2021 suggestions

Re: 2021 suggestions

Postby mschinner » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:57 am

In season, the only way to see what trades haven happened, you have to go the league news page. During the draft, there are popups with recent trades. The popups would be nice to have in season, too.

Also, in the game you don't see many trades during free agency. In real life, you will see teams try and clear money for extra cap space.
mschinner

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:33 pm

You do get a popup while simming for trades made - it is not the same as the draft one but one does come up in the "toasts" that appear on the screen that tell you about injuries etc...
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby genie2369 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:09 am

Multiplayer league being able to recast your games after the commissioner has already simmed the games. So you can actually watch the pbp call in 2D form.
genie2369

Postby C-Bailey24 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:33 am

Would like to see the 5-Out implemented as one of the Offensive Strategies (Milwaukee Bucks, Dallas Mavericks). My first thought is that the Perimeter Focus would cover this but the Drive and Pass, Drive and Shoot, Ball Movement and Pace Adjustment sliders all seem somewhat low to try to replicate this style of play.
C-Bailey24

Postby Honny118 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:12 am

My two cents:

1. Simple and user-friendly in-built pre-game and in-game editor. It's a pain to use a database tool to open/export/import the .dat files and trace those little fields and values.

2. Option to disable D-League and the use of coaching staff.
Honny118

Postby ripkobe » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:16 pm

Could we please get finals MVP (at least) and most improved player as well? Also in Pro Football you can override choices for pro bowl all teams etc - could we get this option as well to account for narratives and the like? Finally, I really like the new adjustments for pace, etc; could you think of one for “physicality”? Thinking of more rough fouls hard defense to help look at that difference of the tougher play of the 80s/90s vs the modern era. Can’t wait for the next edition!

Ooo, three more thoughts - multi team trades, a few extra years of draft pick tradeability (several teams atm have picks in 2025 and 2026), and a play in option like we saw with Memphis/Portland this year. I’d either have it togglable and follow the 4 games behind or less rules of this year, or set it to ask the player if they wanted to run the play in game each year.
ripkobe

Postby Double Dribble » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:18 pm

The presentation stuff looks great!!!!

During the season, in addition to the player specific milestones that pop up during simming can we get some team ones as well?

Maybe milestones for 10 game winning or losing streaks?

Milestones for more specific team achievements like 10 straight games holding a team under 100 points. Things like that.

Also, if I do coach a game, I like to fast sim on the fastest setting until a key moment and then I will slow down and coach.

On the fastest setting, is it possible to turn off all the pop notifications because they come and go so fast, its unreadable anyway and I can look at all the info on the box score that is on the screen.

In addition is it possible on the fastest setting to leave the new player picture notification on until the next one activates. So for instance if I am watching the game on the fastest setting and Michael Jordan scores 20 points and his notification with picture pops up...can it stay up until the next person's notification activates and that one stays up and so forth. This would really help with immersion and presentation for those of us who like to watch games on the fastest setting.

Getting very excited for the release!
Double Dribble

Postby drummerJ99 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:08 am

Added this to the CB2021 suggestion list but gonna add it here as well. Late to the party on this wishlist but one thing I'd love is a month graphical view of the schedule. As someone who likes to track my Dynasty week by week over at OS, just having date's is more time consuming trying to figure out where each game falls week by week. It's easy with football, only one game a week. LOL
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby Chilikonkarne » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:35 pm

Few suggestions I would like to escalate for future versions of the game, especially on the Immersion.
This is an extract from a post I sent back for the 2017 version, many have been covered and I removed them from the list

In the emails or the media tab :
o Your last game with the main highlights described in few sentences (and a link to the box score)
o Update on the last NBA night and main highlights (top performance, injuries…with link different box score)
o Scouting report on the next team (similar to the college game) with direct link to the depth chart
o Trade rumors / Coach movement / Free Agent with link the player, coach or team involved
o Team orientation => Change in depth chart with a player promoting to the starting position, team looking compete or tanking
o Injury report
o Rookie Ladder and NCAA/International Prospect latest news
o Fan community : feedback after a big win or big lose, their player of the year from the team, feedback from former legends
o Interview from the press
o Sport reporters criticizing or praising a team, player, trade or decision.
o Candidates for awards and follow-up during the year
o Possibility to follow one player or team in particular and receive regular update/scouting about him
o Few scandals (this is NBA!)

- Franchise Management – Add a scouting team to manage, more financial details (value franchise, turnover franchise, operational costs…), have financials objectives from the owner. One objective would be also to keep the fan base happy (obviously more difficult in few franchises). Change of owner putting all front offices job at risk…
Chilikonkarne

Postby Oyaji » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm

I'm a new player trying to figure things out but from my understanding you can randomize draft classes, which is fantastic, but I'd like to see a minor tweak to that and it's something OOTP features:

Fantasy draft with players from the entire history of the league with everybody not in the draft entered into randomized draft classes.

If this is already in, I sincerely apologize and I'll need to figure that one out.
Oyaji

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion