Turning Off Salary Cap

Turning Off Salary Cap

Postby Nujet2002 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:20 pm

Is there any possible way to turn off the salary cap for an online league? We have decided to simplify the offseason and I believed in the past with Total Pro Basketball there used to be a way to remove the salary cap from the equation? I tried to up the salary cap extremely high but that wasn't effective as it led to all the players contracts increasing as well so that there were still cap issues. We are planning on having owners have the ability to retain two free agents each year with all others simply entering an offline free agent draft of available players.
Nujet2002

Re: Turning Off Salary Cap

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:05 pm

There is no way to turn off the salary cap - if you're not going to use the salary cap then I think your best bet is just to sim through free agency with no signings and then as commissioner have each team sign the players to minimum contract deals afterwards
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Nujet2002 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:01 pm

How do I sim through free agency with no signings? I can't seem to advance until each team has signed enough players to fill their rosters
Nujet2002

Postby Max Boyer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:24 am

I wasn't able to do so. The game would remain stuck on the last day of FA until I am able to fill all the remaining spots. Especially with the Coaching Staff.
- Max Boyer [www.maxretrobaseball.net]
---> Max Retro Baseball (16 Teams)
---> Baseball Stars Universe (10 Teams)
Max Boyer

Postby Nujet2002 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Coaching staff I did have to fill but after frustratingly hitting the advance about 20 times with small changes each time it suddenly moved beyond free agency. I did go through every team and send in an MP file with no offers made for every team.
Nujet2002

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion