Help needed - game won't sim

Help needed - game won't sim

Postby Biz » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:41 am

Just bought the game, first season. Won't sim my game saying "Invalid roster settings - injured player in starting lineup"; indeed, I have two short-term injuries in my starting lineup.

I have tried to edit the depth chart to change the starters, but to no avail. I am sure there is an easy fix, but I have no idea what it is nor where to turn to find out. Otherwise, my season is stuck and there is no way I can move forward (I can neither "watch/play" the game, nor sim it, whether I try to sim the whole week or just the one day).

This is a good concept for a game but the UI is not helpful in instances in like this, so I would be grateful for any tips!
Biz

Re: Help needed - game won't sim

Postby brimick87 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Do you have any open roster spots?

2 short-term injuries shouldn't cause an issue like this unless the AI just has no idea who to stick at a certain position as a result of them.
brimick87

Postby Biz » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. I called up a two-way guy from the D-League to see if that would make a difference, bringing me to the max roster size of 15. Same error. I've fixed the depth charts so that healthy players are starting, no luck.

Second time this season this happened - the first time I traded the two injured players for a healthy player but that obviously is not a sustainable solution.
Biz

Postby brimick87 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:42 pm

The only other thing I can think of is maybe try forcing the sim through commissioner mode? I suppose you could get the same error there though.
brimick87

Postby Tim Moungey » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:38 am

Check the sub matrix as well. The depth chart is only one half of the equation.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby Tim Moungey » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:39 am

Also, are you in Local or Global Control?
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion