Empty Rosters

Empty Rosters

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:19 am

I just downloaded the game so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious, but I've selected Computer Generated rosters from the initial screen and none of my leagues ever have any players on the rosters or recruits. I've tried this about 10 times now, and still can't get any to show up. Obviously, I can't sim or play any games without any players.

Is this an issue anyone else has come across/does anyone have troubleshooting ideas?
fenixtx1001

Re: Empty Rosters

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:04 am

Sorry, I don't see this issue...works every time for me. Are you changing any other options or anything else?
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:21 am

Thanks for the reply.

The only option from the initial screen I'm "changing" is naming the league. I'm leaving everything else, including the roster source as the default (CPU Generated). I'll click to advance and I get a popup that says it's creating the league for about 30 seconds. Then the game looks like it should in all the screenshots I've seen, but there are no players and it's unplayable.

Probably worth noting I'm using the latest version of the real world mod, however I've tried to create a league without the mod as well and I have the same problem. The mod itself seems to be working fine as all the team names and logos look correct.
fenixtx1001

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:25 am

fenixtx1001 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

The only option from the initial screen I'm "changing" is naming the league. I'm leaving everything else, including the roster source as the default (CPU Generated). I'll click to advance and I get a popup that says it's creating the league for about 30 seconds. Then the game looks like it should in all the screenshots I've seen, but there are no players and it's unplayable.

Probably worth noting I'm using the latest version of the real world mod, however I've tried to create a league without the mod as well and I have the same problem. The mod itself seems to be working fine as all the team names and logos look correct.

Strange for sure.....I have been playing the game since release and have never seen that issue. If widespread issue, likely would have been reported many times here. Maybe try uninstall and reinstall again? If that doesn't work, best to contact support. Realworld mod wouldn't have any impact on it (as you saw) because it has nothing to do with player creation.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:50 am

Thanks Sly.

I just tried that again. Still seeing the same issue. I don't know if this helps, or would be obvious with no players in the game, but I also pasted the most recent message from the error log when I try to sim a game in the league:

Date: 2/29/2020 6:50:07 AM
Source: Draft Day Sports - College Football 2020
Stack Trace: at DDSCF.GameFunctions.DYJgHbmzzXdqiKFObemQwTXMgnrjA(Play OffensivePlay, Play DefensivePlay, Game g)
at DDSCF.GameFunctions.KickoffPlay(Game g)
at DDSCF.GameFunctions.SimGame(Game g)
at DDSCF.GameDisplayControl.lufWDsBcexCZtnSCdepXKJiBYtLc(String PlayOrSim)
at DDSCF.GameDisplayControl.yFiZOhxpjZsmbgOxQwGEuAgbiwTT(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
fenixtx1001

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:53 am

fenixtx1001 wrote:Thanks Sly.

I just tried that again. Still seeing the same issue. I don't know if this helps, or would be obvious with no players in the game, but I also pasted the most recent message from the error log when I try to sim a game in the league:

Date: 2/29/2020 6:50:07 AM
Source: Draft Day Sports - College Football 2020
Stack Trace: at DDSCF.GameFunctions.DYJgHbmzzXdqiKFObemQwTXMgnrjA(Play OffensivePlay, Play DefensivePlay, Game g)
at DDSCF.GameFunctions.KickoffPlay(Game g)
at DDSCF.GameFunctions.SimGame(Game g)
at DDSCF.GameDisplayControl.lufWDsBcexCZtnSCdepXKJiBYtLc(String PlayOrSim)
at DDSCF.GameDisplayControl.yFiZOhxpjZsmbgOxQwGEuAgbiwTT(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

That likely is because you have no players if your trying to sim games. Curious, what is the version of your game, it would be on the main menu on the left. It should be 4.0.2

If not, try installing the latest version from this post.

viewtopic.php?f=314&t=31098
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:30 am

Yep - currently using 4.0.2
fenixtx1001

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:50 am

I would uninstall and delete any extra files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolverine Studios\Draft Day Sports - College Football 2020
I would also delete any files in your docs folder: C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2020

My guess is there is a mod or corrupted file that is affecting things.
brooks_piggott

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:05 pm

Thanks Brooks.

Just tried this as well. Removed everything from both folders, uninstalled &reinstalled, but still seeing the same issue. I'll also mention I purchased/downloaded the game via Steam. Assuming that doesn't matter since I'm running V 4.0.2, but thought I'd mention anyway.
fenixtx1001

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:05 pm

I've never seen this issue... and to be honest I have no idea how to debug/diagnose it. The only other thing I can think of is some issue with firewall/antivirus/etc. sorts of programs that could be blocking for some reason?
brooks_piggott

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion