Real player photo file - release version 1.0

Real player photo file - release version 1.0

Postby Duckman007 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Hi WS community,

Please find below a link to the first version of the Real Player Pic Pack I have put together.

To install you will need either Winzip or Winrar to extract the files

Extract files to :

DDSPB2020\APP\DISK\GRAPHICS\PLAYERS (or your equivalent installation folder)

DO NOT INSTALL INTO THE PLAYERS/FAC FOLDER - THEY GO DIRECTLY IN THE PLAYERS FOLDER

File contains over 700 real player photos, based on the default roster shipped with the B3 Build (i believe every real player including FA should have a pic)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qj7vY ... k__K3daBV-

If there are any issues with pics not displaying properly, incorrect pics used for players, or player missing a pic, please post here and I will correct in future updates.

Hopefully this enhances your experience with the game!

Cheers

Duckman
Duckman007

Re: Real player photo file - release version 1.0

Postby Sweed » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Wow Duckman, thank you so much these are really great!

Just dropped them in my game so have only looked at my Lakers, the Celtics, and Knicks (I don't know why :eek: ) lol I didn't see any problems with those teams and they add so much to the immersion factor :)
They are cut so clean, did it take you long to make them?
Sweed

Postby Duckman007 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:15 pm

Glad you are enjoying Sweed!

I didnt cut the photos, i basically searched for each individual player on a website and then had to save and rename each individual pic to suit the games naming conventions. That said, it probably took about 5 hours just to complete that, including distractions and such.
Duckman007

Postby Duckman007 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 am

UPDATE

This project has gotten bigger than originally intended, so thought i would give an update of what i am up to in case peeps are working on similar things

Custom Mod File : I have a working mod file (based on the template) complete with :

* real team names
* real arenas
* real owner names (Pics not showing in game, waiting for info from GG before proceeding further with pics)
* season starting injuries and suspensions (mainly only the long term injuries aka K.D) Should Stephen Curry start the season injured? (played 4 games before the injury occurred)

* No work done on draft picks.. Not sure if I will at this time as most picks seem to be "conditional" but will investigate further once other things are complete.

STAFF PHOTOS :

Currently completed pics for about 60% of Active staff members. Unfortunately this is crazy time consuming as i need to cut each individual image as standard images are not as readily available for coaches as they were players. However, i am really stoked with some of the results i am seeing doing it this way, and in time may go back to cut better player pics based on what i have learnt.

Free Agent coaches may be worked on at a later date, but definitely wont be ready for the initial launch.

Thanks GG for all the awesome support as I find different things popping up whist working through this.

Hoping to have everything i want done by Friday.
Duckman007

Postby Duckman007 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:38 am

GG missed this 1 for the mod section :P

cheers

Duck
Duckman007

Postby MizzouRah » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Excellent work, thank you!
MizzouRah

Postby Honny118 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:44 pm

I've just gone through the players' pics and made a few new photos:

Nikola Mirotic (missing)
Naz Reid, Johnathan Williams, Josh Gray, Jamel Artis, Jabari Bird (changed to a plain white background)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gjstiy

See if these can be added to the mod.
Honny118

Postby kentcol » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:03 pm

I put these in the correct file but the game doesn't start with them in. They are .jpg files and the ones in the game are.png files. What am I doing wrong?
kentcol

Postby Duckman007 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:03 pm

kentcol wrote:I put these in the correct file but the game doesn't start with them in. They are .jpg files and the ones in the game are.png files. What am I doing wrong?

no idea. as far as i am aware, Gary programmed it so the game engine pics up both jpg and png files.

are you using steam version or direct link? the install folder will change for steam.

also which version of game are you running?
Duckman007

Postby Aceshigh24 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Question about how to get the big photo size on the photo's to match the in game ones.

Using the 2017 version of the game i went on a mission to go historical and would collect all the rookies photo's and save them in the game photo pack folder. Not sure how many years i got through but i'm thinking in the middle of the 2000's. What size can i resize all these too to match the in game ones?

does anyone know what the size is? Would like to start over and work on collecting all the photo's again.
Aceshigh24

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 Mods