A Few Suggestions

A Few Suggestions

Postby Hardened Vet » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:05 am

I'm enjoying the game so far, but have a few suggestions for potential improvement. Admittedly, I might be spoiled by Football Manager with a couple of these things, but FM is popular for a reason.

1. On the player search screen, I'd love to be able to refine filters by things like age, particular skill numbers, potential stars, and/or salary. FM allows the user to narrow the (obviously much larger) database this way. Making these filters more useful would make looking for the right player faster.

2. Hyperlinks to player cards on the transactions menu would be great. That would make it easier to see what kinds of deals are being made around the league and how teams are making decisions. Sure you can find this information by memorizing/writing down which teams did what and then clicking on individual teams and players, but hyperlinks would make things a lot more efficient.

3. Push important league information to the user in some way. As an example, if a 4 star player gets traded, I want to know. If I'm just simming along, especially in a fictional league where I don't know the players very well, alerting the player to these kinds of events would be helpful. It would be great to let the user decide what counts as important via filters, but it would be great to have this important information pushed to me instead of having to pull it from different places.

4. Just a small cosmetic thing...it would be great to see the new team records on the box score screen right next to how many points each team scored.
Hardened Vet

Re: A Few Suggestions

Postby bigsmooth » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:38 am

Yes on all of these.
bigsmooth

Re: A Few Suggestions

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:48 pm

On #3 as the games are simulated you will see large yellow popup "toasts" that tell you if a trade was made or if a serious injury happened so that info is already being pushed to you

#4 was answered in another thread - I don't have a snapshot of their records so if you were near the end of the season and went back to look at the opening week's scores for something it would show the team's record as like (40-30) instead of (1-0) or something and IMO that would be strange.

I will see if I can do something on the other suggestions though
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion