Jeremy Faulk, LBs Aaron Adeoye, Beniquez Brown, Xzavier Dickson, Kris Frost, Johnathan Massaquoi, Shaheed Salmon, Ike Spearman and Devin Taylor, DBs Christian Bryant, Max Redfield, Elijah Campbell, Chris Davis, Joe Powell, JaCorey Shepherd, Jamar Summers, Bradley Sylve, Trovon Reed and Jack Tocho, P Colton Schmidt and K Nick Novak

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 New York Guardians - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Josh Freeman and Rakeem Cato, RBs James Starks, Lache Seastrunk and Edwin Baker, WRs Brandon Burks, Hakeem Nicks and Rueben Randle, TEs James Casey, OL Derek Dennis, Jarron Jones, Julian Vandervelde, Dariusz Bladek and John Urschel, DL Cavon Walker, Jake Ceresna, Jamaal Westerman, Quinton Coples, Kapron Lewis-Moore, Corey Wootton, LBs Khaseem Greene, James-Michael Johnson, DBs Will Blackmon, Brandon Boykin, Jaiquawn Jarrett, David Caldwell and Derrick Jones

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Columbus Ghosts - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Matt McGloin, Isaac Harker and Jonathon Jennings, RBs Dan Herron, WRs Duron Carter, Evan Spencer, Kenbrell Thompkins, Mardy Gilyard, Diontae Spencer and Braxton Miller, TEs James Hanna, OL Cameron Jefferson, Reid Fragel, Jacques McClendon, DL Kwaku Boateng, Davon Coleman, Brian Mihalik, Xavier Cooper and Michael Bennett, LBs Jovan Santos-Knox, Kavell Conner, Lamin Barrow, DBs Calvin Pryor, Josh Bush, Cooper Taylor, D'Joun Smith, Quinten Rollins, Johnny Adams, Julian Posey and Deiondre' Hall, P and K

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Washington Valor - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Cardale Jones, William Arndt, RBs Terrance West, WRs Stedman Bailey, Aaron Dobson, Corey Fuller, Ace Sanders, TEs, OL Travis Bond, Jon Asamoah, Derek Sherrod, DL Jay Bromley, Jason Worilds, Brandon Deaderick, Jaye Howard, Greg Scruggs, LBs Marcus Ball, Sam Barrington, DBs Ed Gainey, William Likely, Chandler Fenner, Branden Dozier, Matt Elam, Kamrin Moore

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Tampa Bay Bandits - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs EJ Manuel, Tim Tebow and Brad Kaaya, RBs Karlos Williams, Storm Johnson and Kiero Small, WRs Leonard Hankerson, AJ Jenkins, Rashad Greene, Charone Peake, Riley Cooper and Andre DeBose, TEs Richard Gordon, OL Matthias Goossen and Sukh Chungh, DL Markus Kuhn, Corvey Irvin, LBs Korey Toomer, Bear Woods, Mike Mohamed, Zaviar Gooden and Josh Forrest, DBs Anthony Cioffi, Anthony Gaitor, Chris Culliver, Jayron Hosley

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Ottawa Force - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Zach Mettenberger, Brandon Silvers and Christian Hackenberg, RBs Anthony Dixon, Zach Stacy, Kenny Hilliard and Terrence Magee, WRs Chris Givens, Josh Huff, Kayaune Ross, Devin Lucien, Dontez Byrd, Fabian Guerra, Drew Morgan, Reece Horn, Dan Williams and Gerrard Sheppard, TE Adrien Robinson, Brandon Barnes and Colin Jeter, OL Ty Allen, Daronte Bouldin, Anthony Morris, Christian Morris, Robert Myers, Ucambre Williams, Dallas Thomas, Tayo Fabuluje, Logan Tulley-Tillman and Toby Weathersby, DL Martin Ifedi, Sam Montgomery, Montori Hughes, Anthony Johnson, Corey Vereen, Julius Warmsley and Cory Crawford, LBs Freddie Bishop, DeMarquis Gates, Quentin Gause, Andrew Jackson and Davis Tull, DBs Terrell Bonds, Jonathan Cook, Charles James, Colton Jumper, Channing Stribling and Arnold Tarpley, P Ryan Winslow and K Austin MacGinnis

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Philadelphia Brawlers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Connor Cook, Greg McGhee and Ryan Nassib, RBs Lorenzo Taliaferro, Da'Rel Scott and Bernard Pierce, WRs Dri Archer, Da'Ron Brown, Markeith Ambles, Devin Street and Greg Salas, TEs Clay Harbor, OL Demetrius Rhaney, Eric Lofton, Brandon Mosley, David Molk, Barrett Jones, DL Kony Ealy, Avery Ellis, Julian Howsare, DeAngelo Tyson, Montori Hughes, Devon Still, Quanterus Smith, LBs Simoni Lawrence, Avery Williams, Emmanuel Acho, Jamar Chaney and Amarlo Herrera, DBs Jonathan Rose, Jabari Price, Jemea Thomas, Tommie Campbell and Sherrod Baltimore

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 London Crusaders - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Brandon Doughty and Jerod Evans, RBs Donald Brown, William Stanback, WRs Bralon Addison, Kamar Jorden, Caleb Holley, DeAndre Smelter, Kealoha Pilares and James Wright, TEs, OL Menelik Watson, Randy Richards, DL Will Clarke, Jonathan Massaquoi, Armonty Bryant, Mike Catapano, LBs Dexter McCoil, Josh Kaddu, Arthur Brown, DBs Javier Arenas, Otha Foster, Abdul Kanneh and Jeremy Clark

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Berlin Bolts - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Cody Kessler, Philip Nelson and Mike Bercovici, RB Rashad Jennings, Darius Jackson, Bishop Sankey, Terrell Watson and Ja'Quan Gardner, WRs Isaiah Burse, Dontez Ford, Shay Fields, Isaiah Burse, Laquvionte Gonzalez, Francis Owusu and Nelson Spruce, TEs Marcus Baugh, Ladarius Green and Gavin Escobar, OL John Montelus, Daniel Brunskill, Brett Boyko, Phillip Norman, Jeremiah Kolone, Damien Mama, Beau Nunn and Terry Poole, DL Alex Barrett, Damontre Moore, Myles Nash, Gelen Robinson, Shakir Soto, Andrew Stelter, Tani Tupou and Aaron Jackson, LBs Travis Feeney, Frank Ginda, John Lotulelei, Eric Pinkins and AJ Tarpley, DBs Jude Adjei-Barimah, Ron Brooks, Xavier Coleman, Greg Ducre, Kendall James, Kameron Kelly, Ryan Moeller, Damarius Travis and Demetrius Wright, P Sam Irwin-Hill and K Donny Hageman

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Pittsburgh Maulers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Tom Savage, Chris Streveler and Dominique Davis, RBs Daniel Lasco and Khalfani Muhammad, WRs Markus Wheaton, Cobi Hamilton, Ricardo Louis and Jeff Janis, TEs Arthur Lynch, OL TJ Johnson, TJ Clemmings, Byron Stingily, Andy Gallik, Tanner Hawkinson, Corey Robinson and Adam Bisnowaty, DL Bennie Logan, Adolphus Washington, Christo Bilukidi, Jerrell Powe, Malliciah Goodman, Ejuan Price, LBs Larry Dean, Khairi Fortt, Blair Brown, Prince Shembo and Michael Mauti, DBs Loucheiz Purifoy, Prince Charles Iworah, Jonathon Mincy, Jumal Rolle, Phillip Thomas, Earl Wolff, Nat Berhe and Mitchell White

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Baltimore Brigade - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Jake Locker, Clayton Thorson and Shane Carden, RB Eddie Lacy, Zac Brooks, Stevan Ridley and Jordan Todman, WRs Greg Little, Jerrel Jernigan, Kris Durham, Tavarres King and Michael Campanaro, TEs Jordan Cameron and Rob Blanchflower, OL Vinston Painter, Tayo Fabuluje, Luke Bowanko, DL Alameda Ta'amu, Shaneil Jenkins, Adrian Tracy, Terrence Cody and Dominique Easley, LBs Jelani Jenkins, Dadi Nicolas, DBs DaShaun Amos, Crezdon Butler, Martese Jackson, Ras-I Dowling, Chris Cook, Steve Williams, Demetrius McCray and Josh Evans, P and K

2019 Preview -

2018 Recap -

2019 Atlanta Alphas - HC Kevin Coyle, OC, DC, GM, QBs Matt Simms, Justin Holman and Aaron Murray, RBs Tarean Folston, Lawrence Pittman, Bronson Hill, Denard Robinson and Akrum Wadley, WRs Montay Crockett, Bug Howard, Malachi Jones, Seantavius Jones, Ervin Philips and James Quick, TEs Keith Towbridge, Jake Sutherland and Charles Standberry, OL John Kling, Tony Adams, Freddie Burden, Ulrick John, Chase Farris, Avery Gennesy, Jared Machorro, Isaiah Williams and Trae Moxley, DL Tavaris Barnes, TJ Barnes, David Dean, JT Jones, Antonio Simmons and Tracy Sprinkle, LBs Khalil Bass, Dylan Donahue, KeShun Freeman, Kerron Johnson, Jeff Luc, Ed Shockley and Brandon Watts, DBs Tyson Graham, Quincy Mauger, Dezmen Southward, Donatello Brown, Doran Grant, Darius Hillary, Dwayne Hollis, Desmond Lawrence, Ed Reynolds and Damian Swann, P Cameron Nizialek and K Younghoe Koo

2019 Preview -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:45 pm, edited 56 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:49 am

NFL Discussing Loaning QBs, Other Players to XFL

February 20, 2019

New York, NY - XFL Commissioner Bill Polian has been to the mountaintop in the NFL, and now the Pro Football Hall of Famer's encore act is to help players reach their highest potentials through the XFL. Polian disclosed that the NFL and XFL might be coming together for that cause in an official capacity. Polian said, "talk is ramping up" surrounding the NFL loaning players to the XFL. "Those discussions will continue but whether they bear fruit remains to be seen," while also noting that "lots of procedural hurdles" would have to be sorted out before the XFL could start acting as an official minor league affiliate to the NFL.

Polian described the idea behind the XFL and NFL's partnership to include NFL teams sending their No. 3 quarterbacks and "other players from the bottom half of their roster and developmental squads" to XFL franchises in order to maximize game reps. "Talking to NFL coaches, one of the things they have been frustrated with on this latest collective bargaining agreement is the reduction of meeting time and practice time. They just don't think the guys are getting enough repetition."

XFL Week 1: Steel Curtain Shuts out Ottawa

February 24, 2019

Birmingham, AL - The Birmingham Steel defense pitched the first shutout of the season and RB Trent Richardson ran in a pair of touchdowns in a 26-0 victory over the Ottawa Force before 27,039 at Legion Field. Kept in check most of the day, Richardson scored on runs of four and five yards in the second half and also added a two-point conversion. Birmingham QB Luis Perez went 19-of-33 for 252 yards with WR Quinton Patton on the receiving end of four balls for 107 yards. Steel K Nick Novak provided all the scoring in the first half, connecting on three field goals as Birmingham built a 9-0 lead at the break. Novak added another successful kick in the second half.

Ottawa QB Christian Hackenburg completed just 10 of 23 attempts for 87 yards with an interception. QB Brandon Silvers replaced him late in the game and promptly threw an interception. Eleven penalties for 97 yards further slowed the Force.

-- (0-0)Steel 26 - 0 Force(0-0)
(BIRM): QB Perez - 19/33 252 yards, RB Richardson - 23 carries, 58 yards, 2 TDs, WR Patton - 4 catches, 107 yards, WR Etta-Tawo - 6 catches, 36 yards
(OTT): QB Hackenberg - 10/23 87 yards, 1 INT, RB Stacy - 17 carries, 76 yards, WR Horn - 2 catches, 28 yards, WR Howard - 4 catches, 33 yards

XFL Week 1: Rage Crush Alphas 40-6

February 25, 2019

Atlanta, GA - Behind QB Garrett Gilbert, the Orlando Rage overwhelmed the expansion Atlanta Alphas, 40-6, before 30,191 fans. The Rage offense stole the show as Orlando dominated the first half against Atlanta to take a 22-6 lead into the locker room. Trailing 16-6 with under a minute left in the first half, Alphas coach Kevin Coyle gambled by going for it on fourth and one in his own territory with under a minute left. The move backfired when the Rage stopped them and then scored before the half to take a commanding lead. Gilbert caught the late first-half score on a pass from WR Jalin Marshall. An early fourth quarter scoring pass to RB D'Ernest Johnson put the game out of reach at 31-6 and Orlando added a pick six by LB Terence Garvin off a tipped pass to make the rout complete.

In addition to his touchdown reception, Gilbert completed 15 of 25 throws for 227 yards and a pair of scores. Having lost original coach Brad Childress several weeks ago and announcing that Michael Vick would no longer be their offensive coordinator last week, the Alphas struggled after taking an early 3-0 lead. K Younghoe Koo scored the first points in team history with a first quarter field goal. Atlanta QB Aaron Murray completed 19 of 35 throws with a trio of interceptions.

-- (0-0)Rage 40 - 6 Alphas(0-0)
(ORL): QB Gilbert - 15/25 227 yards, 2 TDs, RB Hunt - 10 carries, 73 yards, RB Johnson - 10 carries, 48 yards, 2 catches, 33 yards, WR Johnson - 5 catches, 60 yards, WR Hyman - 3 catches, 45 yards, WR Marshall 1/1 5 yards, 1 TD, 4 catches, 51 yards, 1 TD
(ATL): QB Murray - 19/35 164 yards, 3 INTs, RB Folston - 15 carries, 56 yards, WR Jones - 3 catches, 43 yards

XFL Week 1: Tough Commanders Too Much for Bolts

February 26, 2019

San Antonio, TX - Commanders QB Logan Woodside passed for 255 yards and K Nick Rose made three field goals to lead San Antonio to a 15-6 victory over Baltimore in front of 37,857 fans at the Alamodome. The Commanders piled up 364 yards of offense and held the Brigade to 295. San Antonio also finished with a 35:18-24:42 edge in time of possession and forced three turnovers, all interceptions. Woodside completed 18 of 36 passes, including five apiece to MeKale McKay and Greg Ward Jr. Alonzo Moore added 78 receiving yards on three catches. Meanwhile, DB Orion Stewart led the defense with six tackles and recorded one of the interceptions, along with DBs De'Vante Busby and Zack Sanchez.

The Commanders wore down the visiting Bolts, 15-6, in front of 37,857 at the Alamodome. San Antonio's defense intercepted three passes and harassed Bolts passers with six sacks on the night, including a crushing hit on Berlin starter Cody Kessler that sent his helmet flying. Rose hit a pair of first half field goals to give the home side a 6-0 advantage, but the Bolts rallied with a pair of field goals late in the half to knot the score at six at halftime. Starting field position hampered both offenses in the first half as two offensive drives began at the seven-yard line and another at the five. After a scoreless third period, San Antonio cracked the end-zone on the first play of the fourth quarter on a three-yard run by RB Kenneth Farrow to provide the winning margin. Rose capped the scoring with his third field goal with 3:34 remaining. A late, promising Berlin drive ended with an interception in the end-zone. For the Bolts, QB Philip Nelson replaced Kessler behind center in the third period, but didn't fare much better against the stifling Commanders defense.

-- (0-0)Bolts 6 - 15 Commanders(0-0)
(BER): QB Kessler - 15/25 176 yards, 2 INTs, RB Gardner - 8 carries, 55 yards, WR Brown - 6 catches, 66 yards, WR Ford - 3 catches, 56 yards, TE Escobar - 4 catches, 48 yards
(SA): QB Woodside - 18/36 255 yards, 2 INTs, RB Cobb - 15 carries, 79 yards, RB Farrow - 14 carries, 37 yards, 1 TD, WR McKay - 5 catches, 80 yards, WR Moore - 3 catches, 78 yards, WR Ward - 5 catches, 65 yards

-- (0-0)Crusaders 7 - 22 Brawlers(0-0)
(LON): QB Doughty - 13/31 125 yards, 2 INTs, RB Brown - 12 carries, 76 yards, WR Addison - 3 catches, 45 yards
(PHI): QB Nassib - 23/37 181 yards, 1 TD, RB Taliferro - 21 carries, 73 yards, 1 TD, WR Street - 3 catches, 38 yards

-- (0-0)(0-0)
(): QB

-- (0-0)(0-0)

-- (0-0)(0-0)

XFL Week 1:

February 27, 2019

San Antonio, TX -

-- (0-0)(0-0)

-- (0-0)Stallions 33 - 23 Breakers(0-0)
(STL): QB Lynch - 21/33 184 yards, 3 TDs, RB Mason - 16 carries, 148 yards, WR Listenbee - 5 catches, 73 yards, 1 TD, WR Quick - 4 catches, 43 yards, 2 TDs
(LA): QB Kaepernick - 22/39 324 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, RB Bibbs - 4 carries, 4 yards, WR Williams - 5 catches, 153 yards, WR Brown - 6 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD, WR Williams - 6 catches, 65 yards

-- (0-0)Bandits 32 - 28 Renegades(0-0)
(TB): QB Manuel - 29/44 276 yards, 4 INTs, RB Williams - 24 carries, 112 yards, RB Johnson - 6 carries, 13 yards, 3 TDs, WR Jenkins - 6 catches, 82 yards, WR Hankerson - 7 catches, 75 yards, WR Greene - 5 catches, 55 yards
(DAL): QB Petty - 23/39 275 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Randle - 12 carries, 43 yards, 1 TD, WR Evans - 4 catches, 68 yards, 1 TD, WR Butler - 3 catches, 49 yards, WR Boyce - 5 catches, 43 yards

-- (0-0)Dragons 25 - 32 Stampede(0-0)
(SEA): QB Clausen - 14/27 191 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB James - 9 carries, 76 yards, 1 TD, RB Gillislee - 8 carries, 58 yards, WR Wilson - 7 catches, 96 yards, 1 TD, WR Streeter - 3 catches, 37 yards, 1 TD
(HOU): QB Hurts - 32/41 447 yards, 3 TDs, RB Sims - 20 carries, 154 yards, WR Strong - 7 catches, 98 yards, 2 TDs, WR Criner - 9 catches, 175 yards, TE Gilmore - 5 catches, 66 yards, TE Housler - 4 catches, 54 yards, 1 TD

-- (0-0)Express 17 - 23 Maulers(0-0)
(MEM): QB Weeden - 17/31 194 yards, 2 INTs, RB Robinson - 20 carries, 104 yards, 1 TD, RB Brown - 12 carries, 70 yards, 1 TD, WR Henderson - 4 catches, 66 yards
(PIT): QB Savage - 17/28 169 yards, 1 TD, RB Lasco - 12 carries, 69 yards, WR Wheaton - 6 catches, 77 yards, WR Hamilton - 7 catches, 65 yards

XFL Week 1: Aztecs Put on a Show with 38-22 Win over Salt Lake

February 28, 2019

Salt Lake City, UT - The Mexico City Aztecs closed out the XFL's opening weekend with a 38-22 victory over the Salt Lake City Mountain Lions. Aztecs QB John Wolford opened the scoring when he hit TE Gerald Christian for a five-yard TD with 1:03 left in the first quarter. The pass capped off a 95-yard drive. RB Matt Asiata replied for Salt Lake with a one-yard scoring run in the second period to knot the game at 8-8. Following a stalled drive, Wolford made Salt Lake pay for a muffed punt when he hit WR Rashad Ross in stride for a 36-yard touchdown on the next play. K Nick Folk's 53-yard field goal pushed the Aztecs' advantage to 19-8 at 3:25 of the second quarter. QB Josh Woodrum connected with WR Jordan Leslie for a score with 13 seconds left in the second quarter, and the two-point conversion brought Salt Lake within 19-16 at the half.

Unfortunately for the Mountain Lions, Woodrum injured his hamstring right before the half. QB Matt Linehan replaced him to open the third quarter. Wolford went right to work after the break. He hit Ross again with 2:52 left in the third for a four-yard score to make it 27-16. The Aztecs' DB Sterling Moore intercepted Linehan on the following play and Wolford immediately found Pressley for a 30-yard touchdown to push the advantage to 35-16. The two TD passes came just 14 seconds apart on the game clock. Linehan responded with a seven-yard dart to TE Nick Truesdell in the back of the end-zone to cut the Mexico City deficit to 35-22 with 11:37 left in the game. Folk connected from 32 yards out with 6:07 remaining for the final points of the game. The veteran kicker finished his night two-for-three, including a 53-yarder. Wolford stole the show, completing 18 of 29 throws for 275 yards and all four Aztecs' touchdowns. Ross was on the receiving end of five of those balls for 103 yards and two scores.

-- (0-0)Aztecs 38 - 22 Mountain Lions(0-0)
(MEX): QB Wolford - 18/29 275 yards, 4 TDs, RB Pressley - 18 carries, 64 yards, RB Stockton - 15 carries, 69 yards, WR Ross - 5 catches, 103 yards, 2 TDs, WR - Mullaney - 5 catches, 57 yards, TE Christian - 4 catches, 44 yards
(SLC): QB Woodrum - 10/22 103 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, QB Linehan - 7/13 56 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Oliver - 8 carries, 40 yards, RB Bouagnon - 16 carries, 39 yards, WR Denham - 5 catches, 59 yards, TE Truesdell - 3 catches, 23 yards, 1 TD

XFL is Helping Pave the Way for More Women to Coach Football

March 2, 2019

Atlanta, GA - Jen Welter is back coaching on the sidelines in 2019. This time, the first woman to coach in the NFL is with the XFL in a full-time role, as a defensive specialist for the Atlanta Alphas. Welter is one of three coaches who are women in the XFL along with the Birmingham Steel’s Lo Locust and the Mexico City Aztecs’ Jennifer King. Before the new season kicked off, Welter spoke about what it means to be a woman coaching football. “For me in this process, I tell people all the time ‘it’s not enough to have it just be you,’” Welter says. “That’s selfish, if it was just them coaching football and there were no implications for anyone else. To me, that’s not enough and so to hear about the other women at XFL who are doing a great job who are there in the trenches, it shows progress and it encourages me to continue to not only kick butt on the field but to push for change in our society as a whole.”

Stallions Open 400 Level Seating for First Home Game

March 2, 2019

St. Louis, MO - The XFL announced that due to overwhelming demand for the St. Louis Stallions, the league has increased the seating capacity for the team's home opener at The Dome at America's Center. Single-game tickets in the 400-level for the home opener will go on sale this Monday. "The support from St. Louis fans has been outstanding," said Janet Duch, Chief Marketing and Team Business Operations Officer of the XFL. "We saw the anticipation and demand for the home opener and decided it was time to increase capacity in the stadium to let as many fans as possible show their love for the game and the long-awaited return of football to St. Louis."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:54 am, edited 26 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:26 pm

XFL Week 2: Aztecs Revive Offense Late, Rally for Victory

March 3, 2019

Oklahoma City, OK - The Mexico City Aztecs rallied late for a 20-18 victory over the Ottawa Force. Mexico City trailed 12-0 at halftime, a margin that lasted most of the third quarter. QB Landry Jones hit WR Rashad Ross for Oklahoma City's first score with 1:06 left in the third to cut their deficit to 12-6, but Force QB Christian Hackenberg countered with a four-yard scoring run to make it 18-6 Force at 13:40 of the fourth. RB Justin Stockton bolted through the Force defense on a 45-yard touchdown scamper on Oklahoma City's ensuing possession, with Jones running in the two-point conversion, the only successful attempt of the night. Jones completed Oklahoma City's third consecutive scoring drive by connecting with RB Tim Cook from four yards out for the winning score at the 7:07 mark of the fourth.

Oklahoma City's defense controlled the Ottawa offense after Hackenberg's touchdown run in the third. The Roughnecks stopped Hackenberg inches short on a fourth down attempt with 3:29 left and didn't let the Force offense reach its own 30 yard-line on its last possession.

-- (0-0)Force 18 - 20 Aztecs(0-0)
(OTT): QB Hackenberg - 14/25 102 yards, 7 carries, 39 yards, RB Stacy - 18 carries, 106 yards, 1 TD, WR Huff - 2 catches, 84 yards, WR Ross - 4 catches, 67 yards
(MEX): QB Wolford - 14/22 193 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, RB Cook - 13 carries, 72 yards, RB Pressley - 12 carries, 58 yards, RB Stockton - 11 carries, 79 yards, 1 TD, WR Horn - 5 catches, 56 yards

XFL Week 2: Bolts Find the End Zone, First Win

March 4, 2019

Berlin, GERMANY - After playing nearly 111 minutes of football without scoring a touchdown, Bolts RB Ja'Quan Gardner found the end zone twice in the fourth quarter to lift Berlin to a 24-12 victory over the Atlanta Alphas. Atlanta, also held without a touchdown in week one, scored its first touchdwon in the opening quarter on a 19-yard pass from QB Aaron Murray to WR Malachi Jones, staking the Alphas to a 9-0 advantage. The score was set up by a DB Carlos Merritt interception. "This is a huge win for us to get back on track," said Gardner. "Very fun game, ecstatic crowd."

The Bolts managed a pair of late first-half field goals from K Donny Hageman to cut Atlanta's lead to three at the half. DB Ryan Moeller set the Bolts up for the second kick by picking off a deflected pass. Gardner powered Berlin back into the game, running for a game-high 104 yards and the pair of scores. All told, the Bolts rolled up 185 yards rushing, out-gaining Atlanta by more than 100 yards on the ground (185-82).

-- (0-0)Alphas 12 - 24 Bolts(0-0)
(ATL): QB Simms - 17/25 160 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Pittman - 14 carries, 62 yards, RB Wadley - 6 carries, 21 yards, 8 catches 70 yards, WR Jones - 3 catches, 37 yards, 1 TD
(BER): QB Nelson - 14/30 142 yards, 1 INT, RB Gardner - 15 carries, 104 yards, 2 TDs, RB Watson - 14 carries, 49 yards, WR Spruce - 4 catches, 58 yards

XFL Week 2: Bandits Hit Big Kick for Huge Win

March 5, 2019

Tampa, FL - K Giorgio Tavecchio played hero, hitting a game-winning 44 yarder as time expired. It was a tough loss for the Enforcers, who played well all game, but were never able to put away the plucky Bandits squad. Tampa Bay was led by an energized QB EJ Manuel, who was able to keep the Bandits in the game even after starting RB Denard Robinson went out of the game with a lower leg injury after only 5 carries. Manuel passed for 203 yards and 2 TD’s to keep pace with Chicago. The Enforcers started the game strong as RB Jacques Patrick put the team up 7-0 with an 11 yard run on the game’s first drive.

Chicago QB Aaron Murray had another strong game and contributed 2 touchdowns to the Chicago effort, but after 54 minutes the Enforcers found themselves tied up with the Bandits after Manuel hit WR Leonard Hankerson on a beautiful 43 yard touchdown pass. The Enforcers were unable to mount a drive late in the game and gave Miami the ball with just over 2 minutes to play. Manuel scrambled on a 3rd and 4, picking up 17 yards and giving Tavecchio the chance he needed to win the game with a last-play field goal. It was a tough pill to swallow for the 33,250 Enforcers fans who came out on a cold February afternoon.

-- (0-0)Enforcers 21 - 24 Bandits(0-0)
(CHI): QB - 14/22 188 yards, 1 TD, RB - 16 carries, 102 yards, 2 TDs, RB - 11 carries, 73 yards, WR Evans - 6 catches, 90 yards, 1 TD, WR Callaway - 6 catches, 68 yards
(TB): QB Manuel - 18/26 203 yards, 2 TDs, RB Ball - 13 carries, 84 yards, 1 TD, WR Hankerson - 6 catches, 81 yards, 1 TD, WR White - 6 catches, 72 yards, 1 TD

XFL Week 2: Orlando Rage Rally for 37-29 Victory

March 6, 2019

San Antonio, TX - Garrett Gilbert passed for 393 yards and two touchdowns and Orlando rallied from a 12-point, second-half deficit for a 37-29 victory over San Antonio in front of 39,176 fans at the Alamodome. With San Antonio clinging to a 29-23 lead midway through the fourth quarter, Gilbert found WR Jalin Marshall for a 23-yard touchdown pass to tie the game. Orlando had a chance to take the lead but Gilbert's pass attempt on the two-point try fell incomplete. However, the Rage did reclaim the lead on the next possession, as DB Keith Reaser stepped in front of a QB Logan Woodside pass and returned it 39 yards to paydirt. WR Rannell Hall hauled in a Gilbert pass on the two-point conversion attempt to put the Apollos up 37-29. On the ensuing possession, the Commanders marched all the way inside the Orlando 5-yard line, but a fourth-and-goal pass from Woodside was batted away in the end zone, turning the ball back over to the visitors, who ran out the final three minutes and five seconds on the clock to drop the Commanders to 1-1 on the season.

Nursing an 18-17 halftime advantage, San Antonio K Nick Rose booted his third field goal of the night, this one from 37 yards, to put the home team up 21-17 early in the third quarter. The Commanders then scored their first-ever defensive touchdown when LB Jayrone Elliott's strip sack of Gilbert was picked up by DL Joey Mbu, who rumbled eight yards into the end zone for the score. Woodside found TE Evan Rodriguez on a successful two-point attempt to push the lead to 29-17, but Orlando would rally, starting with a pair of K Eliott Fry field goals that made it a six-point contest with 13:55 remaining. San Antonio raced out to a 12-0 lead after two possessions.

RB Kenneth Farrow took a direct snap, weaved his way around left end and flipped into the end zone to open the scoring. On the ensuing possession, Woodside found Rodriguez wide open in the flats for a walk-in score on the final play of the opening stanza. The Rage finally got on the board early in the second, as a 54-yard pass down the left sideline from Gilbert to Johnson set up a 1-yard TD plunge by RB D'Ernest Johnson, who also ran in the 2-point conversion untouched to make it 12-8. The teams then traded field goals, as Rose drilled a 50-yarder midway through the quarter and Fry answered from 35 yards to make it 15-11. Orlando grabbed a 17-15 lead late in the first half on a 21-yard pass from Gilbert to Johnson in the corner of the end zone, but Rose connected from 38 yards as time expired in the half to give San Antonio the lead once again.

-- (0-0)Rage 37 - 29 Commanders(0-0)
(ORL): QB Gilbert - 19/28 393 yards, 2 TDs, RB Johnson - 8 carries, 57 yards, WR Johnson - 7 catches, 192 yards, 1 TD, WR Marshall - 3 catches, 84 yards, 1 TD, WR Thompson - 2 catches, 70 yards
(SA): QB Woodside - 20/39 223 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, RB Farrow - 13 carries, 74 yards, 1 TD, RB Green - 12 carries, 69 yards, WR Ayers - 5 catches, 80 yards, WR McKay - 5 catches, 71 yards

XFL Week 2: Steel Pounce on Salt Lake Mistakes

March 7, 2019

New York, NY - The Birmingham Steel broke through late for a 12-9 victory over the visiting Salt Lake City Mountain Lions before 27,319. After falling behind 9-0 and with Birmingham looking listless on offense for much of the game, a crucial fumbled punt return was recovered in the end zone by Steel LB Shaheed Salmon with 2:36 left in the third. RB Alfred Blue scored the game-winner on a two-yard burst up the middle with 4:36 left in the fourth. Pittsburgh QB Matt McGloin connected on 24 of 38 attempts for 184 yards, helping make up for a running game that managed just 47 yards all day.

"Offensively, we just grounded it out," said Pittsburgh head coach Tony Dungy. "They were a big, strong team and it did not shock me. Coach Erickson is a heck of a coach. They brought a really big, salty team in here and they were meaning to do business to us. We stood up to the challenge. They brought their team in ready to do their thing and they had us down 9-0 at halftime. We had to find a way to grind it out so my hats off to him and his staff and his players for putting up a heck of a game. They are a big, strong, tough team and they kept everything in front and inside and they did a really heal very many points against us."

Mountain Lions K Taylor Bertolet suffered a miserable game in the loss. After connecting on a 53-yard field goal to give Salt Lake a 9-0 advantage in the second quarter, he missed three second half field goals, including a potential game-tying kick with under a minute left. Another field goal attempt was crushed by a bad snap. The Salt Lake rushing attack amassed 151 yards on the ground, led by Joel Bouagnon with 70 yards on 11 carries. Mountain Lions QB Austin Allen, seeing his first action of the season, completed 15 of 31 passes for 114 yards.

-- (0-0)Steel 12 - 9 Mountain Lions(0-0)
(BIRM): QB Perez - 24/38 184 yards, RB Richardson - 19 carries, 41 yards, 7 catches, 50 yards, WR Patton - 3 catches, 44 yards
(SLC): QB Allen - 15/31 114 yards, RB Bouagnon - 11 carries, 70 yards, 1 TD, RB Oliver - 14 carries, 59 yards, WR Pierson-El - 6 catches, 28 yards

Charles Johnson likes lack of “politics” in XFL

March 8, 2019

Orlando, FL - Wide Receiver Charles Johnson said he “lost that love that I once had growing up and playing in high school and college” after those experiences, which may have been why he initially passed on an invitation to play for the XFL. After hearing from former teammates who were enjoying the league, Johnson changed his mind and signed with the Orlando Rage. His first two games have resulted in 233 receiving yards and the overall experience of playing in a new league is one that’s been enjoyable thus far. Continued success over the rest of the season may leave Johnson in position to decide whether he’s going to wade back into the NFL’s political pool for a shot at returning to the league in 2019.

“Everybody’s pretty much equal,” Johnson said. “There’s no politics in this situation. The NFL’s different. If you’re a first-round pick, if you’re not playing, that looks bad on the guys upstairs, so they’re going to make sure you’re out there playing. When you’re out here, they just want to see the best players out there, and win games.”

San Diego Could get an XFL Team

March 9, 2019

San Diego, CA - The NFL has abandoned San Diego. The XFL may be embracing it. The XFL is “on track” to make the Chargers’ former home one of their next expansion locations. “I don’t have any information to share at this time,” said XFL Commissioner Bill Polian.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:26 pm

Johnny Manziel Kicked out of the CFL

March 9, 2019

New York, NY - The Hamilton Tiger-cats released former Texas A&M star quarterback Johnny Manziel and released a statement stating the Canadian Football League "has informed all of its member clubs that it will not register a contract for Manziel should any club attempt to sign him." The Ti-cats' statement said the team was directed to release Manziel by the CFL after it was found Manziel had violated terms of "the agreement which made him eligible to play in the league. We're trying to do what we believe is in the best interests of the entire league. The conditions we set, we thought were the right ones. Those conditions have been violated and we feel it's best, and Hamilton feels its best, to let Johnny move on. And we think it's best for our league that he do the same. And we wish him well.''

A source told ESPN that they believe Manziel's release was a result of an attempt by the quarterback to break his contract to play in an American league. Manziel sent out a message on Twitter thanking his coaches and teammates in Hamilton and said, "My time there reestablished my love for the game of football and the work that goes into it. I look forward to exploring new options within the United States."

"We are disappointed by this turn of events. Johnny was provided a great deal of support by our organization, in collaboration with the CFL, but he has been unable to abide by the terms of his agreement," Tiger-cats general manager Kavis Reed said. "We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed."

XFL Week 3: Guardians Stand Tall on the Road

March 10, 2019

Oklahoma City, OK - As one of the marquee matchups of the week, the game between the New York Guardians and the Dallas Renegades was an energetic back and forth affair. No doubt the 37,050 in attendance were pleased with the game they watched, despite the loss. No one is going to blame QB Landry Jones for the loss, as his pocket presence and rocket arm led the Roughnecks with 305 yards passing and 3 TDs. Equal to the challenge, QB Josh Freeman also threw for 3 scores, though on only 15-24 and 198 yards. Freeman benefitted from the deft running of former Giant RB Orleans Darkwa, who racked up 120 yards on 22 carries to take the early league lead in rushing. RB Andre Williams scored on a 3 yard plunge to put the Guardians up 28-24 as the 4th quarter started, one of 4 lead changes during the game. Oklahoma City countered the Williams score, taking the ball down the field on the next drive in only 4 plays, led by a beautiful 24 yard catch on the sideline to WR Terrence Williams. Two plays later Jones hit Williams again for a 12 yard score and the Roughnecks were back in front, though a missed PAT did take a bit of the edge off the score.

New York, undaunted, started the next drive on their own 11 after a holding call on the kickoff return backed them up. The combination of Freeman’s passing and Darkwa’s tough running got the Guardians in range to score with 2:07 left. Freeman was facing a 2nd and 7 from the 17 when he spotted WR Rueben Randle crossing the back of the end zone and hit him with a perfect looping arc to the back right corner of the end zone. The Guardians led 35-30 but Jones would have nearly a full 2 minutes to get a score on the board. Oklahoma City moved the ball initially, but at the New York 41 the need to score a TD meant going for it on 4th and 4. Jones rolled right and tried to squeeze a tight spiral in to TE Donald Parham, but the big right hand of New York LB Prince Shembo deflected the pass and ended the hopes for a comeback victory by the home team.

-- (0-0)Guardians 35 - 30 Roughnecks(0-0)
(NY): QB Freeman - 15/24 198 yards, 3 TDs, RB Darkwa - 22 carries, 120 yards, 1 TD, WR Randle - 5 catches, 87 yards, 1 TD, WR Nicks - 4 catches, 65 yards, 1 TD
(OKC): QB Jones - 20/31 305 yards, 3 TDs, RB Artis Payne - 20 carries, 76 yards, WR Williams - 8 catches, 139 yards, 2 TDs, WR Ferguson - 5 catches, 64 yards, 1 TD

XFL Week 3: Rage Go to 3-0 with Win

March 11, 2019

Orlando, FL - The Orlando Rage remained undefeated and prevented the Ottawa Force from winning their first game of the season with a 21-17 victory at Orlando's Spectrum Stadium. Thanks to an offense that converted only 3 of 11 third-down opportunities, the Rage weren't as explosive as they had been in their first two games going against an aggressive Ottawa defense. However, they made plays when they had to, including a 21-yard touchdown run by QB Garrett Gilbert that gave Orlando a 21-9 lead with 8:58 to play in the game. Gilbert completed 14 of 28 passes for 207 yards, which included a 37-yard touchdown to WR Rannell Hall with 6:28 remaining in the third quarter that extended the Rage lead to 15-6.

Despite Orlando's victory, the story of the game was the play of Force QB Zach Mettenberger. After a first half in which starter Christian Hackenberg completed 8 of 14 passes for 88 yards with two interceptions and a 36.3 passer rating, Mettenberger entered the game at the start of the second half with Ottawa trailing, 9-0. He immediately led the Force down the field on a nine-play, 75-yard drive that ended with a 30-yard touchdown pass to WR Devin Lucien. In the fourth quarter, a seven-play, 75-yard drive ended with a 40-yard scoring pass from Mettenberger to WR Gerrard Sheppard. A two-point pass to RB Anthony Manzo-Lewis made the score 21-17 with 5:32 to play. However, the Force never saw the ball again as five Orlando running plays netted 62 yards prior to three kneel downs to conclude the game. Mettenberger completed 9 of 12 passes for 120 yards, the two touchdowns and a 145.8 passer rating.

-- (0-0)Rage 21 - 17 Force(0-0)
(ORL): QB Gilbert - 14/28 207 yards, 1 TD, RB Johnson - 13 carries, 79 yards, 1 TD, RB Smith - 15 carries, 95 yards, WR Hall - 4 catches, 68 yards, 1 TD, WR Johnson - 3 catches, 53 yards
(OTT): QB Mettenberger - 9/12 120 yards, 2 TDs, RB Stacy - 12 carries, 87 yards, WR Byrd - 3 catches, 51 yards, WR Lucien - 3 catches, 51 yards, 1 TD

XFL Week 3: Lynch Leads Stallions over Aztecs

March 12, 2019

St. Louis, MO - RB Branden Oliver and RB Joel Bouagnon continued the Stallions' one-two punch where the duo rushed for 85 combined yards against London. Both Oliver and Bouagnon grabbed a rushing touchdown. The Stallions' defense continued as a force of nature, limiting the Crusaders to 15 points. LB Greer Martini highlighted St. Luois' defense with seven solo tackles, two passes defended and a game-altering interception. St. Louis scored when K Taylor Bertolet hit a 54-yard field goal in the first quarter, marking Bertolet's second field goal beyond the 50 yard range. The Stallions scored their first touchdown during the second quarter when QB Paxton Lynch connected with WR DeMornay Pierson-El for a 25-yard touchdown pass giving St. Louis a 9-0 lead.

London finished the half strong by scoring nine straight points. K Nick Folk made a 48-yard field goal with 6:03 left in the half. The Crusaders followed this up with a touchdown in the final minute of the half. QB John Wolford completed a one-yard pass to WR Rashad Ross to tie the score at 9-9 heading into the second half. Oliver gave the Stallions the lead again when he rushed for a one-yard touchdown in the third quarter. The Aztecs cut the lead to 15-9 when Folk made his second field goal of the day. Bouagnon scored his one-yard rushing touchdown with 7:24 for left in the game. St. Louis converted on the two-point conversion as Lynch found Pierson-El in the end zone. The Crusaders couldn't overcome the 23-12 deficit. Folk made his third field goal of the day in the final minute to cut the lead to eight, but the Stallions held on to get their first victory of the season with a 23-15 victory.

-- (0-0)Aztecs 15 - 23 Stallions(0-0)
(MEX): QB Wolford - 14/21 127 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, QB Knight - 8/18 95 yards, RB Pressley - 15 carries, 47 yards, WR Ross - 8 catches, 51 yards, 1 TD, WR Huff - 7 catches, 73 yards
(STL): QB Lynch - 21/30 179 yards, 1 TD, RB Bouagnon - 12 carries, 45 yards, 1 TD, RB Oliver - 15 carries, 40 yards, 1 TD, WR Pierson-El - 8 catches, 90 yards, 1 TD, WR Bell - 4 catches, 39 yards

XFL Week 3: Commanders Fall to Los Angeles

March 13, 2019

Los Angeles, CA - Quarterback Colin Kaepernick tossed a pair of touchdown passes to WR Nelson Spruce to lead the Los Angeles Breakers past the San Antonio Commanders, 31-11. San Antonio DB De'Vante Bausby opened the game with an interception of Kaepernick. On the next play, San Antonio QB Logan Woodside found WR Mekale McKay in stride for the 47-yard touchdown. The two-point try was completed to TE Evan Rodriguez to give the Commanders an 8-0 lead just 13 seconds into the game. Los Angeles answered with a touchdown of its own as Kaepernick found Nelson Spruce for a 2-yard score to cap an eight-play, 92-yard drive and bring the score to 8-6. On San Antonio's next possession, LB A.J. Tarpley stepped in front of a Woodside pass in returned it 27 yards for a touchdown. The Breakers converted the two-point try to secure a 14-8 lead with 11 minutes to play before halftime.

After a five-play drive that ended in a Commanders' punt, Los Angeles added to its lead with Spruce's second TD reception of the game from Kaepernick. The 18-yard score was followed by a Gardner conversion run for a 22-8 Fleet advantage that held throughout the remainder of the half. Gardner extended the Los Angeles lead to 28-8 when he reached pay dirt via an 83-yard run up the middle on 2nd-and-22 with 8:21 to go in the third quarter. After a 45-yard punt from Joseph Zema, the Breakers' LaQuvionte Gonzalez muffed the punt and the ball was recovered by Commanders' LB Nick Temple at the 11-yard line. Taking advantage of good field position, San Antonio K Nick Rose made it a 28-11 Los Angeles lead with his 23-yard field goal at the 3:29 mark of the third quarter. The Breakers K Donny Hageman capped a 12-play, 58-yard drive with a 35-yard field goal to give the Breakers a 31-11 lead with 11:49 to play.

-- (0-0)Commanders 11 - 31 Bolts(0-0)
(SA): QB Woodside - 12/23 151 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, RB Williams - 7 carries, 75 yards, RB Farrow - 14 carries, 60 yards, WR McKay - 4 catches, 91 yards, 1 TD, WR Ward - 4 catches, 43 yards
(BER): QB Nelson - 17/25 193 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Gardner - 12 carries, 122 yards, RB Watson - 13 carries, 73 yards, WR Spruce - 4 catches, 50 yards, 2 TDs, TE Escobar - 6 catches, 61 yards

XFL Week 3: Steel Improve to 3-0

March 14, 2019

Atlanta, GA - The XFL saw almost 15% growth in ratings on their NFL Network primetime broadcast and the Birmingham Steel forged a win over the Atlanta Alphas to continue their unbeaten season. Birmingham RB Trent Richardson once again led the way for the Steel, scoring three rushing touchdowns in a commanding 28-12 victory over the Atlanta Alphas. Steel head coach Tim Lewis' defense again rose to the occasion, causing four turnovers and holding the Alphas to just 43 yards on the ground. Alphas QB Aaron Murray threw for 328 yards with a 48-yard pass completion to WR Seantavius Jones. It wasn't enough as the Alphas failed to pick up their first win of the season. The Steel improve to 3-0, first place in the Eastern Conference.

-- (0-0)Steel 28 - 12 Alphas(0-0)
(BIRM): QB Perez - 17/31 160 yards, 1 INT, RB Richardson - 17 carries, 46 yards, 3 TDs, WR Patton - 4 catches, 58 yards
(ATL): QB Simms - 28/48 328 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, RB Wadley - 10 carries, 43 yards, WR Jones - 4 catches, 72 yards, WR Jones - 3 catches, 58 yards

Can Force QB Switch Salvage Ottawa's Season?

March 15, 2019

Ottawa, ONTARIO, CANADA - It took two and a half games but Ottawa Force head coach Mike Singletary made a change at quarterback, benching Christian Hackenberg and inserting Zach Mettenberger into the starting lineup. Hackenberg only threw for 277 yards, no touchdown passes and three interceptions in 10 quarters of work. He tossed two picks, both poorly thrown passes, last week against the Orlando Rage which resulted in a change at quarterback and his team trailing 9-0 at halftime. Mettenberger sparked the Force offense, completing 9 of 12 passes for two touchdowns and no interceptions, but the Force could not complete the comeback against the undefeated Rage, 21-17. Singletary named Mettenberger the starter for week four.

Johnny Manziel Offered Workout by XFL Following Ban from CFL

March 16, 2019

New York, NY - Johnny Manziel's camp has been in contact with XFL officials about the possibility of joining the league, XFL commissioner Scott Butera said. Butera said the league and Manziel's camp have been in touch after the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner was barred from the Canadian Football League, and the XFL has offered him the opportunity to work out for its teams.

"Right now, it’s a decision of our GMs, and they can decide what they want to do," Butera said. "If talent-wise this is close, the negative of him is that there is drama with him and you are trying to win games and build a team. The positive is that he brings in fans and attention."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 13 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:27 pm

XFL Week 4: Stampede Make Dragons Hurt

March 17, 2019

Houston, TX - Jalen Hurts looked like a future star for the Houston Roughnecks during a stellar performance, one which saw him throw for 4 touchdowns. Hurts carved up the Dragons defense for 230 yards while hitting four different receivers with touchdown catches, and, as if that were not enough, he added a 1 yard keeper for a score on top of that. RB Karlos Williams had 98 yards rushing on 20 carries, WR Sammie Coates had 4 catches, including an early touchdown, and the offensive line gave up only 1 sack.

It was a solid win for the Roughnecks on offense and defense. For Seattle, a decent day from QB Jimmy Clausen was not enough. Clausen threw for 247 and 2 touchdowns, but most of it was in garbage time after Houston had built a sizable lead. The loss dropped Seattle to their second straight defeat, which isn't the direction the Dragons want to be heading in the highly competitive Western Conference.

-- (0-0)Dragons 15 - 38 Stampede(0-0)
(SEA): QB Clausen - 20/33 247 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Oliver - 19 carries, 75 yards, WR Daniels - 10 catches, 133 yards, 1 TD, WR Jenkins - 5 catches, 68 yards
(HOU): QB Hurts - 17/27 230 yards, 4 TDs, RB Williams - 20 carries, 98 yards, WR Phillips - 6 catches, 89 yards, 1 TD, WR Coates - 4 catches, 73 yards, 1 TD, WR Little - 5 catches, 55 yards, 1 TD

XFL Week 4: Rage Survive Snow, Mountain Lions to Remain Undefeated

March 18, 2019

Salt Lake City, UT - The Orlando Rage broke open a close game in the second half with two long touchdown drives and defeated the Salt Lake Mountain Lions, 20-11, in snowy Rice-Eccles Stadium as the Rage remain undefeated. Rage head coach Jeff Brohm said, "This was a fun one. I told the guys beforehand if us Florida boys can come out and win one in the snow in Utah, we'll have something to talk about. Winning in the snow, that's the big deal."

The first half was a battle of field goals as neither offense was able to have much consistency. The Apollos grabbed a 3-0 lead when Elliott Fry kicked a 43-yard field goal with 1:05 to play in the first quarter. Salt Lake tied the game with a K Taylor Bertolet 36-yard field goal with 11:38 remaining in the second quarter.

Fry provided Orlando with a 6-3 halftime lead when he made a 42-yard field goal with 6:10 left. The Rage took a 14-3 lead with 6:01 to play in third quarter on a 10-play, 91-yard drive in which they actually gained 101 yards because of a 10-yard penalty. The possession ended with a 20-yard touchdown pass from QB Garrett Gilbert to WR Donteeya Dye Jr. and a 2-point conversion pass from RB D'Ernest Johnson to TE Sean Price. The Mountain Lions answered with a 75-yard drive of their own and got to within 14-11 on as 14-yard run by RB Joel Bouagnon and 2-point conversion pass from QB Josh Woodrum to RB Terrell Newby with 27 seconds left in the third quarter. Orlando scored the final points of the game on an eight-play, 75-yard drive that culminated with a 2-yard touchdown run by RB Akeem Hunt. Hunt carried four times for 32 yards on the possession and Gilbert was 4-for-4 for 43 yards. On Salt Lake's four possessions of the second half not including the touchdown, the Rage held the Mountain Lions to 65 total yards.

-- (0-0)Rage 20 - 11 Mountain Lions(0-0)
(ORL): QB Gilbert - 22/32 244 yards, 1 TD, RB Smith - 12 carries, 51 yards, RB Hunt - 8 carries, 35 yards, 1 TD, WR Johnson - 9 catches, 105 yards, WR Hall - 4 catches, 57 yards
(SLC): QB Woodrum - 16/22 161 yards, RB Oliver - 17 carries, 71 yards, RB Bouagnon - 10 carries, 45 yards, 1 TD, WR Jennings - 2 catches, 43 yards

XFL Week 4: Commanders Hold off Birmingham Steel

March 19, 2019

Birmingham, AL - The San Antonio Commanders defeated the Birmingham Steel by a score of 12-11 at Legion Field. The Commanders found success on the ground all night, as they ran for 161 yards on 41 carries. RB Kenneth Farrow led the way with a 142 yards and RB Trey Williams found the end zone on a 12-yard run in the third quarter. QB Logan Woodside completed 11 of his 25 passes for 106 yards, no TDs and no turnovers. Birmingham utilized QB Tahj Boyd's arm in the loss. Boyd completed 19 of his 39 attempts for 202 yards, no TDs and two interceptions. The Steel finished the night with 85 rushing yards on 20 carries. San Antonio scored the first points of the game on its first possession as K Nick Rose split the uprights from 39 yards out with 2:24 to play in the first quarter. The field goal, which was Rose's eighth of the season, capped a 21 play Commanders' drive that covered 78 yards and took 9:34 off the clock.

Birmingham tied the game at 3-3 with 31 seconds to play in the first half on a 33-yard Nick Novak field goal. The score ended the Iron's 12-play, 64-yard drive. With Birmingham driving in the third quarter, San Antonio's LB Zack Sanchez stepped in front of a Boyd pass at the Commanders' 19-yard line, ending the Steel's threat. On the ensuing possession, San Antonio marched 62 yards in seven plays with Williams finding paydirt from 12 yards out for his first score of the season. The drive featured six runs, including a season-high 26 yarder by Farrow. Following a fumble recovery at the Birmingham 23-yard line, the Commanders marched down to the Iron 1-yard line but settled for a 20-yard field goal by Rose to make it 12-3. Birmingham answered with a tochdown of its own when RB Trent Richardson capped off a 75-yard drive with a 1-yard TD run. After the score, Birmingham attempted an onside conversion play, but Boyd was intercepted by DB Orion Stewart and the Commanders kneeled the ball to run out the clock.

-- (0-0)Steel 11 - 12 Commanders(0-0)
(BIRM): QB Perez - 19/39 202 yards, 2 INTs, RB Perkins - 10 carries, 67 yards, RB Richardson - 8 carries, 15 yards, 1 TD, 5 catches, 37 yards, TE Saxton - 3 catches, 54 yards
(SA): QB Woodside - 11/25 106 yards, RB Farrow - 30 carries, 142 yards, WR Ward - 2 catches, 24 yards

XFL Week 4:

March 20, 2019

Ottawa, ONTARIO, CANADA - K Austin MacGinnis lifted the team to the first win with four field goals, including the game-winning 46-yarder with less than 3 minutes to play against the Berlin Bolts that put Ottawa up for good, 26-23. His productivity, the four turnovers created by the Force defense and a clutch sequence led by Zach Mettenberger, making his first start in a Force uniform sent the announced crowd of 33,621 home happy. MacGinnis was good from 46 yards twice. He also drilled a 40-yarder and one from 35 yards out. “I wanted to be playing in the NFL, but didn’t really get my shot,” MacGinnis said before admitting that kicking game-winning field goals is far more fun than studying for the Series 7 and Series 66 exams (which he passed). “This opportunity came up and I made the most of it. I just like to win. It felt good to get out there because the guys put so much work into it. To come through in the clutch for them was great.”

Ottawa came into the game with a penchant for falling apart late in games. More than 55 percent of the points the Force gave up and more than 40 percent of the yards they allowed came in the fourth quarter. Head coach Mike Singletary said this week he has spent a considerable amount of time and energy preaching the importance of finishing games strong. Mission accomplished versus the Bolts. Ottawa, which trailed 20-15 at halftime, allowed just 3 points and 22 yards of offense in the fourth quarter. It was also clutch. Singletary’s defense created four turnovers overall but came away with two fumble recoveries in the fourth quarter. Special teams also came up big, stopping a fake punt on the Berlin half of the field and parlaying that into the game-winning field goal. “Our defense, starting with our defensive line, the guys have been playing their tails off,” Singletary said. “Our linebackers and DBs stepped up this week as well. We want to be a great defense. You can’t really call yourself a great defense until you answer the call in those situations.”

-- (0-0)Bolts 23 - 26 Force(0-0)
(BER): QB Nelson - 17/30 190 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, RB Watson - 16 carries, 76 yards, WR Ford - 3 catches, 71 yards, 1 TD, TE Baugh - 4 catches, 54 yards, 1 TD
(OTT): QB Mettenberger - 18/25 174 yards, 1 TD, RB Stacy - 18 carries, 39 yards, WR Horn - 4 catches, 63 yards, TE Howard - 3 catches, 39 yards

XFL Week 4: Alphas Finally get One

March 21, 2019

Mexico City, MEXICO - The Atlanta Alphas earned a tough road win versus the Mexico City Aztecs, 14-11. Alphas QB Aaron Murray threw for 254 yards and ran for another 54, leading the Alphas to its first win of the season. The Alphas began the scoring with the first safety in team history, a tackle in the end zone by DB Ed Reynolds. Alphas RB Denard Robinson scored the first touchdown of the evening, a nine-yard run putting the Alphas up 8-0. Aztecs K Nick Folk hit a 39-yard field goal to end the half, cutting the Alphas lead to 8-3. Mexico City Aztecs QB Josh Wolford threw a 28-yard touchdown pass to his favorite target, WR Rashad Ross, and then converted the two-point conversion, to tie the game 11-11 with 5:20 remaining. The Alphas proceeded to drive down the field, and K Younghoe Koo nailed a 33-yard FG to win the game.

-- (0-0)Alphas 14 - 11 Aztecs(0-0)
(ATL): QB Murray - 21/34 287 yards, RB Robinson - 16 carries, 97 yards, 1 TD, RB Folston - 17 carries, 69 yards, 5 catches, 66 yards, WR Jones - 2 catches, 25 yards
(MEX): QB Wolford - 17/31 185 yards, 1 TD, RB Pressley - 14 carries, 110 yards, RB Stockton - 9 carries, 35 yards, WR Ross - 4 catches, 74 yards, 1 TD, WR Huff - 5 catches, 63 yards
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
BengalErnst

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football Dynasty Reports