DDSPB24 San Antonio Spurs: The Freaks Come Out at Night

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:41 pm

My Online league has Victor available in the draft and no shot I can crack the #1 pick, so this is a dynasty basically about me compensating by playing with Victor. I will try and do my best with the Spurs so that they are back to the top of the top and also refuse to not allow Pop to retire; hopefully he can retire with us winning a ring, but I doubt that. Anyways here is the reason we are here:

Victor will be the focal point of the team and he really he is already a force of nature; should easily clean up rookie of the year and I just need to put a nice team around him, which should be easy enough. There is some talent here on the roster before Victor, but for talent that I like; here are the two guys who will probably be here down the line. Look at this guy; I am very salty I can't have him in my online league as well. :(

I will not show the rest of the roster because they are really not that important to this dynasty as they will probably not be here either mid season or at the off season. The roster is bad and that is to be expected. I am going to try and update this 3 days a week; been trying to get back into playing the Draft Day sports games for fun; super deep into the college game rn, but wanna wait until 24 for a dynasty with that. So here we go; gonna hopefully get to monthly updates post 1st season, but don't care for the first season; this is draft a point guard year for us.
thecoolestjedi

Re: DDSPB24 San Antonio Spurs: The Freaks Come Out at Night

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:08 pm

For the 2024 NBA draft; my goal is to grab a play making Point Guard who we can develop here and create as a starter; looking to get a guy who can help out with Victor and feed our big guy for years to come. That's my plan of attack. I think with a Point Guard other than Tre Jones, I can give Victor the facilitator needed to really thrive, but man the dude is already one of the best players on the game lol. Something tells me this won't be a long dynasty.

thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:52 pm

The winner of the NBA In Season tourney; I wasn't too big of a fan of covering it; at least not until next year. The Timberwolves, so there you go; will probably try and cover this more Next season when we can be more of a player in this.

There you go, the season ends and we are the 8th seed out West, so here we go playin. I actually like our chances Versus LA as Victor has been amazing all season and should easily be in MVP conversations by year 2. Feels almost too easy with Victor, but that is what we signed up for. Hopefully we can challenge whoever we play in this Play-in and are able to make a splash in the NBA playoffs sometime soon here.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:54 pm

TATUM ALSO GOT TRADED AT THE DEADLINE TO PORTLAND FOR TWO FIRSTS AND SIMONS!
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:20 pm

Prediction: I would go Nuggets/Cavaliers Finals; Nuggets in 6 games. Expecting us to get swept after we beat LA somehow to get to the Clippers.

Here are the completion of the 2024 NBA Playoffs; Warriors win it all and we took the 2 seed Clippers to 7 games, so there is a plus there. Victor makes this dynasty so much easier, I mean he really basically carried us this series and is the reason we are where we are lol. We got the awards coming up next.
2nd Finals MVP for Curry; goes a long way in dispelling those narratives.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:32 pm

NBA 1st Team
NBA 2nd Team
NBA 3rd Team
NBA All Defense 1st Team
NBA All Defense 2nd Team
NBA All Rookie 1st Team
NBA All Rookie 2nd Team
My biggest surprise has to be Victor being on the All NBA 3d team! Really; this kid is out of this world; he should be a top 5 player by next years and he is all ours man. Just a cheat code of a pick and player; maybe I should've done Detroit? Very surprised by Demar on the 3rd team; gotta be about the team record; felt there were other SFs who were deserving of his spot there, but what can you do.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:34 pm

Rockets jump this far up! Big win for them; really think getting that PG outta Oregon will be impossible; he seems way way way too good.

Greg Popovich retired after this season; so we pick up a great defensive coach who plays how I feel I want to play in Byron Scott!
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:42 pm

We trade for Corey Kispert; to basically be a bench spot up shooter; nothing more.
Pick number 16 for the Spurs; tried to move up, but no luck, but this kid could be good in a few years and he has 78 Court IQ.

Rest of the draft; only special player is the Heat PG; dude will be a stud.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:48 pm

We tried to wheel and deal, but no luck here. Pacers win the Summer League Title. We do nothing in free agency and most players return to where they are. The team as is should till get around a 6-8 seed in my opinion.
thecoolestjedi

Postby thecoolestjedi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:53 pm

Season 2 Roster Overview
PG Devonte' Graham
A backup PG who will not be coming back to the team once his contract expires; don't expect to see much of him this season.

PG Tre Jones
Our starting Point Guard this season, but I am unsure if he will be the one to dish it to Wembenyama. Going to see if we can grab a discount for him because he is a great passer and handler of the basketball on this team.

PG Tony Jones
Our recent pick in the draft; should be handling the backup duties for us this year and should get that time to develop as a player as well if he does well enough. A very solid player however and could grow even more; really happy with his IQ for a 16th pick and should be someone to look out for going forward.

SG Malaki Branham
A backup who looks to be a inconsistent score out there for us, but that is okay. He won't see tons of minutes.

SG Sidy Cissoko
Going to the G-League at some point.

SG Devin Vassell
The man out here at the 2 for us in Devin; should be a cornerstone of this dynasty going forward unless we decide to move onto a massive trade to try and kickstart this team, but I really; really doubt that. Can score and handle the ball; so he should be with us for a very very long time.

SF Keldon Johnson
Like Keldon, but he will be coming off the bench and he represents a lot of cap room; so more than likely he is added to the trade block for us as we look to move on from him and look to make a big splash this off-season on a Center or by a mid season trade.

SF Jeremy Sochan
Should be put in a Point Forward role, but Tre Jones is too good for that to happen; however Jeremy should be good enough that he commands a place here for years to come and I am really a fan of what he did last season as well. Should be a favorite of this dynasty for the foreseeable future. Also 95 Court IQ will always get you the favorite tag from me.

SF Corey Kispert
Came here in a trade during the draft; here to come off the bench and hit shots; will mostly play the backup PF role since our depth there is small.

PF Victor Wembanyama
THE GOAT. Scares me how good this dude is in the game because he is so good it just accelerates us towards the finish line. He should be in MVP talks this year and will probaly make 1st ALL NBA team in my opinion; just too good. This guy is just so good and he will be so broken in future games; I am beyond excited to play with him for this season and areally sad I have no shot at him in our online league :(.

C Charles Bassey
Might be the starter over Collins here, but it will be touch and go.

C Zach Collins
Ditto for above.
Last edited by thecoolestjedi on Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thecoolestjedi

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball Dynasty Reports