Multiplayer Files without using FTP

Multiplayer Files without using FTP

Postby Nujet2002 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:33 pm

Sorry for all the questions, I am just having some difficulty setting up the online multiplayer league that I am running. I have multiple owners who have purchased the game as well and am having difficulty determining which file to send them and how to upload it back in order to receive any of their strategy and lineup changes. FTP will not work with the website I am running it through so that is not an option. I tried exporting from the commisioner page and then emailing the file listed in Disk -> Multiplayer -> League Name Folder but that did not appear to work. Any help or directions to an instruction manual would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Nujet2002

Re: Multiplayer Files without using FTP

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:43 am

Ok you are going to want to send them everything for the league files except for the commish.coa file

In your saves folder you will find a .pbb file for the league and a folder for the league. Send them that .pbb file and all the files in the folder except the .coa file and make sure they put the files in their saves folder in the same way (.pbb file directly in the folder, all other files in a folder of the league name in the saves folder)

Then they will be able to open the league, export their MP file and email it back to you

You will download those and put them in the Disk - Multiplayer - League Name folder, go to the commissioner office and click import files and that will bring them in. You process the next stage or sim or whatever, save, exit and then repeat the first step to send them updated files
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Nujet2002 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:13 pm

When sending all the files in the league folder, it is primarily every .coa file. Should I send every .coa file or only the one pertaining to that specific owners team? Also do I need to include the DB, gamelogs, and Website folders as well that are in the league folder or can I exclude that? Should I also send the career.pbb file that is in the league folder as well?

Thanks.
Nujet2002

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Its easier to just have one download that contains all the .coa files (but as I said not the commish.coa file)

You don't need to include those other items (especially not the DB folder because that would let owners see the database export which contains all the true data) - the pbp logs and HTML only if they would want them. The career.pbb file must be sent though
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion