Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2022: Magic in the Air

Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2022: Magic in the Air

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:10 pm

June 2021
The Orlando Magic have announced the hiring of a new General Manager. The new man comes from a college scouting background from the lower rungs of the Chicago Bulls association and upon being asked his thoughts, Richard DeVos answered; "We are beyond ecstatic to have a person in charge who knows what it takes to help youth succeed and Alex Manning all the best."

Manning will be inheriting a very young Orlando Magic team who look set to simply rebuild for the future. Lots of young guards and a emerging backcourt for Manning to make his "magic" with.
Last edited by thecoolestjedi on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thecoolestjedi

Re: Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2022: Magic in the Air

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:26 pm

The scouting setup for the Magic this year will focus mostly on the American colleges as Europe can be something of a toss-up. With this roster, I expect to see a lot of pick n roll and 3s being shot and will adjust the depth and strategy accordingly.

Players I plan to build around/focus on:
PF Franz Wagner
As a avid Illinois fan, this kid was always and I mean always a problem. Expect him to get starter PF minutes and names like Jonathan Issac and Mo Bamba to be shopped. Really hyped to have such a promising looking stretch 4 already. one of my favorite types of players in DDS Basketball games.

SG Jalen Suggs
70% of the reason I chose the Magic for this dynasty despite being very and I mean very interested in doing a Cavaliers dynasty with Mobley. I expect Jalen to become a star here in Orlando and alongside Cole, should be one of the best, young backcourts going.

C Wendell Carter Jr.
One of my favorite players in the NBA and one I was gutted to see traded to Orlando, Carter Jr. will be our franchise starting center for years to come and I will look to flip Mr. Bamba for some more value down the line.

Official Orlando Magic trade block:
SF Jonathan Issac

C Mo Bamba

SG Terrence Ross
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:14 pm

Orlando, Florida 10:00 AM
October 16th
Office of Alex Manning

The phones are blaring with messages for the three men put onto the trade block and it looks like three deals are narrowed down within hours of each other. I looked over some of the pages and saw the names that I had just traded for and smiled, A great day of business for the Orlando Magic today and suddenly things become a lot clearer.

The following trades have been agreed upon as of now October 17th, 2021.

Orlando Magic trade:
SF Jonathan Issac

Washington Wizards trade:
SF Deni Avdija
C Thomas Bryant
2022 WAS 2nd Round Pick

Orlando Magic trade:
C Mo Bamba

San Antonio Spurs trade:
SG Lonnie Walker V

Orlando Magic trade:
SG Terrence Ross
2022 ORL 2nd Round Pick

New Orleans Pelicans trade:
SF Josh Hart
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:29 pm

ImageImage

Coach Jamahal Mosley will line up the Orlando Magic as following, utilizing our front and backcourt to make sure we shoot the lights out of the arenas. Experts expect us to be a bottom 2 team in the East, but optimism about this first season is definitely in the air.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:21 pm

The NBA after the month of October. Some surprises here and there for the Orlando Magic and some surprising stats for the team leaders.
Players of the week:
Week 2: PF Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
Week 1: SF Jaylen Brown, Boston Celtics

Orlando Magic Leaders:
Points Per Game: Wendell Carter Jr. 15.6 PPG
Assists Per Game: Cole Anthony 5 APG
Rebounds Per Game: Wendell Carter Jr. 11.6 RPG

Orlando, Florida
11:00 PM
October 31st, 2021
Office of Alex Manning

I got the call late into the night from Cole Anthony's agent. His client didn't like being on the trade block and wanted out of Orlando immediately. Cole had put up a decent season of 15.4 PPG 5 APG 7 RPG, but the PG position would be something of a issue that I have publicly called into being a area of improvement. I'm not one to be the type of GM that doesn't allow a player to leave, so I gave the promise of a deal being worked out before the deadline. Anthony's strained hamstring would prevent a near deal until his physical could be 100% guaranteed to be passed and truthfully I needed to steady the leaking holes in our ship. The office is quiet, quiet enough to hear me whistle a little tune to myself to distract from the coming storm. Something was in the air down here in Orlando and it wasn't a positive record.
thecoolestjedi

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:34 am

Good luck Jedi!!
Chris

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:46 pm

Chris wrote:Good luck Jedi!!

Thanks, Chris. I'll need it with this team.

Tough month in November for the team. Lots of infighting and lots of blowups over some pretty poor losses.
Players of the week:
1: PF Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets
2: PG Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors
3: PF Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets
4: PF Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
5: PF Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets
Player of the Month:
PF Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets

Rookie of the month:
PG Cade Cunningham, Detroit Pistons

Orlando Magic team Leaders:
Points Per Game: Wendell Carter Jr. 17.3 PPG