Empty Rosters

Re: Empty Rosters

Postby cdcool » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:19 pm

My suggestion
Uninstall the game and all the mods Steam or Standalone.
Scan for viruses
Reboot your computer
Install the game again with the mods and try it again
I've never had a problem with Rosters.
cdcool

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:00 pm

Thank you both. Unfortunately, I just tried both these recommendations and still can't get any players or rosters in the game.

It seems like this is a problem with settings on my computer since no one else can replicate these issues or has reported them, however it's surprising because the computer is brand new. My settings should be standard windows settings out of the box as far as I know which I would imagine are the same as most others in this community.

I really appreciate all the responses and would love to hear if any others have ideas for troubleshooting. I'd hate to resign myself to having just bought a game yesterday that's unplayable for me. It really looks great based off the screenshots/videos I've seen.
fenixtx1001

Postby cdcool » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:49 am

fenixtx1001 wrote:Thank you both. Unfortunately, I just tried both these recommendations and still can't get any players or rosters in the game.

It seems like this is a problem with settings on my computer since no one else can replicate these issues or has reported them, however it's surprising because the computer is brand new. My settings should be standard windows settings out of the box as far as I know which I would imagine are the same as most others in this community.

I really appreciate all the responses and would love to hear if any others have ideas for troubleshooting. I'd hate to resign myself to having just bought a game yesterday that's unplayable for me. It really looks great based off the screenshots/videos I've seen.

How many hard drives do you have on your computer? if more than one, install it on a different drive and see what happens.
cdcool

Postby AKH » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:08 am

most often issues are from antivirus software interfering or trying to realtime scan. You can try adding the game and folders to virus exceptions, or temporarily disable your antivirus. I you have access to another computer, try installing there just to verify that it is indeed your main computer that is the issue.
AKH

Postby cdcool » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:15 am

AKH wrote:most often issues are from antivirus software interfering or trying to realtime scan. You can try adding the game and folders to virus exceptions, or temporarily disable your antivirus. I you have access to another computer, try installing there just to verify that it is indeed your main computer that is the issue.

Good point!
What anti-virus program are you using? Windows Security only won't cause any issues.
cdcool

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:30 am

It would be really strange that the anti-virus is messing with only player creation, but doesn't impact creating teams, coaches, and everything else about the league. Hard to believe during the creation process there wouldn't be some kind of error being thrown since having no players in the league seems like it would stop things.

fenixtx1001 - Are you always choosing a certain team, if so, which one? Have your tried different ones? Can you attach a screen shot of the entire roster screen where it is showing blank?

Also, what are your computer specs? Windows? Mac? What operating system version? Specs of the computer (i.e. CPU, memory, etc.)?
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:36 am

Sure - thanks again everyone for trying to help me through this.

I'm generally trying to set this up in sandbox, so I'm not actually picking a team, but it looks like it's defaulting in as Florida State once the game is created. If there's an option to change that prior to the league creation, I'm missing it.

Specs:

-Processor - Intel Core i5-2520M CPU @2.5 GHz
-Installed RAM - 8.00 GB (7.9 Usable)
-Free Storage - 428 GB
-System Type - 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
-Windows 10 Home edition

Dumb question, but can I not just paste screenshots directly into replies here? I have the screenshots, but can't get them to paste or load as attachments.
fenixtx1001

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:51 am

that helps, didn't know you were in sandbox mode. Not an expert in that mode, nor understand how it works...but I did just create one and all rosters are there....so still not sure why your not seeing any. I would think your specs are fine for a game like this.

Also, Florida State is the default view because I think its listed as first in the teams.xml file.....

Screenshots can't be pasted in a text editor like a post here. You need to host the file somewhere (I use Imgur, its free) and then inside the post paste the link to it. Think you can also upload an attachment (right below the editor in left hand corner) which you could attach the picture as well, then people can click on it and see it.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby cdcool » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Post the screenshots in Slack so Brooks can take a look.
I play in Sandbox with no issues.
cdcool

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Thanks guys. Here are links to the screenshots in imgur:

Here's the start screen settings I'm using to start:
https://imgur.com/X9SZsFO

Here's what every team's roster looks like after I start a game:
https://imgur.com/9znzrL3

And here's what the recruiting screen looks like when I try to click into it:
https://imgur.com/l9QR7gK

I'm wasn't familiar with Slack but just went in and created a profile. As best I can tell, it looks like I'd need to create a team there to share files? Is there one I should join? Can Brooks just view the screenshots from the imgur links above?

Again, thanks so much to everything taking time to help me figure this out.
fenixtx1001

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion