Garbage time and injured star player

Garbage time and injured star player

Postby Sweed » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:34 pm

Just ran across this in my GM only game. Anthony Davis injured but, not listed as out, doesn't start. My Lakers vs Sixers and with the game out of hand, down 16 with 2 minutes left, Davis is inserted in garbage time.

It appeared the AI had already decided he would not play as the sub matrix had been changed with Kouz now listed as a starter. Maybe a tweak where this happens that "normal starters" especially star players, that are injured but not out, would only be used to cover injury, extreme foul situations, or situations where they become the only option for whatever other reason? Could the AI know to exclude them from any kind of garbage time?
Sweed

Re: Garbage time and injured star player

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:30 pm

Was he in the matrix for garbage time or did they just play him in the garbage time?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Garbage time and injured star player

Postby Sweed » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:03 pm

Sorry to say Gary that I never noticed. Since he was not totally out I only glanced at the matrix and saw Kouzma starting and didn't look past it. Dudley is my normal garbage PF and since he was given some regular minutes maybe AD was there and I didn't see him. I thought about that too, thinking somebody has to be there so maybe it was a hole in the logic that could be covered?

But then Rondo, in same situation as AD, IE also injured but not out was not listed to play at any time, while Cook, my pg that usually doesn't play but is garbage time had picked up some regular minutes, like Bradley, but was still listed as the garbage time pg.
Sweed

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion