2021 suggestions

Re: 2021 suggestions

Postby brimick87 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:55 pm

Reign in AI's excessive spending.
It is unrealistic for teams to be paying $25+ in luxury tax year-after-year.

Part of the issue also seems to be the AMOUNT of luxury tax teams will play AND how many teams are paying. At the beginning of the game only 4 teams are paying luxury tax and the heat barely count at less than 72k. Only Golden State and Portland are paying more than $7 million. And Houston's the only other team paying and there at $3 million.

These numbers balloon as seasons pass by.

More interaction with the owner!
The owner/GM relationship is critical to your success as a GM, yet there are only two opportunities to communicate with the owner and they are somewhat limited. I would love to be able to negotiate for more money for staff or convince the owner to change his demands and/or influence their philosophies. It would also be nice if the owner could adapt his demands to the teams success or failure. For example: If I defy the owners demands to keep a specific player and stay within the cap, but win an NBA Title, I'd like to see the owner soften his stance or at least adapt his demands to what has made the team successful.

You CAN influence the owner on player budgets and season expectations. So that leaves staff budget/desire for star player. I think the star player demand is too simplistic when just having a 3 star guy covers this for an owner who only cares a little about having a star player. Owners should probably be demanding MULTIPLE star players. Say the owner wants a big 3, that would mean you need maybe 1 3 1/2 star player and 2 players 4 plus stars or something. Satisfying this demand with one player is too simple. Especially if it's just a 3 star player. Maybe that should be raised to 3 1/2 even with the current logic. I should need a potential all-star talent to satisfy that demand.

As for staff budgets this is where things get tricky. As it is right now in challenge mode, your only play is to game the system and sign the head coach you want as a 1st assistant and then promote him. And then you can't ever fire anyone if you want to make a change if you want to stay under budget.

I think the demands for star players should be increased to make things more difficult, while making the coach hiring process more meaningful and realistic. Maybe the owner will want me to fire a coach I don't want to fire. Or maybe we've just decided we need to make a coaching change to reach the next level. Right now it's just play it cheap and hope having the full training budget actually is worth it.

I also think the owner should be functionally eliminated from sandbox mode. The training budget hit for staff hiring is really unfair. And I actually think the owner phone call is counterproductive to challenge mode because you can use sandbox mode to gauge how an owner is going to react to your answers to the questions they're asking. This allows you to learn how to manipulate the owner if you want to play Challenge mode as well.
brimick87

Postby 21C » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:42 am

Add Player Retirements and Coach Firings to Transactions
At the moment, player retirements and coach firings/extensions appear in the MediaNews table of the career.pbb file. These do not get archived long term as this file only stores items from the current season and then disappear moving forward. The Transactions table stores injuries, FA signings, draft picks and D-league movements from every season. The Transactions table even includes head coach signings for each season.

Please add the player retirements and coach firings/renewals to the Transactions table.
21C

Postby 21C » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:09 am

Draft History with Career Player Stats

The Draft History in the League Almanac shows the draft picks for each season with pick, player, team and college.

When selecting a past draft, I would like to see the players' career stats as well so that we can see the booms and busts of each draft. Something like this:
21C

Postby 21C » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:16 am

Filter Free Agent List

This applies to both FA and the summer league invitees. Allow me to filter the list using certain conditions. Let's say that I want to see all players with a rating above 5 in PAS and a 6 in HDL. Or show all players with a 4 or more in ORB, 5 or more in DRB and 5+ in DEF. Or above 4 in SCR but two stars or less.
21C

Postby abziani » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:51 am

21C wrote:Draft History with Career Player Stats

The Draft History in the League Almanac shows the draft picks for each season with pick, player, team and college.

When selecting a past draft, I would like to see the players' career stats as well so that we can see the booms and busts of each draft. Something like this:

Where are this table from?
Which game?
abziani

Postby 21C » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:36 am

This table was created in Visual Studio from the data in DDSPB20. It is from the first draft of my league in 2020 and I am about to start the 2031-32 season.
21C

Postby brimick87 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:27 am

21C wrote:This table was created in Visual Studio from the data in DDSPB20. It is from the first draft of my league in 2020 and I am about to start the 2031-32 season.

I kind of figured this because if you look closely at the draft order it really resembles what the draft order would likely look like after simming the first season in DDSPB20.

I like that table a lot, had never really thought about it before.
brimick87

Postby abziani » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:36 am

21C wrote:This table was created in Visual Studio from the data in DDSPB20. It is from the first draft of my league in 2020 and I am about to start the 2031-32 season.

Let me ask you a favor...could you show us the players stats from this season?
I would like to know how many players are averaging +30 PPG and +10 RPG after +10 seasons.
Thank you in advance
abziani

Postby 21C » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:09 am

abziani wrote:

Let me ask you a favor...could you show us the players stats from this season?
I would like to know how many players are averaging +30 PPG and +10 RPG after +10 seasons.
Thank you in advance

Nobody is averaging 30+ PPG. Only two players in the NBA have managed that.
Here are the top scorers for players coming in the draft post-2020, based on a minimum of 400 G or 10,000 PTS.
And these are the top average rebounders, based on a minimum of 400 G.
21C

Postby JustinP » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:12 pm

The ability to disable the D-League
JustinP

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion