XFL 2001

Re: XFL 2001

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:51 am

Colin Kaepernick Reportedly had Talks with XFL About Joining League

March 6, 2018

New York, NY - Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has reportedly had conversations with XFL executives about joining the league for the 2019 season. An XFL official confirmed the news, but didn’t give any details about what type of offer could lure Kaepernick to the league.

XFL Week 2: Roughnecks Handle Dallas to Move to 2-0

March 7, 2018

New York, NY - The Houston Roughnecks remain undefeated this season as they took down the Arlington Renegades at TDECU Stadium, 23-14. Both Houston and Arlington came into the matchup with a 1-0 record, leading the XFL South Division. The Roughnecks now solely possess the top spot in the XFL South Division. With a 7-0 franchise record on the line, the Houston Roughnecks came out of the gates swinging with DB Ajene Harris recording an interception on the Renegades' opening play from scrimmage, resulting in a 42-yard Hunter Duplessis field goal. The following drive, the Roughnecks' defense followed up with three sacks in a row by DL C.J. Brewer, OLB Tim Ward, and ILB Emmanuel Ellerbee. After William Likely's 42-yard punt return to the Renegades five-yard-line, the Roughnecks were up early thanks to WR Nick Holley's 5-yard touchdown in traffic, giving them an 11-0 lead at the end of the first quarter.

While the Roughnecks dominated all 15 minutes of the first quarter, the Renegades' special teams got them going in the second quarter. Although the Roughnecks' defense continued to put up big stops on third down, the Renegades' special teams would flourish with two punt return fumble recoveries to score 14 unanswered points, giving them a 14-11 lead in the final minutes of the second quarter. While Houston fired on all cylinders in the first quarter, the second proved to be a quarter riddled with overthrown passes and multiple fumbles.

The third quarter was more on the quiet side for fans in the stadium as this set of 15 minutes turned into a back and forth three-and-out sequence for both teams. Luckily for the Roughnecks, there was a small amount of momentum for the boys in blue coming out of the locker room. WR Cedric Byrd managed to stay on his feet in tight traffic to put Houston back on top with a 15-yard touchdown catch, making the score 17-14.
While many mistakes were made in the third quarter, the Roughnecks marched back onto the field and dominated in the final quarter. Houston controlled possession for approximately 8 minutes after a wide-open interception by DB Sean Davis put the game back in their hands. The fight continued for the Roughnecks to seal the game with a big gain of 24 yards on 3rd & 11 to the Arlington 47-yard line. An illegal contact penalty against the Renegades would later lead to a 4-yard touchdown by RB Max Borghi on the ground, giving them a 23-14 lead. With the game clock reading triple zeroes, the Houston Roughnecks finished week 2 victorious.

-- (0-0)(0-0)
(): QB
(): QB

St. Louis Very Excited to Have the Stallions

March 10, 2018

St. Louis, MO - Former St. Louis Ram Long Snapper Andrew Kline and Park Lane Sports and Entertainment LLC are proud to announce they were granted the first expansion team for the 2019 season and that they would be bringing the Stallions to St. Louis. “The NFL took the Rams from us in 2015, but I'll be bringing the Stallions back to the city in 2018. I know how much this city loves football and I couldn't be more excited to return the game back to these great people,” said Kline.

Kline played three seasons for the NFL St. Louis Rams as their starting Long Snapper before retiring from football to become the founder and managing director of Park Lane Sports and Entertainment Inc., an investment bank, that provide advisory serves to professional sports teams, and sport based businesses. The St. Louis team will play in The Dome at America’s Center, the former home of the Rams. "The Gateway to the West, St. Louis represents opportunity, promise, and a legacy of great football. We are proud to restore the river city’s rightful place among pro football cities and we will not stop there. We pledge to bring St. Louis a team deserving of a passionate and football-starved fan base. In 2019, St. Louis will once again have its day in the world of professional football," said XFL Commissioner Scott Butera.

XFL Week 3:

March 13, 2018

New York, NY -

XFL Called a lot, Tebow All-in on Baseball

March 15, 2018

New York, NY - During a recent appearance on XFL Live, Steve Spurrier said he reached out to Tim Tebow about returning to the football field as part of the XFL’s Tampa Bay Bandits. Spurrier said Tebow wasn’t interested, which Tebow confirmed along with a note that Spurrier and the league have remained persistent about making sure he doesn’t want to give up his baseball career. “It was very hard and they’ve called a lot,” Tebow said. “Coach Spurrier keeps calling and I love coach Spurrier. It wasn't easy and it was an awesome offer, but I’m all-in on baseball and no way could I stop and not give this a chance after everything that I’ve worked for.”

Tebow called this his “biggest spring training” after missing half of last season with a broken hand. He’s expected to be assigned to the Mets’ Triple-A affiliate in Syracuse to begin the year.
Last edited by BengalErnst on Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:53 am

XFL Week 4:

March 20, 2018

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:54 am

XFL Week 5:

March 27, 2018

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:55 am

XFL Week 6:

April 3, 2018

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:57 am

XFL and Bonnie Bernstein Team up for New Digital Series

April 9, 2018

New York, NY - The XFL has retained veteran sports journalist Bonnie Bernstein and Bernstein's Walk Swiftly Productions to create a season-long digital content series entitled "For the Love of Football," debuting today. The series embodies everything that is the XFL: the passion of its fans, the personal stories behind what fuels its players, the strong football cultures in team markets and the unique elements that make the XFL a fan-first league.

"There are so many great stories to tell about our teams, our players, and our fans, and this new series will provide unique perspectives on how the XFL is coming to life," said Harner. "We are excited to partner with Bonnie to embark on this journey and take audiences behind-the-scenes to showcase what it means to play, coach, and cheer, all 'For the Love of Football.'"

XFL Week 7:

April 10, 2018

New York, NY -

XFL Week 8:

April 17, 2018

New York, NY -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:00 pm

XFL Week 9:

April 24, 2018

New York, NY -

XFL Adds Atlanta as Second Expansion Market

April 26, 2018

Atlanta, GA - The XFL voted to approve Arthur M. Blank and Blank Sports & Entertainment LLC as the newest owner of an XFL club. He is a perfect fit for the XFL." Blank, who is owner & CEO of the Atlanta Falcons, has been a resident of Atlanta for 26 years. He moved to the area in 1978, when he co-founded Atlanta-based Home Depot. Since that time, he has committed significant time and financial resources to supporting and enhancing the region through his business and civic involvements. The purchase of the Atlanta Alphas is part of his ongoing commitment to the area. The Alphas will play at the Georgia State Stadium. "Arthur is not only an NFL owner but is a businessman who has redefined the meaning of customer service," said XFL Commissioner Scott Butera.

"We intend to put the same passion into the Alphas as we continue to put into the Atlanta Falcons," said Blank. "We have the same objectives with the Alphas as we do with the Falcons: putting a winning team on the field; creating a great game day experience; and being a winning team off the field in the community. Our goal is to build a team the fans will embrace for years to come, and all of Georgia will be proud to call its own."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:06 pm

XFL Week 10:

May 1, 2018

New York, NY -

St. Louis Stallions have their First Head Coach and it's a Pretty Big Name

May 6, 2018

St. Louis, MO - Former NFL coach Jeff Fisher was announced as coach of the XFL’s St. Louis Stallions. His most recent coaching experience came during a five-year stint with the St. Louis Rams from '12 to '16. Fisher logged 22 seasons as an NFL coach, including 17 years with the Oilers and Titans franchise. He reached the playoffs six times as a coach, including a run to Super Bowl XXXIV, which the Titans lost 23–16 to the Rams.

“I've been out of coaching for a few years now, but I've watched it at every level, and I've come to realize that I miss it,” Fisher said in a statement Thursday. “During my time away, I was blessed to do a lot of cool things, and I've caught plenty of fish, but there's a void there. So, I'm excited about the opportunity to fill that void by coaching in the USFL and getting back to the sideline.”

“Today is another huge day in the evolution and development of the XFL as we welcome Jeff to the fold,” Brian Woods, XFL president of football operations, said. “We have unbelievably qualified head coaches and coordinators leading our XFL teams and it'll be interesting to see the strategies they’ll use to build championship-caliber football teams."
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:47 am

XFL Week 11:

May 8, 2018

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:48 am

XFL Week 12:

May 15, 2018

New York, NY -

XFL Week 13:

May 22, 2018

New York, NY -
BengalErnst

Postby BengalErnst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:52 am

XFL Week 14:

May 29, 2018

New York, NY -
Last edited by BengalErnst on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BengalErnst

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football Dynasty Reports