Deleting Historic Data

Deleting Historic Data

Postby nuggett » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:27 am

Is there a way to use the Historic Roster File, select your year, but begin with all the history cleared. You can do this if you use the Custom Roster File option.

Thanks.
nuggett

Re: Deleting Historic Data

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:52 pm

No - the best way to do that would be to create a historical league, export the roster data and use that to build a custom file with and just leave out the history that way
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby nuggett » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:05 am

Sounds good and thanks. It's a work-around.

By doing this do you know if the Draft file will be generic or real based on the year you are in.
nuggett

Postby nuggett » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:06 pm

how do you open the exported database and then how do you make it a single roster file? Thanks.
nuggett

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:04 pm

You will need a program like SQlite Studio (its free) to open the exported database and also using it to create a new one. I don't know if I built a template or not to be used although there was a template for PB19 that is in MS Access - you would just need to create a database in SQLite Studio with the same tables and columns.

One issue though is that it's not going to be a historical league when you bring it in - its going to be a custom league meaning it will generate fictional players going forward unless you edit every rookie class. It didn't really hit me until now that you might be wanting to play it as a historical replay.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby nuggett » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:22 am

Thanks, but yes it was the historic piece I wanted to continue.

I guess I will have to start without being able to delete the history (I thought this was an option in another version).
nuggett

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion