Setting coach philosophies during league creation?

Setting coach philosophies during league creation?

Postby b1gd51 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:12 pm

Why can't we choose what our coaching philosophies are when creating our coach?

I don't really like how they are randomly selected for us. Coaching attitude (Stern, Enthusiastic, etc.), offense & defense focus, attitude, offense tempo and all those. I want to run a pass-heavy Spread offense, but every time I choose Spread at creation and view my philosophies in my coach's profile screen, it always defaults to run-first Spread. From what I can tell, it's based on your coach's gameplan setting, but those are randomized too. And I realize you can choose "Use Custom" and set your own gameplan, but I'd like to be able to set my philosophies so I can use my coaches gameplan settings instead.

I also saw in the guide that these settings affect what type of plays are in my coach's playbook. Will using custom gameplans change the plays in the playbook or are the plays based on the default settings that are randomly assigned to you coach upon creation?
b1gd51

Re: Setting coach philosophies during league creation?

Postby MattP598 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:43 pm

You can create your own playbook. You can use the auto generated one by putting in the parameters you want or you can go into more detail and put in the specific plays you want. As far as the philosophies yes they are randomly generated and I think you should be able to choose your own as well, however, I don't think it really effects anything if you use a custom gameplan.
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Re: Setting coach philosophies during league creation?

Postby b1gd51 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:08 pm

MattP598 wrote:You can create your own playbook. You can use the auto generated one by putting in the parameters you want or you can go into more detail and put in the specific plays you want. As far as the philosophies yes they are randomly generated and I think you should be able to choose your own as well, however, I don't think it really effects anything if you use a custom gameplan.

It does if you use a league where custom playbooks/gameplans and such are turned off. Personally, I don't turn these options off, but we should still be able to choose our coaching philosophies when creating a coach.

One reason being: If you take another job offer from a different school, the custom gameplans and playbook percentages are reverted back to the coach's default philosophies so every time you change schools, you have to set them all over again.

It makes no sense how we can't choose these things beforehand.
b1gd51

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion