Lineup management

Lineup management

Postby kukoljv » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:15 am

Hello, could anyone explain how does depth system work?
I have a problem with the allocation of minutes, I can in no way adjust the desired players to play a certain number of minutes. What does sub/at bellow mean? How does it work? I set for certain player (example: Fox) to play 38 minutes, but he plays onli 25-28 minutes and some other players (for which i set 15mpg) from substitution plays more. Can anyone help me with this? Game is great, all the best.
kukoljv

Re: Lineup management

Postby Double Dribble » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:55 am

I don't have a complete answer on this, but I would check a couple of things first.

1. Are your players in foul trouble a lot? Look at the box score and Check their IQ and Discipline ratings. If their ratings are low in those areas that could lead to more fouls and less playing time.
2. Check their endurance. Low endurance leads to the coach taking the players out which leads to your question on sub/at below

I don't know at what rate players fatigue at offhand. Higher endurance players will fatigue slower obviously. Every player starts each game at 100. if you have sub/at below 80. The coach will take the player out when he hits that number. So if a player has high endurance, you could lower that to maybe sub/at below to 70 and that will allow him to play longer. If you want to see just how quickly your players fatigue, play out the games individually and that will give you a sense of fatigue rate. I have players over 90 endurance and put sub/at below 70 and if they don't get in foul trouble they can play 36-40 minutes.
Double Dribble

Postby kukoljv » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:35 am

That was very good answer, now i understand a lot more, thank you very much, all the best.
kukoljv

Postby JohnnySlick » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:45 am

I also believe that endurance decays more quickly if you're on the 2nd night of a back to back. As noted, though, for bigs in particular getting into foul trouble can severely curtail their minutes. That's kind of a classic issue in pro basketball, actually; there are lots and lots of players throughout the years who might have been decent-ish 15 point, 10 rebounds per game type players at the 4 and 5 spots but either they simply couldn't stay healthy (those big bodies break down a lot - not sure if that's modeled in the game or not) or else they just weren't fast enough to get out of the way of blocking fouls (which is expressed in the "IQ" and "Discipline" ratings, which strike me as a bit unfair - I don't know that an Ervin "Tragic" Johnson, for instance, had particularly low discipline; he just clogged up the lane a lot and couldn't get out of the way of smaller players who beat their own man and went up on him - but the results seem to come out OK).
JohnnySlick

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion