Player Skills- what is it

Player Skills- what is it

Postby Flair1239 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:22 pm

On the player bio, on the right hand side of the screen there is a category referred to as “player skills”. I can’t find this defined in any of the guides. I am assuming that it is some sort of experience/intangible modifier for how well the player understands his position depending on the applicable circumstances. I have been operating on the running assumption that this is effected by “Position Drills” in the training schedule.

Am I close?
Flair1239

Re: Player Skills- what is it

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:12 am

Yup, the skill ratings are how well they perform at that particular position.
brooks_piggott

Postby zac » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:37 pm

Say I have a RB that has a 90 OVR rating but his "player skill" at RB is 72. I know there are other factors, but I'm always a bit confused on how much weight to put into the fact he has a 72 ratings for player skill?
zac

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:16 pm

So lower skills will have a negative effect on the player and will make them "underperform" their ratings. Moderate skill levels will have no issues, and the highest skill levels will get boosts in certain areas.

I would use skills as a tie breaker between similar players. Maybe a bit more weight if a player has extremely bad or extremely good skill.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion