Chicago Bulls: No More Dancing

Re: Chicago Bulls: No More Dancing

Postby thecoolestjedi » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:29 pm

We extend Lauri Markannen to 2025 with a huge contract that will hopefully play well for us in the long run. Lauri can easily be our best player on the floor in a year or two and I was desperate to lock him down unless we lose him to free agency. This does leave us with some money questions as we do have money tied to some pretty poor bench players and Felicio! Lavine is another question mark, but I'm confident that if I can't keep him, I'll flip him for picks. With the money we would have given Dunn if I was more foolish still in our hands, I had my eyes on the class of next year for free agency.

Around The League
Cavaliers resign Jordan Clarkson to 4 years for $46 Million.

Lakers resign Anthony Davis to a huge 5 year, $188 Million.

Knicks signs Serge Ibaka for 4 years giving him $86 Million.

Hornets sign Kris Dunn for 4 years and $66 Million.

Atlanta Hawks sign Bobby Portis for 4 Years and $46 Million.

Suns sign Nikola Mirotic for 4 years giving him $66 Million.

Atlanta Hawks give Brandon Ingram an offer sheet of 4 years for $60 Million.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:01 pm

First Game of the season is against the Boston Celtics, one of the strong title challengers in the Eastern Conference and a overall deep team in both depth and ability to hit the three. Key Points for us will be defending the perimeter and making sure we lock down Kemba Walker.

Boston Celtics 117(Home) Vs. Chicago Bulls 105(Away)
Most Points: Kemba Walker(Celtics)
Most Assists: Marcus Smart(Celtics)
Most Rebounds: Otto Porter Jr.(Bulls)
We Drop a game to the Celtics away from home that started off as a strong performance, but fell apart in the 4th quarter with Kemba Walker and Jayson Tatum both getting hot late and simply not missing from 3 and being able to sense every pass. Coby put in a great start as our Point Guard, but foul trouble quickly dispatched everything around him and we relied more on our bench to fill in the constant sight of Coby being on the bench. Not too much to take away from this game as it was a lot of abnormal performances from people like Lauri Markannen and a lot of silly passes from Zach Lavine. Still we are a young team and one still looking to find their place in Basketball, so losing a game we dominated early wasn't a surprise given our opponent and the fact that Lauri would shoot an abysmal 1-10. Long season to go and a lot of growing to go for our team. Looking forward to it.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:51 pm

We enter the post All-Star break fully healthy and at a very poor 22-35, but this record is good enough to get that all coveted 8th seed in the Eastern conference, which was the goal of this season technically, just squeaking into the playoffs whether that be a sweep or a actual good contender. Still it was foolish to think we could challenge off the bat like this, but big things for us have been Coby White, the kid has been a dynamo in the starting position for us and that is a godsend. Not too much assists from him, but he makes up for it with his scoring outbursts. There have been flashes here and there of what we are actually made of, but I feel it is too inconsistent, we aren't there bench wise to poise any real threat in the East and injuries have exposed the little depth we have.

Points Per Game Leaders:
Zach Lavine 19.6 PPG
Lauri Markannen 18.9 PPG
Coby White 16.6 PPG

Assists Per Game Leaders:
Zach Lavine 5.9 APG
Coby White 4.9 APG
Tomas Satoransky 3.7 APG

Rebounds Per Game Leaders:
Lauri Markannen 10.2 RPG
Wendell Carter Jr. 6.6 RPG
Zach Lavine 4.8 RPG

Team Stats(Position in the NBA):
Points Per Game 106.8(20th)
Assists Per Game 24.7(11th)
Rebounds Per Game 41.8(28th)
Points Allowed Per Game 110.6(26th)
Blocks Per Game 4.9(20th)
Steal Per Game 9.3(11th)
Field Goal Percentage .464(14th)
3pt Percentage .352(5th)
Free Throw Percentage .813(4th)
Offensive Rating 107.4(17th)
Defensive Rating 110(24th)
Net Rating -2.6(19th)
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:49 pm

And with that, the 2020-21 NBA Season has ended and The Chicago Bulls remain one of the worse teams in the NBA. Quite disappointing to say the least, but this team was a project and a project takes time, so hopefully the draft lottery is kind to us and we get something from that and enough free cap space to improve the abysmal bench squad.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Here are your 2021 NBA champions, The Los Angeles Lakers for a second time in a row.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:39 pm

We go to the Draft lottery for the 2021 draft and it should be good, I mean we have a 12.4% shot at that #1 pick and I feel pretty good about it. Sure it will be luck dependent from us, but thankfully a Youtuber who is a Bulls fan is our Representative for this, so we are feeling somewhat lucky. I mean we surely can't get another 7th pick this year, right? I mean seriously, we have been screwed over so many times and haven't been able to land that 1st pick since the miracle that was grabbing Derrick Rose. Please, I'm pleading with you at this point.

Yeah, I think I'm going to quit this game. Another 7th pick in the past 4 years for us here in Chicago and another wrench in our offseason plans to actually offload some pieces since no one wants to pay for these stupid Tomas and Thad contracts. Terrible, terrible year.
thecoolestjedi

2021 NBA Awards

Postby thecoolestjedi » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:16 pm

NBA General Awards:
All NBA First Team:
All NBA Second Team:
All NBA Third Team:
All NBA Defense 1st Team:
All NBA Defense 2nd Team:
All NBA Rookie 1st Team:
All NBA Rookie 2nd Team:
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:24 pm

Out with the old and in with the new. Our coaching staff is revamped for a new season as we give Terrell Amaya a chance at being the new head coach for the next 4 years. I felt Boylen was very much holding this team back from their potential and that Amaya was a risk I could take to help connect with this very young team. My seat may be a little heated, but I feel like a first round exit is very much plausible from us. Not the best team in the NBA by a long shot, but definitely one of the better teams out East. Up next for us is the NBA Draft, which we scouted some very nice talent that could drop down to us.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:15 pm

NBA Draft 2021

1. Cleveland Cavaliers- SG Matt McFadgon, Louisville
A decent 2 out of Louisville goes first to Cleveland in puzzling move that further bloats their already guard heavy roster. The post-Lebron era doesnt look too bright, but positive that they can turn it around in Cleveland.
My Grade: D+

2. San Antonio Spurs-PF Alwin Ecksetin, Germany
The prize of this draft and a generation changing player that will thrive under Popovich. Alwin will be one of the best Pfs in the game in 4-5 years guaranteed and San Antonio just found their franchise cornerstone.
My Grade: A+

3. New Orleans Pelicans- PF Brett Morris, Marquette
Curious pick out of the Pelicans here where they picked a very, very large project in Morris over some other help for Zion, just weird to pick a PF here.
My Grade: D-

4. Miami Heat- C Damon Willis, Xavier
Why? On a team with Cousins and Bam, this was easily the worse pick of the night, why not help the aging guard play and bench?
My Grade: F

5. Toronto Raptors- SG Jerod Wrenn, Kentuky
A future star for Kentucky in Wrenn here. They signed Nunn already, so they will be using him mainly off the bench, but the experience should help develop him.
Grade: B+

6. Charlotte Hornets- SF Tye Richards, Texas
Who is making the decisions in Charlotte? Has Jordan finally learned how to draft? Great pick for Charlotte, a project, but a project that if treated well will become one of their best players alongside Cortez Kimm.
Grade: A

7. Chicago Bulls- SF Travis Henry, Michigan State
Really wanted to grab Tye, but Travis will be a spark of offense off the bench and will develop a solid defensive game down the line for us, especially after the loss of Otto Porter Jr and looking to 2nd year, Jimmy Jones to start for us.
Grade: C

thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Year 3. Year 3 with this Chicago Bulls franchise and it doesn't look too bright for us down the road. I still expect a 8th seed finish and trying to give the 1 seed a bit of a series in the playoffs, but the recent seasons haven't been too kind to this idea.

The roster for your 2021-22 Chicago Bulls.

PG Coby White
Coby has been a integral part of scoring for us in the starting lineup since Dunn left and I don't see that changing this year, one of our future franchise cornerstones for sure and I have no issues with Coby being on this team for the longterm.

PG T.J. McConnell
Our backup for this year and not a bad one at that, solid at the shooting aspect of the game and will mostly play a similar to the role Coby has with our starters.

SG Zach Lavine
The face of this rebuild and a guy who is on a contract year, I'm gonna have to see a lot out of Zach to extend him, but I would say if we fail, its gonna be a trade Lavine year and scavenging the draft for that next guy.

SG Tomáš Satoranský
Trade chip this year, someone please be stupid enough to take him.

SG Nicolas Batum
Shooting off the bench, thats it

SF Jimmy Jones
Our starting Small Forward and someone who I think could be a big piece down the road for this team and could play a role right now in our season. Jones has the ability to be an elite scorer who coudl still defend if we develop him right.

SF Travis Henry
Bench for us, but we will use that time to help round out Henry and hopefully get him good enough to compete with Jones for the starting job.

PF Daniel Gafford
Bench guy, but will be a solid bench guy for us. Great inside scoring and defense.

PF Lauri Markannen
Our other star and the man I will look to have a double double game after game. Our season rests on the shoulders of Zach and Lauri taking over and after a big contract, I expect Lauri to have an all-star year.

PF Thaddeus Young
Trade Chip.

PF Travis Mihm
Bench player, but gonna help use that time to develop him.

C Wendell Carter Jr
Our defensive wall and still can contribute on offense, one two punch with Lauri and I love how he will turn out hopefully.

C Anzejis Pacecniks
Bench guy.
thecoolestjedi

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball Dynasty Reports