Get your first look at DDS: Pro Basketball 2020!

Get your first look at DDS: Pro Basketball 2020!

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Join us tonight at 8PM EST in our YouTube channel to see your first footage of the totally redone and rebuilt DDS:PB2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s4HeKkKays

Looking forward to seeing you there and seeing your comments!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Get your first look at DDS: Pro Basketball 2020!

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Let's get it started! Anxious to see the new version, good luck!
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby MizzouRah » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 pm

Love the UI, cut scenes and how nicely organized everything is!!! Well done Gary and WS, can't wait for this one. (and I'm really not much of an NBA fan)
MizzouRah

Postby Double Dribble » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:38 pm

The new UI is fantastic!!!!

I am a bit of a cynic and I wasn't expecting much in terms of the UI and all I can say is wow!!!!

All the info at your fingertips in a clean and organized way.

The cut scenes look like a lot of fun as well.

Your first video pushed me from on the fence to must buy. It was that good!

Can't wait to see the second video.

Quick question on the new coaching sliders. Does this mean there is a bigger scale or more nuance? What I mean is in previous versions, you could put full court defense from 1-10. With the slider is it more like 1-100? Or is it allowing for decimals so if you move it slightly past 5, its like 5.5 out of ten?

Thanks again for the video. Honestly, I didn't want it to end. Can't wait to see the next one.

Congrats on your upcoming version, looks like the best one yet.
Double Dribble

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:56 pm

No its still the same scale its just more user friendly to do things with the slider than asking you to input numbers :)

And I am glad we could wow you! The cut scenes are going to be so much fun (and for those of you who don't like fun you can hit ESC to skip them) - some of them will be different when you go to them (that will make more sense when you see them) and you will also be able to change out the music in case there might be some other kind of basketball theme music that you enjoy ;)
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gabe778 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:01 pm

It looked amazing! Definitely going to buy for the 6th year in a row, my only question is will there ever be a create-a-player(free agent) or create-a-player(prospect) feature in the game without having to use the MS access database? I think that would be cool and it would take a lot of work out of doing it the long was (as well as being able to choose your own face lol.
Gabe778

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 pm

Gabe778 wrote:It looked amazing! Definitely going to buy for the 6th year in a row, my only question is will there ever be a create-a-player(free agent) or create-a-player(prospect) feature in the game without having to use the MS access database? I think that would be cool and it would take a lot of work out of doing it the long was (as well as being able to choose your own face lol.

I will look and see if I can do something like that
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby abziani » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Gary, how are you?
I don´t know if this is the correct place to post it but I need to ask you something for this next version of the game. I have been playing Fast Break Basketball and by far your game is much more realistic and deep. However Fast Break has an option that let you change the season dependind on the period of time. Let me explain better....in the beginning of the 80s a few players tried 3 point shots and of course the average invcreased a lot the last years. So during the game when you simulate several seasons it happens too. It would be great to be able to adjust these options during the seasons like pace, 3 point shot, rebounds, etc.

Regardless of that I am buying this game for sure.
Thank you so much1
abziani

Postby pdandy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:58 am

I love the new UX.
Can't wait to see the gameplay improvements this year.
pdandy

Postby spitfire » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:20 am

Gary Gorski wrote:The cut scenes are going to be so much fun (and for those of you who don't like fun you can hit ESC to skip them)

They do seem pretty neat. But unless there are cutscenes that are integral to the game, still might be an idea to put an option in to disable them completely instead of having to ESC past them. That would be a little timesaver for "those of you who don't like fun"!!! :)
spitfire

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion