Conference changes and creating a team

Conference changes and creating a team

Postby drummerJ99 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:24 pm

Is it possible to do this? What I'm wanting is play in sandbox mod, move New Mexico State to Conference USA West and create the Evansville Purple Aces to join CUSA East. I've tried this in the teams.xml file and the game just crashed. So then I've been trying to see if it's possible actually in game and can't seem to find a way to do it. Can't even get it to let me move NM State.

Is my best bet to do this just modifying another school into Evansville? Or is it possible to create a team?

And no Evansville doesn't actually have a Football team, they haven't since mid 90's but I like living in a fantasy world. LOL
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Re: Conference changes and creating a team

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:37 am

In between seasons you can go into League Format and swap teams between conferences.

If you want a fully custom season you would have to create a modified Teams.xml file with a Type="Custom", create a custom schedule.csv file with your appropriate scheduling, and create a new league using the new "Custom" format and import those files.

There are people on the mods forum that have had success with custom leagues (82 team?) and can probably help guide you on setting up what you're looking for.
brooks_piggott

Postby drummerJ99 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:In between seasons you can go into League Format and swap teams between conferences.

If you want a fully custom season you would have to create a modified Teams.xml file with a Type="Custom", create a custom schedule.csv file with your appropriate scheduling, and create a new league using the new "Custom" format and import those files.

There are people on the mods forum that have had success with custom leagues (82 team?) and can probably help guide you on setting up what you're looking for.

Ok Thanks, I'll try that.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby Tiger Fan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:36 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:In between seasons you can go into League Format and swap teams between conferences.

Brooks, A quick follow up question on this. Does this mean if I wanted to expand a league we can now do so at the end of a season? Ie if I have my 82 team league and want to add another team or even another conference I just need to import the new teams.xml file and a compatible schedule at the end of the season? Or am I misunderstanding this and you can still only set the total number of teams at league creation and doing a teams.xml after a season would just allow you to realign the league not add more schools to it?

If it does let you add more teams at the end of any season, how are the new players created for the new schools? Are the stuck with an entire class of freshmen from recruiting or are players created for these new teams just as they would be for all teams at the start-up of a new league file?
Tiger Fan

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:56 pm

No, you can't change the structure of a league after it is created, only swap one for one in between seasons. (Mainly for the reasons you state regarding adding new kids, etc.)

Depending on how well the custom feature works we can look at expanding it in the next version and possibly allow people to change/expand.
brooks_piggott

Postby natedawg80 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:31 am

I created a fictional league but when try to load it, I get an error message: No Conferences and Teams found. I modified the existing Teams file and saved the file as an Teams.xml.
natedawg80

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Normally that means there is something invalid in the XML file, or you modified/added/deleted conferences and teams. If you want to make large changes you probably need to create a custom league as shown above which gives more flexibility (as well as a matching schedule file)
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion