XFL 2001

Re: XFL 2001

Postby BengalErnst » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:20 pm

Year Sixteen Financial Report Released

August 1, 2016

New York, NY -

Joe Pendry Named General Manager of Birmingham Steel

August 25, 2016

Birmingham, AL - The XFL announced Joe Pendry as general manager, Birmingham Steel. Pendry most recently served in an advisory role with the Alabama Crimson Tide after three season as assistant head coach and offensive line coach. "We have placed an emphasis on bringing in front office staff with the experience needed to identify top talent and build a highly competitive team, and that's reflected in hiring Joe," said Jim Speros, Steel owner. "Joe has spent over forty years on college and NFL sidelines working closely with players and knows what it takes to build a strong team and compete at a high level. With Joe Pendry and Tim Lewis at the helm, we look forward to seeing what the Steel can achieve on and off the field."

"This is an amazing opportunity to build something special here in Birmingham, Alabama, and the work is already underway," said Pendry. "Football is king in Alabama and we know when it comes time for our first snap, we'll have a loyal and energetic fanbase behind us. We are committed to putting a product on the field that they will be proud to support."

Trent Richardson Selected by Birmingham Steel in Territorial Draft

October 2, 2016

Birmingham, AL - Former NFL RB Trent Richardson signed with Birmingham Steel of the XFL, the league announced. Richardson, the third overall pick in the 2012 draft, hasn't played an NFL regular-season game since 2014. The 28-year-old ran for 2,032 yards and 17 touchdowns over three seasons. Prior to arriving in the NFL, Richardson was a star for the Alabama Crimson Tide, finishing third in the 2011 Heisman Trophy voting.

"Excited about this," Richardson said. "Another opportunity for my professional career. Happy to be doing something that I really love doing, especially in Alabama and in Birmingham, which is a home away from home for me."

"When a team like Birmingham gets a star like Trent Richardson, we think that will be something that would be a significant gate attraction," XFL Commissioner Scott Butera said.

San Antonio Commanders Waive College Allocation Rights of Johnny Manziel

October 3, 2016

San Antonio, TX - The San Antonio Commanders have waived the college allocation rights of quarterback Johnny Manziel, announced general manager Louis Riddick. "We have decided not to exercise our rights to protect Johnny Manziel as a San Antonio Commander," said Riddick.

"When I took this job as general manager of the Commanders there were foundational experiences from my career as a player and as a broadcaster that I would not deviate from. There were also things that I would have to learn from my experience on the job. One of the most important things I have already learned is when there is an opportunity to get better, you get better. The challenge is finding the balance in what I know and what I have learned and finding the best solution to get better as a team. I truly believe that the moves necessary to add Johnny to our roster do not make us better at this time. I wish Johnny all the best within the XFL and we look forward to competing against him in the future."

"I'd pass on him here," said Daryl Johnston, Oklahoma City Roughnecks general manager. "For me the chemistry in the locker room is critical, and especially the quarterback position. He kind of sets the tone, especially for the offensive side of the ball, but really for the whole team. There is so much added responsibility that goes with the face, goes with the voice of the franchise. And I haven't seen that from Johnny on a consistent basis that I would feel comfortable committing to him."

Memphis Gets Manziel: Heisman QB Joins Alliance

October 20, 2016

Memphis, TN - Memphis is making a big splash at quarterback by drafting former Heisman Trophy winner and Cleveland Browns signal-caller Johnny Manziel with the first selection in the Supplemental Draft.

"We are pleased to welcome Johnny Manziel to the Memphis Express," said general manager Will Lewis. "We completed extensive background work to determine whether it would be appropriate for Johnny to play this season, and after consulting with many people familiar with his situation, we concluded that it would be good for him to resume his pro football career here in Memphis. He will report to Memphis next month, where we all believe he'll benefit from the coaching and mentorship of Dan Quinn."

"We're a league of opportunity, so we're looking for players in need of opportunity and giving them a path back to the NFL," XFL Commissioner Michael Huyghue said. "Johnny is the epitome of a generational player who has had his struggles, both personal on and off the field. We think there's an opportunity in a league like ours with the type of leadership like a Dan Quinn, as will be his coach in Memphis, to really give him an opportunity to play."

Breakers Starting RB Joe McKnight Slain

December 1, 2016

Terrytown, LA - Los Angeles Breakers starting running back Joe McKnight was murdered in a road rage incident while visiting his hometown in Louisiana. The former 5 star recruit and USC football standout was only 28 years old at the time of his death. The sad offseason continues for the Wildcats who also lost their head coach Dennis Green just a few months ago.

I Won’t Baby Johnny Manziel

January 4, 2017

Memphis, TN - Johnny Manziel could make his debut next month for the Memphis Express and Memphis head coach Dan Quinn wants Manziel to know it’s his responsibility to have himself ready. Quinn said he’s been clear with Manziel that he’s going to succeed or fail on his own merits in what might be his last chance as a professional football player. “I don’t want to baby him,” Quinn. “This is an opportunity for him to take advantage of, and if for any reason he’s not at the place to stand and really want this and is really willing to work for it, then it’s not going to work anyway. I’m hoping this time he’s ready and I really feel he is. I’m excited to see where he goes.”

Manziel said he appreciated Quinn being straight with him about his expectations, from his first day of practice with the Express. “This is a guy who has known me for one day,” Manziel said, “and he genuinely cares about my success and about me as a person, not just football.”

CFL Roughriders sign QB Vince Young from XFL

February 3, 2017

Regina, SASKATECHEWAN, CANADA - The Saskatchewan Roughriders are giving QB Vince Young a chance to continue his professional football career. The CFL’s Roughriders announced that they have signed the 33-year-old Young. Terms of the deal weren’t announced. Young, a two-time Pro Bowl selection during his NFL career, has played for the San Antonio Commanders and Dallas Renegades of the XFL since 2012. In Saskatchewan, the 6-foot-5, 235-pound Young joins a quarterbacking crew that currently includes Bryan Bennett, Brandon Bridge, Kevin Glenn, GJ Kinne and Jake Waters.

XFL Signs Two Big Time CFL Free Agents

February 6, 2017

New York, NY - The XFL didn't plan on being huge players in the CFL market but they couldn't help themselves after recent comments from CFL executives from signing two of the CFL's best free agents, OT Derek Dennis and DL Cleyon Laing along with two backup signal callers. Laing was ranked as the 15th best CFL free agent based on his potential at only 26 years old. Laing was a dominant interior defensive lineman last season for the Ottawa Redblacks. Laing will be suiting up for the Seattle Dragons. Dennis was ranked as the 6th overall CFL free agent coming off a season where he was named Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman. Dennis spent last season anchoring the league's best offensive line, while protecting the blind side of the league's MVP Bo Levi Mitchell for the 2016 CFL Champions, Calgary Stampeders. Dennis signed with the New York Guardians.

The league also tried to sign the 20th ranked CFL Free Agent Offensive Tackle Greg Van Roten, but he decided to sign with the NFL's Carolina Panthers instead.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:00 pm, edited 17 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:34 pm

XFL 2017 Roster Update

February 14, 2017

2016 Recap -

2017 Dallas Renegades - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs, RBs Phillip Tanner, Joseph Randle, Tony Fiammetta, WRs Shaquelle Evans, Josh Boyce, TEs, OL Lamar Holmes, Johnnie Troutman, JD Walton, Forrestal Hickman, DL Jackson Jeffcoat, Phil Taylor, Trevardo Williams and Jamarkus McFarland, LBs Samuel Eguavoen, Jacquian Williams, Tyler Starr, DBs Jamar Wall, Troy Stoudermire, Ahmad Dixon, P Richie Leone and K

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Los Angeles Breakers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Sean Renfree, RBs Stepfan Taylor, CJ Gable, Tyler Gaffney and Joe McKnight, WRs Vincent Brown, Bud Sasser, Damian Williams, Mike Williams and Lavelle Hawkins, TEs Mychal Rivera, OL, DL George Uko, Kendall Reyes, Owamagbe Odighizuwa and Zach Minter, LBs Tristan Okpalaugo, Sio Moore, Alex Hoffman-Ellis, DBs Anthony Orange, Alden Darby, Kyrie Wilson, Mykkele Thompson, Marqueston Huff

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Mexico City Aztecs - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Ryan Lindley, Zach Kline, RBs Toby Gerhart, Montee Ball and Daniel Thomas, WRs Juron Criner, Kealoha Pilares, TEs Rob Blanchflower, OL Byron Stingily, DL Darius Allen, Jonathan Newsome, Alameda Ta'amu, Christo Bilukidi and Ryan Carrethers, LBs Larry Dean, Steve Beauharnais, Tank Carder, Josh Kaddu and Carl Bradford, DBs Forrest Hightower, Abdul Kanneh

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Omaha Mammoths - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Keith Wenning, Brett Smith and Brock Jensen, RBs Roy Helu, Chris Ogbonnaya, WRs, TEs Ryan Taylor, Tony Moeaki, OL Jermarcus Hardrick, Peter Konz and Gabe Carimi, DL Brandin Bryant, Craig Roh, Michael Buchanan, Jhaustin Thomas, Jason Neill, LBs AJ Edds, DBs Alfonzo Dennard, Shaun Prater, Brock Vereen, Tyree Hollins

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 San Antonio Commanders - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Anthony Boone, RBs David Cobb, Daryl Richardson, WRs, TEs Evan Rodriguez, Jace Amaro, OL Cyril Richardson, Jake Silas, DL Ja'Gared Davis, Malliciah Goodman, Armonty Bryant, Marlon Smith, LBs Arthur Brown

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Chicago Enforcers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Aaron Murray, Jordan Lynch, RBs Akeem Shavers, WRs Davaris Daniels, Marcus Easley, Jordan Williams-Lambert, Kevin Norwood, Jeremy Gallon, Junior Hemingway, TEs, OL Chris Watt, Khaled Holmes, Jarriel King, Fou Fonoti, Freddie Bishop, Mike Martin, Scott Crichton, LBs Antwione Williams, Martez Wilson, DBs Tre Roberson, Jeremy Harris, Charles Gaines, Jalil Brown, Taurean Nixon

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Memphis Express - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Johnny Manziel, Logan Kilgore, RBs Bryce Brown, Curtis Steele, Khiry Robinson, WRs Chris Givens and Denarius Moore, TEs Mickey Shuler, OL Jason Fox, DL Drake Nevis, Lavar Edwards, Tourek Williams, Curt Maggitt and Marvin Austin, LBs Wynton McManis, Nico Johnson, DBs Nick Marshall, Duke Williams, Dwayne Gratz

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Salt Lake City Mountain Lions - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs BJ Daniels, Cody Fajardo, Tanner Marsh, RBs Kendial Lawrence, WRs, TEs, OL Ryker Mathews, David Yankey, D'Anthony Batiste, DL Sione Fua, LBs Alex Singleton, Justin Tuggle, Dontay Moch, Gabe Miller and Shea McClellin, DBs Delvin Breaux, Isaiah Frey, Mark LeGree

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Oklahoma City Roughnecks - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Mitchell Gale, RBs Kendall Hunter and Allen Bradford, WRs Dorial Green-Beckham, Ryan Broyles, Tevin Reese and Marc Mariani, OL, DL Frank Alexander, LBs Sean Porter, Nick Moody, DBs Justin Gilbert, Vinnie Sunseri, Lonnie Ballentine

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Houston Stampede - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs James Franklin, RBs Cyrus Gray, Nic Grigsby, WRs, TEs Rob Housler and Crockett Gilmore, OL Cody Wichmann, Levy Adcock, DL Eric Striker, Ego Ferguson, Jordan Hill, Cameron Sheffield, LBs Danny Mason, Tobi Antigha, Randell Johnson, DBs Tray Walker, Eric Pinkins, Zach Sanchez, Kacy Rodgers

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Seattle Dragons - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Jimmy Clausen, Bryan Bennett and Garrett Grayson, RBs LaMichael James, WRs TJ Graham, Austin Pettis, Tommy Streeter, David Ausberry and Nick Toon, TEs Beau Sandland, OL William Campbell, Josh Aladenoye, DL Cleyon Laing, Maxx Forde, Markus White and Larry Webster, LBs Adam Bighill, Casey Matthews, DBs Winston Rose, Jonathan Dowling, Brandon Ghee, RJ Stanford, Marshay Green and Demetri Goodson, P Ty Long and K

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Cologne Defenders - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs, RBs Cameron Marshall, WRs, TEs Taylor Thompson and Malcolm Johnson, OL Ryan Seymour, Sebastian Tretola, DL Cam Johnson, Erik Lorig, LBs, DBs Bacarri Rambo, Trey Caldwell, Jonathan Meeks, Tharold Simon

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Orlando Rage - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Christian Ponder, Adrian McPherson and Jacory Harris, RBs Michael Ford, WRs Dri Archer, Terrell Sinkfield, Dominique Rhymes and Da'Ron Brown, TEs Cameron Morrah, OL Jake Olson, Jeremy Lewis, DL Da'Quan Bowers, Rufus Johnson, LBs Terrance Plummer, DBs John Ojo, Aaron Hester, Steven Clarke

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Birmingham Steel - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Blake Sims, Keith Price and Tahj Boyd, RBs Trent Richardson, Christion Jones, Tre Mason and Glen Coffee, WRs Tori Gurley, TEs Ted Bolser, OL Barrett Jones, Garrett Gilkey, DL Jonathan Massaquoi, Terrence Cody and Corey Lemonier, LBs Deon Lacey, DBs Qudarius Ford, Javier Arenas, Dominique Franks, Dee Milliner, JaCorey Shepherd, Otha Foster, Deion Belue, Cedric McKinley

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 New York Guardians - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Josh Freeman and Rakeem Cato, RBs Lache Seastrunk, Edwin Baker, Shakir Bell, WRs Hakeem Nicks, Tiquan Underwood, TEs James Casey, OL Derek Dennis, Dariusz Bladek, Julian Vandervelde, John Urschel, DL Jamaal Westerman, Quinton Coples, Kapron Lewis-Moore, Corey Wootton, LBs Khaseem Greene, James-Michael Johnson, DBs Brandon Boykin, Jaiquawn Jarrett, David Caldwell

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Columbus Ghosts - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Jonathon Jennings, RBs Dan Herron, WRs Evan Spencer, Kenbrell Thompkins, Mardy Gilyard, Diontae Spencer, TEs, OL Cameron Jefferson, Reid Fragel, Jacques McClendon, DL Davon Coleman, Justin Cole, LBs Kavell Conner, Lamin Barrow, DBs Josh Bush, Cooper Taylor, D'Joun Smith, Johnny Adams, Julian Posey

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Washington Valor - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs, RBs WRs Stedman Bailey and Corey Fuller, TEs, OL Travis Bond, Jon Asamoah, Derek Sherrod, DL Jason Worilds, Brandon Deaderick, Jaye Howard, Greg Scruggs, LBs Marcus Ball, Sam Barrington, DBs Ed Gainey, Chandler Fenner, Branden Dozier

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Tampa Bay Bandits - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs, RBs Karlos Williams, Storm Johnson, Anthony Allen and Kiero Small, WRs Leonard Hankerson, AJ Jenkins, Riley Cooper and Andre DeBose, TEs Richard Gordon, OL, DL Markus Kuhn, Corvey Irvin, LBs Bear Woods, Zaviar Gooden, Mike Mohamed, DBs Anthony Gaitor, Chris Culliver, Jayron Hosley

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Ottawa Force - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Zach Mettenberger, Erik Ainge, RBs Anthony Dixon and Zac Stacy, WRs Ace Sanders and Trindon Holiday, TEs Adrien Robinson, OL Ucambre Williams, Tayo Fabuluje, Andy Gallik, DL Jake Ceresna, IK Enemkpali, Michael Wakefield, LBs Neiron Ball, DBs Martese Jackson, Cord Parks, Josh Johnson

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Philadelphia Brawlers - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Ryan Nassib, Greg McGhee, RBs Bernard Pierce, Da'Rel Scott, WRs, TEs Clay Harbor, OL Eric Lofton, Brandon Mosley, DL Julian Howsare, Avery Ellis, DeAngelo Tyson, Quanterus Smith, Montori Hughes, Devon Still and Mic'hael Brooks, LBs Simoni Lawrence, Emmanuel Acho, Jamar Chaney, Amarlo Herrera, DBs Tommie Campbell, Sherrod Baltimore, Jabari Price, Jemea Thomas

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 London Crusaders - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Brandon Doughty, RBs, WRs Kamar Jorden, Caleb Holley, TEs Bear Pascoe, OL Randy Richards, David Molk, DL Kenrick Ellis, Frank Kearse, Taylor Hart, Mike Catapano, LBs Dexter McCoil, Travis Lewis, LBs Bill Bentley, Jamell Fleming

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Berlin Bolts - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Dominique Davis, RBs Henry Josey, WRs, TEs Anthony McCoy and Ladarius Green, OL Bryan Stork, DL Bjoern Werner, Louis Nix, Jason Vega and Deon Simon, LBs Darius Fleming, Brandon Watts, DBs Trent Robinson, Omar Bolden

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Pittsburgh Maulers - HC Tony Dungy, OC, DC, GM, QBs, RBs Ray Holley, WRs, TEs Arthur Lynch, OL Tanner Hawkinson, DL Jerrell Powe, LBs Khairi Fortt, Prince Shembo, DBs Loucheiz Purifoy, Jonathon Mincy, Phillip Thomas, Terrence Frederick, Earl Wolff and Mitchell White

2017 Preview -

2016 Recap -

2017 Baltimore Brigade - HC, OC, DC, GM, QBs Jake Locker, Shane Carden and David Watford, RBs Zac Brooks and Mike James, WRs Greg Little, Jerrel Jernigan, Kris Durham, Justin Veltung, TEs Jordan Cameron, OL Jace Daniels, DL Adrian Tracy, Nate Collins, LBs Dadi Nicolas, Khalil Bass, DBs Crezdon Butler, Ras-I Dowling, Chris Cook, Brandon Harris, Steve Williams and Josh Evans, P and K

2017 Preview -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 25 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:35 pm

XFL Week 1:

February 28, 2017

New York, NY -

No Plans for Expansion, Relocation for '18

March 1, 2017

New York, NY - XFL Commissioner Scott Butera said there are no plans to expand beyond the league's current twenty-four teams heading into the 2018 season. "There are also no plans, at this point, to relocate any franchises after this season. Expansion I don't think is on the front burner," Butera said. "We still have lots of work that we need to do to solidify our league and solidify ourselves in the local markets. So I don't think expansion is a high priority item at this time. We haven't even really given a thought to relocation."

XFL Week 2:

March 6, 2017

New York, NY -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:28 am

XFL Week 3:

March 13, 2017

New York, NY -

XFL Week 4:

March 20, 2017

New York, NY -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:29 am

XFL Week 5:

March 27, 2017

New York, NY -

XFL Week 6:

April 3, 2017

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:29 am

XFL Week 7:

April 10, 2017

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:31 am

XFL Week 8:

April 17, 2017

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:31 am

XFL Week 9:

April 24, 2017

New York, NY -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:33 am

XFL Week 10:

May 1, 2017

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:33 am

XFL Week 11:

May 8, 2017

New York, NY -

Trent Richardson Hopes NFL is Noticing his XFL Play

May 11, 2017

Birmingham, AL - When Trent Richardson got traded by the team that drafted him, then cut by the team that traded for him, then cut by two more teams that signed him before even getting on the field for them, it appeared his NFL career was over. He’s hoping to prove that’s not the case. Richardson is a long ways away from when he was the third overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft, but he’s grateful for the job he has now. “This second opportunity is big for me. Just the opportunity to play professional football. I missed it,” Richardson said.

Richardson, who is now playing for the Birmingham Steel and leading the XFL in touchdowns, says he’s hoping he’ll get another NFL chance. “People are talking about me going back to the NFL, Richardson said. “That’s the goal. That’s the dream. But while I’m with the Steel I’m going to do everything I can to show I appreciate them.”
Last edited by BengalErnst on Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BengalErnst

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football Dynasty Reports