Viewing Recruiting

Viewing Recruiting

Postby cdcool » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:33 pm

You need to be able to view Commitments for all schools in the Recruiting, not just my Commits.
cdcool

Re: Viewing Recruiting

Postby Phatman » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:17 am

Also I am playing as Kent St in a solo league, the computer is not aggressive enough in recruiting. The #1 RB went unsigned along with a lot of good players. I signed the #1 CB and a top 5 Offensive Tackle, with an #18 ranked class coming in, Kent St. should not be able to pull that off.

The coaching carousel needs a little work, the only job offers I have gotten so far are lower prestige schools (49 and lower). Granted I am just in year 4 of my league, I have been to the Conf Championship twice with Kent 1-1 is my record for those games 0-2 in bowl games. I'm not expecting FSU or Oregon to come calling but I would like a mid-major school to look at me.
Phatman

Postby Vegas Vic » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Phatman wrote:Also I am playing as Kent St in a solo league, the computer is not aggressive enough in recruiting. The #1 RB went unsigned along with a lot of good players. I signed the #1 CB and a top 5 Offensive Tackle, with an #18 ranked class coming in, Kent St. should not be able to pull that off.

I'm noticing this too. Every year, there are quite a few 5* and 4* players who don't sign with any team.
Vegas Vic

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:46 pm

It's a byproduct of top teams already hitting their max at certain positions where lower tier teams don't have enough prestige to be recruiting 5*. We'll have to adjust for this in the future.
brooks_piggott

Postby zzzz » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:45 am

Yes, pls fix this. I counted about 20 players out of the top 100 who went unsigned at the end. I noticed this near the end of recruiting period and was able to land the 14th-ranked 5*QB since no one is recruiting him (50 prestige school that typically pulling in recruits in the 800-1200 range....) was i cheating?

also, I notice that I have a bunch of recruits who are 95% interested in my school but at the end, they all went unsigned even I still have scholarships left. I would like to see this fixed too.
zzzz

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:47 am

I don't think it's cheating... if other schools all already have a bunch of 4 and 5 star guys then it should be possible for lower schools to grab them. The problem isn't that you were able to get him, the problem is that there are probably too many CPU teams that aren't going for him. We try to make sure cpu teams target appropriate levels of players, but now that we have the limits working better we can expand their target list as the recruiting season moves on.

You have to offer the scholarships to them to get them to sign normally... you also can't exceed max counts of positions, so even with 95% interest if there is no scholarship or no room they won't sign.
brooks_piggott

Postby zzzz » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:19 pm

weird thing is that I am pretty sure I have offered scholarships to those players involved (there were 5 or 6 I believe) otherwise their interest level would not have been that high. unfortunately I don't have a screenshot to show you.
zzzz

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Most likely you hit the max roster limits for those positions.
brooks_piggott

Postby Phatman » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:35 am

Brooks, is there any consideration to upping the maximum capacity of players to each position by 1? I personally think it will help with the amount of recruits not getting recruited. Just a thought
Phatman

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:04 am

No, I'd rather update it so that 5 star kids that drop get recruited by more teams so the problem goes away.
brooks_piggott

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion