Pick & Roll

Pick & Roll

Postby Rizzo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:55 pm

Our online league just transitioned to PB19, and as far as I know the offensive sets are the same in 20, so I figured I’d ask here.

All of the systems have a certain amount of Pick & Roll usage. Is there anywhere with information on how this is run and with which players? Is it always the PG and C? Are there specific ratings that make it more successful? Is it always run above the break?

Any information on this I’m sure my league would appreciate great!
Rizzo

Re: Pick & Roll

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 am

No the pick and roll will be run with whoever has the ball (so if you have a SG or F that brings the ball up it could be him running it) and with whichever player decides to set the pick. Chances are higher it will be a post type player though
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Rizzo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:No the pick and roll will be run with whoever has the ball (so if you have a SG or F that brings the ball up it could be him running it) and with whichever player decides to set the pick. Chances are higher it will be a post type player though

Ok, good to know. How are you able to have a SG of F bring up the ball? I'm not sure how to input that type of instruction for them.
Rizzo

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:19 pm

There is not an instruction for that - if they have a high handling rating they will be options for outlet passes or will not make an outlet pass if they get a rebound etc
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion