Charlotte Hornets: Saving Jordan 2018

Charlotte Hornets: Saving Jordan 2018

Postby thecoolestjedi » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:53 pm

It was over, the email arrived in my email a week exactly from the meeting.I sat there with the email from him simply dumbfounded that I had actually landed the job. Yeah it included the usual hello and all, but what caught the eye was the expected success of making a playoff run. Did Jordan not understand this team wasn't a playoff team? That this team seemed more equipped to work for a lottery spot than a actual playoff run. But there wasn't even the worse of our issues, He wants us to keep hold of a Expiring contract Kemba who is playing on a team that hasn't gone anywhere for the past few years. No, I would explain my position, but Kemba and playoffs were not the goal this season. Gaining some draft capital out of Kemba or younger core players would be the goal for us. But how would I go up to Michael Jordan and demand he do things my way, my boss and the man who willingly gave up some of his decision making power for me. How would I ever convince Kemba to stay and make the playoffs? Surely he would see the reasoning behind my decisions and actually care for them, no way this man is that competitive to try and seek out a playoff run this year/.

thecoolestjedi

Re: Charlotte Hornets: Saving Jordan 2018

Postby thecoolestjedi » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:11 pm

Looking over this roster, I could see why we are in the trouble we are in. Bloated contracts and vastly inferior talent has me dreading this upcoming season. I need to get rid of most of the big contracts for free agency, so I'm expecting to do some cleaning of the house a much a Jordan may hate u for it. Maybe I light my own competitive fire and challenge him on it? Nah, who am I kidding, I'll try and call him first thing in the morning.

I was nervous picking up the phone and calling. Michael sounded pretty calm as I told him of the assignment of Malik Monk to the G-league team, Greensboro Bees. We are currently crowded at Guard and the kid needs a place to grow without being around this very underwhelming team. I was ready to tell him about the talks with other GMS, but not yet, I had not built up the confidence to tell him of the trade we were looking for.

Chicago Bulls Receive:
Charlotte Hornets 2021 1st Round Pick
SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Charlotte Hornets Receive:
PF Bobby Portis
C Christiano Felicio

In order to get MKG out of the city, we had to give up a 1st in 2021 which I hope to devalue and gain a centerpiece for us in Portis and salary dump in Felicio. The trade may seem a little out of whack, but we get Bobby and immediately lock him up as we look to dump other Salary issues.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:17 pm

I put focus in a few regions in America and just Eastern Europe for the upcoming draft, slowly pacing the room as we await the answer to my offer. Its gonna be a huge deal, one that changes this franchise for the better and the future as a whole. As I try and sit down, the phone rings and slowly, I creep forward to answer
thecoolestjedi

Postby Rizzo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Pretty cool start. Charlotte is definitely not an easy franchise to play with and those expectations are beyond realistic. Looking forward to seeing how you make this work. Best of luck.
Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Must have been something I said...
Rizzo

Postby thecoolestjedi » Wed May 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Finally got this to work, it froze and then crashed after a while simming so looks like that has been settled finally.

The Deal was finalized, the Bulls GM gave a long sigh and accepted. We had to give some assets away, but I felt we got the right pieces back.

Chicago Bulls Receive:
2021 Charlotte Hornets 1st Round Pick
SF Michael-Kidd Gilchrist

PF Bobby Portis
C Christiano Felicio

We start the season 1-12 and thats when I knew the season was lost, this trade was done in order to get new faces in and some new legs for running the court. Michael sure wasn't happy when I told what we planned next, but it was something we simply had to do.
thecoolestjedi

Postby Phatman » Wed May 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Welcome back. I'll be reading
Phatman

Postby Rizzo » Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 am

Giving a 1st in that trade? I'm not sure I would do that with the record you said you had.
Rizzo

Postby thecoolestjedi » Thu May 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Portis agrees to a extension with us which was exactly the plan, by 2021 I feel we can build up a contender and sacrificing some future draft picks felt decent in return for Portis here who come sin at 23 and able to provide right away at a starting level. Jordan seemed okay with the trade, this roster was devoid of quality talent and finally we are able to partner Kemba with someone half way component. The media were already hounding us for what was coming next and with our record, I received a call from the Knicks that was gonna turn this franchise upside down. Many were going to be unhappy, but we are simply doing far too much to be so mediocre. A face lift was needed and thats something we guaranteed when I stepped foot unto the role, even if our owner wasn't the happiest about it.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 pm

It was a long talk, a few yells and curses were exchanged along the way and the night had already moved to the next. I felt we would not get anywhere with this deal, along with not only the most important of our assets, they wished for a 1st to be exchanged next year, which surprised me. I mean we had already dangled our most valuable asset in their face but that asset was on a expiring deal this year and looked for greener pastures than any two of us could provide. My own face reflected this uncertainty as I mulled over how valuable I assumed a first this year and a first next year to actually be. Surely we could get a good two lottery picks for this year with the trade and make a play by offloading these very terrible contracts for the next few years. I accepted the deal and as I closed my eyes I could already see the deal backfiring. It was a risk one for sure, but if we could pull this off along with the top talent available in this draft class, I saw a new way for us to not only compete in the East, but make our way into relevance.

(The trade that happened before was apart of the crash, so on a second attempt, they didn't seem to want to do the exact same trade again which involved a second round instead of a 1st, which sucks to give up, but this draft class looks loaded with talent and getting a young piece back seemed ideal.)

PG Frank Ntilikina
C Mitchell Robinson
2019 New York Knicks 1st Round Pick

New York Knicks Receive:
PG Kemba Walker
2020 Charlotte Hornets 1st Round Pick

Yep, the next few hours were gonna be hell. A team such as ours without two 1sts for the next 2 years, Hopefully we can get rid of some cap room and make a run at a couple of Free Agents.
thecoolestjedi

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball Dynasty Reports