Trading Improvements Coming to PB21

Trading Improvements Coming to PB21

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:12 pm

If you have about 30 minutes I encourage you to watch the stream we just finished from Twitch where I'm talking all about things that have been worked on for the trade AI in 2021 (and trade screen upgrades too)

https://www.twitch.tv/wolverinestudios

If you are not following us and coming to these developer dynasty streams I highly encourage you to do so - its the best way to talk about things for PB21 because I'm running the stream and guaranteed to see questions or suggestions you post in the chat box. I have long said that the forums are mostly for the community to interact with each other and its very easy for threads to get missed or not get back to me so if you can stop in next Tuesday night and be part of the discussion of improvements coming to the next version.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Trading Improvements Coming to PB21

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm

https://www.wolverinestudios.com/2020/0 ... ty-2-recap

Our blog recaps the dev dynasty and has links to the stream. Check it out and see the improvements coming to trading!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby pdandy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:23 pm

As an exploiter of the AI valuation of future draft picks, I'm ecstatic about these improvements.
Was the best trade AI in the business already. Just keeps getting smarter.

Definitely rode the "I don't see anything useful with this 1st round pick so I'll swap it for a future one" to many championships and perpetual contendership. With this gamble, more likely than not, I'm able to trade low 1st round picks to get much higher draft pick in the future.
Last edited by pdandy on Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdandy

Postby brimick87 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:06 pm

With this gamble, more likely than not, I'm able to trade low 1st round picks to get much higher draft pick in the future.

Since you can just keeping swapping or traded down, the word gamble is being loosely applied. And the likelihood of it being a high draft choice is a 100% if you just keep trading or swapping it until it is.

I've had so many first round picks by the 2nd or 3rd draft (definitely 40+ maybe 60+) that sometimes I just give up.

Nice to know I'm not the only one using that exploit. :)
brimick87

Postby pdandy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:27 pm

Yup totally. Realized me noting that I rode this exploit to "perpetual contendership" status means it wasn't much of a gamble.

Not sure if your improvements will help here but another exploit I have pulled on the AI in the past is
1) Start the game with a cellar dweller team who has big cap space in the following season where I have intentions of signing a huge star.
2) Immediately trade my furthest out draft pick for another cellar dweller's 1st rounder in the current year or next year.

Since I have cap space to sign mega stars, I have high confidence that by that 3rd season, my team will be out of the lottery and the future draft pick I sent out will be low 1st rounder. I also have high confidence that the team I just traded with most likely will not pull themselves out of the lottery.
Thus I traded future low 1st round pick for a sooner high lottery pick. Works almost every time.
pdandy

Postby brimick87 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:04 am

2) Immediately trade my furthest out draft pick for another cellar dweller's 1st rounder in the current year or next year.

Since he said he's devaluing the future human players picks and increasing the AI's future pick value AND making it so you can't punt on picks, you could really only exploit the AI for teams if the AI is somehow undervaluing a pick because it's not understanding how well that team will perform against the engine. And since it's going to be harder to trade for future picks, we'd probably need to hope the first draft is really strong for this trick to still be effective.
brimick87

Postby ripkobe » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:28 pm

Can multi-team trades make it in here too?
ripkobe

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion