Scheduling.

Scheduling.

Postby Phatman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:05 pm

Would love the opportunity to have more of a control of my schedule. There are teams that have 4-5 back to back road games. Also would love to be able to decide when I want to play my OOC games put a cup cake school before my OOC rival type thing. Like Bowl Bound does ( I know it’s a very old game but the way they did scheduling was pretty good). Again really enjoying the game. It is fun.
Phatman

Re: Scheduling.

Postby Vegas Vic » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:27 am

Good idea. Also, there doesn't appear to be any equity in the cross division conference schedules. Some teams will play each other four or five times in ten years, while others will only play each other once or twice. It would be nice to get that evened out. Assuming there aren't any permanent cross division rivals (as there are in real life), I would suggest the following example for a 14 team, two-division conference: A team will play the cross division conference teams as follows:

Year 1: Team 1, @Team 2
Year 2: Team 3, @Team 4
Year 3: Team 5, @Team 6
Year 4: Team 7, @Team 1
Year 5: Team 2, @Team 3
Year 6: Team 4, @Team 5
Year 7: Team 6, @Team 7

This is just one example, but it shouldn't be too difficult to implement something like this to even out the disparity in the cross division games.
Vegas Vic

Postby AKH » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:29 am

You can do fully customized schedules.

viewtopic.php?f=312&t=31045&p=214794
AKH

Postby Phatman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:51 am

AKH sent you a PM
Phatman

Postby Vegas Vic » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:58 am

AKH wrote:You can do fully customized schedules.

viewtopic.php?f=312&t=31045&p=214794

I know you can do custom schedules, and that’s a good option to have. However, it’s an “all or nothing” option at this time. For the modern landscape of college football, that means manually entering all 780 games every season.
Vegas Vic

Postby AKH » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:39 pm

just export the generated schedule and make the changes you want.
AKH

Postby b1gd51 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:45 pm

AKH wrote:just export the generated schedule and make the changes you want.

The point Vegas Vic is making is that we shouldn't HAVE to.

Exporting the generated schedule and making the changes ourselves would require us to make 700+ custom games/schedules for every team, every single year. As he said, it's a nice option to have, but we shouldn't HAVE to use it to get semi-accurate schedules based on criteria that are easily accessible. The game should already be programmed to get small things like this correct.
b1gd51

Postby AKH » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:22 pm

I think you underestimate how difficult it is to make a 12 game schedule for 128 teams in a variety of conferences and divisions (feel free to send us the math if I am wrong). I can testify that brooks has spent A LOT of time on these, it is NOT simple.

Anyhow, you wouldnt have to change all 700 (assuming you are only interested in your own team) just switch around the ones you want.
AKH

Postby Vegas Vic » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:51 pm

I can appreciate the difficulty in programming full 12-game schedules for all 130 FBS teams. However, I don’t understand how it would be so difficult to get the conference scheduling correct, since it is all pattern based. Right now, I’m playing as NC State, and I’ll end up playing cross division opponent Georgia Tech three years in a row sometimes, while playing arch rival UNC once or twice in 10 years. It almost seems that the game uses a random number generator to determine the cross division games.
Vegas Vic

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:07 pm

The schedules for the conferences are all different. For the 14 team 2 division I took a real life schedule, use the same matchups based on the divisional finishes for each team. So it rotates, but only based on finish, not on a fixed rotation each year. So basically if everyone finishes in the exact same position each year, then they'd have the exact same schedule at least related to that conference.

I can look at switching this up to a rotating seed instead of division finish, but it will have to be a future version.
brooks_piggott

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion