Preseason

Preseason

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:41 am

Is there an option to have a preseason in this year’s game considering its rebuilt?

I need to know before I am pre-order. Thanks in advance!
SirMichaelJordan

Re: Preseason

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:25 am

There is not a preseason - I don't really see the need for it. If you want stats from young players or players you are "trying out" the summer league already does that and the NBA preseason is largely useless - I mean you get guys like Carsen Edwards dropping 30 points and then he barely can even see the floor once the season starts. Basically all the preseason is really is an injury risk to players (hi Zion) - if that's what you want simulated I could probably build in an option to simulate that in the background without actually building games in
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:43 am

Gary Gorski wrote:There is not a preseason - I don't really see the need for it. If you want stats from young players or players you are "trying out" the summer league already does that and the NBA preseason is largely useless - I mean you get guys like Carsen Edwards dropping 30 points and then he barely can even see the floor once the season starts. Basically all the preseason is really is an injury risk to players (hi Zion) - if that's what you want simulated I could probably build in an option to simulate that in the background without actually building games in

i think summer league is more useless than preseason tbh. You have 99% of the roster not making your team...Preseason allows me to not only deal with the risk of injury which is an area of roster management that draws me to sim games (I'd play NBA2K if management was not important to me) but i also get to test out rotations, decide who I'm going to cut or send to G league or maybe give a vet a chance to make the team as a 15th man. Or maybe someone played well enough to make my rotation who i didn't think about before....allowing some sort of training camp injury is cool but that is neglecting the purpose of preseason while also at the expense of pissing users off because a star player got randomly injured...

i don't know why fans think preseason is useless smh. The first few weeks of the nfl proved that it's pointless considering how sloppy team's were playing and the amount of injuries and rust...

Is it a coding issue that could not be resolved during the rebuild?

Not sure how having an option to turn it on or off wasn't consider especially since the football game have the option...

Not to mention the lost of a possibility to play a preseason game against a foreign team and maybe play against a future young star or former NBA veg who may catch your attention to give a try in an upcoming season...
SirMichaelJordan

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:37 pm

It is a coding issue from the standpoint that I would have to change the scheduling coding to create additional games and to change when in the game games begin - it would also force me to change other dates in the game for other items like training camp and the d-league draft to give time for the preseason games to take place and I would also have had to change the team structure to allow for more than 15 players on your roster and the team management logic to account for the extra players.

It's not that the addition of it wasn't considered but that I felt that what it would add to the game wasn't worth the changes required to do it especially when there already is a mechanism to try out players with the summer league games (granted not in a situation playing with your normal starters so not exactly the same). I always value suggestions and input from people who play the games so I hope you understand that the decision not to add it was really just based on my opinion of the work required versus what would be gained. I hope that the lack of that isn't something that holds you back from purchasing the game but if it is I certainly understand.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:22 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:It is a coding issue from the standpoint that I would have to change the scheduling coding to create additional games and to change when in the game games begin - it would also force me to change other dates in the game for other items like training camp and the d-league draft to give time for the preseason games to take place and I would also have had to change the team structure to allow for more than 15 players on your roster and the team management logic to account for the extra players.

It's not that the addition of it wasn't considered but that I felt that what it would add to the game wasn't worth the changes required to do it especially when there already is a mechanism to try out players with the summer league games (granted not in a situation playing with your normal starters so not exactly the same). I always value suggestions and input from people who play the games so I hope you understand that the decision not to add it was really just based on my opinion of the work required versus what would be gained. I hope that the lack of that isn't something that holds you back from purchasing the game but if it is I certainly understand.

Fair enough.

i just feel like with the rebuild from the ground up and the tag lines for this year, it would have been a perfect time to implement it IMO.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:39 am

Gary Gorski wrote:It is a coding issue from the standpoint that I would have to change the scheduling coding to create additional games and to change when in the game games begin - it would also force me to change other dates in the game for other items like training camp and the d-league draft to give time for the preseason games to take place and I would also have had to change the team structure to allow for more than 15 players on your roster and the team management logic to account for the extra players.

Will you be adding the option to simulate any injuries that may occur?
SirMichaelJordan

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion