Chicago Bulls: No More Dancing

Re: Chicago Bulls: No More Dancing

Postby thecoolestjedi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:34 pm

We come to the All-Star break and we are 31-28 so far! What a turnaround for this team, we have been outscoring teams and making the best of what we have right now and I couldn't be happier, these young guys could just save my job here in Chicago.

PPG Leaders for us:
Zach Lavive 21 PPG
Lauri Markannen 19.6 PPG
Coby White 17.2 PPG

APG Leaders:
Zach Lavine 5.6 APG
Coby White 4 APG
TJ McConnel 2.8 APG

RPG Leaders:
Lauri Markannen 9.6 RPG
Wendell Carter Jr. 7.4 RPG
Thaddeus Young 4.5 RPG

We decide to issue a trade that ships SG Tomáš Satoranský to Houston for PF Kenneth Faried, PG Jimmer Ferdette, PG Shelvin Mack and a 2022 2nd Round pick. Good value in return for us here, except for Jimmer who we decide to cut as soon as he lands in Chicago, but the rest will be welcome additions to our bench and nice stockpile of draft picks in case the playoffs go bust.

The surprise for us here is sophomore year SF Jimmy Jones who has come out of nowhere with the production.
In 28 minutes, Jimmy is averaging:
10.3 PPG
2.6 APG
4.0 RPG
1.3 SPG
Shooting .492% from the field
.432% from three
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:33 pm

The first bit of news that greeted me that morning was a copy of the Chicago Sun-Times. You would never believe what graced the sports section?! If you guessed Chicago Bears signing a quarterback, you would be wrong. No, instead we got: "Bulls celebrate playoff berth". That's right, the NBA Season has concluded and the Chicago Bulls are in the playoffs at 42-40 to face the New York Knicks. I had stated the need for patience with Artūras and I was rewarded with another season on the job and another shot at making the Bulls more than just perennial lottery players. Looking over the end of year performances:

Points Per Game:
Zach Lavine 21.6 PPG
Lauri Markkanen 19.3 PPG
Coby White 17.2 PPG

Assists Per Game:
Zach Lavine 5.6 APG
Coby White 4.1 APG
TJ McConnell 2.9 APG

Rebounds Per Game"
Lauri Markkanen 9.2 RPG
Wendell Carter Jr. 7.3 RPG
Zach Lavine 4.6 RPG

Heading into our series with the Knicks, I was a little more optimistic than I probably should have been, they trounced us in very easy fashion as we get sent home early. I would call this disappointing, but we still have a ways to go in building this team for the future and that won't stop now.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:39 pm

2021-22 NBA Awards
General Awards:
ALL NBA 1st Team:
ALL NBA 2nd Team:
ALL NBA 3rd Team:
ALL NBA Defense 1st Team:
ALL NBA Defense 2nd Team:
ALL Rookie 1st Team:
ALL Rookie 2nd Team: