Empty Rosters

Re: Empty Rosters

Postby cdcool » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:25 pm

If you got screenshots you are good
Wolverine has a slack account and you can post screen shots directly. No Teams involved.
cdcool

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:50 pm

fenixtx1001 wrote:Thanks guys. Here are links to the screenshots in imgur:

Here's the start screen settings I'm using to start:
https://imgur.com/X9SZsFO

Here's what every team's roster looks like after I start a game:
https://imgur.com/9znzrL3

And here's what the recruiting screen looks like when I try to click into it:
https://imgur.com/l9QR7gK

I'm wasn't familiar with Slack but just went in and created a profile. As best I can tell, it looks like I'd need to create a team there to share files? Is there one I should join? Can Brooks just view the screenshots from the imgur links above?

Again, thanks so much to everything taking time to help me figure this out.

Thanks for posting, totally out of ideas...never seen something like that before. Hopefully support can help you figure it out.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:54 pm

After looking at your game screen (where rosters shown), noticed your screen is a little different....at the bottom there is usually league leaders shown and your text line is a bit elevated. Out of curiosity, what resolution are you playing at? Are you on laptop? Do you have the ability to change your resolution higher to see if any impact? Seems like a long shot that is causing it, but maybe worth trying.

Also, when the league is being created after your on the setup screen, during that process a recruiting popup will show that flashes by names of people being added to the game, do you see that during your league creation?

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:16 pm

I am on a laptop and it's set to the highest resolution (default of 1366 x 768). I played with this a little bit on lower resolutions and it doesn't seem to fix anything.

Unfortunately, I've never seen the recruiting screen that you screenshot when creating a league. Mine simply says "Creating League" and it's done in less than 30 seconds, maybe 15 seconds each time.
fenixtx1001

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:25 pm

Mystery deepens....that box should come up, but if isn't coming up, then means even during creation it is somehow skipping that step which is added the players. One other thing to try out of curiosity, if you want. You said you bought the steam version....maybe try the non-steam version to see if any different results. There is a FREE demo (see below), you'll see the link at the bottom of the demo page to get it. The steam and non-steam version can be installed at the same time. Then try the demo and see if you see the same thing. After this, I am out of ideas:)

Link to demo page
https://www.wolverinestudios.com/free-game-demos/
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:26 pm

Thanks again Sly!

Same issue in the non-steam version unfortunately.

It was asked earlier, but Windows defender is my antivirus software (sounds like that shouldn't be an issue), and I've temporarily deactivated all my firewall settings so neither of those should be factors at all.

Definitely still interested in any ideas folks may have here and thanks again to all who've replied so far.
fenixtx1001

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:29 pm

fenixtx1001 wrote:Thanks again Sly!

Same issue in the non-steam version unfortunately.

It was asked earlier, but Windows defender is my antivirus software (sounds like that shouldn't be an issue), and I've temporarily deactivated all my firewall settings so neither of those should be factors at all.

Definitely still interested in any ideas folks may have here and thanks again to all who've replied so far.

have you tried the challenge mode instead of sandbox? you’ll pick a team, but you could see if rosters filled at least.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:46 pm

Is Challenge mode the same as Career mode? If so, yes, I've tried that with the same results, however I've never been prompted to select a team. The game is created the same as described above before and I'm taken to commissioner settings - by default they are all checked as CPU owned and this appears to be my first opportunity to select a team though it's after the rosters/player universe are all empty.
fenixtx1001

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:50 pm

Sorry, yes career mode. At the end of league creation, should have been prompted to select a team from a dropdown.

And to be clear, you tried deleting the "\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2020" folder? Can't wait to find out what the actual issue is, bizarre for sure:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby fenixtx1001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:54 pm

Must have a few issues going on when the game is created because I'm not getting that option. It appears that no matter which selection I pick after 'new game' from the main menu, I'm getting the same result.

I have deleted the DDSCF 2020 folder (a few times), uninstalled, and reinstalled the game via steam, but nothing changes.

I'm very excited to find out what the issue is as well :) - can't thank you enough for dedicating this much time to trying to help.
fenixtx1001

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion