Player e-mail

Player e-mail

Postby Phatman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:34 pm

So I just got 6 e-mail from the coaching staff saying that the players are tired of losing and it's effecting the locker room. Problem is we just won 3 in a row 4-4 (4-2) and sitting in first place in my conference. How does this affect the rest of the season, as I am fighting to get into a conference championship and then a decent bowl game?

Also can we please get the ability to get rid of recruits that have already signed or I have dropped from my recruiting? Please, please
Phatman

Re: Player e-mail

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Mark recruit as hidden and they won't show up any more.
brooks_piggott

Postby b1gd51 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:59 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Mark recruit as hidden and they won't show up any more.

Any chance you could make it where if we hide recruits, they get taken off our targets list? Reason I ask is for two things:

1. Whenever I hide a recruit, it means I no longer want to recruit him. But when looking at the Position Count screen, it'll still show that I'm targetting him even though I no longer want to and when you get deep in the season, sometimes I can have up to 60 players on my target list, even though the majority are hidden. This comes from adding players to the target list to assign them recruiting points just to see what their initial interest is before simulating the week. If they have little interest in my school, I hide them and go for another player. It'd be nice to just have them taken off the list of targets altogether if hidden. If you want to un-hide any players, they could be added back on.

2. When you target a player, you get an email saying they've committed to another school, even if you have no interest in or put any points into recruiting them. If I'm no longer recruiting them and have them hidden, it would cut down on the list of players you get emails about that you have no interest in. I feel as though we don't need email updates about recruits we've hidden and moved on from.
b1gd51

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:19 am

We'll have to look at this in the next version. We'd probably add a button that removes a recruit completely... hiding a recruit removes them from the list but since you did target them and you did recruit them we didn't want to lose the history that you've spent on them in case you want to go back to them later.

We'd also have to look at the emails and not send ones out unless you were actively recruiting or offering a kid.
brooks_piggott

Postby Phatman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 pm

I understand, I would just like the option. That's all.
Phatman

Postby zac » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:24 pm

I may not be doing something right but my problem with "hidden recruits is there isn't a filter at the top that allows me just to take out "hidden recruits from my view. I see a filter at the top for "recruiting" and "not recruiting" but I often have a decent number of lower guys that I'm scouting but not yet recruiting. And if I filter to only "recruiting", I can't see the guys I'm only scouting. So it forces me to filter to "All" which then brings back the hidden guys.

Even if the "hidden" button stayed all the same and there was just a filter to allow "All except hidden", that'd fix all my issues.

But it's easy to work around it.
zac

Postby b1gd51 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:59 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:We'll have to look at this in the next version. We'd probably add a button that removes a recruit completely... hiding a recruit removes them from the list but since you did target them and you did recruit them we didn't want to lose the history that you've spent on them in case you want to go back to them later.

We'd also have to look at the emails and not send ones out unless you were actively recruiting or offering a kid.

That would be awesome. I understand about losing the history aspect. Usually, if I want to go back to a recruit, I'll just filter to Hidden and uncheck him, but that rarely happens because like I said, when I hide a recruit, 99% of the time I'm done w/ them.

So yeah, a new button to remove them from the target and email list would be great. Preciate it, Brooks.
b1gd51

Postby AKH » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:53 am

Sounds like the solution is just to add a filter for "All except hidden" in addition to "all".

As for the emails, it should be fairly easy to group the ones that were "hidden" on a separate list at the bottom of the email. Ive been planning to group the ones with scholarships anyway since its annoying looking for the asterisks in long lists.

Notice I Cant promise any timeline for patch on either.
AKH

Postby AKH » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Added the 'all except hidden' filter for next patch.
AKH

Postby b1gd51 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:10 pm

AKH wrote:Added the 'all except hidden' filter for next patch.

Sounds like a good workaround for now. I'd still like to see an option to take recruits off the target list altogether in a future version, though, so I hope you guys consider it.
b1gd51

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion