Historical options?

Historical options?

Postby JohnnySlick » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:09 pm

I'd love to see even a config file where we could adjust stuff like (well, I'll just list all of what I'd like to see):

Pace (as in, plays per minute)
2 point percentage
3 point percentage and frequency
Foul percentage and frequency
(ideally) frequency, foul modifiers, and fg% modifiers to all shot types (so 3Ps as well but I feel like this might be easier to code)
Offensive rebound percentage (also perhaps adjustable per shot location; I know that the game tracks where players are in every play and may already figure this kind of thing out)
Steal / block percentage (the latter ideally also something you can play with for each shot location)
Fatigue modifiers per position on the floor

Also, while I'm at it...
Ability to customize a team's plays or playbook (I remember when the game tried to do that years and years ago; in any case I do think that this would be a necessity, as guys standing behind the 3 point line has not a great deal of use in 1977)

I realize that the game is working towards doing a lot of different things than this and so it's been a no-go in the past. Still, I have to think that there are internal modifiers that you're applying to these kinds of things anyway, and I'm saying that instead of hardcoding them, read them from a file and, well, allow your fanbase to mess around with them. As a kind of a parallel, Fast Break Basketball (yes, the game that came out in 2013) has some things you can set in-game and others that you can set with a config file and while it's not perfect by any means, you *totally* can get 1978 or 1988 looking statistics coming out of the game.
JohnnySlick

Re: Historical options?

Postby rawr123456787654 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:12 am

While it's tedious and by no means a perfect alternative, players shot frequency is something already broken down and you can tweak them at an individual level to shoot less threes/more midranges/etc.
rawr123456787654

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion