Few suggestions

Few suggestions

Postby Rusty » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:35 am

Few suggestions:

- It's a pain to use the FA target list and be thrown back to the complete list every time you sim a FA day.
- Ability to sort lists everywhere.
- Add Pro experience column to the roster screen.
- Player linkage... I know there's some kind of problem in order to add them to the trade screen and whatnot, but come on, trading on this version is painful.
- Is there any trading block screen? Seems like you have to go team by team to get to know who's up for grabs.
- There seems to be no hidden gems in the drafts anymore. 10-12 good guys every season and a bunch of scrubs.
- Does a good-player dev coach still have impact on player dev as in PB19? I'm not seeing it.
- Is there any way to edit personal profiles? I mean, not ratings, character and such.

Thanks.
Rusty

Re: Few suggestions

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:02 pm

I have noted things I am not replying to/asking questions on

- What is it that you need to go to the player card for in order to trade? Their ratings (current and potential), stats and salary info is all available on that screen now. What else is missing that you are looking for there?
- There never has been a trading block screen but I did add a feature in this year's version that if you go to the Search screen one of the sortable columns is the trading block icon. You can click that and see all players on the trading block that way
- Nothing has changed with player development from 19 to 20 so yes the same impacts are still there
- You can edit that kind of info on players. Go to the commissioner office and choose the DB export option. Download SQLite Studio (its free) and you can edit the db file that is created. Then go back to the commissioner office and import the database. Just be careful doing this and always save a backup of the league before you import just in case you edited something on accident and don't add or delete rows or columns or things like that to the db file
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby korme » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:10 pm

Would there be a way to move all of the NBDL stats on the player card to the bottom, or a seperate link like the playoffs have? BBRef definitely doesn't jam them into the same stat screen and it's much cleaner. Just a thought.
korme

Postby Rusty » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:14 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:I have noted things I am not replying to/asking questions on

- What is it that you need to go to the player card for in order to trade? Their ratings (current and potential), stats and salary info is all available on that screen now. What else is missing that you are looking for there?

Other than character pretty much everything is there, true. The system is a nice workaround but far from natural and intuitive as simply clicking on the player name. Also, you have to go one drop-down to another and the screen reverts to the initial position, thus if the player is down on the list, you have to scroll every time. A "trade for him" button on each player card would be great, but obviously I don't know if this is doable.

- There never has been a trading block screen but I did add a feature in this year's version that if you go to the Search screen one of the sortable columns is the trading block icon. You can click that and see all players on the trading block that way

Missed that, thanks for the tip.

PD: Would be great if you could bring back current record to the simulating screen as in PB19. I know it shows up on game results, but couldn't hurt to have it there at all times.

Thanks.
Rusty

Postby korme » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:34 pm

Also: I painstakingly went through the historical DB and entered in every year the retired numbers were retired, in hopes that whichever year you start with will have the retired numbers accordingly. Apparently, none of it mattered as if you start historical no numbers are retired. Any way to fix that?
korme

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:10 pm

korme wrote:Also: I painstakingly went through the historical DB and entered in every year the retired numbers were retired, in hopes that whichever year you start with will have the retired numbers accordingly. Apparently, none of it mattered as if you start historical no numbers are retired. Any way to fix that?

So you're saying if you started in say 1990 then you would want to see all numbers retired prior to that point show up as the retired jerseys? That should be doable - can you send me the database file (or even just an excel sheet of the retired numbers table) and I can work on adding it in?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby korme » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:18 pm

Unfortunately the latest patch overwrote the historical db I did that with so I'll have to re-do. Just took the list from here and made the year just the immediate year after the player stopped playing for that team.
korme

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion