How would y'all address the Heat's current matchup issues?

How would y'all address the Heat's current matchup issues?

Postby ripkobe » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:17 am

What a bummer, two years of back-to-back Finals plagued by injury. While Bam hopefully comes back, tonight was a hard fought game where matchups just weren't there for Miami. Do you try to doubleteam AD and Lebron more? Speed up your offense to try and just outscore them? I've never lost two players in the finals like that, might start pushing up injury frequency in the post-season just to simulate fatigue from now on :)
ripkobe

Re: How would y'all address the Heat's current matchup issue

Postby Quadrophenia » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:16 am

I certainly don't have any sort of an answer for you. I didn't think Miami was anywhere near this good this year, but after seeing them through the playoffs, they have me convinced. Thought they were going to surprise everyone in the finals as well, but those injuries are just too much.

IMO, there is no question that luck, in terms of health, is the single most important factor in any teams championship trophy. All those Celtic championships in the 60's? Russ was healthy, One of the 2 they lost, he was hurt. Don't even want to think about how many the Trail Blazers win with a healthy Walton, he was that good. The 80's Celts and Lakers both win a couple more each with good health and that doesn't even count Len Bias and Reggie Lewis. 90's Bulls? What happened when Jordan wasn't there? (not an injury but in effect the same thing) Garnett and Pierce quite possibly win 3+. and Golden State is certainly the most current poster child of it.

Kind of went on a tangent to your question. Wish there was a better answer as I think with Miami healthy, it would have been a wonderful series to show that basketball is still a team game.
Quadrophenia

Postby Quadrophenia » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:19 am

Evidently, you just give the ball to Butler! :)
Quadrophenia

Postby ripkobe » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:03 am

Hoping Game 4 is just as good! :)
ripkobe

Postby PointGuard » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:47 pm

Yeah, the Butler did it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Rizzo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:11 pm

Hell of a performance by Jimmy. Hopefully with Bam (supposedly) back for Game 4 tonight they can even up this series.
Rizzo

Postby ripkobe » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:49 pm

What a series! Lebron and Butler in an all time great. Here's hoping Miami pushes it to 6 and we get an epic Dragic-hyped-up-on-painkillers game :P.

Psst, Gary, more reason than ever to add FMVP to the game! Lebron has definitely pulled ahead, but him vs AD for the reward has been pretty epic and y'never know.
ripkobe

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion