Gamecast Mode

Gamecast Mode

Postby abziani » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 am

I loved all the suggestions presented here and I would ask another one. Maybe it would be difficult but I think it would help a lot of players as well.

In the previous versions of DDSPB we had 2 options before the game: 2D view and Gamecast. As I said before I and other players have been having speed problems maybe because of the animation on 2D option. My question is if it is possible to add a Gamecast Option to the game. It is not necessary to complete change the User Interface for this option like it was on the other versions of DDSPB or implement something so different but just a simple way to watch the game with a static court animation just with the place where the player scored or didn´t score (again, like the old versions of DDSP).
Like I said, Gary, I am thinking about the guys like me who have an old computer but love the game and are just impatient with the time the game takes to simulate just one game.
Thanks in advance and I hope it can help the development of this amazing game.
abziani

Re: Gamecast Mode

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:17 pm

When you use the word "simulate" to me that may mean something different. If you want to simulate a game why don't you just let it simulate with the rest of the games?

Are you unable to coach the game at any of the speeds for the 2D? I know you are saying there is a freezing issue at the highest speed - which I don't see after the 9.1 update - but does it happen at any of the speed options? I am not sure how you could coach the game anyway at a really high speed as the action would move too fast. If its just a matter of wanting to know how things happened in a game the game can now generate game logs you could review after a simulation so that you could see everything that happened.

Help me understand what exactly you're wanting to do with the game and what you are seeing at speeds below the highest speed of play
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Gamecast Mode

Postby abziani » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:31 pm

Thank you for answering me, Gary
Let me explain you. At the begining of the game I always select to be the GM of the team. In my opinion if you are the GM you are responsible to trade players and maybe select or trade draft picks. The style of play, substitutions, the starters, etc is up to the coach. Gary, this is my humble opinion and the way I play your game.
The simulation in the game can be done in two different ways. I am going to call the first as the simulation "at once", when you simple click to simulate and the second simulation that you can "watch" the development of the game. That second one could be chosen in "gamecast mode" and "2d mode" on the other DDSPB versions. I like to "watch" my franchise game in 2d or gamecast modes because I like to check the performance of my players and the coach too and of course I can root for my team. I feel like I am in the arena but I have no power over the team during the game. I asked you if it is possible to implement the "gamecast mode" on DDSPB20 because maybe it would me faster than the 2d version. I said maybe because I really do not undersant programing and like I said before, my computer is old and maybe the speed problem is not your game but my hardware.
Again, I just can say thank you for this incredible game. It is really superior to the other versions. Unfortunately the game freezes at top speed (I updated to version 9.1 and it keeps freezing) and the only way to simulate on 2d mode is decreasing 3 times the speed bar (I select top speed and after click 3 times to the left) but is takes about 7 minutes to simulate a single game.
I hope you could get my explanation now.
Thank you.
abziani

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion