Font increase request

Re: Font increase request

Postby BB Brand » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:10 am

I concur with Muffbuster.
Muffbuster. I like that.
Anyway, the size of the text in general is RIDICULOUSLY tiny! I have to use the magnifier feature of Windows to comfortably see a lot of the text. For a "small" example, in the "your office" tab, the "your job" column, the text in the white box; my goodness, the text is subatomic! What am I doing, signing a financial contract here with all of that fine print??! Quadrupling the size of this would be a vast improvement! Even my manager pic info (towards the upper left) should have larger text. As an aside, the fact that I'm unemployed is larger than my age and years of service. Cute.
BB Brand

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:37 am

Just curious, people that are reporting an issue with font size, do you have screen shots that you can share? I know somebody posted earlier ones, but when looking at them the font did not appear that small. I use a 4K monitor with a high resolution and haven't had any issues with things being small so I am just wondering what the difference might be. Maybe the physical size of the monitor, I think mine is a 42 or 44 inch? I have also changed my resolution to go much lower and still things seemed ok.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Rusty » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:35 am

BB Brand wrote:I concur with Muffbuster.
Muffbuster. I like that.
Anyway, the size of the text in general is RIDICULOUSLY tiny! I have to use the magnifier feature of Windows to comfortably see a lot of the text. For a "small" example, in the "your office" tab, the "your job" column, the text in the white box; my goodness, the text is subatomic! What am I doing, signing a financial contract here with all of that fine print??! Quadrupling the size of this would be a vast improvement! Even my manager pic info (towards the upper left) should have larger text. As an aside, the fact that I'm unemployed is larger than my age and years of service. Cute.

Agree.
Rusty

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Yeah some computer specs here would also be useful to note - I mean if you're playing on something with a 13in screen then yeah I imagine things might be small in some cases - there's alot of info to fit on a screen and if you don't have much of a screen it is going to get compacted in those areas
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby drummerJ99 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Yeah some computer specs here would also be useful to note - I mean if you're playing on something with a 13in screen then yeah I imagine things might be small in some cases - there's alot of info to fit on a screen and if you don't have much of a screen it is going to get compacted in those areas

17.3" screen. 1600x900 resolution.
A Few examples:
Dashboard - Image
The team news in bottom left is tiny and hard to read. The stuff at top isn't horrible but could still use a small size adjustment.

Box Score: Image
Alot of unused space between categories. At the very least if using this font size, there's a enough room to move everything over and use full first and last names.

Overall none of those are game killers to me but wouldn't mind a size increase.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:15 pm

The OP states he's using a 13' laptop
C-Bailey24

Postby nykrealgm » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:48 pm

I agree with pretty much everyone here. Love the game and the new features but the font is so small I can't see it clearly without really focusing in on what's what. I have actually noticed my eyes starting to bother me the last couple of days. Think I may have to give the game a rest for a bit.

It actually looks smaller on the older laptop I am using to play the game then looking at it here on my regular mac also.
nykrealgm

Postby Antonin1957 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:33 am

Please add me to the list of those who wish the font size could be increased. Even slightly. Or maybe a different, slightly thicker, slightly darker font? I love the game, but my 63 year old eyes are having trouble handling it.

I am playing on a desktop computer. The screen [viewing] size of my monitor is 20 x 11.5 inches. Display resolution, which the computer says is the "recommended" resolution, is 1920 x 1080.

drummer399 posted some useful screen shots. In "Dashboard," maybe some space could be created by replacing "Team News" with a hyperlink to a separate Team News screen? On the "Box Score" screen, maybe player names and stats could appear in a slightly bigger and/or darker font?
Antonin1957

Postby abziani » Sat May 02, 2020 5:54 am

I asked that some time ago too. I am not a computer programer but I think it could be done and would help a lot.
Like I said some time ago...the game is amazing, the best since the original DDSPB but the font size should be bigger.
abziani

Postby Antonin1957 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:17 am

abziani wrote:I asked that some time ago too. I am not a computer programer but I think it could be done and would help a lot.
Like I said some time ago...the game is amazing, the best since the original DDSPB but the font size should be bigger.

If a bigger font would make it impossible to contain the information on the screen, maybe a different font would work? Something darker and "heavier." It's possible, I think, to have the data in a stat-intensive game be more visible to older eyes. I regularly play Out of the Park Baseball 14 with no problems. Nothing is as stat-intensive as baseball.
Antonin1957

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion