Recruiting Strategies: Looking for Advice

Re: Recruiting Strategies: What is Hidden

Postby sharky6865 » Sun May 03, 2020 11:08 am

Hi I am new to the game & am halfway thru my 1st season. Does anyone know in recruiting what Hidden is & how to use it. I have not found anything in the user guide
sharky6865

Re: Recruiting Strategies: Looking for Advice

Postby AKH » Sun May 03, 2020 12:35 pm

Hidden removes the recruit from all the other filters and onto the hidden list (that you can see using the 'hidden' filter in the dropdown). Its basically a way to remove players from your lists that you are no longer interested in.
AKH

Re: Recruiting Strategies: Looking for Advice

Postby bigpoppa85 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:16 pm

AKH wrote:
b1gd51 wrote:I have some more questions if anyone can help:

1. When you click on a recruit's name and bring up his player card, you have the talking point allocations underneath the recruit's interest bar on the right side. What do the Academics and Organization talking points refer to? I'm assuming that Organization is referring to school prestige? I'm not seeing anything relating to Academics in the recruit's interest, though

Also, what do the green numbers beside the talking points stand for and why are they important? I've read through the guides and haven't been able to find anything...

viewtopic.php?f=314&t=25516&p=214362#p214362

b1gd51 wrote:2. Does anyone have a rule of thumb of when to cut bait from prospects and moving on?

Like I'll see a guy w/ a 30-something interest in my school and feel the need to continue recruiting him in hopes his interest we'll jump up, but I'm in Week 5 now w/ zero commits and starting to panic a little. On one hand, I don't want to cut bait too early and miss out on a prospect I could've had, but on the other hand, I don't want to keep wasting resources on ones I have no chance at when I can be putting those resources into others.

Yep, I had a 3* underrated OL I was after with my Texas State job. I recruited him from the first week and put maybe 7-8 recruiting points in per week. His interest never got above 1! But no one else recruited/offered him. I kept a close eye on him as kind of an experiment. He ended up signing with me around week 15? He was an instant starter at Tackle and will leave as a 4 year starter most likely.
Rule of thumb is that if you dont see anyone else on him stick with him. Other than that its about assessing his interest and the competition.
bigpoppa85

Previous

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion