Scheduling.

Re: Scheduling.

Postby Vegas Vic » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:18 pm

Brooks, thanks for that explanation. I think that’s more along the lines of how the NFL does their cross division scheduling, based on finish. It would be nice in a future version of DDSCF to see the cross division games rotate sequentially.
Vegas Vic

Postby Zeppelin462 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:54 am

I mentioned this in a previous post on scheduling, but Brooks, it might be worth looking into Diamond Scheduler. It's $100 for a year, but can help you put together different custom (and complicated) schedules. I took the plunge and bought it to create custom schedules for my college universe, since it was simply too daunting to replace numbers in a huge CSV without inevitably getting it wrong.

Also, I don't know what the folks on the OOTP forum do for custom schedules, but they've managed to get a system down for scheduling large leagues with many games and scenarios: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/for ... php?f=3632

I definitely get that it's a challenge to get this right for complex leagues, but I really feel it's one of the most important aspects of a college football sim.
Zeppelin462

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:30 pm

Right now the schedules are realistic and have some form of rotation so I think those are fine. It's probably the OOC games and not having the right mix of home/away plus a certain amount of shuffling that causes too many home games or away games in a row. I can look at scheduling in the next version to see if there are better more realistic ways of doing it.
brooks_piggott

Postby Vegas Vic » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:08 pm

Zeppelin462 wrote:I mentioned this in a previous post on scheduling, but Brooks, it might be worth looking into Diamond Scheduler. It's $100 for a year, but can help you put together different custom (and complicated) schedules. I took the plunge and bought it to create custom schedules for my college universe, since it was simply too daunting to replace numbers in a huge CSV without inevitably getting it wrong.

This thing is awesome! I'm just tinkering around to get familiar with all of the functions. Finally, I can get the Big Ten and Pac 12 teams playing their nine game conference schedules. You can also implement multiple constraints such as the requirement that USC, UCLA, Cal and Stanford play each other every year, locking in rivalry games for a particular week, having no more than two consecutive road games, etc.
Vegas Vic

Postby Rizzo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:23 am

Sounds like you're making a ton of progress on these schedules VV!
Rizzo

Previous

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion