Recruiting: No 4 or 5 Stars Committed to 50 Prestige League

Recruiting: No 4 or 5 Stars Committed to 50 Prestige League

Postby Zeppelin462 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:15 pm

So, I finished creating my custom league, and in that custom league, I reset all conferences and teams to 50 prestige, so that there were no powers by default going in. I simmed a season to test this out, and noticed no 4 or 5 stars committed. I know this sort of goes hand in hand with what I've heard about low prestige teams having no chance at these prospects, but is there any way for the recruiting logic to balance out if there are no great team options? It just seems like the logic is a little too stacked in the direction of the very high prestige teams, which is certainly normally the case in real-life, but it does make me a little bummed to realize there's no chance of a lower prestige team taking a shot and succeeding on top talent.
Zeppelin462

Re: Recruiting: No 4 or 5 Stars Committed to 50 Prestige Lea

Postby Zeppelin462 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Alternatively, if I upped every team's prestige to the 70s, would that give the game a shot?
Zeppelin462

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:12 pm

We'd have to look at this in a future version... the game is expecting a good spread of teams from 30ish prestige all the way to 95, so changing everyone to 50 is going to cause issues in a lot of the recruiting and ranking logic. 70 may be better as the higher the prestige the higher chance of recruiting top talent, but I'm not sure what the absolute minimum prestige would be to get one.
brooks_piggott

Postby Zeppelin462 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:18 pm

I guess I could make everyone 80 or 90, and make prestige changes high. My only concern with doing that is having a few years of stacked rosters from the default player file.
Zeppelin462

Postby darrellet86 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:33 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:We'd have to look at this in a future version... the game is expecting a good spread of teams from 30ish prestige all the way to 95, so changing everyone to 50 is going to cause issues in a lot of the recruiting and ranking logic. 70 may be better as the higher the prestige the higher chance of recruiting top talent, but I'm not sure what the absolute minimum prestige would be to get one.

I grabbed two 5* guys with FAU (62 prestige) in this current one I originally started with Wyoming. Both were from Florida, but I would say off a good guess the least has to be 60. There were some strong circumstances with those two guys too. Haven't landed any 4*'s though! :(
darrellet86

Postby Zeppelin462 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:08 am

Okay, changing all team prestige to 90 seemed to do it. I set prestige change to High and simmed six seasons, and that is creating the parity I was hoping for in the initial phases of recruiting, while seeing teams start to differentiate as seasons are completed. Thanks!
Zeppelin462

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion