Quick Scheduling Question

Quick Scheduling Question

Postby cwell2314 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:54 am

Long time supporter here, and just downloaded the demo for DDCF 20 and I had a quick scheduling question for anyone that could possibly help. This game seems to be a major upgrade from DDCF 18, but I am having trouble trying to select a preferred opponent for the schedule. Not sure if there is a certain time frame on the calendar that I need to be in in order to change that, or if its just not allowed for the Demo.

Again, this looks really great, but definitely want to make sure that I have some control over the scheduling aspect. I am currently playing in Sandbox mode as I appreciate being the "commissioner" of the league.

If anyone could answer that scheduling question though, that would be great.

Also, I am having trouble trying to find the schedule.csv file in the Demo. I export the data, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, and I have "Show Hidden Files" on.

Thanks again guys for the incredible work that goes into these games.
cwell2314

Re: Quick Scheduling Question

Postby AKH » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:17 am

the preferred opponents are effectively for the next season - so you set them before the season flip, and the scheduling gods try to make it happen.

Usually, exports go into ../mydocumuments/wolverine/DDSPF20/Leagues/Yourleaguename
AKH

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:38 am

Pretty sure you just need to have the preferred opponents saved before the last stage of the season where next year's schedule gets generated. In season #1, you wouldn't be able to use it because it already starts with the scheduled created. If the demo only limits you to one season or less, you would not be able to see this feature in the demo.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby cwell2314 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:07 am

Thanks for the replies, but it looks like I cant mess with the schedule at all during the demo, which is okay. I checked the folders and still didn't see the schedule.csv, and the game still won't show any drop down menu's on the Preferred Opponents section of the scheduling tab. I checked after every week, and after bowl season, senior game and right before launching into new season, so again, I am assuming this just isn't allowed in the demo.

I do have one more question that maybe someone can help/answer with that again might be because I am playing the demo currently and not the full version, but I added two teams to the ACC on the Teams.xml file, and it seems to put them in the conference standings, but their schedule resembles one of an independent. My first thinking was to simulate a year and then see if the following year the schedule corrects itself and gives them a league schedule, but it did not. I gave them new ID's of 131, and 132 respectively, so wasn't sure if I have to play with the ID's in order to fix it?

I then wanted to see if it was because 14 teams is the maximum for the conference schedule algorithm, so I wanted to add two teams to the MAC and again, it puts them in the conference standings and everything looks good, but the scheduling still resembles that of an independent.

My next thought process was to then just add a team to the Independents then if the scheduling will make it only of an independent schedule, but my game wouldn't even create a new association showing I can't add two teams to the Independents conference. I then tried to delete a team from the Independents and the B12 and it didn't create the association and I ran into an error.

So I guess my question is, is it possible to add or delete teams, or is this possibly due to the fact that I am playing on demo, and the limited capability is what is probably holding me back a little in my sandbox mode. I saw some people are able to have a league with as few as 82 teams. Not a deal breaker issue, just want to make sure I am not doing the wrong thing, or not looking in the right spot. I was able to edit the bowls file perfect fine deleting a few of them and it ran perfect in each trial, so I would assume the same for the team.xml file unless it all has to do with the schedule.

Sorry for the long rant, thank you for reading and replies in advance. Have a great day yall.
cwell2314

Postby AKH » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:48 am

make sure the team isnt set to CPU control.
AKH

Postby AKH » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:50 am

To your other questions - Yes the game supports a lot of different league and conference formats, but things have to be just right for eveything to work. I would check the mods section - a lot of work has already been done there.
AKH

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:01 pm

If you're going to mod your teams.xml you must keep the same structure that currently exists. You can't add or remove teams without adverse effects.

If you want a custom format you'd have to select custom league format, then create your own teams.xml file and create a matching schedule csv file to go with it.
brooks_piggott

Postby cwell2314 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Awesome guys, appreciate the feedback.
cwell2314

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion