P: 3
brooks_piggott

Re: Probable bug in recruiting since new patch

Postby b1gd51 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:35 pm

Looks good to me. Preciate it, Brooks.
b1gd51

Postby Soonerfan09 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:10 pm

Any chance you will change the FB limit to 3 and the K/P limit to 2 and distribute the remaining three points across the Oline? You could also drop WRs to 9 and TEs to 5 as an option. Seems like you should definitely be able to have more tackles and guards than TEs.
Soonerfan09

Postby XxVols98xX » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:22 am

b1gd51 wrote:Looks good to me. Preciate it, Brooks.

With all due respect this is horrible. You've just forced all 130 teams to recruit exactly the same regardless of the system they run. I understand hard coding the ai but as a human I want the choice of who to recruit and not. As a spread team carrying all these positions I'll never use just takes away from getting good players that could make an actual impact on my team. The max/position should only apply to the ai and have it differ depending on how the HC runs his off and def. Now there is no point in playing with a system which completely takes away from running a dynasty. Ya'll nailed improvements in everything else but this just makes the game seem stale and a cookie cutter. Just feels really dumb as a head coach not running a system but just clanging yearly based on my players. No immersion at all please change it or fix it.
XxVols98xX

Postby Phatman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:10 pm

I actually agree with Vols98. The recruiting aspect of the game is lacking, I don't want to say it needs an overhaul. It needs heavy tweaking. just one example 5 G, T and Centers is not a good system. I have no one to redshirt.
Phatman

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:39 am

will tweak this so it only applies to cpu and auto recruit. Otherwise you're free to recruit past your roster maxes, but keep in mind the kids will be harder to recruit due to logjams at positions.
brooks_piggott

Postby XxVols98xX » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:23 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:will tweak this so it only applies to cpu and auto recruit. Otherwise you're free to recruit past your roster maxes, but keep in mind the kids will be harder to recruit due to logjams at positions.

They are not harder, they are just impossible. As I found out in my FSU dynasty. I was a near perfect interest and then after someone at the position committed they dropped to 1 or 0 interest even if I was the only school recruiting said player. I think this update broke recruiting more than helped as each season now up to 10 highly ranked blue chip guys enter off season unsigned and nobody even recruiting them. I pass over them because during the season they are said to be recruited and then idk what happenes but they do not sign and each year without fail top guys are left unsigned. I wish I knew how to code or develop as I would love to work with you guys and share ideas. I still chuckle at the fact you guys have blue chip FB's when that is basically a dead position. Recruiting is huge in college games and this football game still lacks a good system. All in all love the game and glad to support you guys.
XxVols98xX

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:22 am

Make sure you download and use 4.0.3
brooks_piggott

Previous

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion