2021 suggestions

2021 suggestions

Postby Double Dribble » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 pm

I saw the preview on SGO. Game is looking great!

Thought we could start a thread on possible improvements (although I understand it might be too late)

1. Improved player generation for pgs in particular. It is very rare to see a high passing rating without a high scoring rating. I would like to see more Rajon Rondo types if possible.

2. Improved record keeping -for example career advanced stats being tracked.

3. Easier to look at ratings progression. I think a line graph might work better than a bar graph.

4. Improved consequences for team relationship. I should have sent saves on this , but I have had guys go down to 1 percent relationship with the organization or coach and still have resigned with me. That shouldn't happen.

5. Training camp results screen- would be nice to have a screen that shows the immediate results of how effective training camp was

6. Feedback mechanism---Sometimes I am not sure why my team is underperforming. Maybe an email from a scout at the halfway point of the season that gives feedback like you don't have anyone who is effective at the post or you have too many guys who specialize at the corner three or you are running a system that is too fast for your talent etc

7. More cut scenes! I love this aspect of the game, I think it would be fun to have a pregame and halftime cut scene for games that highlight key matchups or past history for pregame and for halftime players of the half and one team storyline like team is on fire from three point land.

8. Improved draft cut scene that shows player stats and pictures along with player name and team logo.

Looking forward to the new version, thanks for listening :)

Anyone else, feel free to chime in.
Double Dribble

Re: 2021 suggestions

Postby kinhobjj » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:07 pm

exports like PF20 for multiplayer leagues.
kinhobjj

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:20 am

[Deleted by poster]
Last edited by PointGuard on Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby hansmellman » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:46 am

Firstly just to say that the improvements shown on the recent SGO video looked great for both this and PF21, the trade screen and sim screen information improvements are features that i am really looking forward to.

I'm not sure if something is already in the works for this but i wouldnt mind seeing some changes to the free agency screen. For example, if i was to add a player to my target list then i would be able to see his other offers, how he feels about those offers (a bit like the warm, cool, interested etc from the college game is what made me think about this) just so i would feel more comfortable low balling a player or trying to maximise the value in the cap space i have because at the moment it can sometimes feel like i am shooting in the dark as i will advance a day and a player has signed for an offer i could have made had i known other teams were in for him at that level! That's not just exclusive to players on my target list that this would be good for but obviously those are the most important.

Something else i saw from the CB game that i thought would help is the players 'star ratings' showing on the depth chart/playing time matrix screen next to their names. I just thought that might be beneficial for an 'at a glance' look at who is rated what in the squad without having to leave the screen. I'm not sure if playing certain players out of position will affect their star rating but obviously this would be reflected and would give me that feedback immediately rather than seeing them play poorly from the stats after a few games.

These are coming from a relatively new player and are just a couple that i can think of at the moment that would help to build upon an already enjoyable experience.
hansmellman

Postby hansmellman » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:08 pm

"6. Feedback mechanism---Sometimes I am not sure why my team is underperforming. Maybe an email from a scout at the halfway point of the season that gives feedback like you don't have anyone who is effective at the post or you have too many guys who specialize at the corner three or you are running a system that is too fast for your talent etc"

I also agree with this point about receiving some sort of feedback during the season, in other sports games i play, i do analyse the stats and performances myself but at times having a prompt that can offer a snapshot of that info in a condensed form can help. Also, this would be helpful in fleshing out the additional staff on the team, as i always try to hire the best staff at each position but without really knowing why im doing it, other than that is logically what makes the most sense. If 'evaluating ability' was an attribute and would produce better performance reviews then i could focus on that or 'evaluating potential' for information on rookies performances and growth and whether it would suit them to have more/less minutes/time in the G league etc etc.
hansmellman

Postby Nawlins34 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:10 pm

Double Dribble wrote:I saw the preview on SGO. Game is looking great!

What's "SGO"? :confused:
Nawlins34

Postby Double Dribble » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:48 am

It is another sports review website.

Wolverine was featured in this video along with other companies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfWhZdc4vTI&t
Double Dribble

Postby pdandy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:57 pm

Tacking on an observation and hope that it can be investigated for 2021.

I play a lot of long games (well past when the initial roster is retired). I'm not sure if this is just bad luck but I've seen this in many playthroughs.
Seems like big men make up the majority of the 4.5-5 star players. I don't see a single >= 4 star SF which is concerning. In fact when I go to League Leaders view, the highest scoring SF is ranked at the 40s at 17.5 ppg. In comparison, there are 15 PFs, 8 Cs, 11 PGs, 8 SGs scoring more than that SF.

I don't know if this is a consequence of me asking for more big men to be more balanced a few years ago.
pdandy

Postby 21C » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:11 am

• Standings screen. Split the conference view into separate East and West views. Right now, when running a Western Conference team, I always need to select Conference and then scroll down.
  • Standings screen. Further to the above point, remember the last view. The game, by default, shows the standings by Division. If I exit the Standings screen, I want the game to show the same standings view that I had selected last time. For example, if I viewed the Conference standings last time then I want to see the Conference standings straight away when I visit next time.
  • Sorting. Change the default sort order from Low>High to High>Low. Most times when I'm viewing stats, I want to sort them in a High>Low order. This always requires two clicks at the moment.
  • Play/Sim screen. Minor annoyance but, when changing the date and selecting Play to Date, the date always reverts back to the current date. I know it works correctly this way as the pop-up box gives the correct Sim To date but it always confused me when I first started playing the game.
21C

Postby daltontr » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:04 pm

More interaction with the owner!
The owner/GM relationship is critical to your success as a GM, yet there are only two opportunities to communicate with the owner and they are somewhat limited. I would love to be able to negotiate for more money for staff or convince the owner to change his demands and/or influence their philosophies. It would also be nice if the owner could adapt his demands to the teams success or failure. For example: If I defy the owners demands to keep a specific player and stay within the cap, but win an NBA Title, I'd like to see the owner soften his stance or at least adapt his demands to what has made the team successful.

Reign in AI's excessive spending.
It is unrealistic for teams to be paying $25+ in luxury tax year-after-year.
daltontr
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion