Controversial Suggestion: Change Dashboard into Headlines

Controversial Suggestion: Change Dashboard into Headlines

Postby Double Dribble » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:41 pm

This is probably too big of an ask this late in the game, but I have been giving it some thought and I don't know how useful the dashboard is now.

I know the dashboard is meant to be an all in one information hub, but It seems to me that all the information on the dashboard is more accessible and useful on other screens. For instance, the roster is prominently featured, but if I have a question on my roster, I will click the roster screen and go from there .

Matchup stats and next opponent info can also be found on the schedule screen and I think there is a game preview on that screen as well so that's where I would go to find that information.

I think it could be neat to transform the Dashboard into a headline screen that prominently features the milestones with large facegen pics and a clickable link that would take you to the player page to see his stats or the appropriate league leader page or if it is a team milestone, it would be a large team logo that when clicked would take you to the box score or the appropriate league leader page. Almost like a glossy mini magazine.
I would be curious what other people think. If other people use the dashboard constantly, chime in and I will say oops, that was a bad idea, but i just have a feeling it is a screen that isn't used much and it can be repurposed to show some interesting but normally difficult to find information in a beautiful way .
Double Dribble

Re: Controversial Suggestion: Change Dashboard into Headline

Postby PointGuard » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 pm

I like the Dashboard. The player info on the Dashboard isn't available on the Roster page and there isn't room on the Roster page to add it. I also like the schedule and opponent matchup info and player stats leader info that is on the Dashboard. It's a nice little summary page of pertinent info.

Your ideas for expanded headlines/glossy mini mag are more appropriate in the League Media area (in my opinion).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Double Dribble » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:26 pm

Fair enough. Thanks for the response. I could very well be in the minority when it comes to the dashboard. I just never seem to be on that page.
Double Dribble

Postby PointGuard » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 pm

Not sure what others think about it. We'll see what they have to say.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion