Disregard for Depth Chart (RB)

Disregard for Depth Chart (RB)

Postby t965203 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:31 pm

I have had this happen on a couple occasions. A RB I have 1st (or 2nd) on the depth chart just stops getting carries, seemingly out of the blue. I'll have strategy set to "Committee" but he'll just stop getting carries, while the other RB will carry as many as 45 times in a game. I'll move the depth chart around and it doesn't really do much, it's like the player is broken. I've checked and there's no injuries. The RB will still sometimes get 2-3 carries a game, but that's about it. Anyone had this?
t965203

Re: Disregard for Depth Chart (RB)

Postby t965203 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:57 am

Sorry for the double post, but it's happening with my quarterback now.

Both are listed as 93 OVR but my QB2 is getting all the snaps (and starting). No injury to my starter.

Edit: I went in and dropped the overall of my desired backup a couple points, and now he doesn't play. A good workaround but I play in commish mode.
t965203

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:06 pm

Sounds like the teams are still set to CPU and it's playing who it wants instead of using the depth charts you have set up.
brooks_piggott

Postby t965203 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:46 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Sounds like the teams are still set to CPU and it's playing who it wants instead of using the depth charts you have set up.

Am I missing a spot where I might not have it switched over from CPU to human? I have the box "Set to CPU" box unchecked under Team Info and then under the "strategy" page I have everything set to Custom. Is it possible the CPU is playing different packages? I have everything set to run off my "default" package, but that's the only other thing I can think of.
t965203

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:22 am

Make sure the depth charts are fully filled out. We had someone a while back that was leaving some positions blank thinking they weren't used in their plays (which is probably true), but it was rendering the depth charts invalid and the CPU was overriding them.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion