Prestige Gains

Prestige Gains

Postby MattP598 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Prestige gains need to be tweaked in my opinion. In one of my online leagues I went 13-1 with Auburn who is prestige 79, won the SEC championship, beat USC in the Orange Bowl and didn't gain a point. I didn't make the playoffs either finished 5th behind UNLV and Central Florida who had absolutely pathetic schedules but that's another topic lol. However, somehow Wisconsin went 7-6 and gained a couple of points. Also Ohio St who was already 93 prestige, went 9-3 and gained a point. How exactly does that work??? I also have Texas in the same league and won the big 12 3 straight seasons with 10+ wins at prestige 74 and never got a point all three seasons. That was all in the 19 version by the way. So I thought 20 is coming out I'll wait about mentioning it. My first season in our online league with 20(whole different league by the way) I go 15-1 (we had 8 team playoff), win the SEC championship, win the national championship, and didn't get a single point with an 85 prestige team. That honestly shocked me. That should get you 3 or 4 points IMO (we have prestige gains set to high as well) and I didn't get a single point. Hardly any major conference teams got a point..... I think there were 4 total that did.
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Re: Prestige Gains

Postby Hawkeye40 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:50 pm

I've seen Maryland in sncfl win 2 straight national championships going undefeated both seasons and didn't get a single point. But... Ohio st at 9-3 who lost to Maryland gained a point. Wisconsin went 7-6 and gained a point, blew them out by 40 points and finished 10-3, but nothing for me. 20 seems to be going the same way for the most part, are we using the same formula from 19?

Thanks
Hawkeye40

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:36 pm

We'd have to look at it again but the overall charts we use over 30 year sims seem to have the movement we intended.

The game makes it extremely difficult to gain points once you get into the 80's as the highest we typically see is 92-94 and that normally takes multiple high win seasons and national championships to get to.
brooks_piggott

Postby MattP598 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:50 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:We'd have to look at it again but the overall charts we use over 30 year sims seem to have the movement we intended.

The game makes it extremely difficult to gain points once you get into the 80's as the highest we typically see is 92-94 and that normally takes multiple high win seasons and national championships to get to.

I can understand that and the reasoning for it being difficult for a high prestige team to gain points, but how does that explain Ohio St getting a bump with 3 losses and a 93 prestige? I also think that winning the national championship should gain you at least 1 point especially if you are in the SEC West where your two biggest rivals, LSU and Alabama, are already over 90. I just get my tail kicked in recruiting by Alabama every season in state and there is basically nothing I can do about it at this point. I've had 5 star guys from Auburn or Opelika(literally down the road from Auburn) not even give me the slightest bit of interest that go to Alabama.
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:28 am

It's difficult to gain points, but not impossible. There are several scenarios where there is an opportunity for a point... get enough good rolls and even high teams can gain.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion