Probable bug in recruiting since new patch

Probable bug in recruiting since new patch

Postby ksbass » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:30 am

I have had players that have committed to other schools, even showing the jersey colors, suddenly revert to undecided and have the points I had previously assigned revert back onto them. They remain in committed colors. This never happened before the new patch.

This is the second time in the first season of two separate starts since the weekend patch. I will keep watch to see what happens to the players at signing day next season.
ksbass

Re: Probable bug in recruiting since new patch

Postby ksbass » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:23 am

Furthering on, I notice that the roster is no longer filled out by staff at transfer time, apparently hurting my relative class ranking
ksbass

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Once you get to a max roster count the AI will pull points from existing recruits so you don't oversign at a position.
brooks_piggott

Postby b1gd51 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:32 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Once you get to a max roster count the AI will pull points from existing recruits so you don't oversign at a position.

Does this mean you fixed the issue w/ CPU teams signing way too many players at one position (i.e. CPU teams having up to 11 QB's on the roster)?
b1gd51

Postby ksbass » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:25 pm

I am still interested in what happens with the players being committed per my emails, wearing the colors, but it still shows I have points on them and I am allowed to put scouting on them. That is definitely something I never saw before.
ksbass

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:56 pm

In theory once a player commits to any school any one that was recruiting him should have him removed from their lists and the AI will move to other players. For human owned teams you're able to go over the roster limits but the player interest will tank meaning they should be more likely to commit somewhere else as long as they have options.

Once a player commits to you I imagine you can stop recruiting them since they're committed... no sense in adding more points and scouting since they're already decided.

If you're seeing oddities try saving your .bin file out and sending us a support ticket or ping us on slack with the file so we can look closer at what's going on.
brooks_piggott

Postby ksbass » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:25 pm

If it happens again I will save and send. But the issue is with players committing to other teams and still showing me with recruit points on them. Just to make it clear.
ksbass

Postby b1gd51 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:14 am

I think something is a bit off too.

I'm trying to land 2 offensive tackles and 2 QB's right now, but despite being the only team recruiting them at this point in my current season, the "Overview" screen is showing that I've offered them scholarships but is also saying the recruits have zero suitors and zero scholarship offers:

b1gd51

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:26 pm

Yea, you hit the max for the positions so it removed the offers. Looks like I need to go back through targeted players and fix the scholarship offer too.
brooks_piggott

Postby b1gd51 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:11 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yea, you hit the max for the positions so it removed the offers. Looks like I need to go back through targeted players and fix the scholarship offer too.

Gotcha.

The QB's I understand because I had 4 returning the next season, but I only had 5 offensive tackles returning and couldn't sign anymore apparently. I figured we'd be able to carry 6 tackles and 6 guards at least to fill all the spots on the depth chart unless you implemented group limits (i.e. a max limit for the entire O-line total)

Would you mind giving us the max limits for each position so we know how many players we can or can't target?
b1gd51

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion