Improving Trade Experience

Improving Trade Experience

Postby camstew1094 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:06 pm

Just diving into the game for the first time and I'm a big fan. I've primarily played Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP), but I've been getting into basketball more lately and thought I'd check it out.

One great feature of OOTP is how it deals with trades. When you create a trade, if you're not offering enough, you can press a button to find out what could be added to make the trade work. In DDSPB20 there is very little information communicated about how close the two sides are on coming to a deal. It could also be beneficial to know generally what each team is looking to do (i.e. trade for star wing, trade for rotation guard, trade away veterans for picks and prospects, etc.). Also, with every player, there's a feature to "shop a player" which creates a list from all teams of a 1-to-1 trade offer for that player.

Also, does the AI ever propose trades? I've simulated about 1.5 seasons, and I have most of my team on the trade block, but I've never gotten a trade proposal.

Finally, it would be nice if we could initialize transactions directly from the player card (if they're a free agent then a button for negotiation, if they're on a team then a button to start a trade with that player in it, if they're on MY team then a button to release).

Thanks for all the hard work and continued support!
camstew1094

Re: Improving Trade Experience

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:13 am

Welcome to the game and thanks for the comments. Those are good suggestions and I will see what I can do with the trade screen on the next version.

The AI does propose trades for players on the block but you have to put players on there they would want to trade for. For example if you have a pretty average player who is on a long contract a team is not going to want him. Also most chances for AI trades come near the trade deadline as they do in real life.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby hansmellman » Tue May 26, 2020 11:09 am

I know there is no official ‘things we would like to see’ thread like there is in the college basketball forum however I wholeheartedly second the ‘OOTP’ style ‘make this trade work’ feature if that’s at all possible, it would definitely help gauge how other teams value my player/their own players!
hansmellman

Postby Cleasby » Fri May 29, 2020 7:34 am

Agree with this. Would be an awesome enhancement for single player
Cleasby

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion